Wow eBay is advertising Priority as expedited Shipping again - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%
Default Wow eBay is advertising Priority as expedited Shipping again

Just got a negative because a buyer "claimed" he paid extra for expedited shipping. I sent the item USPS Priority Mail as stated in my description the day after payment, apparently eBay is advertising that expedited shipping. It was right around black Friday and it showed up a day or so late compared to the normal 3 day priority. So this clown is going off at me I paid extra money blah blah for nothing. I only ship priority and I only have on shipping option. I think he thought as a tiny seller was Amazon Prime or something. Ridiculous how eBay can f you over at no fault of your own. I did absolutely nothing wrong here. It was eBay twisting words and shipping methods that got me a negative.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Re: Wow eBay is advertising Priority as expedited Shipping again

It's cause eBay says stupid stuff like "ARRIVES IN ONE DAY" basically on the listings, and the turkeys really believe that bs.
Old 12-11-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Yea eBays estimator is so stupid they do that so you receive a defect
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Ravenswood (12-11-2014)
Old 12-11-2014

Longevity: 59%

Same thing just happened to me......moron buyer e-mails...I need a tracking number, the package is late according to ebay! These fools that have this chicken little "sky is falling" mentality drive me nuts...and I'd like to waterboard the UPS idiot that coined the term "tracking number"...people think every/anything has a "tracking number"......and while I'm on a rant...

.....this time of year, I get to see (daily) my two biggest peeves at the post office. 1. People that wrap their packages at the postal window....don't mind the 50 people behind you...we got nothing else to do. 2. the idiots that take 10 minutes to decide what Xmas stamp they want........really???? Who cares what's on a stamp? I don't care if it's got Hitler on it, as long as it'll make the letter get to where it's supposed to!!!

Ok, I'm done.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
MrCool (12-13-2014), ovidiu (12-11-2014), Ravenswood (12-11-2014), rsot (12-11-2014), Salvo (12-15-2014), yotano211 (12-11-2014)
Old 12-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Same thing just happened to me......moron buyer e-mails...I need a tracking number, the package is late according to ebay! These fools that have this chicken little "sky is falling" mentality drive me nuts...and I'd like to waterboard the UPS idiot that coined the term "tracking number"...people think every/anything has a "tracking number"......and while I'm on a rant...

.....this time of year, I get to see (daily) my two biggest peeves at the post office. 1. People that wrap their packages at the postal window....don't mind the 50 people behind you...we got nothing else to do. 2. the idiots that take 10 minutes to decide what Xmas stamp they want........really???? Who cares what's on a stamp? I don't care if it's got Hitler on it, as long as it'll make the letter get to where it's supposed to!!!

Ok, I'm done.
thanks for the laugh...
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
Ravenswood (12-11-2014)
Old 12-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

to add on pokerpro statement...also on my pet peeve list at the post office are the ppl who complain "Why is the postage so expensive? Can I get it cheaper?" as if the postal agent sets the price...ugh
Old 12-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
to add on pokerpro statement...also on my pet peeve list at the post office are the ppl who complain "Why is the postage so expensive? Can I get it cheaper?" as if the postal agent sets the price...ugh
My pet peeve is when hamster wheel fails.
Old 12-11-2014

Longevity: 58%

How about USPS Express 1 day. The idiots at Ebay who write the information apparently don't ship anything to realize Express can be 2 day in remote area's.
Old 12-11-2014

I also get people with a unrealistic shipping expectations. I get people wanting 15lb+ larger items Next day air. Often equal or more than the cost of the item.

Speaking of packaging..... I watched a guy at post office send an item wrapped in tape and those styrofoam meat/bakery/veggie trays from the grociery store. I had a guy send me an item in a dunkin donut food bag still smelled like donuts. The weird **** people send their items in.
Old 12-11-2014

I do all free Priority mail with all my listings, and still get the message after the purchased , and it's just so casual " oh can you send that out overnight express thank you"

I'll reply back yes no problem I will just charge you exactly what the cost is along with the discount I get and it will come to $22.50 or whatever high number it always is, and I'll get messaged back ok the regular shipping is just fine
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
pokerpro (12-11-2014)
Old 12-11-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post

Ok, I'm done.

some reason as I read that I imagined I was at some night club comedy show
Old 12-12-2014

Longevity: 60%

All I can say is the 17th is my last Day of selling. After that it gets crazy, everyone thinks you have a drone that will deliver the package in 1 day. there inability to plan becomes your problem.
Old 12-12-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joew8989 View Post
All I can say is the 17th is my last Day of selling. After that it gets crazy, everyone thinks you have a drone that will deliver the package in 1 day. there inability to plan becomes your problem.
FULLY AGREED... im gone after that...
Old 12-12-2014

I just got an email from a buyer asking if I used the right address on the postage because from where I am to there location mail takes two days and tracking hasn't updated

So I went in took a look, they Paid DECEMBER 8 at night time after 8pm eastern time, tracking did update it showed I dropped the package off at the post office on DEC 9 and is in transit and it even gave an estimate of Dec 12

I just copied and pasted the tracking to show it was in transit and I said I put in my listings two day handling time but you paid the 8th at night and as u can see i delivered it the next day but it is on the way

Like seriously, what service did they think was being used, it was for 10 Poly envelopes , which went for $2.25, I just lose money on these to keep volume up to drown out defects , but I'm thinking a week went by, priority mail advertises 2-4 days, so and i advertised first class with 2 day handling,

I honestly don't understand they must think we really have drones in the back yard and when an order comes in we just fly it out, unbelievable , even if I sent it same day priority it wouldn't of arrived yet
Old 12-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Longevity: 76%

Ever since USPS added the expected delivery date on their tracking, I pretty much get b*tched at every week regardless of holidays. They all think that date means guaranteed or you get the product for free! whoohoo
Old 12-12-2014

Longevity: 56%

This is why I state in my ads "DO NOT GO BUY THE EBAY SHIPPING ESTIMATOR" in big red letters. I have gotten so many messages complaining of items not being delivered on the day Ebay says it will be there. I have had to modify my listings to "economy shipping 1-10 days" just so they cant open a case early on me. Even though I typically send my item Priority unless they are somewhat local.

Pokerpro, I dont see why you dont print out your shipping labels? I know you have said you have done it for years but why? I HATE waiting in line at the post office. I now have my mailman stop at my door eveyday for pick ups. So nice not having to even drive to the p.o.!

I recommend sellers to message their buyers right after loading tracking telling them the realistic shipping time just to lower the expectations that are set high thanks to good ol' Ebay. I think customers really appreciate a non automated personal message from sellers.

Last edited by Pnw507; 12-12-2014 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-12-2014

I hear that I'll never wait in a post office line , I print all my postage and just drop off all my packages and go

I get so killer looks when I just walk through a line out the door where everyone is waiting forever , and have 60 packages, I get them looks like " is this guy really cutting in line" but I just drop them off there's a little counter spacey just drop and go
Old 12-12-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I hear that I'll never wait in a post office line , I print all my postage and just drop off all my packages and go

I get so killer looks when I just walk through a line out the door where everyone is waiting forever , and have 60 packages, I get them looks like " is this guy really cutting in line" but I just drop them off there's a little counter spacey just drop and go
that's how u do it!
Old 12-13-2014

I had Postal Carrier pickup. Problem is that they would com at 9:30am....which is almost useless.
Old 12-13-2014

Longevity: 59%

Well,why I still ship the old fashioned way is a combination of things....1. The can't teach an old dog etc.....2. I buy so much stuff on eBay I get 2-3 packages a day to my PO box, so I'd have to go there anyway. 3. With the exception of 2 or 3, over those last 16 years, I've made some really good friends with postal employees, clerks and a couple of postmasters.

Those relationships have served me really well over the years. I have had many things done for me that were way out of bounds for regular customers......I don't think I could go back to being a "nobody" at the post office...the perks have been too good.....
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
vogeltron (12-14-2014)
Old 12-14-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

@pokerpro I agree. Those relationships go a long way. The largest local post office in my area. I know some of the people there and they let me drop packages off up until 7pm and have them go out that day. The Post Office closes at 5pm.

I also like to use the 24 hour postage machine boxes. They aren't everywhere. Only in 4 of about the 12 post offices I have been to in my county. I drop stuff off at one close my GYM I go to every night. Even if it like a Saturday night. I just try to get stuff out as soon as possible so I don't have to deal with it.
Old 12-14-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood View Post
I had Postal Carrier pickup. Problem is that they would com at 9:30am....which is almost useless.
My carrier comes late in the day. If I can hand them to them directly I will give them to them. Like some other stories I have left them on the porch and had about a dozen items go missing one time. Last time I ever did that.

One time I had a cool mail woman who my regular. We had a deal where I would take the American Flag I have in front of my house down meant I had packages behind that gate if I wasn't there to give them to her. To bad she got reassigned.