How to pay ebay fees & do it safely - Page 11 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%

I just pay with Paypal, never had a problem.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Ive been paying with paypal for over 6yrs never once had a problem...
Old 06-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

@newjerseymax, you rebel you!
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (07-10-2012)
Old 06-23-2012

Longevity: 91%
Default Good way to pay Ebay/Paypal/Etc

Here is how I would do it:

1. Setup a Wells Fargo savings or checking account.
2. If you have a slightly different name on your Paypal or ebay account, Wells Fargo does not care when there are deposits or payments.
3. With Wells Fargo, you can easily put a withdrawal freeze on an account. I currently have it one one of my savings accounts. So, its nice in the case where you just want deposits and no one to withdrawal.
4. Also, with Wells Fargo, you can close an account in one days time (by end of business day) and no charge put through to it after that will hit you in any way, even if you start a new account at Wells Fargo.
5. So, what I do is if there is any sign of trouble, I just close my Wells Fargo account.

So far, in the last 3 years, I have not lost a penny to Ebay or Paypal or Google.

Actually, I have come out ahead everytime something blew up.

Just happened recently, and I think I came out quite well.

However, I did get screwed way back in 2008, due to Ebay changing their search feature to "Best Match". At the time, it did not work properly, and even with good feedback, I was at the bottom and suffered in sales for about 3 months before I just plain quit selling on ebay for some time.
Old 06-28-2012
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Wells fargo is not a good bank to use for stealth. Putting a withdrawal freeze will just raise red flags.
Old 07-05-2012

Longevity: 76%

Just got my first invoice for fees on new stealth acct, the whole "you have paypal on file with us as your automatic payment method, amount xxx will be deducted between date x and date y", should I let eb do this from my pp automatically? Or go ahead and pay it myself from pp without leaving it to them to take from the pp? Is there any difference in result/risk between this- them automatically doing it and me jumping ahead and doing it before automatically taken?
Old 07-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Everyone pay's their fee's in their own way, For me I just pay them myself before they take it out of the paypal. A lot of people prefer to go out and buy some gift cards and pay their fee's that way.

You just have to find your own method you feel comfortable with.
Old 07-07-2012

yeah I know everyone does it differently, hence the part of my post "Is there any difference in result/risk between this- them automatically doing it and me jumping ahead and doing it before automatically taken?" it's the risk I'm interested in- the best way to do this stealth with least scrutiny on the acct.
Old 07-09-2012

Longevity: 83%
Default Wow

Relax, these people are trying to help you. If you read between the lines from what many of them said, it tells you too try them out and see what works for you. Maybe start a new stealth account so you can use both methods of paying fees and see what you find easier.
Old 07-10-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I have not had a single problem with paying with pp.

Some just do not like them being able to do that and that is ok.

Whatever you are comfy with it fine.

Marysman- I tried that and the dirty rats took double payments out once so I never did it again.
Old 07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Marysman- I tried that and the dirty rats took double payments out once so I never did it again.
funny, that's what i was anxious of. they said what i posted above "you have pp set up as your automatic payment method etc fees will be deducted between this time and this time etc" so i cancelled the automatic set up, and made a one-time payment, so will have to watch out for them taking double payments like happened to you. i already don't like the fact that when i cancelled the automatic and opted to make the direct one-time payment, the amount was different: instead of asking me to pay the amount that was invoiced, when making the one-time payment the amount box automatically had a new, higher amount in, to include the new, further fees for what had been used after the original invoice date (instead of eb keeping the amount requested the same, and carrying over the fresh fees due to next month's, new, invoice). really don't trust those lil so-and-so's at pp!
Old 07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
You are 100% correct in the way you are thinking.
You are welcome to do it any way you wish.
You can pay your fees to eBay any way you would like to, what ever makes sense to you.
BUT
Heed my warning.........
DO NOT pay your eBay fees with your Paypal account.
4 stealth accounts been running since 2008 and 2009. I pay every time I get the invoice from eBay all my fees due to date. I also make sure I have about a $1,000 balance in my accounts to make sure I stay in good standing with PayPal and can always cover the fees and any potential charge backs, returns, fraudulent things etc.

If you want to go the gift card route you must make sure the Name, Addy etc on the eBay account matches that that you have on the Gift Card. If you are going to go that route I would either get a reloadable Gift Card or I would max out one so that I can use it for multiple months. In my experience going this route would be more risky than just staying in good standing with PayPal.
Old 07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwoodco View Post
Here is how I would do it:

1. Setup a Wells Fargo savings or checking account.
2. If you have a slightly different name on your Paypal or ebay account, Wells Fargo does not care when there are deposits or payments.
3. With Wells Fargo, you can easily put a withdrawal freeze on an account. I currently have it one one of my savings accounts. So, its nice in the case where you just want deposits and no one to withdrawal.
4. Also, with Wells Fargo, you can close an account in one days time (by end of business day) and no charge put through to it after that will hit you in any way, even if you start a new account at Wells Fargo.
5. So, what I do is if there is any sign of trouble, I just close my Wells Fargo account.

So far, in the last 3 years, I have not lost a penny to Ebay or Paypal or Google.

Actually, I have come out ahead everytime something blew up.

Just happened recently, and I think I came out quite well.

However, I did get screwed way back in 2008, due to Ebay changing their search feature to "Best Match". At the time, it did not work properly, and even with good feedback, I was at the bottom and suffered in sales for about 3 months before I just plain quit selling on ebay for some time.
I would not advise using Wells Fargo from personal experience. They ask more questions than any other bank I have dealt with. When running stealth accounts I would always use a Major US bank. Bank of America and Citi myself and a few friends have the least problems with. US Bank is probably 3rd then Chase. Wells Fargo I would avoid to stay away from especially if you ever go in the branch. I am surprised they don't ask for my finger print when I try to withdrawal.

Sorry to say man but if you are putting withdrawal freezes and what not it sounds like you are trying to take some money and run when your accounts get shut down. If you want to get accounts and stay in good standing I would advise against ever putting a withdrawal freeze. Those kind of things on an eBay/paypal stealth I would be more worried about attracting attention from the bank reporting suspicious activity to Federal Govt not eBay or paypal.

Last edited by makaveliagain; 07-29-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Old 07-30-2012

Longevity: 75%

so does any gift card work to pay ebay fees?
I can't use paypal they are not allowing me to do so because when they tried to take money there wasn't enough in paypal acct.
Old 07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchrist430 View Post
so does any gift card work to pay ebay fees?
I can't use paypal they are not allowing me to do so because when they tried to take money there wasn't enough in paypal acct.
You have to have one that you can register easily online under the same name address etc as your eBay account info. I normally buy them from the Simon Mall Chain. The VISA ones work best because you can easily register them on simon.com . Beware of the American Express ones you can not register them online if you buy them in person the people at the counter are likely to lie to you an tell you otherwise. If you want to register the American Express you have to call them up which is not something I want to do with Stealth Accounts. If you are in area with a Simon Mall the VISA Gift Cards they sell are by far the best and easiest to use. I have used them for Stealth Paypals for the last 4 to 5 years.

Last edited by makaveliagain; 07-31-2012 at 02:35 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to makaveliagain For This Useful Post:
RRonald (10-22-2012), techsystems (10-05-2012)
Old 09-05-2012

Longevity: 69%
Default I removed Paypal as automatic payment now what?

I removed PayPal as automatic payment now what? after removing it eBay said I must pay outstanding fees due, I then paid with the same gift card I opened the pay pal account with. They then said that if I have no automatic payment method on file my selling limits would be restricted. So I attempted to list the same gift card and it worked! I know I just have to pay seller fee's with a new card before these funds run out. Is this OK? Is it OK even though my pay pal was once listed as automatic payment method? and one more question, on my seller dash board it asks me if I would like to "link" my pay pal to my eBay and then I may get selling limits increased, Should I do this? Is linking accounts OK? all info on both accounts is exactly the same. I really appreciate every body's help in these matters, They are sometimes very confusing. Thanks every body!
Old 10-05-2012

Longevity: 69%

Thanks Machaveliagain,
Just the information I was looking for. I sold 2 items at the end of the month with a new stealth account and of course my paypal funds are not available for 21 days, but then I got the ebay bill 1 day later after the auctions sold and need to pay the fees. Tried to use a green dot moneypak but now they want add'l info (ss#, etc).
I will go buy a simon visa gift card, register it and use it to pay the fees.
Thanks again!
Old 10-16-2012

Longevity: 71%

So eBay doesn't check or finds out that your always paying with a different card number etc.. ? Aslong as it matches the eBay seller name and address ?
Old 10-16-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

eBay does NOT care how many different credit card numbers you use to pay your bill.
As long as the bill gets paid.
access0ner (09-21-2015), joyztoyzbiz (12-04-2013), veramodz (10-21-2012)
Old 10-21-2012

Longevity: 71%

Great ! I just did got my regular store gift card and it worked as automatic payment. Now i know that vanilla card doesn't work, but tried a giftcardmall one and it worked nicely, now need to go buy more to pay my feature fees.
Thanks for the help !!!
Old 11-02-2012

over 5 years on one account and pushing two years on two st ealths(still strong, but not where i want to be)

i have always paid the money owed at the end of the month with PP

never had any issues

i would think since e bay pretty much(i think anywayz) controls PP , it would be pretty much the expected way to pay for most people.

if you raise any flags with your setup, your screwe d anyway
Old 11-04-2012

Longevity: 66%

So by the way i am reading through this, but i did not understand several things.

1- If I pay eby fees using a credit card that i buy, how would i deduct ebay fees that are in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and personal information when i file my taxes.
2- how would i accept paypal payments from buyers? so if i add just the email of my paypal account that is changed, once the buyer pays, it shows $ money sign in ebay so basically ebay knows that i used my old paypal that was linked before with another suspended ebay account.

i appreciate all responses.