What is VERO ? Understanding VERO. So I can just vero anyone I want? Vero examples - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-09-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default ebay can remove vero/unauthorized items after auction end

ebay can remove vero/unauthorized items even after auction end
i did not know that...wow.
is this something new? because ive had a few of mine get removed recently like that.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-09-2007

Yes eBay has removed my auctions after they ended. I believe it is less common then removing active listings.
Old 12-09-2007
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Good luck for eBay if the buyer already paid haha
Old 12-09-2007

weird thing it removed an auction that was like 2 days over.... and the dude paid already and i shipped out. another 2 they havent paid yet... :( so now i gota relist.
Old 12-09-2007
Banned

They started doing this a few years back, to mess up your sales. When they made it an invalid item, it also sent him an email warning him not to pay, so if he has not received it yet, he will probably will be emailing shortly to see what is going on or filling paypal complaint. As long as you has tracking number you should be fine though.
Old 12-09-2007

ok cool so im kinda safe. i started shipping everything with tracking a year back after i had an ugly dispute with someone saying they didnt receive an item
Old 12-09-2007

HI- MY acct mgr was asked this- she told me they do that because the items still show up in a search somewhere- so they have to do the formal ending....
Old 12-10-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

They show up to 3 months, so they could remove all the way back to there if they want to.
Old 12-22-2007

Angry Non Specific Vero violations and item listing restrictions

Hi all ,

This is just great at last i get back on ebay and now they have a whole new armoury waiting. Firstly you now can't list certain items with certain details in the titles or multiples even of a different item e.g. I have two rare promo photos from transformers, won't let me list them with transformers in the title which is Great, what a joke. My account is 30+ days old, over 10 feedback and has fully verified and attached paypal account WTF. Then I randomly get vero'ed for random items stating some waffle about following vero policy yet no vero owner listed. I disputed this via the ever helpful ebay joke (sorry customer services) and after the usual 3 repeat copy and paste terms and conditions responses I'm at a dead end. I requested to be put in contact with the vero owner, i know there is no vero owner as I have full rights for these photos but just wanted to see the response. Again the same copy and paste email in other words they now have a vero automated system which you can't even appeal against WTF are they on the wind up? Aspkin I remmeber you had an appeal form posted on here somehwere can you direct me to it and I'll see if that can get any result. I mean now I jump thru every hoop and they just make a reason up to take out items I have full rights to sell this is just beyond a joke. Please someone open up some competition as this monopoly is taking the piXX.

Thanks
mudrat
Old 12-22-2007

Default Same boat

Hi all,

Glad someone posted this, just started a thread about this very issue. It appears now ebay have an automated vero system that just sweeps ebay taking people out randomly with no vero owners involved at all. How can they do this i mean previously they had a least a half credible arguement now they just put new sysetms in and thats it no appeal nothing. I am in the same boat listed items with no copyright attached, royalty free and have proof to back this up yet bang they send me the usual copy and paste responses whenever I appeal against them taking my items out. Aspkin did you not post an appeal form some time back?

PS Mine is a new ID about 40 days old so seems it is something implemented recently Jamesy
Old 12-22-2007

Longevity: 94%
Angry eBay Pogroms: Organized Massacre of Helpless Sellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
So I just got canned (again)

I sell prints of pictures which are my own works and the copyright is owned by me. I've had 2 IP lawyers take a look at my business and make recommendations on how to stay within evilbay's intellectual property rules. despite their work, I got chopped once again.

now the thing is, I set up a new account about 2 months ago and was selling my items very cheaply because I hooked up with a new manufacturer who halfed my production costs. because of this I was offering my items at very very good prices.

so in the space of a month I'd done 250+ sales (more than double my usual sales level), had no vero's, no listings removed for any reason. all of a sudden I get to 250 and bam! you are indefinitely gone.

I got a notice saying that a rights holder had signed a complaint and a number of listings had been removed. now the listings that were removed were completely at random. I've researched each person on the list, most are dead already (!) and there is absolutely no way that they all could have been connected.

It seems like some kid at T&S has just thought 'this guy's doing too well, too quickly. I have a **** job working for ebay so I'm gonna mess with someone else'

this is crazy - T&S are taking this dumping business to a whole new level. I cannot believe that you can get canned completely out of the blue like this. no listing removed, no take the vero tutorial, etc etc.

I wonder if there is some kind of review when you hit certain sales levels - being number of items or $$$ amounts.

any thoughts anybody?

j
Think of your local police precinct. Every beat cop has to make a quota: hand out (20 tickets a day) , and make arrests (usually 2 day). Think about it.

eBay does the same thing.

And, eBay doesn't follow the letter of the law. They believe they are above it. And the VERO are the eBay version of the Nazi Gestapo. The eBay police.

That's why they are under indictment on multiple violations of the RICO act. (Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations). There are pending future cases against them under the same law. They commit crimes that further their business.
The VERO system is ambiguous. Their claim that the "property rights owner" filed a complaint is probably real, or half-real. I'm sure there a place on the web where one can learn how to scam a seller out of his listings by posing as a rights owner. It's out there.
Remember, if you're wondering why these things happen to you on eBay, it happens to 99% of all members on eBay. It built into their system to hire "rats" to harass sellers.

The work of secret competition, and random "purges" or better, "pogroms" against sellers.
Old 12-22-2007

Longevity: 99%

I've been experiencing this too. Before I can list 3 of X item now I can only list 1. This is ridiculous!
Old 12-22-2007

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebay View Post
I've been experiencing this too. Before I can list 3 of X item now I can only list 1. This is ridiculous!
It's called corporate slavery.

eBay limits its' sellers from making a sustained living with arbitrary rules and regulations that have no meaning in the real world of internet selling and marketing.

Why shouldn't they allow you to list unlimited items? They own and control you as long as you sell there. They have your bank account and personal info, and use spyware to track its' users.
Members who sell must give up certain rights of liberty protected by the U.S. Constitution when you apply to sell on their site. You are basically allowing them to manipulate you at any cost to you, and not them.
Old 12-22-2007

i noticed this too, if you list more than 1 item, ebay has more chance of taking all your items down. (vero mostly)
i just listed a big ticket vero item, on a 2 day account...still there.....
another account, was around a month old, listed 2 of the same type of item, both taken out.
Old 12-23-2007

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotinfo View Post
i noticed this too, if you list more than 1 item, ebay has more chance of taking all your items down. (vero mostly)
i just listed a big ticket vero item, on a 2 day account...still there.....
another account, was around a month old, listed 2 of the same type of item, both taken out.
Yea, but I've been able to open a new account today with merchant account verification and the new account can post multiple items (less than 5) today. But probably not the second week.
Old 12-31-2007

Thumbs down Suspension for vero

Well after repeatedly contacting monkey support and changing listings, words etc I still get vero'ed and now am suspended for items which do not have a vero owner. This is getting stupid now, basically ebay can just take you down and make a reason up with no appeal, I knew they were bad but this is just edging on the ridiculous. So now you can't even list items you own rights too if ebay decides they don't like you. My only possible reasoning is that when I started the ID I was fairly vero'ed which must put you under the spot light, more trial and error will get to the bottom of whether this had any relevance tho. So now ebay just use an automated monkey vero with no input or owner participation which takes you out randomly with no appeal, backed up by a fully trained Monkey Service to give you the run around HAPPY DAYS lol, someone please open up some competition or this is going to just get worse (ebay at this rate are going to be there own worse enemy alienating the very sellers who made them who they are today), where is bill gate's email address even microsoft run a fairer big brother business!!!!!
Old 12-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrat26 View Post
Well after repeatedly contacting monkey support and changing listings, words etc I still get vero'ed and now am suspended for items which do not have a vero owner. This is getting stupid now, basically ebay can just take you down and make a reason up with no appeal, I knew they were bad but this is just edging on the ridiculous. So now you can't even list items you own rights too if ebay decides they don't like you. My only possible reasoning is that when I started the ID I was fairly vero'ed which must put you under the spot light, more trial and error will get to the bottom of whether this had any relevance tho. So now ebay just use an automated monkey vero with no input or owner participation which takes you out randomly with no appeal, backed up by a fully trained Monkey Service to give you the run around HAPPY DAYS lol, someone please open up some competition or this is going to just get worse (ebay at this rate are going to be there own worse enemy alienating the very sellers who made them who they are today), where is bill gate's email address even microsoft run a fairer big brother business!!!!!
I lived your experience on FeeBay. Many times and got shot down many times. Someone in T&S or the aeBay company is probably competiting to shut you down, or it's a seller that has an insider at SchemeBay's at Costomer Disservice to arbitrarily harass you. It's that simple to see by this point with your inquiries to them. No one is in charge.

You are not hallucinating. GreedBay is royally screwed. Your post expertly illustrates: this is a sign the barbarians have won. The gate has been crashed, and CrookedBay is scrambling with a ghost crew at the helm like a Marie Celeste in the night.
This is a sign of chaos that Spambay has lost control of management, safety and service, and can no longer tell the difference between "brains" and "oatmeal". Who are they hiring over there?
Just about all their departments have degraded into an automated junkyard sale of selling sellers down the river. A ghetto of mediocrity and inept policies. Their software system is geared to "red flag" just about anything anyone posts on their web sites at any given time with the random timing of watchtower snipers at a concentration camp, and the sellers are the targets. Corporate ogre. Thats is what eeBay really is.

"THERE IS NO ONE IN CHARGE. IT'S GOTTEN SO BIG YOU CAN'T FIND THE HEART OF ANYTHING TO STICK THE KNIFE INTO." Frank Lucas
Old 12-31-2007

Once eebay crawls up your ass you realize how corrupt the company really is: bad for business. Bad for all businesses.
Old 12-31-2007
Banned

That is the only good thing about powerseller, selling VEro with total immunity.
Old 01-02-2008

Longevity: 98%
Cool Why companies might VERO

Man Caught eBay'ing Stolen Goods from Work - Switched: Gadgets, Tech, Digital Stuff for the Rest of Us
Old 01-08-2008

Question

Hi all,

you may have seen a few recent posts I've had to do with this new Vero bulls*it that ebay seem to be rolling out via what it appears to be a completly random automated system. Now like any system it has to be programmed and unless it is AI (they could afford it the greedy robbing ebay ****ers) which i doubt, then it will be working to a set of pre determined rules. So what may appear to be random is probably not and thus can be beaten. Now what I want to achive with this thread is a general concessus of what is happening to people in relation to vero. What I don't want is pie in sky rubbish, the well I think this is happening or that is happening sh*t. I want as much as possible to be built on solid facts. I am particularly insterested in members who have had non vero items taking out i.e. items which don't violate vero specifically, these tend to get the Vero email which does not state a vero owner. Input from others is fine, but I would like to try to at least address the sellers on here who are getting vero'ed for items that should not be getting vero'ed at all. Maybe if we crack that it will also help the listing of more dubious items but what I'm primarily interesed in is items which are getting done by this randon non vero spcific system. Some keys questions which if answered could help:

1) What categories were you items listed in?(we can then see if it is category heavy or specific)

2) What items were taken out?(in my case it was photos, montages and mosaics)

3) How many veros did you get before suspension?(in my cases had 3 lots before suspension on the 4th)

4) Did you have the same titles and descroptions each time or did you amend them to then get them taken out again?

5) Was a powerseller or established big seller in the same market and is he/she still trading? (in my case yes and yes)

6) Was your account less than 30 day old, 30 - 90 days, 90 - 360 or 360+ days old (mine was 30 - 90 days)

7) How many positive feedbacks did you have less than 10, 10 - 100, 100 - 50, 500 - 1000, 1000+ (I had 10 - 100)

I think this can get us started as we can maybe start to narrow down what the system is looking for, obviously it is up to people to reveal as much as they want, but I think if we can gather as much information as possible we can then start to disect it and look at possible ways around it. Hopefull aspkin can include it in an ebook if we can get some positive stuff from this.

Thanks for your time and hopefully we will beat the monster we made !!!!!!
Old 01-08-2008

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrat26 View Post
Hi all,

you may have seen a few recent posts I've had to do with this new Vero bulls*it that ebay seem to be rolling out via what it appears to be a completly random automated system. Now like any system it has to be programmed and unless it is AI (they could afford it the greedy robbing ebay ****ers) which i doubt, then it will be working to a set of pre determined rules. So what may appear to be random is probably not and thus can be beaten. Now what I want to achive with this thread is a general concessus of what is happening to people in relation to vero. What I don't want is pie in sky rubbish, the well I think this is happening or that is happening sh*t. I want as much as possible to be built on solid facts. I am particularly insterested in members who have had non vero items taking out i.e. items which don't violate vero specifically, these tend to get the Vero email which does not state a vero owner. Input from others is fine, but I would like to try to at least address the sellers on here who are getting vero'ed for items that should not be getting vero'ed at all. Maybe if we crack that it will also help the listing of more dubious items but what I'm primarily interesed in is items which are getting done by this randon non vero spcific system. Some keys questions which if answered could help:

1) What categories were you items listed in?(we can then see if it is category heavy or specific)

2) What items were taken out?(in my case it was photos, montages and mosaics)

3) How many veros did you get before suspension?(in my cases had 3 lots before suspension on the 4th)

4) Did you have the same titles and descroptions each time or did you amend them to then get them taken out again?

5) Was a powerseller or established big seller in the same market and is he/she still trading? (in my case yes and yes)

6) Was your account less than 30 day old, 30 - 90 days, 90 - 360 or 360+ days old (mine was 30 - 90 days)

7) How many positive feedbacks did you have less than 10, 10 - 100, 100 - 50, 500 - 1000, 1000+ (I had 10 - 100)

I think this can get us started as we can maybe start to narrow down what the system is looking for, obviously it is up to people to reveal as much as they want, but I think if we can gather as much information as possible we can then start to disect it and look at possible ways around it. Hopefull aspkin can include it in an ebook if we can get some positive stuff from this.

Thanks for your time and hopefully we will beat the monster we made !!!!!!
You see, your solution to the VERO problem is well founded, but the problem cannot be solved when ALL ITEMS ON EBAY are automatically "Vero". That's the secret catch.
The bootleg and the official release are always under the same scrunity because of the much-abused "not as described" scam by dubious buyers. That is problem with VERO complaints. Example: 2+2=6

The second problem is sellers who time and time again list and sell VERO to their heart's content are a number of e**** employees who are given immunity from the VERO/ non-employee public. The insider. And the Seller/Employee can run any non-employee seller out of business without conscious or care. VERO'd items follow no logic, or method. It's called random sniping of listed items.

The more you delve into eCrap's corrupt and unreasonable methods, the more you get dirty with facts and rumors.