eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   US Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/)
-   -   Lets get a few things straight (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/130212-lets-get-few-things-straight.html)

iamlmfao 10-02-2019 10:50 AM

Lets get a few things straight

ok guys. I wanna get some things cleared up please.

Number 1: once adyen is fully implemented WILL EVERY SINGLE USA SELLER NEED TO PROVIDE SSN?

Number 2: is it a myth they want matching bank names? some reports say yes, some say no.

Number 3: Does anybody know the exact cutoff date of receiving payments thru paypal?

Anyways thanks hope we dont die out here once this is all implemented.

Steveo036940 10-02-2019 11:13 AM

Re: Lets get a few things straight

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlmfao (Post 1037930)
ok guys. I wanna get some things cleared up please.

Number 1: once adyen is fully implemented WILL EVERY SINGLE USA SELLER NEED TO PROVIDE SSN?
Yes
Number 2: is it a myth they want matching bank names? some reports say yes, some say no.
No myth
Number 3: Does anybody know the exact cutoff date of receiving payments thru paypal?
No
Anyways thanks hope we dont die out here once this is all implemented.

Hopefully workarounds will become available as more people make the switch and experiment.

phaz0rz 10-02-2019 11:17 AM

1) Seems that way. At first I thought it would only be for individuals and pass through entities, but there was a person here with a multi-member LLC who said eBay wanted the SSN of at least one member when they went through the application. Yankee is the only member here I know of who's saying they already have multiple accounts in MP.. so he probably knows the answer.

2) In my experience, yes, they want the names to match. If there's doubt they request bank statements.. which may or may not be fudgable to a certain extent.

3) They haven't said. It seems like even eBay isn't sure.

That won't clear up anything at all, but it's too early for anyone to give definitive yes or no answers to these questions.

agent006140 10-02-2019 11:56 AM

per Ebay rep,there is an agreement between Paypal and EBAY when Paypal was spunoff,that Ebay would not and could not withdraw all its business from PaAYPAL in one big scoop,it has to be a gradual process.
We dont know the details but you can see now,some are invited and some are still waiting to be invited,I have been with Ebay/Paypal for over 20-25 years ,I have not heard from Ebay yet.

leighanns520 10-02-2019 06:45 PM

For a fact name on eBay has to match name on bank. My eBay name and bank name are my real name. But, on eBay no middle initial but on bank name middle initial. I had to correct this about 4 or 5 weeks ago.
This was not an issue when I first signed up with managed payments but I met one of the thresholds
Managed payments has been a positive thing for me thus far.

agent006140 10-02-2019 07:40 PM

This is the same with Paypal when we linked our bank account with our Paypal account,for some reason Paypal later dropped it?
Johnnie Cash & John Thomas Cash would not do

nodeal 10-02-2019 08:54 PM

They ask for a SSN when you sign up

Once you have a certain amount of funds paid out to you they will request you update your info or provide a bank statement if your names do not match.

We don't know the cutoff date yet.

I have 4 MP accounts currently running and I like it so far. Nothing is going to die out. Where there is a will, there are several ways.

rsot 10-02-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodeal (Post 1038066)
They ask for a SSN when you sign up

Once you have a certain amount of funds paid out to you they will request you update your info or provide a bank statement if your names do not match.

We don't know the cutoff date yet.

I have 4 MP accounts currently running and I like it so far. Nothing is going to die out. Where there is a will, there are several ways.

4 MP accounts - wow

bigcatdaddy 10-03-2019 10:19 AM

So I have an ebay account in my name in good standing but a suspended PayPal. This sounds like it could be a good thing for me. I take it my account would be able to accept paypal as well as all other payment types?

Leader2dark 10-04-2019 07:59 AM

SSN is required. I don't know how people are getting around this other than stealing IDs.

I guess where there is a will, there is a way is technically correct, but average users won't go that far.

I didn't realize they asked for more bank info after a certain payment number. What is the point?

GreenBean 10-04-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1037960)
per Ebay rep,there is an agreement between Paypal and EBAY when Paypal was spunoff,that Ebay would not and could not withdraw all its business from PaAYPAL in one big scoop,it has to be a gradual process.
We dont know the details but you can see now,some are invited and some are still waiting to be invited,I have been with Ebay/Paypal for over 20-25 years ,I have not heard from Ebay yet.

We have gone thro’ this before.

Words per eBay rep are not prove or guarantee of a usable fact for the Stealth world.

=}

iamlmfao 10-04-2019 10:43 AM

why cant these cvunts just add BOTH!?!?!? GIVE THE USERS AN OPTION!!! we make there website help us out but nooooooo they just wanna always screw u.

agent006140 10-04-2019 01:07 PM

if you have a bank account,you must have SSN,the more documents you give them,the more they like to do business with you.
They dont want the marginal sellers .

iamlmfao 10-05-2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1038680)
if you have a bank account,you must have SSN,the more documents you give them,the more they like to do business with you.
They dont want the marginal sellers .

but if bank name dont match....then this is gonna be very hard. But if all it takes is a bank statement then we good homies.

agent006140 10-05-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 1038613)
We have gone thro’ this before.

Words per eBay rep are not prove or guarantee of a usable fact for the Stealth world.

=}

thats true, steakth world will always remain underground

agent006140 10-05-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlmfao (Post 1038875)
but if bank name dont match....then this is gonna be very hard. But if all it takes is a bank statement then we good homies.

I have been told many times by someone on this forum,names do not have to match.
There are other venues and payment processors,check them out

iamlmfao 10-05-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1038878)
I have been told many times by someone on this forum,names do not have to match.
There are other venues and payment processors,check them out

check what out? you make it sound like ebay is giving us sooooo many ways to process payments LOL:noidea:

phaz0rz 10-05-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlmfao (Post 1038892)
check what out? you make it sound like ebay is giving us sooooo many ways to process payments LOL:noidea:

I'm leaning towards establishing new made from scratch identities for myself with CPN's and whatnot. From what I've read online it's somewhat legal and not very hard to do. Always something I've wanted to get into, e-commerce or not.

ebayround2 10-05-2019 07:48 PM

Not entirely true on the eBay name and bank account having to match. To be clear, the name that you give the payment PROCESSOR and the bank account has to match. If you have a stealth eBay account with a made up name, that's fine. The name that you use to sign up for managed payments has to match the bank account and of course that SSN will have to match. I actually LOVE this new payment system so far. No holds, daily payouts, if you have a refund to do it just gets subtracted. WAY better then PayPal's BS they were allowed to get away with for the past 20 years.

leighanns520 10-05-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayround2 (Post 1039082)
Not entirely true on the eBay name and bank account having to match. To be clear, the name that you give the payment PROCESSOR and the bank account has to match. If you have a stealth eBay account with a made up name, that's fine. The name that you use to sign up for managed payments has to match the bank account and of course that SSN will have to match. I actually LOVE this new payment system so far. No holds, daily payouts, if you have a refund to do it just gets subtracted. WAY better then PayPal's BS they were allowed to get away with for the past 20 years.

If this is true why did eBay ask me to update bank account info as my name on eBay and bank did not match. I only had to add my middle initial. When I log into eBay prior it just had my first name. Now this has my middle initial as well. When I edited the info already provided to Ayden when signing up for managed payments I also uploaded bank statement to prove it was the same.
If name on eBay does not need to match then why would they ask me to edit it so they would match?

HurricaneHuntr 10-09-2019 12:53 PM

Create more accounts, is only solution and unfortunately you're going to do things you never had to do before. You have to ask yourself, is it time to retire? Sell your home, downsize? These are all options coming up in the next few years on eBay. All things i am considering when managed payments is forced. Multi member LLC will not work. Hope you have a large family, and i really hope you're willing to deal with the headaches of them filing their taxes and paying the 1099k taxes on your earnings. And if you are forced to do things in ways you never had to do before... don't go over 20k on that ebay account.

I already combine all my stealth income and it's reported, sadly that won't cut it in 1-2 years with ebay. It's going to be complex, at the same time. Hopefully that makes prices increase.

agent006140 10-12-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlmfao (Post 1038892)

I mean other payment processors to use outside Ebay.
But if you must sell on Ebay,I agree,AYDEN looks like it will be the only game in town.
Is it the same now with AMZN Market place,do all third party sellers have to use AMZN ONE CLICK ,
There was a time if you have your own merchant account,you can skip One click.