Newbie question about setting up new Etsy account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 11-17-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Newbie question about setting up new Etsy account

Long story short: I was on etsy for 12 years. Never one issue. Got kicked out because husband set up a shop and used an NBA logo. They said I might be related to that bad account so my 3 shops were done, end of discussion. Now the solution:
So I live in Las Vegas and my Mom lives in California. If I go to CA. and set up a DBA with my Mom's address then go to bank there and open a business checking account with DBA name. Set up a paypal account in new email and banking info.
Open new etsy account using my business name, new bank account new credit card all from California address. Now come back to Vegas and use VPN to hide IP address, remove all cookies then list new stuff for 6 months then slowly filter in the 40 listings I use to have one by one with different pics.
What do you guys think?? Am I missing a big gaping hole that I am going to fall into?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-23-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,546 Times in 2,199 Posts
Activity: 58%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Newbie question about setting up new Etsy account

If you use the same business name on etsy, it'll be a red flag and I don't think they'll let you use the same ID name , would they?
Old 12-03-2017

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsyvictim View Post
Long story short: I was on etsy for 12 years. Never one issue. Got kicked out because husband set up a shop and used an NBA logo. They said I might be related to that bad account so my 3 shops were done, end of discussion. Now the solution:
So I live in Las Vegas and my Mom lives in California. If I go to CA. and set up a DBA with my Mom's address then go to bank there and open a business checking account with DBA name. Set up a paypal account in new email and banking info.
Open new etsy account using my business name, new bank account new credit card all from California address. Now come back to Vegas and use VPN to hide IP address, remove all cookies then list new stuff for 6 months then slowly filter in the 40 listings I use to have one by one with different pics.
What do you guys think?? Am I missing a big gaping hole that I am going to fall into?

I just got shutdown also , would love to compare notes. I would definitely use a different camera cause photos have meta data on it that can be use to track which camera type took it.
Old 12-03-2017

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by estyhatesme View Post
I just got shutdown also , would love to compare notes. I would definitely use a different camera cause photos have meta data on it that can be use to track which camera type took it.
Yes this for sure, also exif cleaners are handy. You can get free EXIF cleaners online fairly easily, helps to remove information from your photos
Old 12-03-2017
Threadstarter  

I've never heard of picture cleaners. I always just thought if I take new photos and process them on my new laptop with different software than I was using before, that would be enough. And the fact that the items are different. I will look into that though. :-)
Old 12-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Ok. Follow up: I just went to the EXIF site and uploaded a pic that I use to use on Etsy and it knew the make and model of my camera? I'm having a Big Brother melt down right now. Now I see why we need the stealth guide.
Old 12-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsyvictim View Post
Ok. Follow up: I just went to the EXIF site and uploaded a pic that I use to use on Etsy and it knew the make and model of my camera? I'm having a Big Brother melt down right now. Now I see why we need the stealth guide.
Good check on your part etsyvictim
Old 12-03-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

Drag and drop software is the easiest. That said photo data is rarely what gets you caught. At least on etsy.