Etsy Payments end of stealth ? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 04-17-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Re: Etsy Payments end of stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
If the name is the same, they may let it pass or ask for further verification on the address. If the name/address combo on the ID has been banned before you can't use it.
Not to mention to the US you have birthday/SSN hurdles. Even if you pass the first security check, you will be asked for valid address so they can send 1099. I never got the 1099 from Etsy. I stopped before it reach $20,000. But I remember them asking me for address so they can send the form. Unlike Paypal where you can see them directly online, in your account. I think Etsy will send you a physical letter.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsyrefugive View Post
Not to mention to the US you have birthday/SSN hurdles. Even if you pass the first security check, you will be asked for valid address so they can send 1099. I never got the 1099 from Etsy. I stopped before it reach $20,000. But I remember them asking me for address so they can send the form. Unlike Paypal where you can see them directly online, in your account. I think Etsy will send you a physical letter.
To an extent, but there's at least two ways around it now. I was having a discussion earlier someone that's a fairly large etsy seller and they did a different two-step verify process with their business info in the US I hadn't tried yet and it oddly enough worked. I am going to try their method on one of my stealth Paypal stores and if it works I'll be able to build up a few more stores in the US over the summer for the Fall/Holiday season.

But yeah, the SSN/EIN requirement doesn't bother me or worry me. I've taken the time to read up on their licensing/payment processor and how they are doing it. I'm fairly confident everything will be okay until at least the first quarter of 2018 and would only go downhill should Etsy actually get bonding/licensing for other services. Even so, still avoidable in a lot of places.

Like anything else, eBay/Amazon/Bonanza, just spread out your eggs and you should be fine. Have back-ups and just keep a safety net.

I appreciate your other post. I don't take it as an attack, as I agree that everyone on all sides should be careful. I think people should be fairly trusting in who they are dealing with. I answer a lot of questions and gain nothing, others need my help more thoroughly. I try to be available as I'm one of the few who has almost 8 years of experience with Etsy stealth. My ordeal with them is about to get worse as I actually have counsel and am trying to settle a matter with them before proceeding to Court with a suit against them. I really wish my dot com had just 10% more traffic and I'd drop them like a bad habit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
Beachin (04-17-2017), kronengriffharry (05-05-2017)
Old 04-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Why are you bashing Gladiator? He/she's the only one offering to help people here. No offense but all you offer is blank talk. I know, I know nothing is for sure and nobody knows anything at this moment and you're worrying for all of us stealthers. But stop bashing Gladiator.

I'm NOT affiliated with Gladiator in anyway; and I'm not even using his/her offering to open DC. I have my own way and will NOT share so the system don't get abused (so don't ask me). I'm just saying Gladiator trying to help.
i wasn't. you missed my point.
Old 04-17-2017

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
I really wish my dot com had just 10% more traffic and I'd drop them like a bad habit.
Amen to that.

Good luck in court though.
Old 04-17-2017

Longevity: 40%

Gladiator, would you pm me your tips with the new requirements? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
Amen to that.

Good luck in court though.
Thanks. It'd be nice if people would stop counterfeiting some of my artwork on there. A lot of those sellers must stalk places like Teepublic and Redbubble and take work as mine and several others are constantly dealing with their vendors. There's a few folks who are suing them/have sued them, they just really need someone like Disney to get on their ass. A lot would change.
Old 04-18-2017

Quote:
Thanks. It'd be nice if people would stop counterfeiting some of my artwork on there. A lot of those sellers must stalk places like Teepublic and Redbubble and take work as mine and several others are constantly dealing with their vendors. There's a few folks who are suing them/have sued them, they just really need someone like Disney to get on their ass. A lot would change.
Yeah I know that feeling, I had a factory in china rip off one of my best sellers. And badly too. Nothing you can really do when it's china that wants to undercut you. :/
Old 04-18-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
Yeah I know that feeling, I had a factory in china rip off one of my best sellers. And badly too. Nothing you can really do when it's china that wants to undercut you. :/
I got verified by Alibaba to be able to flag counterfeits, but good god it takes forever. China undercutting me is actually more of a problem than stealth itself. It's hard to compete against folks selling similar products for $4-$5 bucks cheaper. I'd make hardly no profit if I tried to be in line with them. I just have to flag 'em or get their wholesaler accounts hit and hope for the best.
Old 04-19-2017

Longevity: 55%

Thanks again for the response Gladiator. Sorry, one more question...

If ID name matches. Address is the same as one from a banned account, but person is different, is there a chance it could get through do you think? Or would i just be wasting my time.

Basically, I set it up with a variation of GFs name thinking i would never need to actually connect to DC. She is at same address as was listed on my first suspended acct though. Is that enough of a link?

Also, the address on her id does not match that listed in bank details.

My gut is that it won't work, so i don't want to burn her id for a lost cause.
Old 04-20-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpglg View Post
Thanks again for the response Gladiator. Sorry, one more question...

If ID name matches. Address is the same as one from a banned account, but person is different, is there a chance it could get through do you think? Or would i just be wasting my time.

Basically, I set it up with a variation of GFs name thinking i would never need to actually connect to DC. She is at same address as was listed on my first suspended acct though. Is that enough of a link?

Also, the address on her id does not match that listed in bank details.

My gut is that it won't work, so i don't want to burn her id for a lost cause.
Before I learned how to avoid ID's, I tried that and it worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
jpglg (04-21-2017)
Old 04-20-2017

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
They do. I use a PO BOX and received it.
Old 04-21-2017

Quote:
I got verified by Alibaba to be able to flag counterfeits, but good god it takes forever. China undercutting me is actually more of a problem than stealth itself. It's hard to compete against folks selling similar products for $4-$5 bucks cheaper. I'd make hardly no profit if I tried to be in line with them. I just have to flag 'em or get their wholesaler accounts hit and hope for the best.
You're not the only one who can't compete with China! Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to etsyrefugive For This Useful Post:
TheMatrix (04-22-2017)
Old 04-21-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytowngirl126 View Post
They do. I use a PO BOX and received it.
I could have done that. But I also remember they say NO PO boxes! I could have used some "Street Address PO box" services. But I don't trust them enough for sensitive documents though.

And the Name/address variation for et*sy like you do with Pay*pal is hit and miss. If lucky, you won't have to provide ID. But it even happened to non-stealth people with real details ( I know a few of them). They were still asked to provide IDs.

In the past I can stop DC and go back to standalone Paypal. Now they won't allow it. My items are real handmade & I put lots of effort in this store so I want to keep it going. But I feel uneasy that I can't change back to Paypal standalone.
The Following User Says Thank You to etsyrefugive For This Useful Post:
TheMatrix (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017

Longevity: 50%

And you read this somewhere?

Quote:
Because we want buyers to have a consistent experience when they check out on Etsy, we're requiring that all sellers in eligible countries set up Etsy Payments by May 17, 2017. If you don't set up Etsy Payments, your selling privileges will be suspended on May 18.

Looks like Paypal stealth is still the way to go here. Etsy doesn't have a transmitter license so the DC/Etsy Payments are still the same thing in terms of what they see vs what they don't. They are just forcing it on everyone now vs letting stores with just Paypal in the US from before 2015 to keep it.

I'm not overly concerned as it's not anything too crazy except if you have stand-alone paypal in the US(and a few other places) you're losing it.
Old 04-22-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post

Just opened 3 new accounts and your full of ****. Nothing you say is true.
Why you keep posting bull****.
Man Im so old IM tired.
challenge me one time for accounts and I eat your lunch.
Your a liar.....looking to suck money out of people.
Truth.
Old 04-22-2017
MU

Quote:
https://www.etsy.com/teams/7716/anno...scuss/18325841

You're free to verify their licensing with NY Finance Board.
Old 04-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

do you actually sell on et.sy? because what gladiator wrote was also sent to all sellers via email............................
Old 04-23-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
do you actually sell on et.sy? because what gladiator wrote was also sent to all sellers via email............................
Yeah I can confirm it too, as I UK user I had this email sent to all my accounts, but lucky me is already set up for it so....

Did the weirdo's crawl out of the woodwork and onto the et.sy side of the forum this weekend?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (04-23-2017), unkown5454 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-29-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monicca View Post
Hi Guys! The biggest poblem is that Etsy need your scanned ID card for the verification.. I just tried their new Etsy Payments option and filled out everything ( bank account infos, personal infos etc..) and after that the next step is: verify your identity ... upload your scanned ID card or driving lesson, passport.. :(

So.. if you were banned with your real name and address you can't make this Etsy Payment setup :(
I will help you. Sending message now.
Old 04-29-2017

Longevity: 44%

Sorry, dude, what Gladiator says is pure gold.

Quote:
Just opened 3 new accounts and your full of ****. Nothing you say is true.
Why you keep posting bull****.
Man Im so old IM tired.
challenge me one time for accounts and I eat your lunch.
Your a liar.....looking to suck money out of people.
Truth.
Old 04-29-2017
Executive [VIP]

i just hope all his posts stay active here so anyone new to the et.sy section here on the forum can see what a moron this person is. he completely back tracked on another thread and now is trying to be nice like nothing happened.

he is nothing more than the sca.mmers who try to get innocent people to hock his ill.egal products on various marketplaces using their own accounts because all of his accounts always get shut down.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (04-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

It is Magical around here.......
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (04-29-2017)