Account suspended immediately after first listing - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 1 Week Ago

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 0%
Default Account suspended immediately after first listing

Long story short, I published my first listing from a new computer connected via Amazon Cloud. IP address is from a data center, not residential.

This must have raised many red flags. Even though my account is a few days old, about 30 minutes after I listed my first item, my account is suspended. I called eBay and the rep said their system is not perfect, and she could see I didn't do anything wrong. Even though it was a red flag to the system that a new account wanted to sell. During our chat, she said there's nothing to worry and made fun that there're so many ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts.

She restored my account in less than 5 minutes.

Then 2 days later, my account got suspended again for doing nothing. I only have one genuine, food item for sale with real photos. Account is verified with real info.

I remember that eBay gave me so many captcha every time I click on a new page. I'm thinking that the IP from a data center raised the red flag and had it indefinitely suspended without the ability to appeal.

Last edited by aspkin; 1 Week Ago at 10:51 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 1 Week Ago

Activity: 44%
Longevity: 19%
Default Re: Account suspended immediately after first listing

You definitely have figured what's wrong with your set-up.
Go ahead and try other IP address solution. Best of luck
Old 1 Week Ago

Activity: 32%
Longevity: 20%

Recently not always something wrong while creating new accounts. It is just EBAY is getting more and more stricter than before.
The Following User Says Thank You to tedsmith1990 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 12%

this is the result of the dilemma that ebay have now

they are suspending new members as replacement for a proper verification they should do with every new seller but are afraid to do because they fear that this may scare off many small sellers

so instead they just suspend and conduct phone interrogations , I think they will eventually start real initial verification for everyone with passport , proof of address etc.
Old 1 Week Ago
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 68%
Longevity: 0%

They dont just close accounts for nothing, there is some reason why they close it.
Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,231 Times in 1,041 Posts
Activity: 78%
Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLK View Post
Long story short, I published my first listing from a new computer connected via Amazon Cloud. IP address is from a data center, not residential.

This must have raised many red flags. Even though my account is a few days old, about 30 minutes after I listed my first item, my account is suspended. I called eBay and the rep said their system is not perfect, and she could see I didn't do anything wrong. Even though it was a red flag to the system that a new account wanted to sell. During our chat, she said there's nothing to worry and made fun that there're so many ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts.

She restored my account in less than 5 minutes.

Then 2 days later, my account got suspended again for doing nothing. I only have one genuine, food item for sale with real photos. Account is verified with real info.

I remember that eBay gave me so many captcha every time I click on a new page. I'm thinking that the IP from a data center raised the red flag and had it indefinitely suspended without the ability to appeal.

Not sure which VPN you used, but unless it's from IPBurger I can't vouch for it.

Also food items are generally risky due to the health nature of it.

Did you also follow the stealth guide when creating the account?