competitor threatening - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions > eBay & Paypal Horror Stories

eBay & Paypal Horror Stories Do you have an eBay or Paypal horror story? This is the place to tell it!

Old 07-19-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Thumbs down competitor threatening

Received a message yesterday from a buyer accusing item is @@@@ and requested full refund + return postage ASAP so she won't take it further.

Product was sourced in different kind of places, small stuff never got bothered to verify plus no worth to do so, cheap thing anyway.

Agreed for the return but suggested her to go through return case.

She changed her face immediately and threaten me to report me to ebay and trading standard.

I kindly suggested her to go through case again.

Eventually she did.

I click "agree".

Today got her another message said since item is @@@@ by ebay policy she won't be able to return it to me.

Then I went through to her account. She is a very big seller most of her products are same brand as this one I sold to her. I barely got this product, once every month probably.

She left negative feedback to her other competitors and they followed up as "she kept the item and money never returned then re sell it on her own store", not only once. And one negative feedback to one competitors was removed by ebay.

I am not angry about it, just feel very sick.

Reported her to abuse ebay buyers protection or try to trade with seller for a potential negative feedback.

Not sure if I'm right or not, anyway this account only can 10/1000 per month for almost a year now, I don't care about it if it's closed.

But any idea how to fight back to this kind of annoying bugs?

They should get a life first or focus on their own business, obviously she didn't sell well every month by the monthly feedbacks she receives, got plenty of time to wandering on site to buy cheap same thing from other sellers and kill them one by one or get something free for herself.

Sigh.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: competitor threatening

Stop selling the item, find another product, move forward.
Old 07-19-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
On my post I explained I really don't care about this account, I barely have this product, once every month? Don't give a thing.

Just want to know, anyway to fight back to this buyer??? With this dead end account, at least it has couple of more days to go I assume.
Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Well then let me ask, What would you like to happen to this competitor?
Old 07-19-2014

Longevity: 63%

Buy from her and do the same, that is the best thing.
Old 07-19-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Well then let me ask, What would you like to happen to this competitor?

Let ebay knows she is abusing buyers protection system, want to trade with buyers for the things she demanding, avoid ebay return policy, trick sellers, get her account suspended if it's possible.
Old 07-19-2014

Longevity: 59%

Call ebay and get to someone past the first tier level people, they cant do anything...and don't speak to anyone outside U.S...waste of time.....If all you say is true, I think I could get them in trouble.......
Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefrasers View Post
On my post I explained I really don't care about this account, I barely have this product, once every month? Don't give a thing.

Just want to know, anyway to fight back to this buyer??? With this dead end account, at least it has couple of more days to go I assume.
ALWAYS check your buyer out before making any arrangements with them.

Keep control of your account.

Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
Buy from her and do the same, that is the best thing.
Tit for tat doesnt really solve the issue :( need to teach that other user about policy ....and manners
Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The minute this came up, I would have issued a refund, added her to my blocked buyers list and moved on. In my opinion, it is almost always a mistake to get eBay involved. Their judgment is not always fair and sometimes the mere ACCUSATION of selling a phake item will get your account closed. Not always, but sometimes.

When an eBay transaction goes south, it is no longer about making a profit on that item, or even getting it back. It is all about damage control. When this happens to me, my goal is to make the buyer go away as quickly as possible, preferably without leaving a negative feedback.

There are some people on eBay who do this type of thing to get free merchandise. And I hate being taken advantage of. But they can only do it to me ONCE. And these buyers eventually get what is coming to them. If they have too many cases opened or claims filed, eBay is likely to boot them as well. eBay is very profitable, but the profits depend on automation. When a live person has to get involved, their profit on the transaction goes away very quickly and turns into a loss.

Remember, you are in business to make money. Anything that takes your focus away from that is to be avoided like the plague!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
bballaw1 (08-25-2014), Geegee83 (08-23-2014), GoteBay (07-20-2014), GreenBean (07-19-2014), instaify (03-04-2017), Kristy (02-06-2015), likefrasers (07-20-2014), stanislav (07-21-2014), Yasav (03-12-2018)
Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

That is great sounding advice
Old 07-19-2014

Longevity: 73%

You prolly dont wanna hear my advice, its malicious
The Following User Says Thank You to r00tk3y For This Useful Post:
likefrasers (07-20-2014)
Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00tk3y View Post
You prolly dont wanna hear my advice, its malicious
All opinions are welcome here. My opinion is simply that, just an opinion.

If taking the hit is going to haunt you for the rest of your life, then by all means fight back by all means fair or foul.

I know there are a lot of younger people on this forum and you guys have a different outlook on all of this than I do. I am responsible for over 10 people, 3 cats and 2 dogs. I HAVE TO look at everything from a business standpoint. I cannot drop the ball, or get distracted by a scammer.

But having said all that, there have been times I would have liked to be able to grab the scammer by their neck an do some pretty nasty things to them. It is a perfectly natural reaction to being scammed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (08-23-2014), likefrasers (07-20-2014), stanislav (07-21-2014), Yasav (03-12-2018)
Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

I am not saying that it should be you OP, but something needs to be done about this seller making 100% profit off people this way!!
I really dont know how some people sleep at night!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
likefrasers (07-20-2014)
Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
I am not saying that it should be you OP, but something needs to be done about this seller making 100% profit off people this way!!
Trust me, it will haunt them later. you may not think so now, but when you get older, you start to regret the stupid things you did when you were younger. I'm talking about stuff that hurt someone, not trying pot or something.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (07-20-2014), Diego (03-25-2017), likefrasers (07-20-2014), stanislav (07-21-2014)
Old 07-20-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I agree.

Her account was registered six years ago, 2k+ positive feedbacks since she actually bought a lot almost 50% those feedbacks are coming from her purchasing.

Went through her feedback as buyers, funny to see quite some are removed by ebay.

My situation is very simple, less than 1 year, 10/1000, to be honest not so much I will lose if I keep on playing this game with her, but really would like to let ebay be aware of this kind of people.

Left all the facts on ebay case, screenshot fors her feedback left to others and their follow up. Her first message sent to me for the blackmail.

The only problem is, if the item is phake, I'm not sure as it wasn't verified, what will happen if she go to report to the trading standard and brand company? I use a logistic to ship my products, as she received the post, will my logistic company get trouble?

If not, then WTF I will just play, curious to see what will happen. Of course this account won't last any longer.
Old 07-20-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Trust me, it will haunt them later. you may not think so now, but when you get older, you start to regret the stupid things you did when you were younger. I'm talking about stuff that hurt someone, not trying pot or something.
Yes it's true, but feel like I can not keep quiet and be manipulated as the other victims. They got negative feedback + money gone + accounts gone (some of them are not registered anymore). I know she won't just go away even if I fully refunded her + return postage, she won't return the item back to me anyway, plus she will still report me to ebay. According to what she did before.

I believe there are some super evil people on ebay, she is one of them.
Old 07-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I agree.

Her account was registered six years ago, 2k+ positive feedbacks since she actually bought a lot almost 50% those feedbacks are coming from her purchasing.

Went through her feedback as buyers, funny to see quite some are removed by ebay.

My situation is very simple, less than 1 year, 10/1000, to be honest not so much I will lose if I keep on playing this game with her, but really would like to let ebay be aware of this kind of people.

Left all the facts on ebay case, screenshot fors her feedback left to others and their follow up. Her first message sent to me for the blackmail.

The only problem is, if the item is phake, I'm not sure as it wasn't verified, what will happen if she go to report to the trading standard and brand company? I use a logistic to ship my products, as she received the post, will my logistic company get trouble?

If not, then WTF I will just play, curious to see what will happen. Of course this account won't last any longer.
It is highly unlikely she will even do anything, since she is most likely getting the items from the same place as you and if you say she is selling the freebies she gets from other sellers to, then she is possibly selling the phakes to.. so she is only blowing hot air.
Old 07-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Medication
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (07-20-2014)
Old 07-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Medication
I wll have what you are having
Old 07-20-2014

Quote:
Yes it's true, but feel like I can not keep quiet and be manipulated as the other victims. They got negative feedback + money gone + accounts gone (some of them are not registered anymore). I know she won't just go away even if I fully refunded her + return postage, she won't return the item back to me anyway, plus she will still report me to ebay. According to what she did before.

I believe there are some super evil people on ebay, she is one of them.
If stress pills would not require a prescription, eBay sellers would have emptied those shelves or better the manufacturing industry boosted for too much sales.

We (eBay sellers) make problem for ourselves by being selfish. Karma definitely follow these scammers, but they also need a simple dose to keep them on the ledge to realize the evil in them.
likefrasers (07-20-2014)
Old 07-22-2014
Banned

Longevity: 66%

If you don't care about your account why not call them up?

I always call when I got problems. And make them look like a scammer over the phone that they are!

Just call them up. "Hi I got a problem with a buyer who is not really a buyer but competitor. There is proof that she has been doing this many times and abusing the system, please take a look at her feedback. I don't know what to do!" And let the person on the phone tell you etc. Chances are they'll tell you that they will help you out a bit and if this person gives you a NEGATIVE they'll remove it just got to call back.

Also mention that she said your item was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but yet she sells the same type of items so why buy from you only to hurt you and then resell it on her account.

Mention that stuff man. I don't let no one push me around. I always check to see if that email or name is not registered on facebook to see if they brag about it also to people to show off! Cause you can always take a screen shot or tell the rep on the phone to enter that email on facebook for proof. I've done it before! And won a case. Kept the money.

Don't let no one push you around. You make another stealth she does it again! Heartless people.

And what does that do to you if she'll "haunt" when she gets old. Great she took away your business and drove you down hill on a product! I personally don't put up with this BS!

Fight back! I've had a few people buy from and try to open a case saying it's not the item or they never got it when tracking shows. My items are like $9.99 and I always say "not as item des.... sorry but I won't rip anyone off for $9.99 and lose my account been selling for a long time and look at my account and feedback this customer is trying to get free items this is abusing the system what do I do?" You know how many times that's worked?

Fight back, if you lose an account then oh well you don't care anyways. Buyers can make claims all they want! Ebay knows that not all sellers are bad they also know that sellers scam buyers daily!

That's what I'm saying! Don't let these people push you around!

Quote:
What if you can't find another product that sells good or earns you money or can't make a buck off ebay in the end? :(

Last edited by TGMT²; 08-23-2014 at 02:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
likefrasers (07-22-2014)