What if someone lives at the address you give ebay. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-23-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Cool What if someone lives at the address you give ebay.

OK, I have a question . My stealth has been going well. I used a house address close by that I think was vacant when I began. Now I think someone lives there, what do I do. I have become comfortable by shiping by printing lables right from ebay. I am more comfortable with shipping by paying with a debit card at a P.O. self serve kiosk With my actual address and I usualy write my return address with name sort of hard to read so it looks like the stealth name , They are close with a variation of my first name and a similar but different last name.

Do I need to abandon the address . I don't want the PO getiing a tip off if there are other people using this address now. I may be worried for nothing, I hope that's the case.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-23-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Default Re: What if someone lives at the address you give ebay.

Can you organise yourself a P O Box?
Old 01-23-2015
Threadstarter  

From understanding , Po box is not allowed when signing up on ebay or paypal. Unless someone can tell me different , This means changing everything on ebay and paypal.
Old 01-23-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraps View Post
From understanding , Po box is not allowed when signing up on ebay or paypal. Unless someone can tell me different , This means changing everything on ebay and paypal.

There are ways to use a PO Box address that can disguise exactly what sort of address it is, in the US you call them ma and pa stores, smaller stores that offer to collect mail for a fee, and they are apparently more likely to offer much more user friendly PO box addresses that appear to be much more like normal addresses, use these type of addresses and you should be good to go on ebay/PayPal
Old 01-23-2015

Longevity: 64%

Dont worry about it
Old 01-23-2015

Quote:
OK, I have a question . My stealth has been going well. I used a house address close by that I think was vacant when I began. Now I think someone lives there, what do I do. I have become comfortable by shiping by printing lables right from ebay. I am more comfortable with shipping by paying with a debit card at a P.O. self serve kiosk With my actual address and I usualy write my return address with name sort of hard to read so it looks like the stealth name , They are close with a variation of my first name and a similar but different last name.

Do I need to abandon the address . I don't want the PO getiing a tip off if there are other people using this address now. I may be worried for nothing, I hope that's the case.
How old is your account.

Was thinking if its a new account, then address.change at the beginning may.cause issues. People move, i get that. But not many would put an address on a new account and then change it soon after. Surely would be seen illogical by eb.

How about keeping.address for now. Are they old whove moved in...also not a guarantee they will have an ebay account there.

Not sure....so wait and let others input and see what the majority say.
For future stealths, it really is more advisable to get an.accessible address to avoid scenarios occuring like this.

Old 01-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
OK, I have a question . My stealth has been going well. I used a house address close by that I think was vacant when I began.
You had no right to use that address in the first instance.

Change to an address you can totally control.

What are you going to do when the new owners tell ebay about anything that might tuen up in your name.

Ignore danshan's poor advice.

Your worry is to keep that stealth account working well. You certainly have no need to have an address being looked at by anyone.

Even your USPS can more than likely give you a street address if needed. ebay/paypal accept people move.

Old 01-23-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Just use the P O Box for return shipping and for ordering off of eBay.
Old 01-23-2015

Lmao new owners call ebay and say what and what does that do even if they did? You are just fine with that address it might over the course of its life have 20 different people with eBay accounts at that address. Its crazy people create ebays die, move, and go to jail and as soon as they do one of those things new people move in and open an ebay or update the current ebay to that address? Your comment is lazy at best
Old 01-23-2015

Why not use another service to print labels and put whatever address you want as the return address? One you have access to for instance
Old 01-24-2015

Longevity: 54%

LOL @ use an address you can control. You're out of your mind...if you are running 20 accounts, you're going to have 20 different "addresses" you control? 20 PO Boxes? Forget it. OP, you are fine. Just use a different address or PO Box for returns if you have any.
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
danshan (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%

UPS can provide a 100% real address that would work for a stealth business account if you ever plan on going down that road.

In other words its like a upscaled verison of USPS P.O box service.

You pay the price for it though...
Old 01-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosky View Post
Why not use another service to print labels and put whatever address you want as the return address? One you have access to for instance
That does work - just keep it off eB
Old 01-24-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
LOL @ use an address you can control. You're out of your mind...if you are running 20 accounts, you're going to have 20 different "addresses" you control? 20 PO Boxes? Forget it. OP, you are fine. Just use a different address or PO Box for returns if you have any.
Why not? Surely if you really have a need for 20 accounts for spreading sales or the like, you can spend the $4/month or so to rent a PO box for each, right?

And if you know what you're doing, you can use the USPS's Street Addressing feature to effectively get 2 addresses per PO box, making it $2/month per address. If you can't afford that then you probably wouldn't need 20 accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to plumsake2 For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015

It's just not needed for all accounts unless you have lots of returns on those accounts. You can use just 1 PO Box for many accounts in the return address label (never adding it to any ebay) and just instruct buyers to return to address in package or send then return labels with it off of ebay
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trosky For This Useful Post:
bananaappeal (01-24-2015), yankee (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
It's just not needed for all accounts unless you have lots of returns on those accounts. You can use just 1 PO Box for many accounts in the return address label (never adding it to any ebay) and just instruct buyers to return to address in package or send then return labels with it off of ebay
solved!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to bananaappeal For This Useful Post:
danshan (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
Why not? Surely if you really have a need for 20 accounts for spreading sales or the like, you can spend the $4/month or so to rent a PO box for each, right?

And if you know what you're doing, you can use the USPS's Street Addressing feature to effectively get 2 addresses per PO box, making it $2/month per address. If you can't afford that then you probably wouldn't need 20 accounts.
Spot on :-)
I have 8 accounts.
7 all with accessible addresses and 1 i have adapted to one of the others which makes poat still be assigned to me should i get any :-)
Old 01-24-2015

Quote:
That's true.

I don't deal with many returns, but the few that I have had to deal with, I found that when I tell a buyer to return the item to the address on the shipping label, none of them actually still had the original label. And the few times I tried to email them via their Paypal email address, most never checked their email and wanted me to give them a return address in eBay's messaging system or to use eBay's built in return system (and thus, returning it to whatever address is on file). So I just prefer adding a fresh PO box to each of my stealths, but to each his own.

Last edited by plumsake2; 01-24-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2015

That same hoorah you guys need tin foil hats. How many ebay messages on ebay a day? How many reviewed by ebay staff? Even if they read it what would ebay staff do with it? Come on folks write in the notes be crazy be risky go nuts lol
Old 01-24-2015

Longevity: 72%

You can use apps like inkfrog or similar which you can edit the FROM address when printing labels from there. No need to alter the address manually anymore as what you've been doing.
Old 01-24-2015

Read 2 posts up
Old 01-29-2015

Longevity: 53%

Go up to your new neighbors house and explain to them you've been having a problem with your mail and for some reason it keeps coming to this address. Learn to lie