Vps - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 03-14-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Vps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Yes, you CAN save money. EVERY business looks to minimize it's costs, and I am no exception. But minimizing costs at the expense of account safety is just stupid.

A good eBay account can pull in up to $5,000 per month in sales once it is fully up and running. Do you want to potentially lose that account because the $5 VPS wonder you chose suddenly went out of business with no warning? Or, because you wanted to save the $10 per month it costs to maintain a working phone number?

Expect to pay between $20 and $30 per month for a GOOD VPS and a working phone number. If you want to save money, then LEARN LINUX! Anything less than that is a SERIOUS RISK TO YOUR ACCOUNT!
Minimizing your expenses arrogantly is definitely stupid. But if you use knowledge to do it then your usually good.

Of course you wouldn't want to lose any account. Why would you not have back up accounts causing you to go out of business? You play the game. You only dish out what you can handle. Plan ahead.

You can save thousands at the end of the year. As in your example, if you go from $20-$30 per vps down to $5 per VPS, and you run over 30 ebay accounts that would translate into a lot of savings.

If you want to save money learn to use your VPS in other ways than a Remote Desktop PC. Does not matter if you using linux or windows if you figure out other ways to use your VPS.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The problem with the $5 VPS's are twofold. First, they are overused and sometimes eBay discovers them. They can be slow, because to make a profit, the VPS provider has to cram a gazillion users onto one server. Also, they tend to close up shop and disappear. One day, you cannot log in to your VPS. So, you go to their website to see what is going on and open a ticket, but you don't get an answer. You go to Webmastertalk and find out that several others are having the same issue. Then one user posts that they went out of business.

Now, you have to scramble to find another VPS provider in the same area. Your IP and machine will change. eBay, Amazon and PayPal will detect that. That will not necessarily cause you to lose an account, but it COULD.

How do I know this? Because I have been there and done that. I have been doing stealth for more than 5 years now. I have used VPN's, VPS's, USB sticks, tethering, hotspots, dial-up, cable, dsl, you name it. I can take a Linux VPS and make it a desktop with Firefox and open an eBay, Amazon and PayPal account in less than an hour.

And YES, I have MANY backup accounts. Nothing will put me completely out of business. eBay did that ONCE... ONCE! I vowed I would NEVER let that happen again.

You mentioned 30 accounts. So, lets use your example. Let us assume that 15 are active, producing accounts and 15 are backups. 15 accounts, each producing $2,500 per month in sales = $37,500 in gross sales. If your profits are 20% when all is said and done, then your income, before taxes is $7,500 per month.

Your cost for the 30 VPS's at $20 per month each is $600. By moving to $5 providers, you can save $450 per month and increase your income to $7,950. Is the extra $450 worth putting one or more of your active, producing accounts at risk? If it is worth it to you, then go ahead and do it. Me, I'll take the safer road.

My stealth setup costs more money than most. Some people here have told me that I am paranoid. Maybe that is true. But I am an older person. I support 7 people, 2 dogs and 3 cats. I cannot afford to lose accounts. And my setup keeps me relatively safe. Whenever eBay, Amazon or PayPal make changes, we see forum posts of users losing their accounts. I am almost never affected by the changes. Why? Because I go above and beyond what is recommended in the stealth guide.

I have also seen, over 5 years, users come and go. The ones who are successful - the ones who have been here for years - are the same users who have setups similar to mine. Not the SAME, mind you, because we each do what works for us individually. The ones who claim IP's are not important, or that insist it is OK to re-use bank accounts, or claim they can use the same name on 5 accounts are the same ones who are members here for 6 months. They give up, frustrated and moan and groan that stealth does not work in the long run. But that is not true. Stealth, done properly, works just fine.

At the end of the day, each person must do what works for THEM. So, if you are set on using the $5 providers, then by all means, have at it. But I think people should know the risks involved. Sometimes you can go broke trying to save money. Penny wise and pound foolish. Or as my grandmother always said, sometimes cheap is dear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
123 (03-14-2015), RosieTosie (03-14-2015)
Old 03-14-2015

Longevity: 53%

I am not providing with a false info. I am providing with a solid info. Of course, it is possible to do stuff from 1 ip, or tons of different dynamic ips, work for half of year building accounts, then lose them all in one day and cry here again. For God sake, If your account earns you 1000 usd per month, what is 30 usd to make it safe and unlinkable? If your account makes very low profit, it seems that you should sell something different, not trying to cut costs on your setup and lose everything.
Old 03-14-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
I am not providing with a false info. I am providing with a solid info. Of course, it is possible to do stuff from 1 ip, or tons of different dynamic ips, work for half of year building accounts, then lose them all in one day and cry here again. For God sake, If your account earns you 1000 usd per month, what is 30 usd to make it safe and unlinkable? If your account makes very low profit, it seems that you should sell something different, not trying to cut costs on your setup and lose everything.
Then you might want to continue looking. Its not a MUST to run on a dedicated server. A VPS is just fine
Old 03-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by thready View Post
Then you might want to continue looking. Its not a MUST to run on a dedicated server. A VPS is just fine
You don't need a dedicated SERVER, but a Dedicated IP is preferred. In fact most VPS's include at least ONE dedicated IPv4 IP and will sell you more for $1 per month.
Old 03-14-2015

You guys did not read why I am recommending dedicated servers all over the forum. It is just because if you have a server and a pack of dedicated IPs, you can create 10s of VMs in a couple of clicks, and every VM will cost you nothing, as all dedicated server's resources belong solely to you, and you may slice it into almost any number of VMs (unless RAM, CPU and HDD allows). Of course, one can operate dynamic dongle IPs and several windows accounts from the same PC, and someday cry that he got linked and lost everything he was building for several months.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
dmd (10-12-2018)
Old 03-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You guys did not read why I am recommending dedicated servers all over the forum. It is just because if you have a server and a pack of dedicated IPs, you can create 10s of VMs in a couple of clicks, and every VM will cost you nothing, as all dedicated server's resources belong solely to you, and you may slice it into almost any number of VMs (unless RAM, CPU and HDD allows). Of course, one can operate dynamic dongle IPs and several windows accounts from the same PC, and someday cry that he got linked and lost everything he was building for several months.
Yes, you are correct, if you are looking for MANY VPS's, then a dedicated server is a good option. My responses were based on having ONE VPS. Not everyone will wants dozens of them from the start. Also, I like to have my IP's show up in different areas.
Old 03-14-2015

We both definitely handle the same situation differently when it comes to VPS.

If you use your VPS methods in other ways, you wont be stressing the limitations of RAM, CPU, or Hard Disk space imposed by the VPS provider.

Say one day your VPS decides to close shop, but because you took time to learn other ways to use your VPS and take time to learned how things work and determined its best do everything on your own PC(not on some VPS). So you have your the original machine and cookies on a PC at your fingertips. No need setup a new VPS all over again, no need for the VPS to run Windows OS.

Because you lose your first VPS your ip address changes when you obtain another VPS. You log in to eBay, and eBay detects your IP changed, but sees that you still sees you logging in from the same device and you have all your cookie history. eBay is satisified. Business as usual.

Your back in business as fast as you can rent another VPS.

Base on my example, with the knowledge I have about how ebay, paypal, networking, and computers work I would have to say its worth it. At the end of the year thats $5400 (based on 30 accounts not actual accounts)

When i started stealth I did feel some things were risking other accounts. Now, I don't feel that I'm putting my any of my accounts at risk on behalf of another. Naturally, if I feel that something I'm doing puts all my accounts at risk I would address it. I'm not the type of person who "hopes" or "guess" it works. I research & test information. And at the end of it, its either a satisfactorily resolution or there isn't.

I have total respect for your methods. I started off similiar to the ways you currently run your operating now. I am a bit paranoid person myself, but I continue to inform myself and test the system which teaches me new things everyday.

I wouldn't just assume that since users come, go and don't come back means they have failed. For me, thats actually a sign of growing as we tend to have less time to sit on a forum and chat away. I'm not nearly as active on this forum as I've been since I started stealth. The business has taken up more of my time so I don't have time visit the forum every day or month.

Your right, every man work method is based on what they know works for them. I'm just doing base on what I know is working for me. Every man makes decision on what they know. If you want to reduce the risk you have set in your mind, you must take the time to inform/educate yourself.

What you first thought was a risk ends up not being a risk at all with the proper information. At the end of the day, its results of the decisions make based on what you know and not know. And this result will be either positive or negative. Obviously, everyone should strive for positive results.
The Following User Says Thank You to thready For This Useful Post:
SilentHill (03-14-2015)
Old 03-14-2015

Quote:
Yes, you are correct, if you are looking for MANY VPS's, then a dedicated server is a good option. My responses were based on having ONE VPS. Not everyone will wants dozens of them from the start. Also, I like to have my IP's show up in different areas.
Doing stealth will lead into having some 10+ accounts in case if it is required to stay safe. So I am just telling people what will they end up with in case of doing stealth professionally, and if it is inevitable, why not to learn and stat building it from the very beginning? Having a 2-3 accs via dongle and win users is ok, but only for some time. And then will be a lot of hassle to migrate to VMs...
Old 03-14-2015

Quote:
Doing stealth will lead into having some 10+ accounts in case if it is required to stay safe. So I am just telling people what will they end up with in case of doing stealth professionally, and if it is inevitable, why not to learn and stat building it from the very beginning? Having a 2-3 accs via dongle and win users is ok, but only for some time. And then will be a lot of hassle to migrate to VMs...
I have access to all my VPSes on one screen through the provider. Dedicated is not a MUST. As JW said, its an decent option.
Old 03-14-2015

Quote:
You don't need a dedicated SERVER, but a Dedicated IP is preferred. In fact most VPS's include at least ONE dedicated IPv4 IP and will sell you more for $1 per month.
Try telling muzzie a dedicated SERVER is not a MUST. I haven't had any luck. Lol
Old 03-14-2015

If you have like under 10 VMs, it can go without dedicated, that's true. But if there are 10s of them (which is a must for a professional stealth trader), it cant be done without dedicated machine. That was my point
Old 03-14-2015

Quote:
If you have like under 10 VMs, it can go without dedicated, that's true. But if there are 10s of them (which is a must for a professional stealth trader), it cant be done without dedicated machine. That was my point
Jesus muzzie, you're relentless. Lol.

Oh, I hate to tell you, but I have more than 10 VPSes for sure. Haha.
Old 03-14-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by thready View Post
Jesus muzzie, you're relentless. Lol.

Oh, I hate to tell you, but I have more than 10 VPSes for sure. Haha.
How much do you pay for a single VPS on average?
Old 03-15-2015

Quote:
How much do you pay for a single VPS on average?
That my friend is a very specific question. Lol

Not trying to say its all about savings with the following statement because its clear from previous posts here if you try to save without knowing what you are doing or lack the proper information it will end up costing you more, while on the other hand, knowing what you are doing can be very rewarding.

But in regards to the monthly vps cost, if you knew what i know currently, you'd would know your paying way too much.
Old 03-15-2015

I bet I pay less, but if you don't want to discuss it, it is ok
Old 03-15-2015

Quote:
I bet I pay less, but if you don't want to discuss it, it is ok
Lol, ill go with the latter. The last thing I need (and some account sellers on this forum) is a shortage of cheap VPSes to create new accounts.
Old 03-15-2015

Ooook Secrets are secrets!
Old 03-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

okay so dedicated server or multiple VPS's? LMFAO
Old 03-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
What would you expect for 5 bucks? A decent Windows VPS will cost you around 20 usd per month. If you plan to do a lot of stealth, your personal dedicated server is a must.
WoW!!!

You walk the walk.

But the talk you talk is so silly.

Stop already with handing out inaccurate info.

I happen to run many stealth accounts IN DIFFERNET countries and have no personal dedicated server.

Old 03-15-2015

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
WoW!!!

You walk the walk.

But the talk you talk is so silly.

Stop already with handing out inaccurate info.

I happen to run many stealth accounts IN DIFFERNET countries and have no personal dedicated server.

I have runned around 60 accounts in last 6 years.
All of them are VPN. Runned on 6 different services.
Starting from guarantiee Fresh IP, tehn going to Dedicated IP and i also have few google first page shared IP services
to be very honest all of them workFor sure you are safer using all fresh, BUT have quite a few accounts died quicker than extremely used VPN suing sam techniques, a bit of luck also matters.
For sure if we are looking into the long run it is better to have dedicated.
I am using 4 different VPN's at the momment just as experiment
funny enough Fresh IP's havent made me more money so far even i am keen to pay slightly more money to be on a safe side.
If you have few accounts i would suggest to experiment what would suit you.
IP is important but had so many accounts shut down because of other factors and so may stayed alive with burned Ip's so i do believe IP itself is not going to give dead to your account until you have at least 1 more factor
Once again my experience is nly 6 years and around 60 accounts.
So many members have more experience so dont take my words too seriously, just tried to say the situation from my side
Good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tannedweekend For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-15-2015), RosieTosie (03-16-2015)
Old 03-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

tanned'

as always a balanced reply.

Appreciate this pov.