Idiot buyers - Non paying buyers - Complaints - talk about your Bad Buyer experiences - Page 10 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Idiot buyer, Possible not as described dispute with ebay

Hello, i am a seller of authentic designer wallets sourced from over stocked / end of season distributors. I recently sold a gucci wallet to a customer who is complaining that the box was badly scrached ( Which was clearly stated in the listing, Bold & underlined) and that the item is not authentic. I have sold over 15 of these before with no problems.

i am concerned that will open a " not as described " dispute with eBay. They paid via bank deposit as i dont accept paypals bull****. I currently have 40 feedback all 100% and have been registered since 2005.

I dont wish to give a refund so I am just wondering, what are your thoughts on the likely outcome if they do file a not as described dispute with ebay?
... suspension? would ebay side with them? they have 15 feedback 100%

Note they didnt pay by paypal so theres no worry of a paypal dispute.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Why not think of it as good PR, swop the box with the.... buyer. Why create
dramas for yourself. Be flexible even in the face of BS.
Old 03-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Why not think of it as good PR, swop the box with the.... buyer. Why create
dramas for yourself. Be flexible even in the face of BS.
Maybe because 1 item comes with 1 box its not a mix & match operation.

in other words i dont have a spare box just lying around.
Old 03-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

OK.But that inflexible attitude will give you more BS.
Old 03-19-2008

Longevity: 95%

GB is quite correct, your enisaging all the worst scenario's, when you have the ability to nip it all in the bud.. Get them to return item to you special recorded delivery, and refund them.. they can cause you far more headache than just an item not as described.. You don't say if they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or not.. selling 15+ of them does not make them authentic.. your fate with this one, is in your own hands.
Old 03-19-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscan View Post
Hello, i am a seller of authentic designer wallets sourced from over stocked / end of season distributors. I recently sold a gucci wallet to a customer who is complaining that the box was badly scrached ( Which was clearly stated in the listing, Bold & underlined) and that the item is not authentic. I have sold over 15 of these before with no problems.

i am concerned that will open a " not as described " dispute with eBay. They paid via bank deposit as i dont accept paypals bull****. I currently have 40 feedback all 100% and have been registered since 2005.

I dont wish to give a refund so I am just wondering, what are your thoughts on the likely outcome if they do file a not as described dispute with ebay?
... suspension? would ebay side with them? they have 15 feedback 100%

Note they didnt pay by paypal so theres no worry of a paypal dispute.

Thanks
Always refund the buyer. No questions asked.

You'll stay stay under the radar and stay in business a lot longer. A bad seller is a paranoid seller. Just refund and move on. Why screw it all up now? And for what? An empty wallet? Cause that's what you're gonna end up with in the long run if you dispute the buyer. Refund? No problem.
Old 03-19-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I usually say oh well they didn't read the auction... but in this case I have to agree. Make your customer happy and they won't have a reason to call attention to you.
Old 03-19-2008

-get the item first, than you will have (item + money)
-let the customer leave a positive feedback before you refund him,
-refund the customer,
-relist the item without box, (don't mention any thing about the box)
-ship the item in a different box, I usually use CD's envelops for wallets.
Old 03-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thank you for all your replies
Old 03-20-2008

that was great. Excellent seller advice, I'm loving it. Out of curiosity, how do you get your buyers to do bank deposits, do many of them resist that, do you ever get penalised by ebay for it? Do you put it in your listings? Does it cost anything at all?
Old 03-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

ytl, I know for sure in Australia that you can list payment as bank transfer. Very popular. A good point is that is that it reduces the chance of chargeback? You
get the funds well & truly and .......you keep the upper hand.

eg, if an item sold over say US$200 paid in to the nominated bank account is much nicer that that amount in paypal. LOL.
Old 03-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytl View Post
that was great. Excellent seller advice, I'm loving it. Out of curiosity, how do you get your buyers to do bank deposits, do many of them resist that, do you ever get penalised by ebay for it? Do you put it in your listings? Does it cost anything at all?
I have an old account which allows you to not use paypal
therefore i only accept bank deposit
Old 03-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
ytl, I know for sure in Australia that you can list payment as bank transfer. Very popular. A good point is that is that it reduces the chance of chargeback? You
get the funds well & truly and .......you keep the upper hand.

eg, if an item sold over say US$200 paid in to the nominated bank account is much nicer that that amount in paypal. LOL.
I guess its worth dealing with this bs and keeping the ebay account that freely lets u not accept paypal.
Old 03-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Yes. It works. Is Australia where you are? If you show the flag then the answers can be given better. As you might realize there are some differences between the major ebay sites.

oh lordy! You have an account that does not need paypal? You have
a goldmine then. I suggest to quickly start to LOVE those stupid
buyers and therefore stay under ebay flags.
Old 03-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yes. It works. Is Australia where you are? If you show the flag then the answers can be given better. As you might realize there are some differences between the major ebay sites.

oh lordy! You have an account that does not need paypal? You have
a goldmine then. I suggest to quickly start to LOVE those stupid
buyers and therefore stay under ebay flags.
Yeah ive taken the advice and decided to refund the buyer.
sorry for the attitude yesterday, just ticked off with the stupid customer.
Australia is where i am too.
Old 03-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

No worries. I know very well how it feels.
Old 03-21-2008

I'm in UK, how old does the account have to be? My main one is a good couple of year old.

I've never seen anything about bank deposits, unless you list in dscription. No chargebacks, no fees (except international banking). Excellent.
Old 03-25-2008

Default What is it with buyer anymore?

What the heck is it with buyers anymore.

I listed an item that was an antique valued at 275.00. I bought it for 30.00 and it sold for 95.00. Today the buyer of the item sent me an email telling me that they ripped me off that this item was well worth over 275.00 and the last one sold a couple weeks ago on ebay for 255.00. Now why would anyone take the time to email someone to tell them this?

So I dug into this buyers purchasing history and found they purchased a reproduction item similar to this just a few weeks ago and paid 300.00 for it. But once they got it they then left feedback that the seller was a rip off and selling reproductions as old. The stinking buyer buys this type item all the time and should know better. So the feedback went back and forth and this buyer said they were scammed. The seller responded by saying it was clearly stated in the ad that is was new.

Now they send me an email telling me they ripped me off and they got a deal from me. This is not the only thing like this to happen recently, it seems to be a trend that buyers want to steal something from you but if they buy something and do not like it or cannot make money off it its all of a sudden your fault.

Another case this week was a lady told me that she decided that she didnt want my item because she found one much cheaper and that she wanted me to agree to not continue the sale. Bull! You bid people up and now do not want it and you have the guts to tell me that you found it cheaper and now do not want it.

So what is it with buyers? The first buyer was ripping the seller off by thinking they had stolen a rare piece when in fact is was new, but they didnt think twice about ripping the seller off did they, but send me a email that she stole this from me and that she would have paid allot more.

Anyone else see this with their items?

Are buyers are becoming like theives for something. They want to be able to steal something from you but it better not be 1/16" off or better not be a shade of red different then your photo, or they decided they didnt want it etc etc.

So what is it with these people, like this first buyer, it was ok for her to rip me off and tell me about it ( I made money on it and dont care ) but it was not ok for the other seller to sell her a reproduction ( which she should have known anyway! ) and call him a rip off.
Old 03-25-2008

Ebay protects them, thats what up with them. They can get their money back on crap like oh i didnt read the things you told me to read or, I decided after I bought it that I want something different.
Old 03-25-2008

its the whole "customer is always right" mentality.
Old 03-25-2008

I do not mind being a good business person and being right to the customer but some of them are going to far, its ok for them to rip you off and tell you about it and its not ok when they overpay for something they thought was real and valuable and its all of a sudden the sellers fault.
To send an email telling you they stole something from you just takes the cake.
Amazing how things have really changed on ebay for buyers. Yes, ebay is protecting them and the buyer are taking advantage of it too.
I sold something to a person in Germany once, my listing and my button for no international sales was click and they used bin to grab it.
I emailed them and told them I will not ship out of the US, a day later they left me a nasty negative.
Ebay has created this monster, dont you guys/gals think so?
Old 03-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotinfo View Post
its the whole "customer is always right" mentality.
That's funny! A buyer actually told me this today. They filed a not as described claim and it was found in my favor. Buyer wrote me a nasty email because she didn't get her way.
Closed Thread