Is ebay stealth finished??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-13-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 15%
Default Is ebay stealth finished???

I'm sorry, but I don't see a solution to eBay managed payments requiring SSN (without stealing someone else's SSN which is ILLEGAL and can end you up in prison).

I've considered creating an LLC and using an EIN, but I called eBay and they informed me that I would still need to provide my personal info (last 4 of SSN as well as DOB) because I am the owner of the business.

I assume my SSN and DOB has been blacklisted. Is there no way around this?

From what I can see, eBay Stealth is finished unless I steal someone's identity, which I will *not* do.
The Following User Says Thank You to cookiepies For This Useful Post:
sureness (08-13-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2021
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Is ebay stealth finished???

I forgot to say: any help would be GREATLY appreciated
Old 08-13-2021

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via Skype™ to HelpNeeded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiepies View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't see a solution to eBay managed payments requiring SSN (without stealing someone else's SSN which is ILLEGAL and can end you up in prison).

I've considered creating an LLC and using an EIN, but I called eBay and they informed me that I would still need to provide my personal info (last 4 of SSN as well as DOB) because I am the owner of the business.

I assume my SSN and DOB has been blacklisted. Is there no way around this?

From what I can see, eBay Stealth is finished unless I steal someone's identity, which I will *not* do.

Yes even with a business account you have to have a stakeholder in the company provide last 4 of SSN and DOB to sign up for MP. My info has definitely been blacklisted over and over, but I was just able to make an account about a week ago using my SSN and DOB, and even some shared other info that would link me, but still got the green light. I am not sure, but I think that there has to be a certain number of flags to go off to fully link you. I mean you share your DOB with how many other people? And just the last 4 of your SSN isn't enough. Then again, I did have to verify my account with public record questions.. so I guess that negates my last statement in a sense. But its still doable. Just harder.
The Following User Says Thank You to HelpNeeded! For This Useful Post:
cookiepies (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021

Activity: 78%
Longevity: 46%

if you were not suspended being on MP already then you can use your personal details without problems. ebay allow suspended users back in as long as the suspension did not take place on MP
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
cookiepies (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
if you were not suspended being on MP already then you can use your personal details without problems. ebay allow suspended users back in as long as the suspension did not take place on MP
A buying account from more than a year ago was suddenly suspended (unpaid item cases). I didn't know it was linked to my selling account, and my selling account was suspended too (I was enrolled in managed payments and had provided SSN).

Is what you are saying means that because a buying account was suspended, just the info on that is blacklisted, and even though my selling account was suspended, it was suspended indirectly, so all of its info is not blacklisted? Just the info on the first account?
Old 08-13-2021

Quote:
A buying account from more than a year ago was suddenly suspended (unpaid item cases). I didn't know it was linked to my selling account, and my selling account was suspended too (I was enrolled in managed payments and had provided SSN).

Is what you are saying means that because a buying account was suspended, just the info on that is blacklisted, and even though my selling account was suspended, it was suspended indirectly, so all of its info is not blacklisted? Just the info on the first account?
it is possible it is not blacklisted because suspensions have different levels. there are heavy ones like copyright and selling dangerous items , there you are likely to be taken out completely

but there are also others like random suspensions of new accounts for example where there are tons of example of people selling on ebay for years and getting suspended on trying to open new accounts with same details but at the same time their established accounts continue selling as normal
Old 08-13-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
it is possible it is not blacklisted because suspensions have different levels. there are heavy ones like copyright and selling dangerous items , there you are likely to be taken out completely

but there are also others like random suspensions of new accounts for example where there are tons of example of people selling on ebay for years and getting suspended on trying to open new accounts with same details but at the same time their established accounts continue selling as normal
To be honest, I'm not 100% sure why the buying account was suspended. I had requested several INR/SNAD claims but nothing out of the ordinary. I did have several unpaid item cases so I assumed it was that.

When I called eBay they said the suspension was final, could not be appealed, and they couldn't tell me what I did wrong lest I circumvented the suspension.
Old 08-13-2021

Quote:
To be honest, I'm not 100% sure why the buying account was suspended. I had requested several INR/SNAD claims but nothing out of the ordinary. I did have several unpaid item cases so I assumed it was that.

When I called eBay they said the suspension was final, could not be appealed, and they couldn't tell me what I did wrong lest I circumvented the suspension.
could be random again
Old 08-14-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
could be random again
While something might feel random, there is likely some flag tripped up when carefully analyzed with all details
Old 08-15-2021

Thanked 1,103 Times in 1,039 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 33%

unpaid item strikes,disputes over INR,INAD,UA means you are a hazard to Ebay seller community,so you are suspended.

Ebay just released earnings,saying there is 2% less active buyers ?
AMZN forward guidance is that sales is slowing down?
Ditto with Etsy.
So either buyers are going back to brick and mortar stores OR they have spent their stimulus checks .
Higher shipping cost and sales tax are two more reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdude View Post
Less active buyers sure, and I bet even less sellers. There is no way this MP bull sh*t is not hurting their numbers.

Ill give it a year before they go back haha.
there is never less sellers.
Less sellers is good,as the surviving sellers would make more money,provide better customer service and stop cutting corners on packing and shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdude View Post
Less active buyers sure, and I bet even less sellers. There is no way this MP bull sh*t is not hurting their numbers.

Go back to what??
Paypal?
No way,like AMZN one click, Ebay needs extra income from MP as sales stay stagnant.

By now most retail stores have website and free shipping with $35 purchase,I bought from Macy twice recently,I am shocked how fast they deliver.
I can also buy brand new appliances on WMT,BBY.HD,TGT with free shipping ,why buy old beat up ones with shipping from Ebay sellers?

what do you mean by so much stuff?
buying from Macy,Target,Walmart,AMZN every one does .
I just came back from Home Depot,I bought paint,and some plants replacing those destroyed by the last storm.
Surprised that on Sunday ,not many shoppers??

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-31-2022 at 08:18 AM. Reason: double posting
Old 08-15-2021

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Ebay just released earnings,saying there is 2% less active buyers ?
AMZN forward guidance is that sales is slowing down?
Ditto with Etsy.
So either buyers are going back to brick and mortar stores OR they have spent their stimulus checks .
Higher shipping cost and sales tax are two more reasons
The Following User Says Thank You to ghostdude For This Useful Post:
PepsiCoin (08-15-2021)
Old 08-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Excruciatingly difficult and expensive? Yes. Finished? No.
Old 08-15-2021

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
By now most retail stores have website and free shipping with $35 purchase,I bought from Macy twice recently,I am shocked how fast they deliver.
I can also buy brand new appliances on WMT,BBY.HD,TGT with free shipping ,why buy old beat up ones with shipping from Ebay sellers?
how do you know so much stuff?
Old 08-15-2021

Quote:
there is never less sellers.
Less sellers is good,as the surviving sellers would make more money,provide better customer service and stop cutting corners on packing and shipping.
there are already less sellers and higher prices on amazon , ebay are just copying their model. there will be less sellers and items , the prices will be higher and this will make ebay less competitive for buyers. amazon do not need to mind such an issue as they do not need many sellers , it is different with ebay though
Old 08-16-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
there are already less sellers and higher prices on amazon , ebay are just copying their model. there will be less sellers and items , the prices will be higher and this will make ebay less competitive for buyers. amazon do not need to mind such an issue as they do not need many sellers , it is different with ebay though
Yes. Their policy is not yet clear. It seems to me that these actions will not lead the ebay to a good end.
Old 08-16-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilla View Post
Yes. Their policy is not yet clear. It seems to me that these actions will not lead the ebay to a good end.
after initial profit surge on MP ebay will have a stagnation. the argument that the quality will become a lot better so everything will become a lot better is not valid because less competition means higher prices and buyers will start looking elsewhere as well once they see that many sellers disappeared and the remaining ones decided to cash in on this
Old 08-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
after initial profit surge on MP ebay will have a stagnation. the argument that the quality will become a lot better so everything will become a lot better is not valid because less competition means higher prices and buyers will start looking elsewhere as well once they see that many sellers disappeared and the remaining ones decided to cash in on this
I don’t argue)) They also say that in this way they fight against scammers. But such people will always be able to register their own accounts.
Old 08-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Argument from eb is about quality.

eb stock hit an all time high few days back so confidence is up...
Old 08-18-2021

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post

Facts I seen that brodie.
Old 08-18-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post

confidence comes and goes. if buyers leave that will not be that easy to get them back and rising prices are in issue if competition gets reduced