Got the invite for managed payments today from ebay - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 08-16-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Re: Got the invite for managed payments today from ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

I unno. It just shows up as an option in the sidebar in seller hub sometimes.
I'll be damn. I thought it was only for the UK peeps, or whoever.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:

I unno. It just shows up as an option in the sidebar in seller hub sometimes.
I talked about this two years ago and people thought I was full of it Only some accounts have chat and not all the time. I loved it. Non of my accounts have chat currently. :(
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (08-16-2019)
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I talked about this two years ago and people thought I was full of it Only some accounts have chat and not all the time. I loved it. Non of my accounts have chat currently. :(
Next best thing to chat... but takes a day is twitter.... Just have your name/email and zipcode . They can do everything via twitter. escalate cases, appeal cases etc.. I even lift restrictions on new accounts, by contacting them.Telling them i was immediately suspended i'd like to appeal., they'll ask what you're selling etc.. Probably ruined twitter method now :(
Old 08-16-2019

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
I'm guessing not since I refunded almost immediately after he opened the case. It's only a defect if eBay has to get involved, right?
nope i lost an account because i would just refund right away
that counts as a strike against your seller performance
so now i have to ask ebay to get involved everytime

" buyer purchased by mistake, please refund buyer but dont want this to effect my seller performance"

been doing this for the last 3-4 months and my account health has been improving.
Old 08-16-2019

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsang14 View Post
nope i lost an account because i would just refund right away
that counts as a strike against your seller performance
so now i have to ask ebay to get involved everytime

" buyer purchased by mistake, please refund buyer but dont want this to effect my seller performance"

been doing this for the last 3-4 months and my account health has been improving.
wait, what? It wouldn't count as a strike. It would only be internal, and having ebay step in, actually makes you look worse. Purchased by mistake? What type of case are you talking about exactly?
Old 08-16-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

Well, NOW I think phaz is full of it!
Old 08-16-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
One thing that have not heard anything about is how refunds/returns will be processed under Managed Payments?

With PayPal if you didn't have funds in your account, your PP balance would go into the negative to cover those refunds/claims.

How will this be done under Managed Payaments? Will the money be pulled out of your bank account? if so, will this be done as soon as a return/claim/dispute comes in? Is there any control over this?
Hi
By chance are you already enrolled eBay managed payment?
If so, in eBay for there is a thread for sellers that have managed payments.
It explains and provides info for people with managed payments. Take a look into it.
If not, I can explain some of how I am understanding it to be.
When eBay managed payments does my payout, the payout is exact amount of sale. No eBay fees or managed payment fees deducted. Managed payment fees will be added to our monthly invoice. When a refund occurs, I think once seller has item back then eBay will add that cost to the monthly sellers invoice but refund customer promptly after proof of return buyer.
This is my understanding of returns.
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
Hi
By chance are you already enrolled eBay managed payment?
If so, in eBay for there is a thread for sellers that have managed payments.
It explains and provides info for people with managed payments. Take a look into it.
If not, I can explain some of how I am understanding it to be.
When eBay managed payments does my payout, the payout is exact amount of sale. No eBay fees or managed payment fees deducted. Managed payment fees will be added to our monthly invoice. When a refund occurs, I think once seller has item back then eBay will add that cost to the monthly sellers invoice but refund customer promptly after proof of return buyer.
This is my understanding of returns.
At the present time, none of my accounts are eligible for enrollment in Managed Payments, at least not yet. A number of sellers on this forum have already received the invite and gone through the process. I'm reading these experiences just as you are doing to get an idea of how to approach it when we are all forced to come to terms with it as eBay sellers.

There is the question of course of how refunds and cases would be handled, and I feel the best answer came from Phaz in this thread. That seems like the most logical way for it to work. I would expect eBay's Managed Payments to work much like a typical merchant account would as far as handing cases, chargebacks, and the like.

There is still the question about if eBay will allow mismatching names for bank accounts, or that's simply going to be a no-go.

Another question I am particularly interested in has to do with the way corps/LLC's would be checked and verified. Will they only check documents, or actually confirm the business name with the EIN/IRS as PayPal does? I suspect they will based on how things typically work with these types of merchant processors I have personal experience in using.
Old 08-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
At the present time, none of my accounts are eligible for enrollment in Managed Payments, at least not yet. A number of sellers on this forum have already received the invite and gone through the process. I'm reading these experiences just as you are doing to get an idea of how to approach it when we are all forced to come to terms with it as eBay sellers.

There is the question of course of how refunds and cases would be handled, and I feel the best answer came from Phaz in this thread. That seems like the most logical way for it to work. I would expect eBay's Managed Payments to work much like a typical merchant account would as far as handing cases, chargebacks, and the like.

There is still the question about if eBay will allow mismatching names for bank accounts, or that's simply going to be a no-go.

Another question I am particularly interested in has to do with the way corps/LLC's would be checked and verified. Will they only check documents, or actually confirm the business name with the EIN/IRS as PayPal does? I suspect they will based on how things typically work with these types of merchant processors I have personal experience in using.
I can tell you first hand. i have 1 account i opted in, the name on the ebay account does NOT match the bank account, and i've been receiving payments for probably 1.5 months now. The rumors are they ask at 4k and 10k for proof of ownership. bank statement/canceled check. But, that's still not confirmed at any specific threshold. IMO.
As i said previously i've never know a merchant able to see the name on the bank account before. Paypal can't.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
JackedYoshi (09-10-2019), kinsey (08-17-2019), nickopedia (08-17-2019), nodeal (08-18-2019), unkown5454 (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
I can tell you first hand. i have 1 account i opted in, the name on the ebay account does NOT match the bank account, and i've been receiving payments for probably 1.5 months now. The rumors are they ask at 4k and 10k for proof of ownership. bank statement/canceled check. But, that's still not confirmed at any specific threshold. IMO.
As i said previously i've never know a merchant able to see the name on the bank account before. Paypal can't.
I am in managed payments. Mine do match but if I recall I read it had to match. On the eBay managed payment forum I read they had to match. Another on the forum stated that x amount of refunds were added to the invoice. That's where I got that info.
As far as business documents LLC ein etc not sure what they will ask for. All I done was add social but with stealth I am aware of ein and LLC being a question with stealth. I have not read on there forum yet about ein or LLC as of yet and how that's going to work
Old 08-17-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Paypal does. The exact moment they take back the micro-deposit out of your account, the name is shown. They just don't care. At THAT time.

When your account gets limited, though... and the 180 days are up, and you need to withdraw it.... all of a sudden it becomes relevant lol
Old 08-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
Paypal does. The exact moment they take back the micro-deposit out of your account, the name is shown. They just don't care. At THAT time.

When your account gets limited, though... and the 180 days are up, and you need to withdraw it.... all of a sudden it becomes relevant lol
You are right on that. Several years ago my son had an eBay and PayPal account and was limited because he was using his girlfriend's bank.
It does seem tho some is overlooked and others are not.
I have seen them limit when bank name doesn't match PayPal and have seen plenty that don't match and do fine. At least until bots begin to catch things for a real person to take a closer look.
Old 09-01-2019

Longevity: 59%

I have an ebay business account that has all of my LLC info on it. If and when I go to managed payments, from what everyone is saying they will want my SSN and my EIN? My LLC is set up as a partnership, not an individual LLC. I was told a couple of years ago that as long as it was a partnership that only an EIN would be required. Any thoughts?
Old 09-11-2019

Longevity: 88%

I tried to roll in eBay managed payment and use my LLC partnership info, when it ask for SSN, I chat with eBay rep, he told me to use EIN instead. it went thru till confirm, but I stop there because at the time I am not sure if I could go back to paypal if eBay managed paymet failed. Now I know there is no turning back to paypal, I am still doing investigation and waiting.
Old 09-11-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjc104 View Post
I have an ebay business account that has all of my LLC info on it. If and when I go to managed payments, from what everyone is saying they will want my SSN and my EIN? My LLC is set up as a partnership, not an individual LLC. I was told a couple of years ago that as long as it was a partnership that only an EIN would be required. Any thoughts?
I used my social and not ein as sole proprietor
I did get an ein as PayPal sent me the notice to provide tax info.
Due to previously banned account I could not add social so applied for ein.
At that time I got the invite from eBay managed payments and I did not have to use my ein but did use my social
The Following User Says Thank You to leighanns520 For This Useful Post:
TheRealist (04-11-2020)
Old 09-11-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl797 View Post
I tried to roll in eBay managed payment and use my LLC partnership info, when it ask for SSN, I chat with eBay rep, he told me to use EIN instead. it went thru till confirm, but I stop there because at the time I am not sure if I could go back to paypal if eBay managed paymet failed. Now I know there is no turning back to paypal, I am still doing investigation and waiting.
There are tallks just talks that Paypal will try to come up with a bank routing number and account number for each Paypal member so we can transfer our MP fund to our Paypal account.
But there is no way to accept payment direct on Ebay without MP account once Ebay MP is official for all
Old 09-17-2019

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
wait, what? It wouldn't count as a strike. It would only be internal, and having ebay step in, actually makes you look worse. Purchased by mistake? What type of case are you talking about exactly?
if you cancel an order on ebay there are 3 choices
out of stock (strike)
buyer cancel (this is ok)
something wrong with address (this is ok)

if buyer wants to cancel order before you ship this is also ok.

if buyer wants to start a return... they usually lie and pick the item is not as described or not delivered.

then if you agree to the buyers reasoning for the return and refund them... this will count as a strike. (this is bad)

so I always ask ebay to step in since the according to ebay if ebay finds the case in the buyers favor they will refund the buyer and strike my account which if i just refunded the buyer anyways the worst case would have already happened.

didnt know this before and i lost an account due to this. I was also just agreeing w/ buyers and sending refund right away. (big mistake) lol
Old 09-17-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
There are tallks just talks that Paypal will try to come up with a bank routing number and account number for each Paypal member so we can transfer our MP fund to our Paypal account.
But there is no way to accept payment direct on Ebay without MP account once Ebay MP is official for all
It's not just talk. They are doing it, so that they can still do paypal capital loans.
Old 09-17-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsang14 View Post
if you cancel an order on ebay there are 3 choices
out of stock (strike)
buyer cancel (this is ok)
something wrong with address (this is ok)

if buyer wants to cancel order before you ship this is also ok.

if buyer wants to start a return... they usually lie and pick the item is not as described or not delivered.

then if you agree to the buyers reasoning for the return and refund them... this will count as a strike. (this is bad)

so I always ask ebay to step in since the according to ebay if ebay finds the case in the buyers favor they will refund the buyer and strike my account which if i just refunded the buyer anyways the worst case would have already happened.

didnt know this before and i lost an account due to this. I was also just agreeing w/ buyers and sending refund right away. (big mistake) lol
Returns aren't going to have strikes against you, unless you escalate and lose.
Old 09-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
It's not just talk. They are doing it, so that they can still do paypal capital loans.
Loans, currency exchange, etc - not an ideal situation for the user rate-wise.
Old 09-17-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Loans, currency exchange, etc - not an ideal situation for the user rate-wise.
I've done pretty freaken well with paypal capital loans, actually... I mean, hey, if you have perfect credit, great history at the bank, and a good verifiable income, sure. But if you need quick cash for a large purchase, and don't want it hitting your credit report?

lol tho my point wasn't to defend paypal capital. Just saying, that the whole account routing number thing is something they plan on doing. I participated in some beta testing they were doing.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (09-17-2019)
Old 02-05-2020

Longevity: 45%

Well I got my first invite to managed payments, and signed up right away. It's for a stealth store that sells on average 20 items/$500 a day. How much can I expect too see my sales drop from your personal experiences?