Has anyone created a new sellers account in the past few days and not had problems? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedakid View Post
ya..... its just about being careful..... sometimes i seem to forget what user account im logged into and check fb and then get banned or I check other banned emails lol so its basically just be careful of what you are surfing on the web, then you are fine....
Been there done that, another key is don't get greedy trying to keep too much money in a paypal account. I have lost thousands before because I figured, hey, ill withdraw it once it hits $1,000. BOOM got limited and the moneys gone.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2011

Longevity: 73%

Same here. Been creating stealth accounts and selling without a single problem. Have 15 up and running, from 60-90 days old. All XXXX details on E & P, with bank verified/linked P, real addresses are of a brand new home for sale somewhere in town, tracfone, boost or google voice phone numbers, all other details completely made up. Different user accounts for each, cycle my IP for new address each account change, track the IP to be sure no duplicates, the works.

Been creating other XXX accounts constantly as backups, have 15 or so completed and ready to go anytime with linked paypal, etc, all about 30-45 days old, been leaving them to age, just in case I want to expand or need to replace the older ones.

Went to sell yesterday, listed 1 item on each of two previously unused 40+ day old accounts, 1 kids jacket on one, 1 woman's blouse on the other, both for $3.99 starting auction. Generic stuff, no name brands, wally world type things.

Both auctions taken down within 15 minutes, both accounts restricted, both MC999, call within 48 hours or they will be closed.

All my original accounts are just fine, able to re-list without problems.

Called on both, waited very long time, (1-1/2 hours on one) one CS said he would ask multiple choice questions to verify, put me on hold then came back and said 'never mind, you're clear, go ahead and list, everything's okay', (re-listed with no problem) one said 'you are a danger to the E community and we are ending our business relationship immediately'.

I'm guess this is what the OP is talking about.

I'm guessing that they're clamping down due to the holidays, anticipating possible fraud or other trouble. They can't possibly keep this up on an ongoing basis, the CS reps are obvious overwhelmed and going under fast.

Unsure whether to keep on trying adding stuff for sale to the other accounts right now or not. Setting up an account and linking P to a bank for verification is time-consuming, particularly if I have to spend 90 minutes on the phone every time I have to call, and if I only pass 50% of the verifications (maybe less if I just got lucky the first time) it'll burn up lots of time and time is my most valuable asset....

On the other hand, I can rack up a lot of sales during the holidays... also not sure what to do. :(
Old 11-26-2011

Longevity: 85%

Not sure what the problem is but this seems to be happening all the time during the holiday season.
I will be selling on new accounts soon so I'll report back.

Keep us updated.
Old 11-26-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
Wow, I don't know what you guys are doing wrong, but I'm selling across 80+ eBay accounts and have created about a dozen new ones in the past week, without any problems at all.
Wow, 80+ ? How do you manage so many bank accounts or ways to withdraw?
Old 11-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I guess the recent posters did not notice the thread started back in the dark ages of 2009?
lakeman (11-26-2011), LoopHole (11-26-2011)
Old 11-26-2011

Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

think we should get TIME-TEAM in and start an archeological dig

see what treasures we find
Old 11-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

The more I read, the more I see why users get tripped up with stealth.

They do not PAY ATTENTION to what they do.

Guys, a gentle reminder READ everything carefully before taking action.
Old 11-26-2011

Spent a lot of time reading and re-reading threads but either didn't see the 2009 one, or didn't recognize it as being applicable.

Often the older (and sometimes the new) threads seem to contain outdated/contradictory info, or pertain to one country but not another.

I'd love to read it. Link please?
Old 11-27-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

I Can't even keep up with 20. And now 80? lol
Old 11-29-2011

Update: went back to drawing board and made some changes.

1. uploaded picture to E from photobucket instead of my laptop
2. used 7 day auction instead of 3 day auction
3. here is the possibility I find most interesting and worth consideration:
I read an article that claims many 'bots (including banks and credit card processors) flag for human review people who copy and paste data into the information boxes on forms. I have noticed that E doesn't allow the pasting of email addresses and some other data into the registration forms, and I wonder if a 'bot watches for this.
A few years ago I wrote a program using data from an excel spreadsheet to create the HTML code for a detailed ad. This compiler uses the raw data points on a spreadsheet to build a different ad format for each separate E computer user account, including different borders, background, font, etc. It also compiles the data into the various required formats for any of the other auction sites I sell on.
This is a huge time saver in creating ads. Before I was restricted, it enabled me to create, update and upload hundreds of unique listings every day through file exchange programs.
Accounts that don't have a store don't have access to the file exchange system, so they have to be written into the sell your item form manually. It saves gobs of time to have the title and item description pre-written, and then just copy and paste them onto the form.
Maybe during this time of year, if an account is relatively new, copying and pasting of complex data raises flags. Most new users would lack the skills and experience to use the E system to this extent.
I dumbed my ad down to basic black and white text, no colors, backgrounds, etc., and typed the title and ad in manually.

Some combination of the above changes worked. The last four accounts I started listing on in the past two days stayed up, no mc999, no restriction or 'call us' notices.

Maybe some of these suggestions will help.
Old 12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
Been there done that, another key is don't get greedy trying to keep too much money in a paypal account. I have lost thousands before because I figured, hey, ill withdraw it once it hits $1,000. BOOM got limited and the moneys gone.
So the rule is to not have too much or too little? Not over 600 but not under 100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedakid View Post
ya bogus everything lol.......... everything is fine unless you dont update ur info and phone number or sell something very high risk...
So the rule here is if we can't find our own gift cards and have to buy them off other people, we're screwed because we can't change the phone number they used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
I guess the recent posters did not notice the thread started back in the dark ages of 2009?
Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
3. here is the possibility I find most interesting and worth consideration:
I read an article that claims many 'bots (including banks and credit card processors) flag for human review people who copy and paste data into the information boxes on forms. I have noticed that E doesn't allow the pasting of email addresses and some other data into the registration forms, and I wonder if a 'bot watches for this.
Nicely thought!

Quote:

1. uploaded picture to E from photobucket instead of my laptop
You do this because u think e may be tracking mac?
Old 12-03-2011

When you upload pictures from a file on your computer, I've noticed E keeps a record of where it is located, i.e. the location such as: my computer name - pics - file A, for example.

When you begin to upload a new picture for a new listing, E goes to the previously used location on your computer by default to look for the new picture.

Obviously this data is stored somewhere in their system, and although it may not be used directly to link accounts, it may be available if manually reviewed or if prompted by a CS rep when looking for similarities between suspected problem accounts.

I've begun to open a new photobucket account for each E account and use that link for pictures as a safeguard, just in case. No reason not too, probably just paranoid, but getting accounts set up and aged is too much effort to waste by not being careful.
Old 12-05-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
OP, yes I have created one in last week, no id probs, start slow....Ive already sold 8 small things on it.....
do you buy on new acct;s - its making me nervous, but im also nervous about contacting sellers to post to alternatives addresses.
Old 12-05-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
When you upload pictures from a file on your computer, I've noticed E keeps a record of where it is located, i.e. the location such as: my computer name - pics - file A, for example.

When you begin to upload a new picture for a new listing, E goes to the previously used location on your computer by default to look for the new picture.

Obviously this data is stored somewhere in their system, and although it may not be used directly to link accounts, it may be available if manually reviewed or if prompted by a CS rep when looking for similarities between suspected problem accounts.

I've begun to open a new photobucket account for each E account and use that link for pictures as a safeguard, just in case. No reason not too, probably just paranoid, but getting accounts set up and aged is too much effort to waste by not being careful.

I feel this is a very important step - make sure your images are in the correct relative accounts.
Old 12-05-2011

Longevity: 85%

I've always wondered if this would affect accounts and I guess I does. Good thing I didn't forget to make a new photobucket account for each eBay account!
Old 12-05-2011

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
I've always wondered if this would affect accounts and I guess I does. Good thing I didn't forget to make a new photobucket account for each eBay account!
Obviously diff photo will not harm.
I am using diff Folder for every Eb/Window user in my PC , and use diff photos.

Just curious am i same safe as i would use photobucket ?
Old 12-09-2011

Longevity: 72%

I have been making 3 a day every day for the past 3 weeks no issues nothing new, business as usual
Old 12-10-2011

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd View Post
Obviously diff photo will not harm.
I am using diff Folder for every Eb/Window user in my PC , and use diff photos.

Just curious am i same safe as i would use photobucket ?
If you don't already remove the exif data from your personal pics you should look into doing it....there is a ton of info that is stored in them and it will be common throughout all your personally taken digital pics from the same camera
Old 12-11-2011

Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow View Post
If you don't already remove the exif data from your personal pics you should look into doing it....there is a ton of info that is stored in them and it will be common throughout all your personally taken digital pics from the same camera
yeah its easy to do too

this is a good,easy to use...exif removal programme

exifcleaner

easy to set up,user friendly too
The Following User Says Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (12-25-2011)
Old 01-16-2014

Longevity: 59%
Send a message via Yahoo to qdo
Default Re: Has anyone created a new sellers account in the past few days and not had problem

Created a new account about 5 days ago. Immediately was hit with MC999. Called in, verified my account and eBay immediately raised my limit to 25/1,250. No other issues to report since then.
Old 01-16-2014

Longevity: 71%
Default Re: Has anyone created a new sellers account in the past few days and not had problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by qdo View Post
Created a new account about 5 days ago. Immediately was hit with MC999. Called in, verified my account and eBay immediately raised my limit to 25/1,250. No other issues to report since then.
they they just decide to raise the limit over the phone or did you take the questionnaire thing?