EBAY and PAYPAL are linking, LINKED - no matter what - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-14-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

Well this is exactly why I deal as much outside ebay as possible; NEVER let your customers just pay through ebay, because then you have to add that email that is registered with your current ebay account to paypal. What you do is after your auction is over just as the buyer for their shipping address so you can get the shipping rate and tell them that you will send them the paypal invoice with the total. Why would you want them paying through ebay?? that's what we're all trying to get away from.
At this point, all of us should just be using ebay for advertisement rather them counting on them as your own personal online store. Start up your own websites and merely use ebay as a form of advertisement for it. It's the only way to go at this point.
I have accounts that get shut down about every 5 to 7 days; so the way I think of it is that it's the cheapest form of advertisement for my products. Bottom line. Ebay is not an option anymore, but one hell of a cheap way to advertise!
Cost me about 20 bucks a month for four gift cards, four new accounts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Hi Everyone,

I just remembered I created two eBay posting id’s using my home pc last year on 6/07 and the other 8/07. During that time I had a nasty virus and ended up reinstalling the OS on my pc at least two different times and I also had a habit of resetting my ip address on more than one occasion.

Well my home pc has since been banned, or rather, eBay banned my main id last December, do you think it’s OK for me to get those two ebay posting id’s up and running or would they somehow link me and shut me down?

BTW, my home pc is in my storage unit and I haven’t used it in months and would have to use the library to set up new paypal and acutiva accounts with these two ids.

Your thoughts?
Old 02-27-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default old paypal account new ebay account

Stop me if this has been covered. I have an old paypal account I have had for years. If i change the e-mail address to match my new ebay account will e-bay link it and yank my new account.
Old 02-27-2008

yes, and then you will lose both of them. you can no longer add ae new email address to an old paypal account. they will link them.
Old 02-27-2008

What if the NEW email, that i didn't use When i register on Ebay, instead of using email that registered on Ebay, i use another new one that i never register to paypal and Ebay, is it ok? Thank you!
Old 03-04-2008

Longevity: 99%
Unhappy Suspended me after a year linked with old account through Paypal...

I had three accounts, all nurtured for over a year, shut down overnight. The reason? Association with my old account. I have several paypal accounts, and what was very coincidental is the three that were simultaneously suspended were all in the same Paypal Account.

Now, I have never linked any of the accounts in EBAY. Never. I know that rule and I avoid it like the plague. So what happened here? It isn't IP Addresses, cookies or beacons. And it all happened shortly after getting a buyer complaint from some jerk that didn't get his item fast enough (ordered a media mail item and filed a complaint in 3 days of non-receipt). Shipped the very day he ordered it and he had the tracking number!! Scum.

Anyway, about a week later, I started examining my remaining accounts which are set up to use different paypal accounts. Surprise. I look at one and it has my Paypal address in it, not my EBAY address as my primary shipping address. I scan in and see Paypal is linked. I didn't do it. I hadn't even logged in for a week. I unlinked it, but one day later, they nailed that account.

In no case did my Paypal account get locked out. I found the way to avoid that is just to keep the acount empty. If they have nothing to freeze, they leave it alone. The only time I ever had a problem was when I let the account run up to 1K and got a suspension.

So far my other accounts are not linked. But I think EBAY/Paypal are changing the rules. I think they can link you any time they want. And it is disconcerting to see your Paypal info in EBAY when you did not do it.

I am no longer going to pay my fees with Paypal (which I think may have caused my problems in the first place). I know I had gotten away with it for months, but I am not so sure you can anymore. And don't buy anything and pay for it through EBAY either. Pay directly through Paypal, not through the EBAY invoice.

Maybe I am paranoid here, but four accounts suspended in a week after operating them fine for over a year tells me something huge changed.
Old 03-04-2008

Default ebay and paypal are now linked?

My ebay account was suspended today. I was using it for almost a year.
They found it linked to my old suspended account which used the same paypal account (I used different emails for this paypal account, so no link by paypal email address was possible). That old account was suspended a year ago and I never logged in to it after suspension.
What could be the reason of linking after a year of successful working?
Maybe they changed something so that paypal now shares information about all emails registered for this account?
Another reason that came to my mind - maybe somebody looked deeply into my paypal account? I didn't pay ebay fees for my old account after suspension, maybe after a year somebody was looking for a real info and found my other account through paypal?
Old 03-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayaintstupid View Post
And don't buy anything and pay for it through EBAY either. Pay directly through Paypal, not through the EBAY invoice.
So you would have to contact the seller through ebay's message system and ask them for their Paypal email before you can send the payment directly from Paypal? Cuz ebay don't show the seller's info after an auction is complete.
Old 03-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Hallo groundhog, there is a specific forum with great threads about this. The
experts here have confirmed that ebay/paypal link. If you read those threads
you will get the answers.
Love your user name 'groundhog' because we do replay ebay/paypal troubles
all the time. Do read that forum and if you have any more questions post there.
Old 03-04-2008

Default Well, Modee, if this old news, try to explain a couple of things...

If it is old news that paypal and EBAY accounts are always linked, why do my other accounts not show my paypal shipping address and clearly show the Paypal link like the account that got suspended? If they were always linked, wouldn't they ALL show the link? Hmmm?

And if it is old news that Paypal and EBAY accounts are always linked, why doesn't everyone get suspended the minute they use any Paypal account that has ever been linked to a suspended account? I can tell you they do not. I have many that have not. Got an answer? Hmmmm?

And if they are always linked, why does Aspkin himself say you can use the Paypal account so long as it is not the Primary address on the account and you can even pay your EBAY fees through that account without a problem? If that weren't true, and you were always linked, why would Aspkin state that? Hmmmm?

Also, in case you didn't notice, this is not related to the other messages in this group. That is why I started a new thread. The other messages are about getting Paypal accounts limited because of supposed links. This was a suspension of three EBAY accounts because of a link to all three through a common Paypal account. Entirely different issue.

I think if other folks reading this board are using the Paypal account as Aspkin advises, that they could be in for trouble due to this automatic linking which apparently doesn't show up as obvious until you check the "addresses" in your EBAY account. And they will likely never see it because you buried this post dozens of messages in on an only mildly related topic.
Old 03-04-2008

Default I had this problem as well...

with an account over a year old. I think they changed the rules slightly. I think that if you pay your EBAY fees through the Paypal account or you buy something and pay for it through the EBAY invoice online, it links you no matter what.

My link seemed to show up right after I bought my first item through the account. They didn't suspend me right away. The link just sat there. But when I discovered it, I deleted it and the corresponding shipping address from Paypal and BLAM! Suspended.

I have numerous other accounts that do not have any problems with suspension and none of them are linked. I have never bought anything through those accounts nor paid my EBAY fees through Paypal. And those accounts are still alive and kicking.
Old 03-04-2008

Longevity: 95%

Then You have answered your own questions it appears..
Old 03-04-2008

No its that old Paypal. Even if you change the email. If you accept a payment from a new ebay account into an old Paypal they already have your old ebay account connected with it, even if you never linked them. Gotta get a new Paypal.
Old 03-04-2008

Well, I signed up another ebay account today following the Aspkin steps to the letter. I read and re-read everything several times and was found out within 5 minutes. The only way they could have found me is PayPal. Even after I changed the email address they must be reporting or red flagging accounts no matter what emai you change to.
They are getting very fast at shutting down people or at least me. No matter where I register, what computer I use, How well I delete the cookies, what IP address I use, what physical address I use or what new prepaid credit card I use. They just have to be getting the info from PP.

So beware
Old 03-04-2008
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

It's because the final version of Aspkin's guide is outdated already. You have to keep up with the info in these forums to get the current scoop.
Old 03-04-2008

Hi can anyone confirm here that if I was just interested in buying stuff with paypal from other sellers, could I pay directly via paypal to sellers email address? Meaning that instead of marking it as a ebay item when paying mark it as GOODS when paying?

Will this work?
Old 03-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
No its that old Paypal. Even if you change the email. If you accept a payment from a new ebay account into an old Paypal they already have your old ebay account connected with it, even if you never linked them. Gotta get a new Paypal.
In the past there was no link. I used my last ebay account with old paypal account (linked to suspended ebay account, but new email) for > 6 months until yesterday.
Something changed recently?
Old 03-05-2008

Longevity: 95%

i think this has been happening for a few months now, where they link whatever they can link you with
Old 03-05-2008

I used this method till about Oct-Nov of last year. I was suspended but not limited. Made a new ebay and just added a new email to PP deleted the old one (always worked in the past) they linked me to an account I hadn't used or signed into for about 2 years...

The thing is they keep all that previous info...now they have sophisticated tools to do something with it...You actually got away with it for a lot longer than most...
Old 03-09-2008

So what are our options? I have read through everything and are confused!
Old 03-21-2008

Exclamation You cannot use Paypal email addresses anymore, sigh...

I had an account suspended, but still had half a dozen active. None were "linked", but all were in the list of email addresses in my paypal account. All had operated flawlessly for over a year.

Then, about a week ago, I received suspension notices for every account for which an email existed in that Paypal account. My other accounts were untouched, just the ones in that Paypal account.

They were even able to suspend accounts I no longer used but had been in that paypal account at one time or another. All accounts not associated with that Paypal account were fine.

There was no other association. I have been flawless in following all the other rules. EBAY and PAYPAL are now linked in a way that makes it so ANY account that gets suspended in a given Paypal account will result in suspension of all the accounts using that Paypal account.

Either open new paypal accounts or use a different method of payment.
Old 03-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Thumbs up The Answer

I agree. Avoid paypal wherever possible. Set up any new ebay account with the alternative payment methods already there to use.