Need advice on what to put in packages for DSR ratings - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 02-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Need advice on what to put in packages for DSR ratings

I am sitting here wanting to put a short letter in each package thanking the buyer, etc and want to make sure they understand the DSR ratings and how important they are to us sellers.

I end up with a huge long letter that I am sure will bore the hell out of the buyer. anyone got something shorter that works well??

Thanks

Old 02-15-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

"Thank you so much for your business. I hoped I shipped this item to you in a manner that is consistent with your needs.
Please take the time to leave me positive feedback along with 5 star seller ratings in all categories. Any less than perfect and ebay will think I'm a fraud, and kick me off. eBay's new rules are very strict with sellers these days. If I have performed any less than perfect, please contact me before leaving feedback. Thanks "

Or some such wording.

When gas was like 5 dollars a gallon I included gas saving tips that I downloaded from the epa website.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
cardfelon (03-08-2010), NZT (03-23-2010), OfficialGenius (02-15-2010)
Old 02-17-2010

Longevity: 83%

I like it short and simple...

Please leave me a positive 5-star feedback as it is important for an eBay business.
I look forward to leaving you a positive feedback as well.
Thank you and have a great day!
The Following User Says Thank You to fevernight For This Useful Post:
NZT (03-23-2010)
Old 03-08-2010

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fevernight View Post
I like it short and simple...

Please leave me a positive 5-star feedback as it is important for an eBay business.
I look forward to leaving you a positive feedback as well.
Thank you and have a great day!
A buyer has left me negative feedback with all 1 star after i including this statement in my product. WTF !
The Following User Says Thank You to Symphony_x For This Useful Post:
NZT (03-11-2010)
Old 03-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

What was the reason for the negative feedback?? Bad/Wrong Product?? ⊗⊗⊗⊗?? What exactly does the feedback say that he left?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony_x View Post
A buyer has left me negative feedback with all 1 star after i including this statement in my product. WTF !
Old 03-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I don't bother with notes like this. Ask yourself how do you react when you see them? I tend to react in a negative manner. Truly I think it's begging and impersonal.

I ensure the service given to the buyer earns high DSRs.

BTW, have any of you noticed that you need to be very careful when you fill these in? I wish ebay would change to boxes to tick instead of hitting stars
NZT (03-11-2010), Tibor (04-26-2010)
Old 03-08-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Greenbean I disagree, with all due respect

IMO most buyers do not understand the huge impact DSR's have on a seller.

Although I do agree with earning the rating, but I make sure I emphasize to let me know if I haven't earned it.
Old 03-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

@FirstEdition, we can agree to disagree. Buyers may not be receptive to a technical explanation. Ergo I do not spell out/beg for DSRs. I certainly manipulate them into giving the same result
Old 03-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I have tried both strategys, I agree with both Green and First. The main issue is that all people are different.

There are some buyers that will think "Oh I did not realise this DSR thing was so important, well in that case I will leave 5 star postive feedback and hopefully get the same in return"

And there are other buyers that will think "cheeky sod, well im not leaving 5 star feedback as they charged me £1.50 extra for postage and now I am so angry that this may affect the stars I leave and I am also thinking of a neutral aswell"

I used to send a small note or business card in with all purchases, but I made the extra effort and purchased 500 business cards from vistaprint.com.

These cards are free and you can design your own logo, and they look really professional. Sometimes a tacky piece of paper printed off in Microsoft Word will often work against you.

Agreed there are some buyers that will read the note and it will work favourably and there are others that will react in the opposite way.

I currently dont bother will the notes at all, all I do is send out emails (auto) to let buyers know the item has been posted and hope for the best.

But with DSR's getting even stricter in April its a must to have a "back up" ebay and paypal account.

My advice if you want to enclose a card is enclose a professional business card from vistaprint. I say they are free, but all you pay is for the postage. My cards used to simply have the message on.

Thankyou for your purchase.

Please leave me feedback and I will respond in kind.

Check out free business cards at: http://bit.ly/bjgjZJ
Old 03-11-2010

I hope you are delighted with your purchase from ******. Please note that neutral feedback, anything less than an outstanding 10 or 5 stars can be potentially very damaging to an eBay business. So should you have any problems, feel free to contact us so we can help you. Thanks very much for your purchase.

Leaving these notes don't make any difference to be honest. If your item went out late for whatever difficulties you had, people will still leave you a 1 star rating. Some people are just malicious and some people will leave glowing feedback too. If it helps inform someone who doesn't understand the system then the note has fulfilled its purpose.

On the subject of feedback I came across this thread on an ebay blog.

h**p://ebayinkblog.com/2009/05/20/ebay-conducting-feedback-tests-in-the-marketplace-5-minutes-with-brian-burke/

I noticed this new feedback system for the first time last night and now they have added marks out of ten for sellers. Buyers will be presented with 1 of 3 feedback forms. It's worth reading the reaction!

Last edited by bode; 03-11-2010 at 05:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bode For This Useful Post:
NZT (03-11-2010)
Old 03-11-2010
MU

The notes are useless, but if you do nothing, you can blame that on bad scores.
Old 03-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Often to do nothing in this case in sometimes better as Green said. Just write an honest description, post out fast and set up auto emails.

Oh yes and try not to charge too much for postage. Some buyers are funny about this one. They think postage should be free, however bubblewrap, packaging, boxes and time and diesel all figure in this equation and I think its fair to charge for them within reason.

However sellers will often be penalised for any postage charge exceeding "free"
Old 03-12-2010
MU

Exceeding free.. lol
Old 03-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

You would be surprised at the number of ebay buyers that scrutinise the ebay postage cost and are not happy about any charge at all.

If these ebay buyers do not sell at all then thet will find it very hard to appreciate all the extra things that go into postage cost, ie materials, tape, time etc etc.

Yes any charge "exceeding free" may sound funny but with the April armageddon DSR changes looming even closer using free may have to be strongly considered to avoid potential problems and restictions.

Dont forget we said that we only need 2 buyers out of 100 (2%) to complain about postage charges.

This has been ebays plan all along that sellers offer free postage, Dont forget if the postage is free then an ebay item will potential end higher (due to no postage to pay)

That means ebay will get a few extra pence or pounds in every sale in Final Value Fee's. And that ladies and gentlemen will add up to literally millions in extra revenue.
Old 03-13-2010

By that time I will be using Paypal postage labels and not printing the price on the label. But if a buyer is unhappy, they will leave 1 star for all options anyway.
Old 03-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yes, ebay buyers that are scorned will often leave all 1 star just to spite you.
Old 03-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

I Have re-read this thread about putting a note in with packs to hopefully help with DSR ratings.

Thats the good thing about this forum. We thrash our ideas out and I am always happy to change my mind and even say I am wrong if something comes along that could work better.

I appreciate all the comments here especially those about buyers not knowing the impact they can have with their actions.

I have decided to give the note idea a try again as I have had a couple of low DSR scores and for the life of me I do not understand why.

I did try this a long time ago but things have changed a great deal over the last year.

The reason I am not already doing this is that I would not want to potentially antagonise those buyers who are already angry and on a "hair trigger" anyway.

Anyway here is what I have written to go into each pack:

----------------------------------------------------

Thankyou for your custom!

Please can you leave 5 star feedback for me.

Ebays new policies mean less than 5 star feedback will mean that in some cases action will be taken against the seller.

I will also leave positive feedback for you.

Please let me know if you have any problems with this so that I have the chance to sort them out.

--------------------------------------------------

What do you think? Only worried of any potential adverse affects it could have.

Any tips on the content? Anything missing?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (03-27-2010)
Old 03-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

I do put little notes in my packages and I've seen my DSR's increase in the last 6 months from an average of 4.4/4.5 to 4.8/4.9 on most accounts.
Old 03-31-2010

Longevity: 88%

I have a sticker that I put on the invoice abut the DSR's. They have gone up. And charging actual postage has helped as well. Before I would only charge $.25 above actual and in December, I got hit with a few nasty feedbacks because I "overcharged".
Old 04-02-2010

Longevity: 86%

I raised the price of my product and went to free shipping. Of course its not free but buyers know in advance exactly what they are going to pay. Most of my sales are international (USA) and American buyers like free "postage."

I found that one the whole while my US buyers were happy to wait 1-2 weeks for their package to arrive it was the few UK buyers I had who whinged about slow dispatch or if I posted any slower than next day. Now this is difficult for me as I am a disabled non driver and have to pay an assistant to do the postal runs. Thats one thing I do put on the little packing slip and how leaving a 1/2 rating will be literally taking the food from my table. I also enclose a little bonus item if the buyer buys more than one item. I have lots of small items I cant sell alone and I use them as freebees. Buyers love them.

MY DSRs are solid 5s and 4.9s.

With the April things now upon us there are ways of protecting your DSR but there would be no point in my posting them here. It all depends on your business model.

I am TRS and have been since the system began in October 09. Ive worked out a cunning plan to protect my status which involves gaming eBays rules rather than breaking them. I have always enjoyed gaming the system.
Old 04-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Some UK buyers are a pain in the arse. They whinge and whine no matter what.

They can bugger you up. All you need is 2 or 3 idiots, and believe me there are loads out there.
Old 04-05-2010
MU

It's turning into a face to face retail situation, in the sense that ebay is entitling people to be treated like Kings. Eventually, I'm sure they will set a fair market value for items that we will be required to sell at or below.