Below Standard Defect Rate - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-24-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Below Standard Defect Rate

eBays charm is gone, sales are slow anyway after the hack and Panda. These new defects make it impossible for somebody new learning the game to make it, vets know how to work the system as do I but is still worth it? maybe for some but they will also feel the brick wall.

The fun is gone, its just a nasty battle between sellers and buyers now who can also be your competitors, think how easy it will be now to loose an account after all that hard work of building and aging.

After 20 years, its time to move on. Just like this government and the course this country is on, eBay shall see the same fate.

Maybe something new will come along, strange nothing ever did. We just need a carbon copy of what the old eBay was up to about 07', I would take the wicked witch back over donnahole

Last edited by mattmayes; 07-24-2014 at 08:19 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-25-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 57%

We are really at a mercy of eBay because they are pretty much a Monopoly at this point. If you go the alternative route of other sites like Bonanza and Etsy, the traffic is nowhere as eBay.

The only other that can compete with eBay is Amazon.

The reps seems like they read a script and each person gives a different answer.

Panda?

So from my experience I think we should be OK if you are selling in USA. Global is a huge risk.

5,500 a month or $89,500 is my limit. If they do drop my limits, I wonder what it will drop to? Would I get suspended?

What is that system they are working on? Stealth?

For someone who has their primary income as eBay need to think again carefully, that is just my opinion. Yes, I am blessed with nice full-time job but I also have an Entrepreneur mind and want to do something on my own as a career.

All the battles favor the Buyer not the Seller.

I've seen accounts over 10 years and have over 100,000 feedback get suspended forever.

I am a San Jose native so I was like born a few blocks away from eBay HQ. I knew about eBay when they started it.

The restrictions that eBay puts on certain items not allowed is the Federal laws right? They have to follow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmayes View Post
eBays charm is gone, sales are slow anyway after the hack and Panda. These new defects make it impossible for somebody new learning the game to make it, vets know how to work the system as do I but is still worth it? maybe for some but they will also feel the brick wall.

The fun is gone, its just a nasty battle between sellers and buyers now who can also be your competitors, think how easy it will be now to loose an account after all that hard work of building and aging.

After 20 years, its time to move on. Just like this government and the course this country is on, eBay shall see the same fate.

Maybe something new will come along, strange nothing ever did. We just need a carbon copy of what the old eBay was up to about 07', I would take the wicked witch back over donnahole
Old 07-25-2014

just give away items that are cheap and popular to raise the ratio if you have high limits to absorb defects, spread sales out over several accounts. Refund from a different Paypal to any buyer you have a issue with to avoid a defect, really sit back and think how this new policy effects you, cover you ass in every way possible. Leave a letter in the box stating if they open a case the "warranty" on the item is void, to call or message first.

eBay is broken, its best to move on and try new things. I do agree with you about not depending on it for income any longer, glad I made the switch this year after two long decades of living off of it. To me it is just not enjoyable anymore, which really was why I did it.

I feel bad for anyone trying to sell used items in any category, also expect all the good deals to dry up as they give the boot to several of your favorable sellers.

Really sad, but I expect nothing good to come from any of the policy's they try to spin as positive for a seller.
Old 07-25-2014

I am watching this Defect BS as failure. I have items returned because the buyer didn't want to pay the restocking fees. Ebay wants us to ship fast free(and when they charge us on shipping fees) I am going to keep hacking away at it. As a seller i will making calls on each defect rating i feel is unfair. I will take my time and if other sellers do and they find their support lines filled perhaps they will rethink...or they will just hire more useless support people with the fee's kept from blowing out the TRS's discounts.
Old 07-25-2014

seems like a lot of time to waste with expectations of getting somewhere when you already mention you know what to expect from CS. Simply grasp the real situation and adapt, or move on. eBay is really killing themselves off with this one, lets see how it plays out.
Old 07-25-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

This new system is just going to totally do away with great customer service and seeing a transaction through to the end

They just want un satisfied buyers, I'm so confused how they actually would put a system like this into place

If an item is lost now or gets damaged in the mail, many times the first contact about this is now a case, because eBay just leads the buyer to open a case up, so crazy,

So what incentive is there for a seller to go above and beyond to make a potential,bad sale an unhappy buyer into a great sale and happy buyer

It's like ok a case is open whether I respond right away or just wait it out days to fix an issue doesn't matter anymore
Old 07-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Yea. That is what I am doing now. Selling very low priced to offering heavy discounts and putting 1 quantity so I don't get multiple quantities with single buyer.

5,500 items or $89,500 is my monthly limit. Is this good?

I only have 1 account and 1 PayPal.

Quote:
just give away items that are cheap and popular to raise the ratio if you have high limits to absorb defects, spread sales out over several accounts. Refund from a different Paypal to any buyer you have a issue with to avoid a defect, really sit back and think how this new policy effects you, cover you ass in every way possible. Leave a letter in the box stating if they open a case the "warranty" on the item is void, to call or message first.

eBay is broken, its best to move on and try new things. I do agree with you about not depending on it for income any longer, glad I made the switch this year after two long decades of living off of it. To me it is just not enjoyable anymore, which really was why I did it.

I feel bad for anyone trying to sell used items in any category, also expect all the good deals to dry up as they give the boot to several of your favorable sellers.

Really sad, but I expect nothing good to come from any of the policy's they try to spin as positive for a seller.
Old 07-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood View Post
I am watching this Defect BS as failure. I have items returned because the buyer didn't want to pay the restocking fees. Ebay wants us to ship fast free(and when they charge us on shipping fees) I am going to keep hacking away at it. As a seller i will making calls on each defect rating i feel is unfair. I will take my time and if other sellers do and they find their support lines filled perhaps they will rethink...or they will just hire more useless support people with the fee's kept from blowing out the TRS's discounts.
I really think eBay will revise this policy. It is a matter of time.
Old 07-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
seems like a lot of time to waste with expectations of getting somewhere when you already mention you know what to expect from CS. Simply grasp the real situation and adapt, or move on. eBay is really killing themselves off with this one, lets see how it plays out.
Their stock has been doing pretty good though but it is a boring stock moving slow. The main reason is the bullish run since the 2008 market crash.
Old 07-26-2014
Threadstarter  

I need 18-19 more transaction till July 31st to get 5.0% on Global on Aug 20th. Talk about some serious stress and worries. Even though I won't be to Global Buyers anymore and my USA shows 4.30% so I am OK there. If they do lower my limits then I wonder how much?

The system was made by the upper level executive right? So it is really coming from way upstairs. Ask the front line if they like the new Defect Policy.

The main Defect I think eBay will change is the Case opened just to check status of delivery. That is going to cause lot of Sellers fall beyond 5%. They have got to put a system for Buyers to must contact the Seller first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
This new system is just going to totally do away with great customer service and seeing a transaction through to the end

They just want un satisfied buyers, I'm so confused how they actually would put a system like this into place

If an item is lost now or gets damaged in the mail, many times the first contact about this is now a case, because eBay just leads the buyer to open a case up, so crazy,

So what incentive is there for a seller to go above and beyond to make a potential,bad sale an unhappy buyer into a great sale and happy buyer

It's like ok a case is open whether I respond right away or just wait it out days to fix an issue doesn't matter anymore
Old 07-28-2014
Threadstarter  

If a Buyer buys and item but does not pay and/or does not pay yet. Will I get credit for a transaction helping my Defect rate?
Old 07-28-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Yes I agree with u there, about they should not allow a case to be open until contact was made with the seller or attempted

And than if the seller does not correct the issue , than the seller should be allowed to proceed

but there agenda is to do a house cleaning, it may even end up working to a lot of our favors, especially the members that operate over many accounts , the ones that are on one account, are in trouble
Old 07-29-2014
Threadstarter  

If a Buyer buys multiple quantities with one transaction. Will this count as 1 transaction or multiple transactions helping my Defect Rate?
Old 07-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seller eBay View Post
If a Buyer buys multiple quantities with one transaction. Will this count as 1 transaction or multiple transactions helping my Defect Rate?
Depends on the spacing out of the buyer's feedback as well...
Old 07-31-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Depends on the spacing out of the buyer's feedback as well...
This Buyer can only leave 1 feedback since there is 1 transaction. Will this count as 8 or 1 transaction as far as helping Defect rate goes?
Old 07-31-2014

I have called in (got a USA rep with a selling history)to get a DEFECT RATING removed. At this time they could not do anything. They are looking towards Aug 20th. I will be calling in again.
Old 08-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood View Post
I have called in (got a USA rep with a selling history)to get a DEFECT RATING removed. At this time they could not do anything. They are looking towards Aug 20th. I will be calling in again.
Try to find out if there will be any changes to the Defect Rate policies?
Old 08-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seller eBay View Post
Global sales are from China. Yes, dropship.
And this will likely affect your rates if not well handled
Old 08-01-2014

Just buy cheap items that are selling hot, you can use terrapeak to locate them, source out, and buy bulk. Dumping them for nothing yet making a slight profit works great. I list a certain item at .01 cent and allow it to sell for whatever, instant 5 stars all the time to offset those nasty defects.
Old 08-04-2014
Threadstarter  

Buyer paid on July 23rd but I had to ask important questions before I would ship the order. Few days later, the Buyer responded and he answered my question and gave me the green light to ship. The problem is that before the Buyer answered. I had sent a cancellation request for Buyer not responsive and I know this won't effect my Defect rate but the Buyer has not responded to my cancellation request. What happens next? I don't want to get red flagged for not shipping the item to Buyer after they had paid.

I really do not want to ship the item because I would lose money but if I have to I will so I don't get red flagged.

Last edited by Seller eBay; 08-04-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-08-2014
Threadstarter  

I had reached 4.99% before August 1st but today I received a Defect and fell back to 5.05% Below Standard. Why is this defect counted ending on July 31st for 12 months?

Is it too late for me to my Defect so I won't be Below Standard on Aug 20th?

I do need 17 Sales without a defect to reach 5%.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-09-2014
Threadstarter  

So, today it is back to 4.99% for global. I see that one defect was taken off. I wonder what is going on here?

Can anyone explain.

93 out of 1,862 ending 12 months for July 31st. It was at 94 for 2 days. Why?