Address ideas? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Re: Address ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
I don't think so, but I don't know for sure-- I've always used third party shipping tools to ship and have the freedom to use any return address I want without worrying about eb seeing it.

I strongly recommend you look into one if you'll be running multiply accounts. I cannot say enough nice things about shipstation.
soo just to confirm if using shipstation you ship to them and they ship to the customer?
Basically a middle man?
If that is the case I cant do that..my margins are very thin as they are.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-11-2016

Longevity: 51%

I was joking on Retailer for his fast bumping on his earlier threads...

I guess "!?!?!" doesn't convey sarcasm as well as I hoped.
The Following User Says Thank You to EWHendo For This Useful Post:
yankee (02-11-2016)
Old 02-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWHendo View Post

i got it..no worries
Old 02-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWHendo View Post

Not quite.... Not quite...

This one does

or

yankee (02-11-2016)
Old 02-11-2016
Threadstarter  

I just thought about it....it probably is better to risk it with an abandoned house even if someone does eventually move into it....if I provide family or friends address they can always look into their "database" and confirm that I am clearly not the homeowner
Old 02-11-2016

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
soo just to confirm if using shipstation you ship to them and they ship to the customer?
Basically a middle man?
If that is the case I cant do that..my margins are very thin as they are.
No no... did you ship your items using ebay bulk shipping on your old account? Think of shipstation like that, a glorified version of ebay bulk shipping, only it takes care of ALL of your accounts, not just one.
Old 02-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No no... did you ship your items using ebay bulk shipping on your old account? Think of shipstation like that, a glorified version of ebay bulk shipping, only it takes care of ALL of your accounts, not just one.
Not familiar with bulk shipper on ebay.
I would simply check off all items and print multiple shipping labels?
Old 02-11-2016

Nah greenbean is right, disregard this, you've got enough on your plate... we'll talk about shipstation when you have your account made and ready to ship items.
Old 02-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Nah greenbean is right, disregard this, you've got enough on your plate... we'll talk about shipstation when you have your account made and ready to ship items.
thnx mitsu.

Not sure if you know the answer to this but if i register on ebay and paypal as a business, and in the event that they happen to ask for doc verification, wouldnt you be exempt from having to provide photo id (the hardest part)? Since your identity is technically the corporation/business?
Old 02-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
thnx mitsu.

Not sure if you know the answer to this but if i register on ebay and paypal as a business, and in the event that they happen to ask for doc verification, wouldnt you be exempt from having to provide photo id (the hardest part)? Since your identity is technically the corporation/business?
Please... You are playing that broken record again.

Last time I may tell you this.

There is no guarantee ID may be requested so you need to prepare to have it ready.

Old 02-11-2016

Quote:
thnx mitsu.

Never done this, always started my accounts as personal... and as far as I know you always need to provide a primary account holder name, so I believe no matter what, business or not, they can still request a valid form of ID for the name that was used to create the account.
Old 02-11-2016

Longevity: 74%

ebay and paypal might be too much for this guy since hes afraid to even test the waters.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmbhuy For This Useful Post:
yankee (02-11-2016)
Old 02-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbhuy View Post
ebay and paypal might be too much for this guy since hes afraid to even test the waters.
Im not afraid to "test the waters"..I want to make sure everything is correct before I go on purchasing VPN's and prepaid gifts cards and prepaid phones that will probably amount to nearly $100....its called doing research before you spend $ so you are prepared...not being "afraid"
Old 02-11-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Im not afraid to "test the waters"..I want to make sure everything is correct before I go on purchasing VPN's and prepaid gifts cards and prepaid phones that will probably amount to nearly $100....its called doing research before you spend $ so you are prepared...not being "afraid"
Actually 'doing research' would mean reading and searching the forum and finding out info for yourself, rather than simply posting questions asked and answered dozens of times before.
Old 02-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
Actually 'doing research' would mean reading and searching the forum and finding out info for yourself, rather than simply posting questions asked and answered dozens of times before.
Things that worked before from earlier threads may not be updated and work the same as now....get off my back plz.
Old 02-11-2016

Quote:
Things that worked before from earlier threads may not be updated and work the same as now....get off my back plz.
Oh trust me if I was 'on your back' you would know about it. I am not. Yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-11-2016)
Old 02-11-2016

Boys boys, OP is making progress and trying to learn... he's off the 'using friends info is best' train so no need to be dicks any more

And I dunno about you but I was terrified and completely uncertain about the future with my first roundabout with stealth, and I'm sure most of you weren't comfortable with the whole situation when you started... nothing wrong with a novice wanting to double check everything before they get started.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsu For This Useful Post:
k_lock (02-11-2016)
Old 02-11-2016

Quote:
And I dunno about you but I was terrified and completely uncertain about the future with my first roundabout with stealth, and I'm sure most of you weren't comfortable with the whole situation when you started... nothing wrong with a novice wanting to double check everything before they get started.
Well, I spent weeks and weeks reading the forum, making a plan and flowchart listing the process and various options of stealth. Then, if I wasn't sure of something, I would go back and keep searching the forum and double and triple check the method I was going to use was workable.

I personally prefer to search and find info out for myself. If my first stealths were to fail then I wanted to be the only person I could blame for that. I think that if you get baby spoon fed answers all the time then you will never learn anything, wouldn't comprehend the 'mechanics' behind stealth. Perhaps most importantly, you wouldn't have the ability to 'problem solve' for yourself.
Old 02-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Silver spoon feeding over and over and over. Most os us who even bother replying are very tired of repeating ourselves.

Last time and then I think I am going to use the ignore function of the site.

Empty house for address. Then use a PO box address for returns or UPS box etc....

My suggestion is to stop analyzing and take action. It takes 20-30 minutes tops to open an account. Spend a few hours and open several and figure out what works for you. Most an account can cost ya is $20-30 and most of us can make them for $8-15 depending on the phone
It is so freaking easy if you just do it.

That is all. Im done. Wish ya luck.

Last edited by yankee; 02-11-2016 at 07:32 PM. Reason: needed more dead horses lol
Old 02-11-2016

I agree with all those points, both of you, but at the same time you should demonstrate a decent level of patience for these guys. I've seen OP threads from post 1 and he was frustrated, scared and confused-- he's progressed a lot from that, and has put in the footwork to start learning, if he didn't I'd say you both were 100% right. Take into context that OP is literally starting from step 1... a few days ago didn't know what an IP was.

The problem I see is when deal with users like this, is a wet-behind the ears user reading this thread might get put off asking questions because they're afraid of abuse or being told "man just use the search function, this has been asked SO MUCH before and those threads from 2013 are still valid!". It's better to be thorough your first time then to get discouraged/too scared to proceed. If anything, these threads produce fresher and healthier ideas, so the next generation of stealthers coming around have an easier time understanding.

Some people need more help than others, and on a forum dedicated to helping people get back onto a marketplace, that should be okay.
Old 02-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Most of us $8.00 $20.00 is high if you go with an expensive hone. Go with a free phone, account costs $4.00 if you don't add a VBA.

You do realize that when you buy a gift card for $20.00 you get to spend $18.00 of it so the cost is $1.95 to paypal and the cost of the card only right?

I suggest NOT starting accounts with a VPN. Tether with your phone or equivalent. Even the account sellers don't actually use a VPN at creation. They use a $5.00 per month verizon mifi.

Adding these comments for clarification. I can make 150 accounts for your $100.00 budget if I use a phone app.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
nate (07-24-2016)
Old 02-11-2016

Longevity: 48%

Wow. You guys are brutal! Speaking as a somewhat newbie myself, what is obvious to y'all is not obvious to newcomers. How are we supposed to know these questions have been asked over and over?

This forum is quite large and any newcomer may not know how to navigate it and look for answers. I certainly didn't know that I could use the "search" button when I first started. Be nice already!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to k_lock For This Useful Post:
Mitsu (02-11-2016)