How to change IP address if you have a ROUTER and a CABLE MODEM - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 01-18-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default IP Chicken Website and IP Addresses

So, I used this website a couple times yesterday and today and the IP Address it gave me was different both days.

Is this website actually giving me a secret IP Address that Ebay would actually track that I wouldn't know they are tracking?

Also, this IP Address is a different # than my Wireless Network Connection IP Address, why are they different?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-19-2010

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevnSins View Post
It's very easy to do this remotely, from within your house. Although; to be able to do this from outside your home, you would only be able to do it once. You would need to setup a VNC type application on each end, and then access your internal network that way. The problem with this is that as soon as you reset the modem, you will lose the connection to your network, and you would have no idea what the new IP address is, so that you could log back into the VNC application.
Why would you need VNC?
You can control the router via http

However in some point, following powder's guide, you will have to unplug the modem, needing physicall access to the place.

ANYONE FOUND A WAY TO CHANGE IPs ON A REMOTE COMPUTER ?
Old 01-19-2010

will ebay track that or is that good enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevnSins View Post
If they are all hooked up to the same modem at the same time, the WAN IP addresses will be the same. Although; if you connect 1 router to the modem at a time, you will have a unique IP for each router.

Example:
  • Router #1: 192.168.1.2
  • Router #2: 192.168.1.4
  • Router #3: 192.168.1.6
  • Router #4: 192.168.1.8
Old 02-05-2010
Banned

Hi,
I do everything you say and change the mac address, but then i have no internet access afterwards and my router home page is not showing wan ip, default gateway etc with my new manually adjusted mac address. It is a "myessentials" (belkin) router... Help!
Old 02-05-2010

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

I had the same issue with my Belkin. I just unplugged it, and tried a different MAC address. Be sure to keep a log of the MACs you use, so you'll know which ones don't work.
Old 02-05-2010

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

In my experience; not all routers allow http access, and can also be unsafe leaving access open to the world. If you use that method, make sure you have a good password.

Changing the IP on a remote computer has been discussed already. The problem is that you won't know the new IP when you need to access the machine later. Even if you use the HTTP router access, you still need an IP address.

The only thing I can think of is 2 internet connections to the remote network. One that never changes IP, so you can get access to the one you do want to reset/change.

If anyone has any better ideas, I'd be interested in hearing some myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachufleta View Post
Why would you need VNC?
You can control the router via http

However in some point, following powder's guide, you will have to unplug the modem, needing physicall access to the place.

ANYONE FOUND A WAY TO CHANGE IPs ON A REMOTE COMPUTER ?
Old 02-05-2010
Banned

i have tried many, but none work... any ones i can use that you know of sevensins?
Old 02-06-2010
Banned

If i get some cheap dial up service like cooper.net, will that ultimately resolve any issues re:new ip address as each time i dial up i get a new address?
Old 02-10-2010

Just curious as I haven't seen anybody else mention this. If you are either paranoid of doing it wrong or your not tech savy couldn't you always just take your cable modem to your cable provider and ask for a new cable modem, come home, plug the new modem into your router and get a new IP address that way? That seems to be a really easy way for anyone not very tech savy.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThinkTank For This Useful Post:
seany (09-15-2013)
Old 02-25-2010

Longevity: 86%

I've just moved from cabled area to non-cable and will have to use ADSL. With my cable router it was so easy to change to IP's I needed but what about ADSL router? Can I change IP same way by changing MAC?
Old 03-02-2010

Longevity: 81%

A little confised to my hed but i will try..

thanks a lot

---------------------------------------
Survey and Download for Free
Old 03-11-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I have tried this with my router and modem and it will not work.

Must be that roadrunner will not allow this to happen.

Anyone else ever get this to work with roadrunner high speed?
Old 03-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Might have a Static IP address not a dynamic. Call your ISP and ask.
Old 06-12-2010

Longevity: 80%

the thing is that i do not have an assigned mac??.. at least is dynamic ...what should i put in those blank spaces ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wan.jpg (49.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-13-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Well, you do have a MAC address for the device. Those blank spaces mean you aren't already spoofing a MAC and therefore your router is using the factory assigned MAC. Look on the bottom or the back of the router for a sticker with your unit serial number and MAC. Then, put the first 3 pairs in the appropriate blanks. Change any of the digits in the last 3 pairs (change the last one, or the last pair or whatever) and type that in the last 3 blanks. Then save the changes. You may have to reboot your modem and router. You may not.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
razvan4NBA (06-13-2010)
Old 06-14-2010
Trimptop

I have a Static IP address, how do I change it? I have no clue what to do? Thanks
Old 06-14-2010
Vicvelcro

If your IP address is static, there is nothing you can do except get a new service provider.
Old 06-17-2010

yep u need dynamic ip internetprovider
The Following User Says Thank You to LieberMensch For This Useful Post:
sia (06-18-2010)
Old 06-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieberMensch View Post
yep u need dynamic ip internetprovider
Are you sayint to be able to change the IP address you have to have a dynamic Ip to begin with?
Old 06-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sia View Post
Are you sayint to be able to change the IP address you have to have a dynamic Ip to begin with?

Yes, that is what is being said.

A Static IP means that you have the same IP from now until whenever you end your service with your provider. No one else has that IP. No amount of rebooting your cable/dsl modem and or router will change that. It is permanant. You may be able to call them and ask them to change your IP, but they will probably only do that once. You can purchase a bundle of 5 or more static IPs if you want, but it can get expensive.

A dynamic IP is given by your provider also but it's "leased". On it's own it may change every few days or weeks. But if you use the tips in the Stealth Book and on these forums, you can change it at will.

I use cable with a Static IP for my home network, but I have my ebay/paypal accounts on a different computer and it is using a Sprint Broadband wireless connection. I get a different dynamic IP everytime I connect with it. I just keep a record of all the IPs it has given me and on which accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to NTP For This Useful Post:
sia (06-19-2010)
Old 06-18-2010

if i have an ip dynamic address does that mean that everytime i turn my pc on and go online i have a different IP address?
Old 06-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sia View Post
if i have an ip dynamic address does that mean that everytime i turn my pc on and go online i have a different IP address?

No. It depends on your provider. You'll need to go to ipchicken .com or IPBurger .com and check to see what your IP is.