Really strange ebay call (limits) - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Really strange ebay call (limits)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
eBay can take a few days/weeks/months to sometimes block account.

Carry on with the account as normal, nothing you can do will save it if it is going to go down.

Start working of stealth, make sure they remain unlinked.
Yea, when in doubt try to wind the account down for a few months. Don't do anything at all that might raise any kind of flag. When you go back to it treat it like a new account list a bunch of low risk items etc. It is a pain but when you get in this situation you want to do everything possible to save an established account.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-22-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%

Yep happened to me a while back on a TRS account perfect everything,I made that stupid mistake called in

I hate to say it but you are on borrowed time, you may even call back get someone nice that says that fixed everything and even give u that limit raise(exactly what happened to me)

But,3 weeks later that was it , a great account toast 5 months straight TRS, Was making $10,000 a month but got greedy and called in, they said that there was an old account I haven't used in a year linked to my account and it was suspended

I got a nice lady from trust and safety on the line who said she fixed everything gave me a limit increase, the next month that was it they wouldn't even take my calls anymore

The thing is they have u linked they know but there is 1% or less chance those accounts are not yours , so since u are a powerseller they are giving you a courteous! which will not be long, for me was the second week of the month that I called in and everything happened

They waited till I paid my nice eBay fee of around 2K the next month

And I remember they waited till the fee was paid , because I was late 1 week with the payment the day I paid , couple hours later that was it, I called they said you were linked there's nothing that can be done u were given a chance( whatever that meant, maybe to prove the linked suspended account wasn't mine) but that was it, once ur linked u can send every document in the world and it won't matter, they know

Best thing to do is start making lots of accounts, make 5X or more than what u have now , and if the limits are not enough make more, spread sales out, forget of having that one big account, they are good for short term , but lots of small accounts are great in the long run and all them funds will add up very nicely and ur will stay under
The radar

And take from this the most important lesson, unfortunately you and I have learned the hard way, Never Call Ebay For Limit Raises

Good Luck
Old 03-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 60%

Thanks for the replies guys.

One other question though, my ebay fees are mounting up, I know the account is on borrowed time, do I pay them or just ignore them and empty my paypal account ? Don't see the point in paying the fees just for them to then suspend me. Or do I jsut pay them as normal with my paypal account.

Any advice welcome and glad to see that I am not the only TRS that was stupid enough to phone in...................I HOPE ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT ARE READING THIS TAKE HEED AND NEVER CALL IN TO EBAY NO MATTER HOW BOMBPROOF YOU THINK YOUR ACCOUNT IS...........I AM FURIOUS WITH MYSELF.
Old 03-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

If you have used their services then you owe them the fees, so pay them

Each seller that avoids paying their fees makes it a little harder for everyone else.
Old 03-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Very true James, never thought of it that way.
Old 03-22-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry506 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys.

One other question though, my ebay fees are mounting up, I know the account is on borrowed time, do I pay them or just ignore them and empty my paypal account ? Don't see the point in paying the fees just for them to then suspend me. Or do I jsut pay them as normal with my paypal account.

Any advice welcome and glad to see that I am not the only TRS that was stupid enough to phone in...................I HOPE ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT ARE READING THIS TAKE HEED AND NEVER CALL IN TO EBAY NO MATTER HOW BOMBPROOF YOU THINK YOUR ACCOUNT IS...........I AM FURIOUS WITH MYSELF.

Whatever you do don't pay the fees early, get all your funds out and than when your down to just what you owe for fees than pay

But if you pay before they are do you lose that little bit of leverage u have ( if any) for them to keep,the account opened . but prepare this won't go,away start making withdrawals today and opening more accounts, if ur lucky you may have a another week until the new month
Old 03-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks DMshark,

I was kind of thinking along the same lines. I am withdrawing funds from paypal very regularly since this happened.

I tried to relist an item on the account today and it came up with a warning that my account is now restricted until the issues on my other accounts are rectified.......the other accounts are suspended indefinately so I can't understand how I could ever resolve the issues ?? I seemingly have 21 days to reslove and if they are not resolved then this account will get suspended............I am thinking end of the month to be honest when the limits renew so I am selling as much as I can at the moment with old second chance offers etc etc - just trying to cash in quickly before being forced to use other accounts with lower selling limits.

Still not sure why ebay have not just nailed this account there and then.........it puzzles me.
Old 03-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry506 View Post
Still not sure why ebay have not just nailed this account there and then.........it puzzles me.
At the end of the day it does not matter why they have not, eBay does a lot of things that do not make sense. Use the time that you have left as best you can.
Old 03-22-2014

Longevity: 58%

I am confused big time because the op is correct,ebay should have shut that account down immediately. either they see him as a money maker or they are waiting to see how he makes his next moves before they shut him down.
Old 03-22-2014
Threadstarter  

I think it is because I have not actually admitted to being linked to the accounts that I say I am linked to. I think they will investigate further and shut me down as I already have a restriction and 21 days to resolve the issues on my old accounts (which were suspended for VERO so no way back for them). This is what I don't understand, why are they giving me time to resolve the issues ???

Anyway, this account is toast one way or another so I am playing the game and using this account to full advantage whilst I still can.
Old 03-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

In my humble opinion.

I think they are playing with you.

Like a Cat with a Mouse just before the kill.

The only way forward is to ensure you beat them at their own game in the future.
Old 03-22-2014
Threadstarter  

They are definitely playing with me but hopefully I have enough experience and this forum of course, to be one step ahead. Another eight accounts are primed and ready to go, a couple of them have been maturing over the past couple of years (selling limits still fairly low though). I am now officially a female !!

Just emailed every subscriber to my shop to tell them there is a big spring sale over this weekend only........seems to have done the trick, I ain't half shifting a lot of stuff today. Basically cashing as much as I can before account goes.....