How many hours to you spend per day?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 01-07-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default How many hours to you spend per day??

I'm just curious to know how many hours some of you all spend per day listing/shipping. Sometimes I feel as if I'm a little lazy and not doing all I could do. Just want others opinions on how much time they spend. All answers appreciated!

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2013

Longevity: 73%

Probably 2-3 hours a day for that stuff a lot of my time goes to product research/talking to suppliers and just scoping for new products and customer support takes a lot of time also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightmaria For This Useful Post:
makingmoneyiseasy (01-07-2013), Packattack12 (01-08-2013)
Old 01-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

I am at 7 hours a day total with all of that, customer blah blahing, packing up, and post office run. Over 6 months ago I would say I sent half of that.

But it really depends on some stuff you sell also. I am getting into more unique items, like only having 2-3 at one time instead of having over 20 of a single item. So I am sending more time in writing a description for it.

If people are getting into higher risk items, you are going to send more time on customer service, returns, and other things.

Last edited by yotano211; 01-07-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-07-2013
Nephilim

Longevity: 0%

I get lazy at home sometimes to, so I all I do is just take a couple of breaks in between or maybe go to the gym and break a sweat. Normally when I do that, I am all fired up again!
Old 01-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by makingmoneyiseasy View Post
I'm just curious to know how many hours some of you all spend per day listing/shipping. Sometimes I feel as if I'm a little lazy and not doing all I could do. Just want others opinions on how much time they spend. All answers appreciated!

Thanks!
Always say what you do so we get an idea too.

Why do you think you might be lazy?

For what your business plan is you may not be lazy. May just need a slight change of how you work.

I do not 'list'. But I source the goods, do accounts & customer service. Partner lists & sends the items out. More hours than I like are spent on this though.

Old 01-08-2013

Longevity: 67%

If possible, outsource as much work as you can.

If you can make $30.00 hour doing marketing and promoting, then pay someone $10.00 to do the mundane work.

The sooner you outsource or get assistance the sooner you'll make more money. It's that simple.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (03-04-2013)
Old 01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
I am at 7 hours a day total with all of that, customer blah blahing, packing up, and post office run. Over 6 months ago I would say I sent half of that.

But it really depends on some stuff you sell also. I am getting into more unique items, like only having 2-3 at one time instead of having over 20 of a single item. So I am sending more time in writing a description for it.

If people are getting into higher risk items, you are going to send more time on customer service, returns, and other things.
7 hours, yuck. Sounds like a JOB (Just Over Broke).

I hope you're making great money to compensate for 35+ hours per week.
Old 01-08-2013

Longevity: 93%

I'm just finishing after six hours. The actual work could have been condensed into 4 hours, but was quite a productive day.
Old 01-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post

What a stupid comment you just posted.

Some people on here work longer than that. And yes, this is my JOB. This JOB replaced a real full time job that I quit some time ago, and the amount of money I make is none of your business.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
golden_monkey (01-11-2013)
Old 01-08-2013

Longevity: 65%

I start around 8.00am and finish around 9.00pm
6 days a week then around 4 hours on sunday.
But thats my choice . i dont have anyone telling me what time to start and finish.
And i have a lot of mouths to feed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
Elijah (01-08-2013), infinitelyannoyed (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013

Quote:
If possible, outsource as much work as you can.

If you can make $30.00 hour doing marketing and promoting, then pay someone $10.00 to do the mundane work.

The sooner you outsource or get assistance the sooner you'll make more money. It's that simple.
Not always that simple.
You have a quiet spell and your working just to pay staff wages, not good.
Keep costs / overheads to a bare minimum then what you earn goes in your pocket no one elses.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
Elijah (01-08-2013), Packattack12 (01-08-2013), zoneout (01-10-2013)
Old 01-08-2013

Quote:
What a stupid comment you just posted.

Some people on here work longer than that. And yes, this is my JOB. This JOB replaced a real full time job that I quit some time ago, and the amount of money I make is none of your business.
It's not a stupid comment. One of the primary reasons people flock to the Internet is to work less hours, make good money, and have a better lifestyle.

Of course some work longer, harder hours. Isn't that true in any business?

I didn't ask how much money you make, I simply stated "I hope your making good money for all the hours you put in."

The problem with jobs is that you need to actually put in hours to make money. You're exchanging your Time for Money. That's not good. That's what Employees do.

A real business makes you money regardless of whether you put in zero hours or 80 hours per week. A lot of people "think" they own a business, yet in reality, they may only have a High Paying JOB."

If you became sick, disabled, etc... in most cases your income stops. I own businesses that provide me income whether I work 0 or 80 hours per week.

I prefer to own a business that brings in Passive Income, not a so-called business that requires my 100% attention every day.

That's why people need to outsource as much work as possible.

I am a business consultant, I can't tell you how many times I hear business owners tell me they own a business. When in fact they don't. The minute they get sick, disable, sidetracked, etc... their business goes to hell.

If you're exchanging Time for Money then you don't own a business. Bill Gates owns a business, a Dentist does not in most cases. A Dentist only makes money when a patient is sitting in his chair.

An associate of mine used to debate me on this, he was a dentist. He kept telling me how great his business was doing. One day while cooking, he slit his hand with a knife. His dental career was OVER.

He was only 30 something and had to start all over again. Fortunately he had a Disability policy and agreed to a one-time lump settlement. He invested that money into a real business that does NOT require his input to make money.

That is how a real business operates.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
aspkin (02-08-2013), flyspur (01-21-2013), GhostWhoWalks (01-21-2013), ust0 (02-20-2013)
Old 01-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Do me a small favor, please?

re-read the TONE of what you posted.

'yuck' & Sounds like a JOB (Just Over Broke)........

sounds like a put down from where I am reading downunder....

99% sure you did not intend it.

Thread is a light-hearted chat on how we do stealth.

It's not how we aim to make retirement monies.

Peace & Mungbeans

km018 (02-14-2013), poorgirl (02-14-2013), stanislav (02-18-2013)
Old 01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

Do me a small favor, please?

re-read the TONE of what you posted.

'yuck' & Sounds like a JOB (Just Over Broke)........

sounds like a put down from where I am reading downunder....

99% sure you did not intend it.

Thread is a light-hearted chat on how we do stealth.

It's not how we aim to make retirement monies.

Peace & Mungbeans

Maybe I should have said that lifestyle is not for me.
Old 01-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
It's not a stupid comment. One of the primary reasons people flock to the Internet is to work less hours, make good money, and have a better lifestyle.

I didn't ask how much money you make, I simply stated "I hope your making good money for all the hours you put in."

The problem with jobs is that you need to actually put in hours to make money. You're exchanging your Time for Money. That's not good. That's what Employees do.

A real business makes you money regardless of whether you put in zero hours or 80 hours per week. A lot of people "think" they own a business, yet in reality, they may only have a High Paying JOB."

If you became sick, disabled, etc... in most cases your income stops. I own businesses that provide me income whether I work 0 or 80 hours per week.

I prefer to own a business that brings in Passive Income, not a so-called business that requires my 100% attention every day.

I am a business consultant, I can't tell you how many times I hear business owners tell me they own a business. When in fact they don't. The minute they get sick, disable, sidetracked, etc... their business goes to hell.

If you're exchanging Time for Money then you don't own a business. Bill Gates owns a business, a Dentist does not in most cases. A Dentist only makes money when a patient is sitting in his chair.

An associate of mine used to debate me on this, he was a dentist. He kept telling me how great his business was doing. One day while cooking, he slit his hand with a knife. His dental career was OVER.

He was only 30 something and had to start all over again. Fortunately he had a Disability policy and agreed to a one-time lump settlement. He invested that money into a real business that does NOT require his input to make money.

Good for you that you can work 0 hours per week.

Bad for us, that it gives you the time to come on here with your condescending lectures.

We've had recent expert advice on relationship councelling and internet marketing. What's on the agenda this week?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
DoubleA (01-11-2013), josh (04-18-2013), poorgirl (02-14-2013), stanislav (02-18-2013)
Old 01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Good for you that you can work 0 hours per week.

Bad for us, that it gives you the time to come on here with your condescending lectures.

We've had recent expert advice on relationship councelling and internet marketing. What's on the agenda this week?
I never said I work Zero hours per week. I work (real work) about 15 hours per week, sometimes more, sometimes less.

The point I was trying to make before everyone got so Defensive is that exchanging Time for Money is not a good business plan in the long run.

Having a business that brings in passive income is necessary. It can be done with Ebay. I know people who Ebay who make 6 figures per year but put in very few hours. They outsource and hire people to give themselves more opportunity to work ON their Ebay business not IN it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
aspkin (02-08-2013), flyspur (01-21-2013), golden_monkey (01-11-2013)
Old 01-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Most people dont have the stomach to start anything online, they dream and dream and nothing comes out. They just complain and move on with their lives. I have worked with tons of these types.

You posted "making good money" on your post, so it counts as asking how much you make in my eyes.

I am making more money than my old real job, my reason for quitting. My stress level went from sky high to "downunder", but my stomach went from flat to more rounder. hahaha

When I tell people that I "have" a business, I really tell them "have". I dont "own" nothing but a 2010 Prius sitting in my parking lot fully paid (I'm proud).

I am working on my major business plan to someday just hand over my properties to a management company and have them manage apartments that I buy. But I first need to pay off lots of student loans that was able to let me work and travel with some very good Wall Street banks.

I still miss the time and people that I have worked over the years but I moved on to better things and happier things.
Old 01-08-2013

Quote:
I am making more money than my old real job, my reason for quitting. My stress level went from sky high to "downunder", but my stomach went from flat to more rounder. hahaha

When I tell people that I "have" a business, I really tell them "have". I dont "own" nothing but a 2010 Prius sitting in my parking lot fully paid (I'm proud).

I am working on my major business plan to someday just hand over my properties to a management company and have them manage apartments that I buy.

But I first need to pay off lots of student loans that was able to let me work and travel with some very good Wall Street banks.

I still miss the time and people that I have worked over the years but I moved on to better things and happier things.
Sounds like things are going well. I didn't mean any disrepect to anyone. All I'm saying is there are better ways to earn money from Ebay than humping your ass off all day by yourself..

In regards to College Loans, I'm trying to find a way to capitalize on that market as we speak. It's the next Mortgage fiasco in the making. All these kids are leaving college with massive debt and good paying careers are not available in most areas.

No good paying jobs means lots of defaults. College debt can't be discharged in bankruptcy either so it's ticking time bomb.
Old 01-08-2013

OP is trying to get a guide to the hours we put into stealth ????
Not formulate a plan to take over the world.
The Following User Says Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

I might need to take a business consult on this

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
JJGold (01-08-2013), yotano211 (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 71%

I LOVE IT! These are all great answers. I'm glad to see there are more people that take this more serious than me! LOL

With that being said... There's ALOT more money to make!
Old 01-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
I might need to take a business consult on this

girl you kill me...hahhahaha