Have you ever purchased from a competitor? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #23  
Old 06-04-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 126
Thanks: 39
Thanked 34 Times in 21 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

I always try to help out this community in any way i can. I offer advise when i can and try to stay positive. Dont take this so personal james. If you and i are selling in the same niche then were fighting for the same dollar.
At what point am i obligated to make things easy for you to make money that should be going in my pockets? Especially when your doing the same thing to me by lowering your prices? Your trying to kill me just by doing that so what am i to do?

Lower my prices and wait for you to do the same? Or just remove you and keep my prices high? Its just business. You keep using words that imply im sitting here with an evil grin or something..im not trying to hurt you. Im not even thinking about you. Im trying to sell my products. Thats it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to two3aight1 For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (06-04-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #24  
Old 06-04-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,946
Thanks: 399
Thanked 351 Times in 278 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 54%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Read 48 laws of power.

In business the simple fact is what you are not willing to do someone will ALWAYS be willing to. You decide what end you want to be on. It's a moral thing a lot of times...

You either destroy your competition or wait for them to do it to you. That sounds harsh but on eBAy when it comes to niches, only one usually prevails and the other suffers suspension, or no sales.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-04-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,946
Thanks: 399
Thanked 351 Times in 278 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 54%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by two3aight1 View Post
I always try to help out this community in any way i can. I offer advise when i can and try to stay positive. Dont take this so personal james. If you and i are selling in the same niche then were fighting for the same dollar.
At what point am i obligated to make things easy for you to make money that should be going in my pockets? Especially when your doing the same thing to me by lowering your prices? Your trying to kill me just by doing that so what am i to do?

Lower my prices and wait for you to do the same? Or just remove you and keep my prices high? Its just business. You keep using words that imply im sitting here with an evil grin or something..im not trying to hurt you. Im not even thinking about you. Im trying to sell my products. Thats it.
Exactly! It's business not personal. Only people who own a business can understand the truth and meaning behind it.

Also to second on what you said when it comes to people cutting their price. By doing that you clearly have the intention to take what sales that they get/got and get it yourself. Or you wouldnt cut prices lower than theirs in the first place. If I see someone do this WHY wouldn't I take action to prevent them from doing this and getting away with it??

They know what they're doing. Why can't I play along? It sounds bad but it really comes down to looking at the reality of each situation opposed to doing what's "right". If you think someone isn't going to step on you if they have the chance to obtain what you have when it comes to business your crazy. There is always someone willing to.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 06-04-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-04-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,341
Thanks: 659
Thanked 444 Times in 346 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Exactly! It's business not personal. Only people who own a business can understand the truth and meaning behind it.

Also to second on what you said when it comes to people cutting their price. By doing that you clearly have the intention to take what sales that they get/got and get it yourself. Or you wouldnt cut prices lower than theirs in the first place. If I see someone do this WHY wouldn't I take action to prevent them from doing this and getting away with it??

They know what they're doing. Why can't I play along? It sounds bad but it really comes down to looking at the reality of each situation opposed to doing what's "right". If you think someone isn't going to step on you if they have the chance to obtain what you have when it comes to business your crazy. There is always someone willing to.
You talk about understanding business, yet are completely wrong about how business works, in the second paragraph.

A business owner sets their prices based on a few main things, not all of which need to be accounted for.
Overhead and cost of product
What competition has their price at.
Without competition, then it's at what the market will bare.

So, why wouldn't a seller cut their prices lower then someone elses in the first place? The price they had, was what they WANTED. When a competitor came in, the price changes to what the seller is able to afford to sell. The original price has nothing to do with the new competitor. The price evolved to include a new factor. If I lower my prices more than yours, then yeah I want to take your sales. So because you got a ****ty deal on your products, and can no longer compete with me, you're just gonna screw me over in another way? Get better deals, and or lower your overhead.

Jesus, maybe all my friends are right about what they view as capitalism. Just a bunch of people out to get everyone. I'll compete as hard as I can, with the tools that I have. I'll lower my prices below everyone. I'll call out every single seller to ebay, that is lying to customers or stealing my pictures.

Will I start buying things from competitors and negging them? No, that makes you an asshole who clearly can't compete in the market under his own footing, and should probably find another business.

Well, everyone else is screwing people over, why can't I!!! I swear, I've had this conversation with m 6 year old niece before. " well that boy stole a cookie, why can't i!!??"

Give a man power, and we'll see what their character is like, right?

Last edited by james13v; 06-04-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-04-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 126
Thanks: 39
Thanked 34 Times in 21 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post

Will I start buying things from competitors and negging them? No, that makes you an asshole who clearly can't compete in the market under his own footing, and should probably find another business.
your missing the point james. Im not on ebay to "compete" with anyone. Im on ebay to sell my products. If james happens to be messing that up for me, then james has to go!

If im heavily invested in a product, its GOING to get sold. Not at a loss either.
James is just going to get the hell out of my way thats all. james i think you need to find a new business because im making a killing eating guys like you for lunch. If YOU cant compete with how im running my show then YOU are in the wrong business. No hard feelings dude. Ill even buy your inventory even if it makes you feel a lil better lol
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to two3aight1 For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (06-04-2015)
  #28  
Old 06-04-2015
oompaloompa's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,590
Thanks: 503
Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,191 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

I agree, it is like people who cut in on traffic lines, thinking their journey is more important.....do you join them and cut in too, so as not to be a chump, or do you film them and post their details on youtube.......hehe

I always think queue-jumpers lead to lack of civilization and chaos.....
__________________
https://youtu.be/bn4t0BuClbw
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-04-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,946
Thanks: 399
Thanked 351 Times in 278 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 54%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Its called survival of the fittest FYI.

I'm not even in a market that I need to do this, I'm just aware of the fact if I need to I will.

Like I said before, not trying to sound rude but your opinion to the next man/women truly probably could careless about.

Just saying...

I'm sure if you were in a market that you invested time and money in and made a LIVING off of you'd change your mind pretty fast. Its easy to say "i'm going to do the right thing etc etc" but when your backed into a corner and someone else is cutting your profit and or your actually loosing money ....you have to do something to fix it. If you don't well then you really shouldn't be in business in the first place. Its not for everyone. Few succeed, this is one of the main reasons.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 06-04-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-04-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,946
Thanks: 399
Thanked 351 Times in 278 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 54%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by two3aight1 View Post
your missing the point james. Im not on ebay to "compete" with anyone. Im on ebay to sell my products. If james happens to be messing that up for me, then james has to go!

If im heavily invested in a product, its GOING to get sold. Not at a loss either.
James is just going to get the hell out of my way thats all. james i think you need to find a new business because im making a killing eating guys like you for lunch. If YOU cant compete with how im running my show then YOU are in the wrong business. No hard feelings dude. Ill even buy your inventory even if it makes you feel a lil better lol
Totally agree with you!

Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-05-2015
notsosureaboutit's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 115
Thanks: 7
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Interesting topic and interesting views. I guess all of you are right somehow.

I am lucky, in my niche people play fair so far. We all nearly sell the same product, but each of us does market the product differently. As long as I am boss for the product I sell, I play fair too, however if a competitor would come in, playing nasty I would get him out too.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to notsosureaboutit For This Useful Post:
james13v (06-11-2015)
  #32  
Old 06-05-2015
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,306
Thanks: 5,654
Thanked 8,490 Times in 7,792 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by two3aight1 View Post
Forgive me for not playing nice.
Pfft nice doesn't pay rent or make profit
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-05-2015
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 129
Thanks: 8
Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I agree, it is like people who cut in on traffic lines, thinking their journey is more important.....do you join them and cut in too, so as not to be a chump, or do you film them and post their details on youtube.......hehe

I always think queue-jumpers lead to lack of civilization and chaos.....
Wow i was thinking of the same analogy when I read this. On the streets these are also the "businessmen" that turn to violence as a means of eliminating competition. A line has to be drawn somewhere and lying against your competition to get them shut down is over the line and probably illegal.

Everyone on this forum is a potential competitor so why wouldn't we all be giving each other false information to hurt potential competitors? Why wouldn't we seek to shut this forum down all together to prevent it from helping potential competitors?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jrandleww For This Useful Post:
james13v (06-11-2015)
  #34  
Old 06-05-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 248
Thanks: 95
Thanked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

I did it this week for research.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-05-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 904
Thanks: 50
Thanked 116 Times in 99 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

On hearing some of the comments on here I have a strong urge to offer my services to ebay and kill off all second accounts and we all know enough to know it is possible.

I have been on the recieveing end of this crap so many times and have so many accounts in cooling off stages of their life due to these attacks that it just pisses me off.

Sorry but to me if you do not have the ability to do business without this crap then you should find another line of work, as you're just making the whole market place a bleake place to be and giving ebay more fual to feed their attacks on the rest of us, so personally if one of those sellers works out who you are and you find your thousands of pounds of stock burning along with your house then let us know on here so I can give them a clap.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isitworththestress For This Useful Post:
james13v (06-11-2015)
  #36  
Old 06-11-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,341
Thanks: 659
Thanked 444 Times in 346 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by two3aight1 View Post
your missing the point james. Im not on ebay to "compete" with anyone. Im on ebay to sell my products. If james happens to be messing that up for me, then james has to go!

If im heavily invested in a product, its GOING to get sold. Not at a loss either.
James is just going to get the hell out of my way thats all. james i think you need to find a new business because im making a killing eating guys like you for lunch. If YOU cant compete with how im running my show then YOU are in the wrong business. No hard feelings dude. Ill even buy your inventory even if it makes you feel a lil better lol
lol I'm never seen my name written so many times....

Do you have any idea how much competition I have?

I mean, some of the things you are saying, astound me. I have to compete with every single underhanded dirty trick you can think of pulling, short of what? If you kill my dog, should I kill yours? I mean, I have to compete with how you're running YOUR show RIGHT? That's an absurd way of thinking, and the reason that so many business people are hated, if not feared. They are looked at as the vermin of this world. A means to an end, that most people wish they didn't have to deal with. People like YOU.

In the real world, businesses that work together, last longer. You have two businesses gunning out for one another, spending money, stressing, attacking, taking hits. Back and forth, until what? Is this the ****ing hunger games? Only one can survive?

You seem to think I'm a pushover or something.

I'll have to state it louder I guess. I'm in it to win it! I'll compete. I'll lower prices. I'll lower overhead. I'll find better sources of inventory. I do not care if my competitor can't afford to do so, and goes out of business. That's the NATURAL course of a free market.

With what you suggest, we might as well not give a damn what we do. Just **** over everyone in sight. What's it matter to you? If they can't compete, they are in the wrong business.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-11-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,341
Thanks: 659
Thanked 444 Times in 346 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
On hearing some of the comments on here I have a strong urge to offer my services to ebay and kill off all second accounts and we all know enough to know it is possible.

I have been on the recieveing end of this crap so many times and have so many accounts in cooling off stages of their life due to these attacks that it just pisses me off.

Sorry but to me if you do not have the ability to do business without this crap then you should find another line of work, as you're just making the whole market place a bleake place to be and giving ebay more fual to feed their attacks on the rest of us, so personally if one of those sellers works out who you are and you find your thousands of pounds of stock burning along with your house then let us know on here so I can give them a clap.
jeez, and there I thought i was the only decent human business man left out there.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-11-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,341
Thanks: 659
Thanked 444 Times in 346 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Its called survival of the fittest FYI.

I'm not even in a market that I need to do this, I'm just aware of the fact if I need to I will.

Like I said before, not trying to sound rude but your opinion to the next man/women truly probably could careless about.

Just saying...

I'm sure if you were in a market that you invested time and money in and made a LIVING off of you'd change your mind pretty fast. Its easy to say "i'm going to do the right thing etc etc" but when your backed into a corner and someone else is cutting your profit and or your actually loosing money ....you have to do something to fix it. If you don't well then you really shouldn't be in business in the first place. Its not for everyone. Few succeed, this is one of the main reasons.
Yeah, survival of the fittest. Why are you out killing the competition? Literally? That's what the fittest did to survive.

You're right, the next man/women truly COULD careless about my opinion. I"m glad we at least agree there.

A majority of human beings, DO agree with my opinion. |
|I am in a market that I've invested time and money in. I have plenty of competitors. Some have drastically undercut me. Sucks for me. What should I do? Create an account, buy from them, and leave negative feedback? Report them to ebay? How do I compete exactly?

I won't lower my price below my cost. That's dumb. If you are at that point, you might as well leave that business.

It's easy to say I'm going to do the right thing. Sure. And while I say that, I will try my absolute hardest to not be an asshole, and a bane on this earth. You guys seem to have relegated yourself to a philosophy of " eh, **** it, get them before they get you!"

I was wrong about my previous analogy of my niece wanting to steel a cookie because she saw someone else doing it. It's more of, she wants to steel the cookie, because she's a thief and a liar. And you know what they say about thieves and liars. They think everyone else are also thieves and liars, so they are gonna lie and steal before anyone else gets a chance to. Survival of the fittest!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-11-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 904
Thanks: 50
Thanked 116 Times in 99 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have you ever purchased from a competitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Yeah, survival of the fittest. Why are you out killing the competition? Literally? That's what the fittest did to survive.

You're right, the next man/women truly COULD careless about my opinion. I"m glad we at least agree there.

A majority of human beings, DO agree with my opinion. |
|I am in a market that I've invested time and money in. I have plenty of competitors. Some have drastically undercut me. Sucks for me. What should I do? Create an account, buy from them, and leave negative feedback? Report them to ebay? How do I compete exactly?

I won't lower my price below my cost. That's dumb. If you are at that point, you might as well leave that business.

It's easy to say I'm going to do the right thing. Sure. And while I say that, I will try my absolute hardest to not be an asshole, and a bane on this earth. You guys seem to have relegated yourself to a philosophy of " eh, **** it, get them before they get you!"

I was wrong about my previous analogy of my niece wanting to steel a cookie because she saw someone else doing it. It's more of, she wants to steel the cookie, because she's a thief and a liar. And you know what they say about thieves and liars. They think everyone else are also thieves and liars, so they are gonna lie and steal before anyone else gets a chance to. Survival of the fittest!
They don't leave negative feedback anymore as that leaves a mark on their account, and they can do much more damage with returns and then leave positive feedback and ding your DSRs
With most new starting accounts it takes three returns to have it on the back burner and they tend to do it over three month so as not to look too obvious.

Like I said I have a lot of accounts stuck in rest mode thanks to these dickheads and their attacks are always the same so I totally agree and wonder at what point do these people stop as it is so easy to get an address off ebay and if their income is all that matters then????
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting Rid of Competitor alpine Amazon 5 03-12-2015 11:25 PM
competitor has purchased item from me! shorty_jk eBay Discussion! 9 12-14-2012 05:07 PM
Competitor just purchased from me!! vokonta Subscriber Discussions 15 08-13-2010 09:59 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58