Ebay made it tougher for creating new accounts nowdays, and our adaption to it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-19-2020

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 90%
Default Ebay made it tougher for creating new accounts nowdays, and our adaption to it?

From my personal experience and fellow forum members It s certain that Ebay made some major changes so that it s harder to create new seller accounts. Personally I have about 50% of the time the account got suspended after first listing or first sale. and when I call in some asking for ID and utility bill and some were not given the option and gone forever. From my personal trial and error here s my two cents on how to adapt to the changes, could be wrong and input or correction are welcomed.

1.even with new user account try using different browser, that eliminate the fingerprint etc there are about 8 browsing softwares available so should be enough for most stealthers

2.always always use real phone number(sim card) with area code matching the registration address

3.give some browsing history(watch some items) for a few days before listing

4.List used low risk items like everyday brand clothings

5.For name and address somehow the total made up one works better than the ones with real info, because when you use someone matching their database info you get an account with large initial limit like 25000 but then ebay will monitor the account with extra attention and the account is more likely to get suspended after first sale or so. May not be true just based on my recent experience.

That s just my contribution for now will add more later

Also any of you tried upload creative IDs or utility bill on the first suspension yet? do they work I havent done so as they are all new account I am not sure if it worth trying.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-19-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Ebay made it tougher for creating new accounts nowdays, and our adaption to it?

computer user acc are very imported i only use firefox that is it. by having user accounts it keep all the tracking and crap all on one user account it can never get switched to another one. also never give admin rights to the other users acc. that way ebay has a hard time installing custom .dll files on it. also i buy real cell phones then port them when the time is right
Old 01-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Ebay made it tougher for creating new accounts nowdays, and our adaption to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Your first suggestion has alarm bells ringing for me before we've even started account creation. It's no longer wise to use different browsers, it's now considered essential to have separate user accounts on your PC, ideally via virtual machines....
1. OP did not imply using different browsers within one user account. He made it clear that his suggestion was in addition to a user account which I think is a good idea.

2. Op was talking about US accounts so his point may not have been to contradict what hold sway in the UK

5. I can't say for sure here but while OP could have worded it clearer, I suspect what OP meant by totally made up address = Existing address + fictitious name. This is implied by the contrast he made about using real info to get high limits.

I could be wrong but that's the way I see it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
haohigh (01-19-2020)
Old 01-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekings99 View Post
computer user acc are very imported i only use firefox that is it. by having user accounts it keep all the tracking and crap all on one user account it can never get switched to another one. also never give admin rights to the other users acc. that way ebay has a hard time installing custom .dll files on it. also i buy real cell phones then port them when the time is right
My theory is that user accounts are not 100% sufficient anymore. There are too many complaints on this forum to suggest that eBay has improved on it's tracking methods.

eBay does not inject .dll files into your computer even if you allow elevated privileges on user accounts. And by the way, .dll files are harmless to computers. It is a simple library that contains a set of information or functions. Functions that can only be called by an executable file (.exe for example) - therefore, eBay will also be dropping an executable file to call the .dll functions. eBay will not be doing that anytime soon.

Should they want to, they have methods that are legal and far less sinister - which they could use to gather staggering information about their users just from the browser alone.
Old 01-19-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Do you really think that user accounts are compromised and eBay is doing something we are not aware of?

I'm still doing everything the same per stealth guide and so far 0 problems.

It could also be that these people who are complaining might have overlooked something and got blind sided then blamed it on user accounts.

I've seen way too many people being 100% sure the problem is A but after dissecting everything the problem ended up being something completely different
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
cafonabob1 (02-01-2020), Deals4365 (02-15-2020)
Old 01-19-2020

Longevity: 29%

From my experiences, different user accounts work fine on Windows 7. Windows 10 has been a different story for me. I think that the fact that Microsoft requires sign-up when setting up a new Windows 10 PC or laptop, they make you agree to all sorts of things when you hit the agree to the user agreement button. They have something called one drive and something else that syncs everything. Great for casual public wanting to share photos, files, etc. but horrible for stealth. This is all done by Microsoft to data-mine everything which is already rampant on Facebook, Android phones, etc. Privacy is gone.
That said, my Windows 7 PC's have three user accounts on each and they never have been linked. (Data-mining and sharing wasn't a "thing" when Windows 7 was introduced)
There are some that say Windows XP is even better, but these computers and laptops are scarce and slow. Windows 7 used and refurbished units are still cheap and plentiful.
I like to user separate browsers on each stealth account:
One account uses Chrome
One uses Internet Explorer
One uses Firefox
This limits me to just 3 users per computer, but I love the safely of this approach....absolutely un-linkable.
As for addresses and names, most are good, a little are bad and it's a gamble with odds in your favor that you'll make a good one.
OP is spot on when stating that you must use a real phone. Others on this forum disagree with that, yet complain when every one of their accounts get suspended everytime.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steveo036940 For This Useful Post:
NovaC (04-04-2020), Ravenswood (02-02-2020), robjobs (05-28-2023)
Old 01-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%

Im surprised the IP issue has not even been mentioned.
From everything Im reading and seeing the IP solution is one of the biggest problems and the root causes for most of the issues people are facing today. Ebay has certainly improved its ability to spot proxies and VPNs and is acting when they notice those.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
sonmilan00 (03-04-2020)
Old 01-19-2020

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

I thought with IPBurger,you dont have an IP problem?
As for one drive,I have it on my pc under window 10,but never use it.
There seems to be a feature which will let you revert back from 10 to Window 7,it is on one of my PCs.
Old 01-19-2020

yes,on this pc ,there is backup and restore window 7,if you have upgraded to window 10 from window 7,you can go back to window 7.
Old 01-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 90%

thanks for your reply

for different browser I meant in different user account of course.

also I am talking about US accounts

I am using phone tethering, may not be perfect but saves me a lot of hustle

to make it clearer real info means real name + matching address in public data base, made up info means made up name + real random address

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Your first suggestion has alarm bells ringing for me before we've even started account creation. It's no longer wise to use different browsers, it's now considered essential to have separate user accounts on your PC, ideally via virtual machines.

As for area code matching your location when using mobile SIMs, is that even a thing? It certainly isn't here in the UK.

As for address choice, then I'm simply going to disagree with you, I don't use made up addresses and can't say I've seen your experiences mirrored in mine.

As for creative documents then experiences shared on this forum is that the failure rate is extremely high. That said, what other options do you have on stealth accounts particularly where, like you, the address doesn't even exist.
Old 01-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I thought with IPBurger,you dont have an IP problem?
From what I understand theres a disclaimer now stating that even IPBurger VPNs should not be used when listing your first item. At last that's what some of my customers have reported to me. If that is incorrect please correct me and accept my apologies in advance.
Old 01-19-2020

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Im surprised the IP issue has not even been mentioned.
From everything Im reading and seeing the IP solution is one of the biggest problems and the root causes for most of the issues people are facing today. Ebay has certainly improved its ability to spot proxies and VPNs and is acting when they notice those.
You are spot-on.
I've had problems getting some accounts up and running using VPN's (some purchased even from you plus some homemade) and since have not had a single problem since using mobile data for account creation and sustainability.
Even though IPBurger and 24vc are the best choices for VPN's (some of my older accounts are running fine on them), mobile data IP's and an unused Residential IP still works flawlessly.
Old 01-21-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Do you really think that user accounts are compromised?
Well, I do not think so. I do not feel user accounts need to be compromised for eBay to collect sufficient information to identify us. Browsers now avail websites everything they need to do that.

Quote:
and eBay is doing something we are not aware of?
eBay doing something new? Absolutely, yes. Just look at the surge in complaints in the last few months. I've been here for a while, and this is unlike the security that's usually implemented for the last quarter.
Do we all know what eBay did? No. But my guess is (and this is a guess) some people on this forum are well aware of this.

Quote:
I'm still doing everything the same per stealth guide and so far 0 problems.
Quite a good thing that it is working out for you, but some threads are stating the contrary. I'm not going to say that these users have done everything 100% as instructed, but these threads exist and their numbers seem to go up exponentially in recent months.

Quote:
It could also be that these people who are complaining might have overlooked something and got blind sided then blamed it on user accounts.
I've seen way too many people being 100% sure the problem is A but after dissecting everything the problem ended up being something completely different
While this may be true in some cases, it would not explain the surge of suspensions on new accounts. Neither will it explain some threads posted by others whom I might consider veteran stealthers, yet post threads that start out similar to this:
"I have been making accounts for ten years, but suddenly, all my account are getting suspended..."

"X of my aged accounts have gotten suspended this year, but I've always followed the stealth rules..."

There are loads of examples of people who have been successful at stealth in the past but suddenly find their success rate slashed.

If eBay has switched gears on us, one method to catch up will be to
Observe ---> Establish there are new problems ---> Research & apply solutions.

My guess is some of us are scattered across this spectrum and the rest of us aren't even on it yet.

I guess the coming months will hopefully put things into perspective.
Old 01-21-2020

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

My very recent experience with eBay shows that all new accounts are suspended after listing first item, the suspension notice does not say it is for verification purpose but if you look down the content it says if you feel this has been done in error contact them. They want a phone call from new buyers so they can do a public database verification once that verification is passed you can literally list how many items you want if you are not listing VERO or high risk items.

The older accounts not verified from public records are being suspended for the same reason and needs a telephone call to get them reinstated.

The reason for this is that managed payments are being rolled out and if they can not verify an existing account they will suspend it pending it being passed.

The accounts that are on managed accounts have not been suspended in bulk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
Estarossa (02-04-2020), M_Little (07-12-2020)
Old 01-21-2020

Ayden is by invitation only,so if they have the Ayden accounts,they must have passed the verification already
Old 01-21-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Ayden is by invitation only,so if they have the Ayden accounts,they must have passed the verification already
Adyen.
Old 01-21-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
From what I understand theres a disclaimer now stating that even IPburger VPNs should not be used when listing your first item. At last that's what some of my customers have reported to me. If that is incorrect please correct me and accept my apologies in advance.
You sell accounts, YOU TELL US!
Old 01-21-2020

You can use ipburger for the first listing and creation of the account if you have a Fresh IP account.
Old 01-21-2020

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post

The older accounts not verified from public records are being suspended for the same reason and needs a telephone call to get them reinstated.
I don't believe this is correct. I have an account that was created 3 months ago and no problems with listing first item. It was a purchased account from here and I let it age under my IP for 30 days before first listing.

So far I've had a few accounts suspended on first listings, but reactivated after contacting ebay on twitter. They just wanted to know how much stuff I was going to sell and where I got it from.

Also, if you are a bit technical, it's safer to run a VM per account (i know some thing this is overkill but better safe than sorry). I have 6 accounts and they all run on it's own linux VM with Firefox and a dedicated shadowsocks IP

For the browser fingerprinting issue listed by OP, all my VM's come up with the same browser fingerprint on sites like browserleaks.com but no problems, so I don't think this matters (yet).

Make sure your timezone and the VPN IP timezone match Use sites like https://doileak.com or https://proxy6.net/en/privacy to check for wholes on your IP stealth setup.

Make sure WEBRTC is disabled on your browser.
Old 01-21-2020

Longevity: 77%

For me it still the same
Old 01-21-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainkod View Post
I don't believe this is correct. I have an account that was created 3 months ago and no problems with listing first item. It was a purchased account from here and I let it age under my IP for 30 days before first listing.

So far I've had a few accounts suspended on first listings, but reactivated after contacting ebay on twitter. They just wanted to know how much stuff I was going to sell and where I got it from.

Also, if you are a bit technical, it's safer to run a VM per account (i know some thing this is overkill but better safe than sorry). I have 6 accounts and they all run on it's own linux VM with Firefox and a dedicated shadowsocks IP

For the browser fingerprinting issue listed by OP, all my VM's come up with the same browser fingerprint on sites like browserleaks.com but no problems, so I don't think this matters (yet).

Make sure your timezone and the VPN IP timezone match Use sites like https://doileak.com or https://proxy6.net/en/privacy to check for wholes on your IP stealth setup.

Make sure WEBRTC is disabled on your browser.
All accounts created in the past 3 months need more than what are you selling and where are you getting the product. They now need to know date of birth so they can access driving licenses for your height, what color car you drive how long you have lived at the address and what companies are you affiliated with.

I have created 3 accounts in the last 3 months all 1,000 $25,000 all suspended after first listing, all went through verification of public records and were reactivated.

Before October they just did the occasional verification about what are you selling and how much.
Old 01-21-2020

Longevity: 48%

Well, might be something you are doing different. Like I said, so far I haven't been asked public database questions, and certainly not license # or dob, and I very much doubt the seller of the account did this either for the purchased account made in early October.