Package Stolen? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 03-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 58%
Default Package Stolen?

I returned an item to a company 2 weeks ago at "USPS". I didn't stand in line this time to get a receipt. I printed the label, and dropped inside box. It has been 2 weeks and status says "Label Created, not yet in system".

Should I consider package stolen by one of the workers? If so, who do I contact without receipt of proof? I think next time I'll just stand in line for returns. Too many thieves out there if this is the case.

Old 03-05-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Package Stolen?

THESE ARE THE ENVELOPES I USED. I'm starting to think these aren't safe, and need to find safer ones that workers can't open to steal from. Any recommendations?

Old 03-05-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%

Was it under 13 ounces in weight? Of course anything weighing over 13 oz should be dropped off in person according to USPS.
I had to eat a Priority Mail package I dropped off in a mailbox one time because of the weight and it was returned (sadly) to the stealth address.
Old 03-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

USPS is struggling right now. It's like there's a glitch with their tracking system, or something. Shipments are getting "pre-shipment" updates after they've already started moving, and that causes them to stop tracking for several days and when/if they DO start tracking again they've lost the tracking history they had before the "pre-shipment glitch" (what I've been calling it, lol).

I thought it was just my outgoing shipments at first but in the last couple weeks I've ordered several things on eBay which took forever to arrive and tracked the same weird way.

Idk if that's what's going on with your shipment but it probably is. Very low chance your return got stolen. The tracking number will probably start showing updates in the destination state.. sooner or later. I've had to explain this BS to at least 20 customers so far. :/
Old 03-06-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
USPS is struggling right now. It's like there's a glitch with their tracking system, or something. Shipments are getting "pre-shipment" updates after they've already started moving, and that causes them to stop tracking for several days and when/if they DO start tracking again they've lost the tracking history they had before the "pre-shipment glitch" (what I've been calling it, lol).

I thought it was just my outgoing shipments at first but in the last couple weeks I've ordered several things on eBay which took forever to arrive and tracked the same weird way.

Idk if that's what's going on with your shipment but it probably is. Very low chance your return got stolen. The tracking number will probably start showing updates in the destination state.. sooner or later. I've had to explain this BS to at least 20 customers so far. :/
Do you use the same envelopes to ship your items that I posted above? Those look easier to open.
Old 03-06-2021

Thanked 1,103 Times in 1,039 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 33%

I dropped off USPS packages at a local private mail station ,you should see all the USPS packages dropped off every day,there is enough to fill a bathtub!
Some packages are scanned and some are not upon arriving at the local sort facility,so dont worry about it,I dont think your envelope is reason for stealing.
Old 03-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
Do you use the same envelopes to ship your items that I posted above? Those look easier to open.

Yeah.. we use 6x10 #0 bubble mailers for a good 75% of the orders we ship out. For what it's worth they are impossible to open without ripping the mailer open, once they're sealed.

Tracking is just broken right now.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 03-07-2021 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-17-2021

Longevity: 38%

Yeah, I guess I've shipped 100s of 1000s of bubble mailers and poly bag shipments over the years, and have never had anything stolen/missing. (not reported to me, anyway)

Tracking is hit or miss in some areas.
Old 03-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

I have shipped many items from ebay over the years with the same envelopes and have never had a problem with theft. I suppose the only issue I have had, especially this past Christmas season, was that almost everything I sent out took anywhere from 2 to maybe 5 weeks to reach its destination even if it was the next state over. My buyers messaged, questioned and threatened me with negative feedback, but eventually they all went through, and everyone was content whether they left me feedback or not, and no chargebacks. I also had the "not yet in system" too, but showed up 6 weeks later.

I would say just try to have a little more patience and even a couple of more weeks to see a brighter outcome. USPS is running slower too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
I returned an item to a company 2 weeks ago at "USPS". I didn't stand in line this time to get a receipt. I printed the label, and dropped inside box. It has been 2 weeks and status says "Label Created, not yet in system".

Should I consider package stolen by one of the workers? If so, who do I contact without receipt of proof? I think next time I'll just stand in line for returns. Too many thieves out there if this is the case.