Buyer didn't receive Item - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Buyer didn't receive Item

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Sounds fishy......and I would recommend that he contact the post office it was delivered out of to see what the carrier say's......they like to know this stuff, could be a carrier ripped it off! Not likely, but there are bad people in every line of work.......

Anyway, I'd let him do the leg work on his end......if he blows that off, that to me would indicate he being less than truthful.
Thank you! Sounds like a great idea but have you done the same yourself with positive results?

Right now I'm waiting to hear back from him on my original reply to him to check with his family members.

Still haven't heard back but that definitely sounds like a good "next step" in this process.

Thanks again for this suggestion!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Another reason signature confirmation is always good to get, because a lot of times it's just an honest mistake and the package is delivered to a neighbor

This happens a lot , sometimes they get back to me and say their neighbor has brought the package by

But over two weeks , if it was a mistake in delivery whoever received it has no intention of returning

With signature confirmation it will take the error off the table of delivering to the wrong address because the postman will look more carefully at the item and the name
Yes, I agree and from here on I will be including signature request on items I deliver. I'm not about to make this mistake again!!
Old 12-26-2014

Longevity: 58%

$200 is theft and should be reported to the police. I hate when buyers think they are being cheated by the seller and not being stolen from by their neighbors.
Old 12-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Dont worry about blocking him.

It will block him from future sales from you but not cut off the communication because he already purchased from you.
Old 12-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
Dont worry about blocking him.

It will block him from future sales from you but not cut off the communication because he already purchased from you.
Under "Account Settings", Buyer requirements the very last option states the following:

*check/uncheck* Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me. (Buyer won't see the "Contact Seller" button on your Q&A page.)

Note: Buyers can still contact you about existing transactions, unless you add them to your blocked list.
Old 12-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

30 day after the transaction date the buyer can still communicate with you.
Old 12-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
30 day after the transaction date the buyer can still communicate with you.
Unless I'm reading it wrong; according to the above option, if I add him to the blocked list today, he will not be able to contact me about the existing transaction....
Old 12-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostro View Post
Unless I'm reading it wrong; according to the above option, if I add him to the blocked list today, he will not be able to contact me about the existing transaction....
Try it.
I wish that was the case.
Old 12-27-2014

Longevity: 59%

I have done exactly what I said, and both times the buyer backed off, because they realized the postal people would be asking them questions and maybe even a postal investigator would be contacting them......so they were both trying to scam me.
Old 12-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I have done exactly what I said, and both times the buyer backed off, because they realized the postal people would be asking them questions and maybe even a postal investigator would be contacting them......so they were both trying to scam me.
Thank you Mr. Pokerpro. This will be my next step for sure, I just haven't heard back from this guy since my reply to him 24 hours ago...

What if the guy tells me he went to the UPS office and checked and they couldn't come up with anything. I suppose I could ask him for a UPS Investigation number, correct?

How long should I wait before I can close this out and move on? I can't even re-list until this has been resolved, right?
Old 12-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Quick update on this: After receiving my email asking him to check with family members to see if they picked up the package a few days ago I haven't heard back from the buyer.

I DID get a call from UPS though today that there was a claim inquiry on the package and what I wanted to do about it.

Their conclusion is that the package is lost and I just need to email them a receipt for the amount I paid for the item so the can cut me a check for that amount.

This means the buyer himself went to UPS and reported the package missing. I suppose at this point I need to either refund him or send him a replacement item.

Any suggestions? I was thinking to just call him or ask for his number via the eBay email and discuss it with him.

Again I would rather send him a replacement than refund him.