What is VERO ? Understanding VERO. So I can just vero anyone I want? Vero examples - Page 13 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%

If i try to list some dvd box sets when this account of mine is a month old.. would ebay pull me down? if i list ONE A week, then 2 a week, and thjen 3 and then so on?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2008

Longevity: 93%

Someone please post the link to website where you can buy the DVD's
Old 05-30-2008

sorry, but i dont feel comfortable giving the website out to a forum full of ebay sellers...

lol nothing personal but its just business
Old 05-30-2008

Default Vero - No Vero Needed any more ...

This is a new one for me. I had listed multiple auctions (7). I was going to use these to build feedback for a seller account. The items were coffee mugs with logos from a very well known restaurant chain that went out of business in the 1980's, the chain was in existence for over 40 years before closing it's doors. It is impossible for anyone to know if these were real or "replicas". There were just pictures of various coffee mugs on hte auction page. No one could possibly know if the mugs were authorized by the long out of business company. This company produced and/or authorized thousands, yes thousands. of Promo Items.

There were no VERO mentioned .. no questions, just the auctions ended. No appeals mentioned, nothing. I do find the last paragraph in the email quite interesting.

It now appears anyone can just claim an item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and have auctions terminated.

the account was NOT suspended.

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You recently listed the following listing:

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Trademark infringement is unlawful and violates eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorized replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorized by that company, don't sell it on eBay.

It's against the law to sell unauthorized replicas of brand name products. Accordingly, listings for unauthorized replicas are not permitted on eBay.

For more information, please visit the following Help pages:

Replica, Counterfeit Items and Unauthorized Copies

Trademark and Domain Name Basics

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:

eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:

Why eBay May Remove Your Listing

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, we review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants. We rely on reports from our members to help maintain the safety and security of our Community. We encourage you to report any items by using the REPORT THIS ITEM button on the listing so we can quickly remove any other items that should be removed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

Last edited by zymo; 05-30-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2008

Longevity: 96%

DJ I have been watching some of my competitors and even when they are only listing one or 3 non legit items they are getting pulled. Your selling HK silvers which should be ok. By ok I mean Ebay disregards HK boots and lets the sellers of these boots last much longer then my kind. (.... dvdr) So try it out.
Old 05-30-2008

Longevity: 94%

I got the same thing today, its probably a competitor.
Old 05-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

they should show you everyone who reports you, letting any member report you is retarded, the vero members should be the only ones to do so
Old 05-30-2008

It just seems crazy that ebay would even listen in these circumstances. It is just a coffee mug from a restaurant ...
Old 05-30-2008

well folks this is the voice of experience. This happened to me.
#1 , yes, anyone can report you for vero... as far as I can tell, ebay does no checking. One does NOT get suspended the fisrt time, or possible the second time, But after that, list again & you are skating on THIN ICE. Third time I got suspended. Now here is the kicker. The item was used {Third time I listed only listed this one }, , I said so, at least 5 years sold, I took the picture, wrote the description. BUT, the person reporting has you on their saved search list so of you relist and use the name, say Gap, , Avon, Banana republic. in the listing, they get the search sent to them.
Now, all they have to do is report you and poof you are off. I then, per ebay, called the company, t/w their legal dept. who informed me, that their goal was to not have their products listed on ebay... period. They did not care it you purchased this,if it was a gift, nada. They are also fully aware that all they have to do is report you and "poof" that is it. Now, you are wondering WHY there are 600 hundred other folks listing and getting by? Beats me. I do believe that once you get a vero on a certain item you are on THE LIST.{ sorry this is long, but it is the result of my investigation and a guess at the end part} Therefore, well, I am not sure of the therefore, but if I get a vero I will NEVER,NEVER, NEVER list that item again. In fact the search list discontinues after a time. so I am not listing with that Id for a LONG, LONG, time. Perhaps I am wrong, but this is exactly what happened to me.

Last edited by yogarelax; 05-30-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-30-2008

I should add that had I been bright enough the first time i got a vero to check around, perhaps I would have found this forum and saved myself a heap of troubles.
What did i learn???? Be as invisible as possible and do not panic, check around before you TRY to solve the problem.
Fool me once... shame on you... fool me twice.. I am a dumb ass!!!
Old 05-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

I had a few hundred year old vase VERO'd with the same message a few months back.
Old 05-30-2008

did you try to sell it again??? in any way?
Old 05-31-2008

hk silvers??? like tv shows u mean?
Old 05-31-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Ebay View Post
they should show you everyone who reports you, letting any member report you is retarded, the vero members should be the only ones to do so
Yeah well if they did that it'd be a MEGAWAR!
Old 05-31-2008

what are hk silvers?
Old 05-31-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

LOL. They are put on the genuine VCDs produced by video companies to determine that the item is real. Before the VCD is packaged a silver sticker with a hologram is stuck along the case opening of the VCD. In the US, Universal, Warner Bros & others pack their items the same. One of the main HK companies is Mei Ah.They do a lot of action films. The actual hologram is a marker so to speak. When you are looking to buy these cheaply in HK, it helps you decide if the item is OK.

*nb I am talking about VCDs & not DVDs.... there is a difference.

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-31-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-31-2008

ohh ok
i got you
but not alot of people buy vcd's these days
and even if you do sell some vcd how much could they possibly go for?
$1? $5 max?
Old 05-31-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Yeah. But you can play the VCD through most PCs. The price is great in HK.... about US$3.
Good action movies, terrible sound track... what more do you want?
Old 05-31-2008

Thats nothing. I got a LEXUS vero for listing my used Lexus RX300. Once you buy a legit product, it should be your to buy and sell at will. All this crap started with companies that think they can take your money for a product and illegal control the resale of the used product. A clear anti-trust violation.
Old 05-31-2008

SYCOREISBACK: Now I have asked this question many times... or said this. It would appear that one cannot Sell their own property... at least on ebay. AND who exactly can turn you in???? Anyone? any Lexus owner? any Lexus dealership? the Lexus company? {whoever they are}. This does not have an end to it. And Ebay states quite clearly in their stupid turorials that if you have the receipt and show that in the ad... THEN THAT is nor VERO??? Am I correct??
Old 06-03-2008

i reakon i have a lot of luck when it comes to Violations. on my suspended ebay account i had like 10 or more Violations. most of them were like VERO and avoiding ebay fees. and on my new ebay account i had about 4-6 Violations about VERO lols. but i reakon if i get 1 or 2 more Violations i get suspended
Old 06-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

wow thats alot, one of my accs got suspended for only 3 Vero violations. that was ages ago though when i was a noob