Unfair selling practices - Prohibited items allowed to be sold by a certain few! - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Unfair selling practices - Prohibited items allowed to be sold by a certain few!

If you can't beat your competition, you either join them or move to another market /end
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Unfair selling practices - Prohibited items allowed to be sold by a certain few!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff52 View Post

Just for the record, I not suspended, nor have I EVER been suspended, on any of my accounts. All have 100% Feedback and none of them have Neutral or Negative feed backs. Item as described = 5.0, Communication = 5.0, Shipping time = 4.9 (I ship mainly to the states, takes a while), Shipping and handling charges = 5.0. Not bragging, just saying...

Let me help you out, I said that I had the same type of items taken down, that's it.
congrats on your great account making no money and worshiping those selling $2k a week, I wouldn't even click my mouse for that
The Following User Says Thank You to dan_ebay For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (11-28-2015)
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
congrats on your great account making no money and worshiping those selling $2k a week, I wouldn't even click my mouse for that
every two weeks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
dan_ebay (11-26-2015), mshamazon (11-28-2015)
Old 11-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
every two weeks
Thank you
Old 11-28-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Once again... ALL APINIONS
Quote:
but i'm sure because of your intelligence level we can just laugh ignore you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Box Man View Post
You trollin me brah?
Quote:
Hugh??? What was that, your having problems with your bra
Why does this entire jeff52 thread read like a 3rd grade name calling contest with his older brothers?? (Hint: it's not because of the spelling errors a 3rd grader would catch, it's mostly due to the ignorance that an adult shouldn't have).

You're badmouthing veterans like GreenBean, GhostofAmazon, MM78, GreenBean, yankee, dealagreeproceed as well as myself - the combination of whom likely have several million dollars in sales under our belts. Say what you want, but this isn't a David/Goliath situation, it's more like a 4 year old versus his parents (who truly have well meaning intentions but are beaten back by the eloquence of their toddler's insults).

EDIT: If this whole thing is from your pent up frustration over the whole "you guys losing WWII" thing (all the NAZI paraphernalia you sell?!) - just want you to know jeff52, it was NOTHING personal...

Last edited by mshamazon; 11-28-2015 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

All that Nazi Memorabilia and "awards" is probably from his family trying to unload...
mshamazon (11-28-2015)
Old 11-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
All that Nazi Memorabilia and "awards" is probably from his family trying to unload...
Interesting market anecdotal.

Old 11-28-2015

Longevity: 53%

Hardcore sellers always have a pack of accounts ready to sell. It is useless to report them. Just build packs of accounts yourself and be happy.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (11-28-2015)
Old 11-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshamazon View Post
Why does this entire jeff52 thread read like a 3rd grade name calling contest with his older brothers?? (Hint: it's not because of the spelling errors a 3rd grader would catch, it's mostly due to the ignorance that an adult shouldn't have).

You're badmouthing veterans like GreenBean, GhostofAmazon, MM78, GreenBean, yankee, dealagreeproceed as well as myself - the combination of whom likely have several million dollars in sales under our belts. Say what you want, but this isn't a David/Goliath situation, it's more like a 4 year old versus his parents (who truly have well meaning intentions but are beaten back by the eloquence of their toddler's insults).

EDIT: If this whole thing is from your pent up frustration over the whole "you guys losing WWII" thing (all the NAZI paraphernalia you sell?!) - just want you to know jeff52, it was NOTHING personal...
Quote:
Ok, first there has been no bad mouthing, just replies to their posts and only to the level of what they posted. But I see I will have to change that on this post.

You my son are a comlete f***ing fool, and once again your a very unintelligent fool. If you could read and actually take in what you were reading you would have seen some clues in some of my posts:

"as I could get into all kinds of items that are being sold from other wars including our own civil war"
"I live in Germany now and have a German account"
"and went back to my main USA account"

not to mention the numerous times that I used the USA flag on my posts.

But I would not expect a moron like you to get subtle hints like that, so let me make it crystal clear for you and the other moron (newjerseymax) that posted typical BS that continues to give us a bad name in the world.

Born and raised USA, raising Quarter Horses on a farm..da..da..da, but more importantly I am an Army Vet that has fought to save the rights of stupid F*cks like you and the other stupid F*ck (newjerseymax) to to be able to sit on your a** and say stupid things on forums like this!!!

So unless you have anything positive to contribute I would respectfully request that you just go about your business and "make your buddy smile"
and ignore the urge to post anymore ridiculous BS on this post.

And please like rsot mentioned

Last edited by jeff52; 11-28-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-28-2015
Threadstarter  

So now that we have the non topic issues out of the way. Let me try to bring this back around to the main point of the topic, which an incredible amount of people are missing (or just don't know and want to instigate)...

How is it possible for someone to post so many prohibited items (and all of the same type of items) for such a long period of time, with out them being taken down, even after being reported and eBay KNOWS that he is selling prohibited items?

Is it only the money that he brings in to eBay each week on a continues basis?

What is the secret?

I think if this question could be answered, we all could profit a little more.

Last edited by jeff52; 11-28-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Talk about beating a dead horse....

and that was not your original topic.
Old 11-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Talk about beating a dead horse....

and that was not your original topic.
And at what point was it dead? How can it be dead when out of 75 posts NOT ONE answer to the question, hello

The only two decent posts:

Quote:
FROM muzzie - Weird. I think that guy is registered at another ebay site (for example, not at .de, but at.it), and has different countries selected in "Ship to", so certain ebay reps cant see his listings. For example, i sell some things that are +/- ok to sell in UK, but if I list them at US, they are instantly removed.
Quote:
FROM thebomb - Ebay can pretty much do whatever it wants. Honestly, in your case I would say F*k to ebay and buy an aged domain with good backlinks and recreate it into a historical memorabilia store. I'm sure your keywords aren't competitive. Then I would link it to stripe to avoid gaypal fees.
and the rest, well, lets just say self-venting opinions!
Old 11-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
So now that we have the non topic issues out of the way. Let me try to bring this back around to the main point of the topic, which an incredible amount of people are missing (or just don't know and want to instigate)...

How is it possible for someone to post so many prohibited items (and all of the same type of items) for such a long period of time, with out them being taken down, even after being reported and eBay KNOWS that he is selling prohibited items?

Is it only the money that he brings in to eBay each week on a continues basis?

What is the secret?

I think if this question could be answered, we all could profit a little more.
Look, No one here KNOWS! There's zero point in "trying" to figure it out because your just wasting your time trying to figure it out. No one here works for Ebay.....and even if they did....your not special in any way for anyone to tell you. So, your question is pointless because NO ONE KNOWS!
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (11-28-2015)
Old 11-28-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshamazon View Post
Quote:
Born and raised USA, raising Quarter Horses on a farm..da..da..da, but more importantly I am an Army Vet that has fought to save the rights of stupid F*cks like you
Woah, I was totally kidding in that last line! I have respect for not just the military (thank you for your service, really!) but people of all countries. I'm actually of German descent and love the country (even drive a German car, if that counts ) - it was just a joke since you seem to be so lit up about this when most people on the forum are pretty laid back

Also, I did a simplification of how I've done it in one of my very first posts but you didn't ask me for any specifics since then. What I have done is this:
1) Sell my other items that are 100% allowed and get a bunch of feedback, raised selling limits etc
2) Continue selling these good items while doing the following:
3) Post in a similar category (not one that most people post stuff in and get banned). This allows you to come up in search but not under the main categories Ebay looks for.
4) Do your title and description to carefully word it so that it does not appear to violate rules by the casual observer (literally copy the format from successful sellers like your competitor)
5) If you have a complaint from a buyer about any of these, you NEVER want it escalated since that could mean a manual review of these specific listings. Refund quickly (preferably before return if you feel comfortable - otherwise ASAP with prepaid return label).

There's no "perfect" formula, but the key is mixing a lot of great feedbacks/orders (even if they are inexpensive) with your main dough (which you'll also need good feedback for) - all while carefully wording your post to avoid trigger words for bots.

You still might be taken down especially if you start too fast, but that's why you always have several accounts going and try to spread this type of material over them to reduce the chances of getting taken down.

Last edited by mshamazon; 11-28-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

As for listings, key words and title does not seem to be in any violation. Just the self explanatory pictures when I looked.

Next is a long history of selling and very vague descriptions. Again, mostly seems to be self explanatory.

My guess is you used words that got the attention of the bots in key words and titles.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (11-28-2015)
Old 11-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
As for listings, key words and title does not seem to be in any violation. Just the self explanatory pictures when I looked.

Next is a long history of selling and very vague descriptions. Again, mostly seems to be self explanatory.

My guess is you used words that got the attention of the bots in key words and titles.
Thank you yankee Finally someone who is willing to start a decent conversation and looking at it for what it is.

I was wondering this also. I refrained from using any NAZI or any thing like that in the title or the content, but, I did use " Original WW2 German Magazine/Newspaper". It got nailed, and I was scared to try it again with a different title

I appreciate your time sir
Old 11-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Sorry mshamazon, didn't see your post only seen yankee. Apology accepted. I tend to get a little touchy about my patriotism. Was some tough times in the Army and that's all I will say about that. Then there is being over here in Germany and the constant BS from the Germans over here, having to put them in check every time I go out to a bar or even to the local grocery store. Always talking about how we (the Americans) are the worlds bully or police, and we have no business doing this and that and bla bla bla. Believe me I wanna say things like you posted, and put them in their place, but that wouldn't help the situation.

Anyway, thanks for the detailed post. I am still looking it over. Just wanted to get back to you and say thanks

Last edited by jeff52; 11-28-2015 at 03:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff52 For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (11-28-2015)
Old 11-28-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Sorry mshamazon, didn't see your post only seen yankee. Apology accepted. I tend to get a little touchy about my patriotism. Was some tough times in the Army and that's all I will say about that.

Anyway, thanks for the detailed post. I am still looking it over. Just wanted to get back to you and say thanks
No problem Jeff - we're all friends here working toward the same goal Glad to get back on topic and try to help out! See you around
Old 11-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

few ideas;

could just be bots...

maybe it is this another seller who is reporting you or anyone with similar type stuff? and not from their main accounts.....

ww2 and other keywords are probably enough to get the buyer hits you want.

did you say you are on a usa account? account countries differ on their 'verified or trusted' reporters, those reporters may only look on their own country site, and also not so much at the international sellers lower down the page, past domestic ones and eg. usa has particularly pissy reporters and more of em....possibly usa also has more of those interested in lobbying against this stuff....

the question is why you and not the other guy....so all the above factors or maybe account strength and volume...your age is good but volume is lower..

is this other guy a shop, bricks and mortar one? possiblity he has submitted certain verifications that he is a business owner, links to certain historical networks, who knows....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-28-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Weird. I think that guy is registered at another ebay site (for example, not at .de, but at.it), and has different countries selected in "Ship to", so certain ebay reps cant see his listings. For example, i sell some things that are +/- ok to sell in UK, but if I list them at US, they are instantly removed.
Do you guys register eBay accts from other countries? Anyone has a guide for that? Aspkin?
Old 11-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Do you guys register eBay accts from other countries? Anyone has a guide for that? Aspkin?
Huh? What exactly do you think the International fourms on here are about?

And make your pwn thread about this. Dont take this off topic.

Old 11-28-2015
Threadstarter  

WoW, thanks guys for all of the great posts! I have read and taken in each and every one. I agree that it was a bot that got me, and actually the second time that I called eBay the girl told me that it was not a complaint that took me down. So I think the mechanics of how they are trying to get me are pretty much clear, but, here is what I would like to know(and I am sorry if I am repeating so don't get all whacked out and go crazy on me again): I called eBay three times, third time even talked to a supervisor. Each time they looked up the seller and and his items, and agreed that these are definitely prohibited items and each time promised they would be taken down. Each time they said that he has been reported and that he is under investigation and once that is complete, they will be removed. Now, HOW do you get by with that, even when eBay has SEEN that your doing it and yet continues to LET you do it? If I can find out that, I could make us all rich!!! There has to be something there! and again I apologize but this is driving me nuts