Selling with a Hong Kong account, located in USA - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > eBay & PayPal International

eBay & PayPal International General discussions on eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited accounts for ALL other countries not mentioned above!

Old 07-19-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default Selling with a Hong Kong account, located in USA

I am looking to purchase a Hong Kong ebay/pp account, and then sell items on there. I am located in the US and items would be shipping from inside US. I wont get into the details of why I am doing this, as it is a sort of experiment. I have seen other sellers, with their location showing as hong kong in their store but all items "ship from" location is in the US. How are they doing this successfully?

Do I need a Hong Kong bank account to withdrawal from the paypal or can I use a US account? Is it recommended that I register an LLC(or whatever the HK equivalent is) in order to upgrade the account to a business account after purchase, is this even possible? What else if anything, do I need?

Any and all help is appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-19-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Selling with a Hong Kong account, located in USA

American expatriates can link their US bank account to their foreign PAypal account,but you have to remove that bank account from your other Paypal account.
Ebay seller can be based in one country but their item location can be in another country.
Just make sure yo understand what happens with shipping,delivery timeframe and return policy
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
spleeb (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Will the accounts limits be affected by the type of account it is? Will my limits have a better chance of being increased more if I have a business account?
Old 07-19-2019

if you are new,Ebay may limit the number of listings or dollar amount ,yo can read all about it on Ebay.
Old 07-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
American expatriates can link their US bank account to their foreign PAypal account,but you have to remove that bank account from your other Paypal account.
Are you certain about this? General policy PP doesn't allow reusing bank accounts on a diff pp account
Old 07-19-2019

if you move from one country t o another,you have to have a new paypal account set up,so you need to remove that bank account from your old paypal account first.
Paypal knows it is the same old you but different country.
Paypal said this is a courtesy to US members as Paypal is a US company
Old 07-25-2019
Threadstarter  

I do not want to use a bank account that has already been used with paypal before. I would be opening a brand new bank account to the link to the hong kong paypal account.

So I will be opening a new US bank account and linking it to the HK paypal account.

Now my next question is, can I link an american LLC/EIN number to a HK ebay/paypal account, or do I need to somehow open the HK equivalent of an american LLC in order to open both the paypal/ebay accounts as business accounts? I have heard that the limits that are imposed on HK/China accounts are quite strict, so does opening it as a business account help negate this like it does with american accounts or does it not matter?
Old 07-25-2019
Threadstarter  

Also when opening the account, the registration address will obviously have to be a hong kong address but can I use an american address for the shipping/return address without setting off red flags?

I also have many business partners that are located in China/Hong kong, would there be any downside to just sending them the money out of the paypal account to cash it out instead of having to pay the 2% withdrawal fee to an american bank account?
Old 07-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I do this.

Where did you get this idea?

Justin?
Old 07-25-2019
Threadstarter  

No, my name isnt justin. I have just noticed alot of my competition on ebay doing this same thing, and their items seem to be staying up longer than mine.

I sell things that ebay does not exactly allow according to their terms of service, but will allow them to stay up for a period of time to collect some money before removing them/banning the account.

The hong kong accounts I have seen that are selling the same items still get their items removed, but they do not seem to be getting suspended/banned for it.

Last edited by spleeb; 07-25-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

They are Chinese and play by slightly different rules. You need EXTENSIVE documents. Selling limits are very very low, search placement is very very low. It takes a good 6 months to get the ball rolling. After 260 sales, your paypal will be 100% locked up, you need to supply extensive documents by then and sometimes facial recognition.

One vero and your account is most likely toast if it happens before docs are submitted. 2 vero strikes and it is gone no matter what.

You will need a HK bank. It is a heck of a lot easier if you go there. If not, you must hold ALL YOUR TRUST in someone in China.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (07-25-2019)
Old 07-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

China VPNs are often caught by the great wall of china. It is an expensive trial and error because the accounts are often locked up for good. You MUST keep an active phone number.

Become familiar with "Flower server" QQ and teamviewer and painfully slow internet.

This is assuming you have a factory or close friends in China or HK. If not, I dont think this is a long term solution.
Old 07-25-2019
Threadstarter  

I didnt want to say what I sell on ebay out of not wanting to be judged, but Im going to anyways. I sell vapes/e-cigarettes/ecig accessories. There is another seller that has about 5 or 6 accounts at the moment that is my main competition for certain hot items.

Each account only has 1 or 2 items listed, but each item has hundreds sold. The item locations are all in the same state on every listing, but each account is located in either china or hong kong.

With how difficult you are saying this is, it sounds nearly impossible. So I guess I dont know where to start. I have been to china/hong kong for business before, but due to the risky nature of the items I am listing it could be a waste of time/money due to the fact that the accounts may just get banned right away.

For all of my stealth accounts at the moment, I use virtual machine VPS' and not VPN's, which I believe should be harder for the great wall to catch.

Last edited by spleeb; 07-25-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

I am not an account seller and I do not sell accounts but I would say an account setup you would need in HK would cost a couple grand and would require trust unless you already have a HK Company. Maybe 6-9 months to get cranking. It is easiest if you have some sort of staff or support IN China. I own a factory and have a lot of trust and still, it can be frustrating. Like today... 33 cartons sent to an RV park I stayed at last February. That is was $4500 mistake...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
pothos (07-25-2019), spleeb (07-25-2019)
Old 07-25-2019
Threadstarter  

I feel your pain. A year ago the vape business was booming on ebay, now ebay is getting very strict due to pressure from the FDA. Now my listings will not stay up for longer than a couple of weeks, after hours and hours of picking which items to list due to their "riskiness" in brand name and then listing said items. Each time they take listings down after deeming the product against their terms of service, its a gamble as to whether they ban/suspend the account.

This is why I wanted to seek this option out though as it looks like the HK/china accounts are not getting banned, from looking at their feedback it is all vape items from day one of the account being opened, and some of the accounts appear to be a couple of years old. Which means they arent getting permabanned for listing vapes, like my main account did 6 months ago that had 50K feedback on it.

Starting to believe that ebay for me is no longer a viable option. I will take what you have told me here though and try to reach out to some of my contacts in china/HK to try to get this account going and just see what happens.

I dont understand why ebay doesnt just implement age verification/tobacco vendor verification on their site, they would be raking in millions of dollars daily from items like mine. But

Last edited by spleeb; 07-25-2019 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-28-2019

Also when opening the account, the registration address will obviously have to be a hong kong address but can I use an american address for the shipping/return address without setting off red flags?
-----------------------------------------
I kind of recall Paypal would not let you set a return address in a different country?
so if a buyer opens a case on Paypal and win,Paypal will give him your Paypal return address which may not be what you want .
Now on Ebay,AMZN dropshippers from Israel,Indonesia,Spain,Singapore would give you a return shipping label from AMZN USA,as their own return address on EBay as far as I can see is their own country,or if it is a small amount,they will just refund the buyer without asking for return.
I have seen both cases,sending an AMZN return label or refund without asking for return.
Old 07-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
-----------------------------------------
I kind of recall Paypal would not let you set a return address in a different country?
so if a buyer opens a case on Paypal and win,Paypal will give him your Paypal return address which may not be what you want .
Now on Ebay,AMZN dropshippers from Israel,Indonesia,Spain,Singapore would give you a return shipping label from AMZN USA,as their own return address on EBay as far as I can see is their own country,or if it is a small amount,they will just refund the buyer without asking for return.
I have seen both cases,sending an AMZN return label or refund without asking for return.
Goodness. You always have something to say about things you dont do or know anything about. Please, just stop with making things up.
Old 07-28-2019

I dont make things up,you have a high degree of imagination,I hope it is not hallucination from those 33 cartons?
I live in China/HK for many years,I can read,write and speak 3 Chinese dialects.
You dont have a factory in China,that much I know
Old 07-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I dont make things up,you have a high degree of imagination,I hope it is not hallucination from those 33 cartons?
I live in China/HK for many years,I can read,write and speak 3 Chinese dialects.
You dont have a factory in China,that much I know
Returns..... You select whatever address you want in the country listed on. STOP making crap up. STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP.

You have ZERO EXPERIENCE with this, so shut up. Just stop it. You CAN NOT just make things up imagining they work or dont without giving bad information.

Seeing as you do not stealth and sell random old crap from home on your one low feedback original account, Go away. You do not belong here. This is not a place for you. Go get a hobby. Stop being a parasite and cancer on this forum. Maybe take up fishing.
Old 07-28-2019

should I be fishing for your 33 cartons ?
Old 07-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
China VPNs are often caught by the great wall of china. It is an expensive trial and error because the accounts are often locked up for good. You MUST keep an active phone number.

Become familiar with "Flower server" QQ and teamviewer and painfully slow internet.

This is assuming you have a factory or close friends in China or HK. If not, I dont think this is a long term solution.
if this is all you know,I feel very sorry for you,get an education
Old 07-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I am not an account seller and I do not sell accounts but I would say an account setup you would need in HK would cost a couple grand and would require trust unless you already have a HK Company. Maybe 6-9 months to get cranking. It is easiest if you have some sort of staff or support IN China. I own a factory and have a lot of trust and still, it can be frustrating. Like today... 33 cartons sent to an RV park I stayed at last February. That is was $4500 mistake...
is that all you can afford to stay RV Park?
Is $4500 a lot ?
I will now mute you,you aint worth my time!!!!!!!!!