Why cant you use paypal to pay your ebay fee's? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay Fees

eBay Fees Dealing with your eBay Fees

Old 03-14-2009
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Why cant you use paypal to pay your ebay fee's?

Everytime I make a new ebay account as I sell something on there it makes me add my paypal email in order to have the listing confirmed.So since its linked am I able to just pay my fee's through ebay?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Yes BUT. Have a read of this thread:http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...do-safely.html

Like it is suggested, I pay my fees with NO tie to a paypal account. That makes one less problem of linking ever.
Old 03-15-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 89%

But im confused doesn't it make you link your account before you post an auction because it tells me to add my paypal email to receive payments before I list an auction.
Old 03-15-2009

Longevity: 92%

Yes, i have the same problem, i have to link a verified paypal to list, i have always paid my fees with paypal. But i think credit card is an option
Old 03-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

OK - you add your paypal address to ebay so that you get paid through paypal. But when it comes to paying ebay's fees, dont link your paypal to ebay to pay them automatically.
Old 03-18-2009

Longevity: 90%

just set credit card (gift card) to your automatic way of paying ebay fees.... NOT paypal

I learned this the stupid way when ebay tried taking fees automatically out of PP then automatically tried pulling to my bank account linked to that paypal account.

There wasn't enough money in it and it bounced - but caused chargeback fee in my bank account of $40 or something. And it might have tried a second time automatically, can't remember.

I just use gift card as the automatic method, let it decline.... let it try and second time and decline.... then re-enter it or another gift card.. buys a few more days/week or so and then let the account die and move on to the next backup account.
Old 03-18-2009

Longevity: 87%

Don't pay EBay fees with paypal. As to why... I'm assuming it gives paypal more knowledge about your activity. Even a good account I wouldn't pay fees with paypal.
Old 03-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

And away we go.......

STEP 1 - Read my Original Post: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...do-safely.html

But you ask.... WHY??????

In order to sell on eBay 90% of us MUST link a verified Paypal to our eBay account....
We all know this.
eBay does this so that they can check your identity.
They use your Identity Information from Paypal to check the identity.

IF you do pay your eBay fees with your Paypal accounts here is what can happen:

Version 1:
If you set your eBay account to automatically pay its fees with your Paypal account you will lose.
If your account goes NARU eBay will STILL attempt to collect their outstanding fees through Paypal.
But you were smart and kept your Paypal account empty.... Right?
Paypal will pay eBay and your account will go into the negative.
Now your Paypal account is in the negative.
Your Bank account that is attached to this Paypal account will get hit by Paypal for its outstanding balance.
But you were smart and kept that Bank Account empty of funds.... Right?
So when Paypal attempts to get their money there is none there.
You have now been hit with a over-draft fee by your bank. Somewhere between $10 and $40.
Paypal will keep doing this to you account in order to recover their funds.
Sometimes up to 5 times before they stop... If they do.
Each time you get hit with a over-draft fee.
Now your Bank Account is in the negative. BAD NEWS for you because your account is in your REAL NAME.
Now you have to pay the bank.
All of this could have been avoided by just paying your eBay fees with a Pre-Paid Credit Card.

Version 2:
If you just pay your fees with Paypal and do not have it set for automatic withdraw.
If your account goes NARU eBay can STILL attempt to collect their outstanding fees through Paypal.
Because that is your base payment method of choice.
eBay will attempt to charge your Paypal account for any and all outstanding fees when you account goes NARU.
Just the same way that they would attempt to charge your credit card you have on file for these outstanding fees.
See above for the finishing steps you have to deal with.

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
You have also provided eBay with another direction to link you.
If the information in your Paypal account does not match your eBay information that is bad.
If you make a mistake and pay from the wrong Paypal account that is REALLY bad.
But the entire idea behind the "Stealth Account" is to provide eBay with no information aside from the minimum required.
If you pay your eBay fees with your Paypal account you are adding to your eBay information file and that is not good.
Do not link your Paypal Financial Information to eBay.
The less eBay knows the better off you are.

Now if you would have NEVER paid eBay with Paypal none of these things could ever happen.
I am not saying that they will happen every time a account goes NARU.
I am not saying that it will happen to 1 out of 10 accounts.
The above listed scenarios could happen to you... And have happen to me before in the past.
Remember the only advise that I post are situations that have happened to me in 1 way or another in my eBay history.

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
The above information has been added to my original post in order to keep the information flow coherent.
Alps_a somewhatlegend (02-21-2011), David.Hedmark (02-27-2020)
Old 03-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

As for your identity information. your paypal and ebay information should be the same anyway, so what does that have to do with anything? AND when you link your ebay to paypal, doesnt that already open the door to ebay and paypal to share information? I dont know. I still dont understand the reasoning behind not being able to pay your fees with your paypal.

Last edited by aking; 03-18-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-18-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Aking, I was thinking the same thing.

If being charged over draft fees for your bank was the problem then you could just close the bank account as soon as it got suspended.

I also don't see the reasoning for not linking them. There must be a good reason because many people say don't do it, I just haven't read it or found it yet.
Old 03-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

I cant be the only one that doesn't understand this. Am I? LoL

I just dont understand y ebay cares how you pay your fees, just as long as they are getting paid. Thats like me complaining to a tenant of mine that I dont like how he is paying his rent. WHO CARES, as long as the rent is paid and on time.
Old 03-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
Aking, I was thinking the same thing.

If being charged over draft fees for your bank was the problem then you could just close the bank account as soon as it got suspended.

I also don't see the reasoning for not linking them. There must be a good reason because many people say don't do it, I just haven't read it or found it yet.

Lakeman, you HAVE you have your ebay linked to a paypal account or you wont be able to sell. You may be able to list one or 2 things, but then they will hit you with the message saying you must link your paypal and ebay to list anything else. Its just their verification process.

eBay and Paypal are also the same company anyway, so thats all the more reason y it shouldnt matter. I dont understand it, but I still dont pay my ebay fees with paypal, lol. Just b/c so many insist that you not do this.
Old 03-18-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

So many people say don't link them, is this a new requirement to have to link them?
Old 03-22-2009
Banned

I always pay my ebay fees with paypal. Smart thing to do is if you get the ebay invoice then go to the bank and close the account and ditch the paypal and ebay account. They can't get the money if the accounts closed. Works all the time.
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

What is so smart about closing bank accounts all the time? talk about making extra work for yourself. Waht a waste of time and bank account.LOL
Old 03-22-2009
Banned

Well I use the bank accounts to the max in transfers to the account. Not that big of a hassle since I'm at the bank getting the money honey every day! LOL
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

I have realized a few things from my months and months on this forum.
When a easy way to solve a problem is given to the forum members 65% refuse to use it.
They prefer to discover the hardest most difficult way to solve a problem and go with it.

I consider these types "Disinformation Distributors".

I see them on this forum EVERYDAY in many different forms.
Sometimes it makes me think that they are all the same person with different Forum Accounts.
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

John14789...

Why have you refused to post your country flag?

Old 03-22-2009
Banned

I just posted what I do.

I donnntttt know how to do sooo the flag configury thingy!
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^
Click on the "USER CP" link at the top left of any page on the Forum
Then follow this link on the top of the left hand column.

"Edit Your Details"
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
As for your identity information. your paypal and ebay information should be the same anyway, so what does that have to do with anything? AND when you link your ebay to paypal, doesnt that already open the door to ebay and paypal to share information? I dont know. I still dont understand the reasoning behind not being able to pay your fees with your paypal.
Yes paypal can be used for fees. No one has said it can not be used. it has been suggested by several that a safer way for our stealth accounts is to use another method. Therefore it is just as easy to pay by gift card, money order.
Avoiding paypal is ONE LESS Link. We had a post by brendaleigh who told us that her new accounts were suspended. Why? Because she used an old paypal account to pay fees for her new accounts. Poor thing wasted her hard work for the sake of miserable ebay fees: if she had choosen a different means, no link
Old 03-22-2009
Banned

All done mister.