How many hours to you spend per day?? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 01-21-2013
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
It's not a stupid comment. One of the primary reasons people flock to the Internet is to work less hours, make good money, and have a better lifestyle.

Of course some work longer, harder hours. Isn't that true in any business?

I didn't ask how much money you make, I simply stated "I hope your making good money for all the hours you put in."

The problem with jobs is that you need to actually put in hours to make money. You're exchanging your Time for Money. That's not good. That's what Employees do.

A real business makes you money regardless of whether you put in zero hours or 80 hours per week. A lot of people "think" they own a business, yet in reality, they may only have a High Paying JOB."

If you became sick, disabled, etc... in most cases your income stops. I own businesses that provide me income whether I work 0 or 80 hours per week.

I prefer to own a business that brings in Passive Income, not a so-called business that requires my 100% attention every day.

That's why people need to outsource as much work as possible.

I am a business consultant, I can't tell you how many times I hear business owners tell me they own a business. When in fact they don't. The minute they get sick, disable, sidetracked, etc... their business goes to hell.

If you're exchanging Time for Money then you don't own a business. Bill Gates owns a business, a Dentist does not in most cases. A Dentist only makes money when a patient is sitting in his chair.

An associate of mine used to debate me on this, he was a dentist. He kept telling me how great his business was doing. One day while cooking, he slit his hand with a knife. His dental career was OVER.

He was only 30 something and had to start all over again. Fortunately he had a Disability policy and agreed to a one-time lump settlement. He invested that money into a real business that does NOT require his input to make money.

That is how a real business operates.
I totally agree with you on here. You are the only one on this site who can really talk business I noticed!

I only got one account and only push the orders once a day 5 minutes only, earning a good 800 to 1000 per month. I know it's crap! But I am testing the waters slowly. I only put in 2.5 hours a month for $320 to $500 per hour. It's only one account and one product there are 5 more to resell and so many accounts to open up. But taking it very slowly. (this is not even a business, just a testing for me).

If you are sitting there on the pc all day long 12 hours a day you are a slave! My wife works for a lady who works from 6 a.m. till 9 at night with tiles. And this lady can not take a day off cause if she does she will be out! She can't replace herself with anyone, cause most people don't care about their jobs in todays world, so if they are only getting paid hourly they won't care really. And hiring good help is VERY hard to find these days! And to train people how you want them to be without them bailing out on you.

Most of these people here were not millionaires as you are, and can relate to you on the level of business.

I use to have a trucking company and if I did not work, I would make $0 per day unless I'd hire someone else to work for me.

I would rather do factoring where I make money daily at .1% per day, on money invested.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-21-2013
Banned

I do about 5 minutes per day no joke. 1 account for now, building up auctions for different accounts before I get started.

I do about very well in profits and I just copy and paste the orders from paypal emails to my website so my buddy does all my shipping I pay him for it, he ships 3 times a week or daily if he wants up too him.

It gives me a lot of time to do research. I am worried once I got my 20 accounts set up I will be a slave working 12 hours a day. :( I probably have questions once a week to customers. I probably get 1 to 3 refunds per month, I give it to them since my margin is very good so I could careless.

If I can do less then 2 hours per day once I am fully set up I'll be very happy cause I can do it from any place in the world! Travel when I please, move as I please etc. And sales are 24/7 on "Good Till Canceled" Auctions "Buy It Now" and that's all.

I don't have to set up more auctions or worry about posting newer auctions up and keeping up the trend with newer stuff. Just let it roll! I am thinking of hiring a family member once I am fully done with everything so they can do my orders daily and orders for my site and I plan on opening 150 websites later on in the future! And paying my friend to do it who already does websites plus doing ads online daily.

I want to be a millionaire this time in 24 months!!!! I got goals! lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
aspkin (02-08-2013), josh (04-18-2013), stanislav (02-18-2013)
Old 01-22-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Example.

Yesterday.

Sunday night went to bed at 3 am.

Up Monday morning ( no school for kids ) at 8 am.

Last night here until 4 am and printing shipping labels on items sold.

Up at 6 am to get kids ready for school etc.

Now 10 am and I am about to drop to the floor.

7 total hours of sleep in 2 days.

I am earning every dime of my money, but no complaints.

If you are not willing to pull some all nighters or give up sitting in the recliner once in a while you will fail like so many do. Then wonder why they have no money, no decent items they always wanted etc.

Hard work pays off. Living proof.

Might even take a 1 hour nap here soon.

But ebay or pp will call asking for "George" and I will have to figure that one out if my brain can move fast enough from being so tired.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
aspkin (02-08-2013), Packattack12 (02-14-2013), stanislav (02-18-2013)
Old 01-26-2013

Ah gosh, 50 to 70 hours a week. My friends are jealous I make a great income working from home but I have no life. My best friends are the postal clerks lol.

Last edited by zelpher; 01-26-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old 02-07-2013

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelpher View Post
Ah gosh, 50 to 70 hours a week. My friends are jealous I make a great income working from home but I have no life. My best friends are the postal clerks lol.
im about to be right there with you man hahaha
Old 02-07-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Approximately 3hrs. a week.

If you got paid for posting in the chat area you would never have to work again MM.

Old 02-08-2013
Banned

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL @ Sandy!
Old 02-08-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelpher View Post
You said you have no life so my question to you is....Is all that money worth it in the end? Money will always be here even after we die and where we go it wont come with us so take some time to enjoy life my friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to NGALO1983 For This Useful Post:
mastaflappa (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013

That's the main difference between rich and poor is poor people are always working trying to make money while rich people are always relaxing enoying life, it's really just a state of mind, work smart and relax vs. work hard and never have enough..
Old 02-08-2013

Longevity: 69%

I'm at about 11-14 hours per day, 7 days per week. My ebay stuff is only a small fraction of that, my main venture takes the bigger part of my days.

It's a little tougher when there's no immediate payout, been doing this for 6 years now, but there's light at the end of the tunnel, finally!
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by css1 View Post
I'm at about 11-14 hours per day, 7 days per week. My ebay stuff is only a small fraction of that, my main venture takes the bigger part of my days.

It's a little tougher when there's no immediate payout, been doing this for 6 years now, but there's light at the end of the tunnel, finally!
Just a quick question, so in all those 6 years did you ever learn how to manage your finances? the reason I asked is because nobody who knows how to manage their finances needs a quick payout, you can live like you're rich working at Mcd's if you know your numbers, my advice would be to learn how to use something like Quickbooks, I think it can help you out quite a bit..

Last edited by mastaflappa; 02-09-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old 02-14-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
It's not a stupid comment. One of the primary reasons people flock to the Internet is to work less hours, make good money, and have a better lifestyle.

Of course some work longer, harder hours. Isn't that true in any business?

I didn't ask how much money you make, I simply stated "I hope your making good money for all the hours you put in."

The problem with jobs is that you need to actually put in hours to make money. You're exchanging your Time for Money. That's not good. That's what Employees do.

A real business makes you money regardless of whether you put in zero hours or 80 hours per week. A lot of people "think" they own a business, yet in reality, they may only have a High Paying JOB."

If you became sick, disabled, etc... in most cases your income stops. I own businesses that provide me income whether I work 0 or 80 hours per week.

I prefer to own a business that brings in Passive Income, not a so-called business that requires my 100% attention every day.

That's why people need to outsource as much work as possible.

I am a business consultant, I can't tell you how many times I hear business owners tell me they own a business. When in fact they don't. The minute they get sick, disable, sidetracked, etc... their business goes to hell.

If you're exchanging Time for Money then you don't own a business. Bill Gates owns a business, a Dentist does not in most cases. A Dentist only makes money when a patient is sitting in his chair.

An associate of mine used to debate me on this, he was a dentist. He kept telling me how great his business was doing. One day while cooking, he slit his hand with a knife. His dental career was OVER.

He was only 30 something and had to start all over again. Fortunately he had a Disability policy and agreed to a one-time lump settlement. He invested that money into a real business that does NOT require his input to make money.

That is how a real business operates.
I do not agree with you!
Old 02-14-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Business owner still need to spend a lot of time each day, my brother in law own a company, he still spend 10 hours plus each day even though he is the company's owner.
Old 02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorgirl View Post
Business owner still need to spend a lot of time each day, my brother in law own a company, he still spend 10 hours plus each day even though he is the company's owner.
There's many other options avalable now, maybe your brother in law likes working 10 hours a day. For me working 30 minutes per day makes me way more then my day job ever did, that's just the option I chose..
Old 02-14-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
I never said I work Zero hours per week. I work (real work) about 15 hours per week, sometimes more, sometimes less.

The point I was trying to make before everyone got so Defensive is that exchanging Time for Money is not a good business plan in the long run.

Having a business that brings in passive income is necessary. It can be done with Ebay. I know people who Ebay who make 6 figures per year but put in very few hours. They outsource and hire people to give themselves more opportunity to work ON their Ebay business not IN it.
well, that's why someone said you are lucky. However, we are looking for 7 plus figures per year, like my brother in law, he works 10 hours plus per day and business travel ever 3 months, he own a factory in US and china BUT he work hard! Regardless he is the business owner.
Old 02-14-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastaflappa View Post
There's many other options avalable now, maybe your brother in law likes working 10 hours a day. For me working 30 minutes per day makes me way more then my day job ever did, that's just the option I chose..
I know there are many options out there about 5 years ago when he started his business, there were only 3 people, and now 5 years later, in the US, he has more than 60 workers and recently he just opened his own factory in China and he adds a new product research department in China. Buttom of line is that he works very hard each day.
Old 02-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
If you got paid for posting in the chat area you would never have to work again MM.

How do you know I'm not?

On the Payroll.... By the way, Aspkin I didn't get my check this week!
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
slim jim (02-14-2013)
Old 02-14-2013

Longevity: 71%

Right now i am working 2 hours a day

Bought another house busy with renovation
Old 02-14-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
How do you know I'm not?

On the Payroll.... By the way, Aspkin I didn't get my check this week!

You are way overpaid then.

Old 02-14-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamcocktail21 View Post
Right now i am working 2 hours a day

Bought another house busy with renovation
Good luck.

We hired all our work done on the last one we bought.

We figured up the time and money and actually could pay someone to do the small things we needed done and end up ahead.

If you are very handy and can save money in the long run doing it yourself and can reap the benefits quicker etc then go for it.
Old 02-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
You are way overpaid then.

Overpaid? I get $2/hr! and that's with Overtime!
Old 02-15-2013

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Good luck.

We hired all our work done on the last one we bought.

We figured up the time and money and actually could pay someone to do the small things we needed done and end up ahead.

If you are very handy and can save money in the long run doing it yourself and can reap the benefits quicker etc then go for it.
Yes i can do everything from plumbing to roof Well i have 2 workers but i have to be all day there cause i am doing some work as well.In a few weeks should be ready for rent