Idiot buyers - Non paying buyers - Complaints - talk about your Bad Buyer experiences - Page 8 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

Lol go on recipes.com go get him a recipe.. trust me people NEVER read the auctions that's why "Xbox wholesale list" type auctions can go up to $300 when it's just a list...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-03-2008
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

I'd be surprised if anyone has had a more stupid buyer than this.. :D

Once I sold an item to this guy and he paid like within the hour or so. But then later THAT SAME DAY he sends me an email and says "Why the slow shipping??"
Old 01-03-2008

wow
also these penny auctions are done. to do a buy it now u gota list at like 1.75$, unelss you want to list auctions starting with 0.01
Old 01-03-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotinfo View Post
lol paulss that is some awesome advice!! to get back at ebayers who are *******s. nice.
buyers dont care about their buyer account. They can make another buyer account quickly and with the same details
Old 01-03-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
buyers dont care about their buyer account. They can make another buyer account quickly and with the same details
Yup and I've had non pay bidders return under another account many times. As long as they pay and don't cause trouble the next time around, I don't report them.

I also had a paying bidder return under another account and I saw their old account suspended. I did not NARC on the new account since they are buying from me.
Old 01-03-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by savahaganda View Post
dont even worry about the credit bureau... I owe my college money, I owe the army money, I owe block buster money as well as my cell phone company money, but my credit rating is almost 800 points... go figure, the only way I have noticed that you can get bad credit is if you screw your credit card company over or if you dont pay a credit company money you owe... Dont even worry about it
My business is credit. Your credit IS NOT 800 points if you have multiple negs on your report. Not even close to 800. And I bet you $100 I'm correct.
Old 01-04-2008

Longevity: 94%

Sometimes it's not always a competitor. Sometimes it's just a guy who's on a spending spree and wants to bid first and ask questions later. If he likes the final price he gets or decides he really wants it, he goes through with the transaction. How do I know this? hehe
Old 01-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfl23 View Post
Lol go on recipes.com go get him a recipe.. trust me people NEVER read the auctions that's why "Xbox wholesale list" type auctions can go up to $300 when it's just a list...
That's even worse!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savahaganda View Post
how do you post 1 cent auctions for stuff like that... I still dont know how to post digital items...

and by the way Ballsack... I am not an American if it makes a difference... HA HA HA.

There's nothing to know. Just start the auction at a penny.
Old 01-06-2008

well all it takes is a simple download link to get the receipie (you, the buyer can easily get it.) Its so easy to do, and you can keep the buyer happy, even if for sure he wont use it.
Old 01-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

But why do I even need to do that? It's absolutely pointless and nonsensical. These ppl aren't interested in my personal deer jerky recipe. It seems the only thing they're interested in is being stupid. They know they're bidding on my auction to build their feedback and they know I'm doing it to build mine so what's the problem? It's no wonder why America is sinking fast.
Old 02-07-2008

I buy visa gift cards from the post office straight over the counter
in Australia works fine here
They are $50 min though but thats ok cause my fees are normaly that after the first month
Old 02-07-2008

oh sorry got side tracked with you all moving onto something alse in this thread lol

Whome email me the name of that sad puppy you had trouble with and il fix him up good!

Il have im suspended in a flash lol
Old 02-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%
Default Fraudulent buyer got what he deserved ...

I had someone from Italy buy a $80 item (including shipping) about 2 weeks ago . I sent the package the next day and provided him with the tracking number. It was sent via just registered mail, not FedEx or anything like that. I also told him that from Japan to Italy, it probably takes about 3-4 weeks with registered mail. It also mentioned that in the listing.

He didn't answer, so I think it's all okay. Suddenly, a week after it was shipped, he opens a PayPal claim, not just a dispute, but says "never got product, money back please. fraud seller". Of course, I immediately provide PayPal the tracking information and notice myself that the item was actually delivered to him the day before the claim was opened.

So I reply that to the dispute, including the tracking URL, which shows the address but not the name of the buyer. I also check the feedback profile of the buyer and he has 5 positives from last year and 4 negatives from this year, 3 of them this month, of which all of them say that he's a fraudulent buyer that received the merchandise and then after opened a claim. How his account is still open with 4 negatives out of 9 I have no idea.

I also made PayPal aware of the fact that he has 4 negatives for the same reason.

So finally PayPal sends me an email that they have resolved the claim and guess what, in favor of the buyer. No comments here. I don't even care, it's just $80. I had not left him feedback yet and wasn't going to, because I don't want retaliatory feedback back from him.

So I logged into my eBay account and noticed I had the option to file for an unpaid item dispute, because the transaction funds were returned to him. So I did that and waited for 7 days. He hasn't responded and I gave him an unpaid item strike. A few hours later, I checked his profile and it was suspended. I guess that was one thing too much for him :D

Still it amazes me that it takes 5 negatives out of 10 for an account to be suspended. And for PayPal to side with the buyer after I can show the delivery address and the 4 negatives he received for the same reason.
Old 02-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

$80.00 is only part. Why be slapped in the face twice with the buyer then
paypal?
Old 02-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Fact is paypal along with everyone else is afraid to death of chargebacks. That's why a company like bidpay was so special. Of course they screwed themselves by tying their entire business into ebay.
Old 02-24-2008

yeah I read an interesting article that basically if the person pays with a credit card that there is no way the seller will win because paypal is scared that if they dont give the money back that the person can just go file a chargeback with their company and that comes out of paypals pocket. Esp in cases where the money has already been removed.
Old 02-24-2008

Congrats on fighting for what is right and winning.
Old 02-24-2008

Paypal is weak. I wonder why they don't just block charge backs, they could care less for their customers, what's stopping them? E-Gold blocks charge backs.
Old 02-24-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Nice job imjustme, its too bad you lost money though. I hate when that happens. :(
Old 02-27-2008

Default Evil Competitor / Malicious Buyer "Kicker"

I've discovered a way to do something, which many of us could really use. Imagine the scenarios:

Scenario One:
You know a certain buyer that you've had a bad experience with, you don't want to ban him because your afraid of having your account chopped, you also may have other accounts that your trying to keep separate. What action can you take?

Scenario Two:
You have an evil competitor. They sign up for accounts to buy products off people in their field to cause trouble and leave you negatives. You know who this (or these) people are. What action..can you take?

How about, a "Kicker" in your listings. When someone accesses your listing, it checks their username, if its one on your 'blacklist' it stores the IP, so that if they access with another account, and have the same IP they can also be identified. If one of these people, with a blacklisted UN or IP try to access your listings, they are instantly sent backwards by the browser.

It can be done, but here are the issues:

1) If the competitor is sophisticated enough, they can use the same methods one uses for multiple seperate ebay accounts to circumvent it
2) if they turn off javascript they can avoid being sent backwards, BUT with my method it will still have a record of them accessing the listing, and I'm sure we can think of non-javascript ways of denying them access without using the ban facility - the main thing is knowing who they are, and what they're doing.

Even with these issues, it could still irradicate most of problems in this area.

Let me know what you think, issues, would you like something like this etc.
Old 02-27-2008

i think if you are that pissed at a competitor/buyer/other person, just making them go back from your listing is like inviting a serial rapist for a cup of tea.
id want to do a little more than just make them not access your listing. but thats just me lol
Old 02-27-2008

i would think that the point is not revenge, but prevention of further issues.

prevention stops problems, revenge can tend to propel them, IMO.
Closed Thread