Caught a crackhead trying to steal my package - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-26-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Caught a crackhead trying to steal my package

got home just in time to see a crackhead in the process of jak n my package off my porch . I live in a good community but METH still exists . when he saw me pulling in he dropped the box and ran i did get him with a tonka truck in back of the head he just said OHHHH and kept trucking lol

I have had packages dropped off on my doorstep for years not a problem but now thinkn i need to rent a drop box thing . I get many different delivery co fed ex dhl ups many imports . What is the best rent a address drop box to use ?
I read somewhere that the ups store but will they accept fedex and other carriers or only ups ? Or is ther a better solution . I live in a rual area and if i miss the drop off Signature required then it takes 1-3 days to get it redelivered ..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-26-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Caught a crackhead trying to steal my package

If you've any space, you may consider a secure mail box for large parcels.
Old 06-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

UPS store boxes will accept all couriers. It's basically just like renting a PO Box. They make their money in that arena by renting you the box, so they aren't going to limit couriers you can use the box with. In fact I've heard they are quite lenient. Someone on here a few months ago said UPS store will let you put "Apt #" or "Bldg #" or whatever you want, as long as they have a way to identify you.

BTW was it a crack head or a meth head? My guess would be a crackhead.. because a meth head would have been raiding your mailbox looking for personal info so they could steal your identity.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (06-26-2016)
Old 06-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
If you've any space, you may consider a secure mail box for large parcels.
LOL. I don't know about you, but I would need a secure mailbox at least 4' x 4' x 4' (3.6 cubic meters, for you in UK) for my incoming stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (06-27-2016), newjerseymax (06-27-2016)
Old 06-26-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
LOL. I don't know about you, but I would need a secure mailbox at least 4' x 4' x 4' (3.6 cubic meters, for you in UK) for my incoming stuff.
hmmm... OP did say deliveries are imports as well, so I guess PO Box would be a better option.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (06-26-2016)
Old 06-26-2016

Longevity: 62%

Just get a drop cam. Alerts you on your phone that's what I have. Then use it for replacement police insurance etc. I used the ups route it's good for backup but nothing beats home delivery. Get any ip cam that sends you alerts to your phone/email point it right out front from the inside way cheaper than ups store pay for itself.
bluegrass1 (06-26-2016)
Old 06-26-2016

Activity: 1%
Send a message via Skype™ to Nyco

that title.. that gave me a good laugh im sorry
but yea I have a box at the UPS store they text me everytime a new package comes in and i pay 3 months in advance & they accept any/all size packages. if you pay a year you'll save on 3 months.. i got it to avoid problems not exactly like this but to secure my delivery!

Last edited by Nyco; 06-26-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Worth mentioning that I go directly to DHL to pick up 90% of my incoming shipments. That way I get everything several hours earlier than waiting for home delivery. 100% free and the local DHL staff loves me, because I save them $100's per year on the final mile.

If you're anywhere close to your local delivery center, this could be an option for you..
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (06-27-2016)
Old 06-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
UPS store boxes will accept all couriers. It's basically just like renting a PO Box. They make their money in that arena by renting you the box, so they aren't going to limit couriers you can use the box with. In fact I've heard they are quite lenient. Someone on here a few months ago said UPS store will let you put "Apt #" or "Bldg #" or whatever you want, as long as they have a way to identify you.

BTW was it a crack head or a meth head? My guess would be a crackhead.. because a meth head would have been raiding your mailbox looking for personal info so they could steal your identity.
It was a meth head with a cracked head after i chucked that steel tonka truck into it lol
The Following User Says Thank You to bluegrass1 For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (06-26-2016)
Old 06-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
It was a meth head with a cracked head after i chucked that steel tonka truck into it lol
They deserved it. They wouldn't have known what to do with the contents anyway. Would've taken whatever it was to the pawn shop.
Old 06-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Worth mentioning that I go directly to DHL to pick up 90% of my incoming shipments. That way I get everything several hours earlier than waiting for home delivery. 100% free and the local DHL staff loves me, because I save them $100's per year on the final mile.

If you're anywhere close to your local delivery center, this could be an option for you..
I thought dhl dont exist in us anymore .?? It comes across the pond dhl then handed off to ontrac after that for delivery . Do i just have it sent to my home address then its forwarded to ups store or do i ship stright to the store address?
Old 06-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
They deserved it. They wouldn't have known what to do with the contents anyway. Would've taken whatever it was to the pawn shop.
or made a submarine to fly around in
Old 06-26-2016

Longevity: 55%

Quote:

Hehehe nice one bluegrass1, can just picture you chucking that steel to truck after him!
Old 06-26-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Six of One or a half a dozen of the other, you still wind up with someone on the stem-fast diet plan who doesn't own a single thing of value of their own and doesn't mind selling everything of yours they can get their hands on. To bad it was a Tonka truck, maybe next time you will pull up in a full sized dump-truck and have a permanent solution.

On another note, I use a P.O. Box for returns and important deliveries. It costs me $6/mo (rural Post Office). I just rent the smallest one they have. When something to large for the box comes in, they have a row of medium and large lockers that they put the delivery in and then just put the key in my P.O. Box. Makes it easy, i dont have to go to the counter during business hours, just get my package and leave the key in the locker for them. No extra charge for that where i am.
Old 06-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids01 View Post
Six of One or a half a dozen of the other, you still wind up with someone on the stem-fast diet plan who doesn't own a single thing of value of their own and doesn't mind selling everything of yours they can get their hands on. To bad it was a Tonka truck, maybe next time you will pull up in a full sized dump-truck and have a permanent solution.

On another note, I use a P.O. Box for returns and important deliveries. It costs me $6/mo (rural Post Office). I just rent the smallest one they have. When something to large for the box comes in, they have a row of medium and large lockers that they put the delivery in and then just put the key in my P.O. Box. Makes it easy, i dont have to go to the counter during business hours, just get my package and leave the key in the locker for them. No extra charge for that where i am.
yea he was lucky i couldnt throw the wifes concrete birdbath .wud have liked to hogtied him and drug him behind the harley for good roadtrip like in the old days.

most of my packages are 3ftx3ft and my local PO is to wacky to depend on
Old 06-26-2016
Threadstarter  

How much is a ups box ? per month?
Old 06-26-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
From what i have seen, they are about $10 per mo, i get mine for $6 due to that post office being a fairly low volume one. It depends on location, size and type of box you want, and how you pay.

Sorry, i thought you were talking USPS.
Old 06-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids01 View Post
From what i have seen, they are about $10 per mo, i get mine for $6 due to that post office being a fairly low volume one. It depends on location, size and type of box you want, and how you pay.

Sorry, i thought you were talking USPS.
UPS box sounds like a great option for that price
Old 06-27-2016
Banned

invest a bit into getting a security cam. then next time you'll have their picture for the popo.
Old 06-27-2016
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater View Post
invest a bit into getting a security cam. then next time you'll have their picture for the popo.
yea but it might be a hassle for him to get his money back, even with the picture. would rather rent a PO box and save the hassle, but that's just my opinion
Old 06-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Some will be around 20 per month, those in the city center, to 5 per month when they try to compete with USPS PO Box prices. Most I see are around the 12-13 per month.
Old 06-27-2016

That's cheap. I always see ups boxes $30 per month with 3 month min