Interesting thread... On Ebay asking for docs - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 08-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Interesting thread... On Ebay asking for docs

https://justpaste.it/2bmos

Check it out. The last post is interesting...
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (08-15-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-15-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Interesting thread... On Ebay asking for docs

Basically the jist of it..

Some think at 4k and 10k ebay asks for docs... 4k they ask for SSN/EIN and also a cancelled check or bank statement to verify the bank you provided matches the same information you gave them.
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

This is a very interesting read. Thanks for sharing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
HurricaneHuntr (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yeah, if i don't open 25 llc's i may just retire and sell my house, doubt i can keep up the mortgage if i can't sell. But, then again there has to be an option. The problem is they are asking for SSN AND EIN... And that would link all the stealths together..

We'll see, hopefully not doom and gloom.
Old 08-15-2019

Longevity: 52%

Is there a way to open an LLC to the name the personal stealth account is made of than add EIN only - no SSN - to managed payments? Also, can I use a bank that joint account in my name AND the stealth name? Stealth name on bank would be name of LLC or DBA. Did anybody tried adding EIN in place of SSN on personal accounts when converting to managed payments? Any info is appreciated...
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkapas View Post
Is there a way to open an LLC to the name the personal stealth account is made of than add EIN only - no SSN - to managed payments? Also, can I use a bank that joint account in my name AND the stealth name? Stealth name on bank would be name of LLC or DBA. Did anybody tried adding EI.N in place of SS.N on personal accounts when converting to managed payments? Any info is appreciated...
Firstly, you can't create an LLC without a SS.N. A s.sn is required to create a business since it's all tied to you anyway.

Secondly, i don't know this as fact. But, i have heard several times eBay requests the SS.N AND EI.N for the business.. So you have to provide your s.sn and e.in for a business account. But, i don't know what they can look up and not look up. Which is what's confusing, i am not sure if using the same S.SN on multiple businesses would link the account or not. I also don't know if you used a family member's SS.N and your own EI.N would work, these are all things that will need to be tested... If the latter works, there could be work arounds. With permission from a family member to use their information and your own E.IN. This could work. I'd never recommend someone elses that is not authorized to use.

The problem with testing all of this, one... if it doesn't work your ebay account is screwed and there is no opting out of managed payments. So basically unless it's a brand new account in managed payments, you're losing a good account with no idea when this will be required. I'm not ready to risk that right now for testing purposes.

Right now, i would just recommend going balls to the wall for as long as you can and if it dies it dies. There is other solutions that work that aren't exactly stealth, like permission from a family member. I am sure a lot do it now.

Additionally, those who do and go over 20k are just dumb with those accounts and who are located in the USA, that's asking for trouble for your family member, of course maybe they are ok reporting all the income on top of theirs, if so just pay the taxes for them. If someone were to ever go down this route, don't go over 20k for your safety and rotate ebay accounts. Hope you have a big family!

And when ebay requests a bank statement or canceled check before the magic # you do you so to speak.

Last edited by HurricaneHuntr; 08-16-2019 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-16-2019

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Firstly, you can't create an LLC without a SS.N. A s.sn is required to create a business since it's all tied to you anyway.
I know I need my ssn to create llc, but the llc can also have a dba attached and every dba gets a new EIN - up to 5 for an llc or INC.

My question is: if I use the EIN in place of the SSN on a personal account to verify ebay for managed payments - would that work? I know it does not work for paypal, they can tell the difference between ssn and ein.

As for a bank account - would a legit business account that has my real name AND the name of the stealth ebay name would work? Stealth ebay name on bank will be a legally registered dba.

I'm not trying to hide my taxes here, I'm trying to find a way to convert stealth ebay into a managed payment account - for the time when we will all be forced to do so. I operate more than 15 eBay Stealth acc. and would be nice to be able to keep using them in the near future. Thanks for any new info.
Old 08-16-2019

Longevity: 77%

What is eBay going to do with all this Chinese sellers that drop ship from US?

I don’t think they will close thousands of accounts for not providing the EIN or SS

All this is related to the new Trump administration.

Hopefully it will not affect US sellers
Old 08-17-2019

Longevity: 26%

Yes they will close em.
Old 08-24-2019

Longevity: 68%

95% of listings on eBay are Chinese sellers drop shipping. There are literally millions of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to cafonabob For This Useful Post:
renzini (08-27-2019)
Old 09-11-2019

Longevity: 88%

I don't think this eBay MP will affect China sellers, they registered in China eBay, sell on USA market. Therefore, this MP thing doesnot get to them. Always USA sellers get hurt 1st ... :-(
Old 09-15-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

if Ayden is global,it will come to China.
But I think Canada and UK would be next.
Old 09-18-2019

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Yeah, if i don't open 25 llc's i may just retire and sell my house, doubt i can keep up the mortgage if i can't sell. But, then again there has to be an option. The problem is they are asking for SSN AND EIN... And that would link all the stealths together..

We'll see, hopefully not doom and gloom.

Well I just had a linked account go indefinately suspended but it did not affect my other accounts ......so I think they are treating each LLC individually unless you have a major issue then they will go full Paypal on you.

JMO
Old 09-21-2019

Longevity: 68%

eBay has 168 million users. Every single one of them has a paypal account and 99% most likely only use their paypal account for eBay.

Paypal has 179 million users. If these 168 million eBay users are no longer using Paypal that leaves them will 11 million. How many of these are bulls*t accounts?

Paypal is going to lose over 90% of their customer base.
Old 09-21-2019

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafonabob View Post
eBay has 168 million users. Every single one of them has a paypal account and 99% most likely only use their paypal account for eBay.

Paypal has 179 million users. If these 168 million eBay users are no longer using Paypal that leaves them will 11 million. How many of these are bulls*t accounts?

Paypal is going to lose over 90% of their customer base.
PayPal will not lose the 168 million Ebay users as most Ebay customers use PayPal to purchase thier items on Ebay and will continue to do so through Ebay managed payments. That said, new to Ebay shoppers in the future will no longer need to open a PayPal account to checkout, so PayPal users will drop over time. No more growth through Ebay for PayPal.
Old 09-21-2019

Some think Ebay is just a small piece of the whole Paypal pie as there are many websites outside Ebay which accept PAYPAL,,but no one can give PAYPAL the volume Ebay does.
Also Ebay sellers are not getting payments deposited to their Paypal account,they have no reason to use Paypal fund as they wont have any unless they sell outside Ebay ,there is no reason to use Paypal debit card which draws on their Paypal fund back by bank fund and get 1% cash rebate ,they can use their cc direct and get 2-3% cash rebate.
Other prominent websites like AMZN(it has its own AMZN oneclick),WMT and TGT have their credit cards,they dont need Paypal.
But Paypal is still a easy way of sending money to friend and family overseas (which would cost you),pay rent to your landlord,small business use it for payroll processing.
I wonder if Wall Street analysts realise this,where would Paypal find growth?
Old 09-21-2019

PayPal will not lose the 168 million Ebay users as most Ebay customers use PayPal to purchase thier items on Ebay and will continue to do so through Ebay managed payments
------------------buyers see no reason to use PAYPAL under EBAY MP,since buyers are also sellers,they wont be seeing any sales proceeds coming into their paypal account,if they want to pay with bank fund or cc,they dont need to go thru Paypal.
Old 09-24-2019

Longevity: 97%

I think the thing to stress here is when you sign up for managed payments the real info that you are giving is to AYDEN not to eBay. They are the ones that are verifying the name you gave them is the one that matches the bank account. With millions of users, there is a ton of people with the same names. Since eBay never had your SSN there seems to be no issue in giving AYDEN this info...one because it's not know if they are sharing the info with eBay, and two even if they are, if you have had a banned account in the past there is really no way of them knowing if it was you because they never had your SSN to match you up. I was terrified to sign up for managed payments, but when Paypal shut down my most recent account the Paypal rep told me it was because I had a previous banned Paypal e-mail address associated with my eBay username. So, if you have had any issues like this then this is a great option...eBay has no problem with me and could care less about Paypal now. So if you worried about MP don't be, I think it will end up being a good thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebayround2 For This Useful Post:
DenysUA (09-25-2019)
Old 09-26-2019

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayround2 View Post
I think the thing to stress here is when you sign up for managed payments the real info that you are giving is to AYDEN not to eBay. They are the ones that are verifying the name you gave them is the one that matches the bank account. With millions of users, there is a ton of people with the same names. Since eBay never had your SSN there seems to be no issue in giving AYDEN this info...one because it's not know if they are sharing the info with eBay, and two even if they are, if you have had a banned account in the past there is really no way of them knowing if it was you because they never had your SSN to match you up. I was terrified to sign up for managed payments, but when Paypal shut down my most recent account the Paypal rep told me it was because I had a previous banned Paypal e-mail address associated with my eBay username. So, if you have had any issues like this then this is a great option...eBay has no problem with me and could care less about Paypal now. So if you worried about MP don't be, I think it will end up being a good thing.
Been a good experience this far for me
Old 09-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
PayPal will not lose the 168 million Ebay users as most Ebay customers use PayPal to purchase thier items on Ebay and will continue to do so through Ebay managed payments
------------------buyers see no reason to use PAYPAL under EBAY MP,since buyers are also sellers,they wont be seeing any sales proceeds coming into their paypal account,if they want to pay with bank fund or cc,they dont need to go thru Paypal.
correction-
Many Ebay and sellers have Paypal credit card,debit card,working capital loan,line of credit ,so they wil continue to use Paypal via managed payments to buy on Ebay
Old 09-26-2019

Longevity: 97%

Yes. I just started a few days ago and made sure everything matched and my first payout went today. This may not be so bad after all. Only bad thing is that it makes the accounts way more valuable. If you get booted, and the card processor bans you as well, to get back on you'll have to use someone else's real name and get a bank account in their name.
Old 09-26-2019

I dont think too many people will let someone else use their real name and bank account ,possibly SSN to buy/sell on Ebay or anywhere.
i sure would not like it.