Advice needed please - Flannels - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 04-07-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Advice needed please - Flannels

I recently bought two Gucci watches, 100% authentic from Flannels, who are a known distributor of designer/luxury wear

I received the parcel a week ago when one of the watches were genuinely missing! I received just the empty box

However I received the other watch perfectly fine, note they were both in the same parcel

I contacted flannels and they investigated the situation relatively fast and came to a conclusion that both watches were packed in their boxes based on 'security footage and three signatures regarding this'

By the way the delivery courier they were using was Yodel

What step should I proceed with now do you personally think? Take it up to court or just get over it?

Any advice welcome

Last edited by iAlaminium; 04-07-2013 at 11:04 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Advice needed please - Flannels

How did you pay them?

If with credit card you can do a chargeback, or with Paypal you can open a SNAD case
Old 04-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Better to do INR with paypal.

Paid for two items but only got one.

Or sue them
Old 04-07-2013

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAlaminium View Post
I recently bought two Gucci watches, 100% authentic from Flannels, who are a known distributor of designer/luxury wear

I received the parcel a week ago when one of the watches were genuinely missing! I received just the empty box

However I received the other watch perfectly fine, note they were both in the same parcel

I contacted flannels and they investigated the situation relatively fast and came to a conclusion that both watches were packed in their boxes based on 'security footage and three signatures regarding this'

By the way the delivery courier they were using was Yodel

What step should I proceed with now do you personally think? Take it up to court or just get over it?

Any advice welcome
If you made the payment with a credit card you could do a charge back until the matter is resolved.
Old 04-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

yes try any method possible you can to get your money back, because they could be saying the 'security footage' statement to try and scare you off.
Old 04-07-2013
Threadstarter  

I paid with a credit card so I will contact the bank asking for a charge back

However, understanding that many people may have attempted this in attempt to get money back whilst receiving the product, how can I differentiate myself from these people? Because I have no proof that I didn't actually receive the product

I did however take a video clip after it being first opened but that won't be sufficient enough to sue them will it? What are the chances of me winning a case in this situation anyways?

Moreover, the cost of the watch was £260, costs regarding a case would be more so would it actually be worth it?

Appreciate the support very much
Old 04-07-2013

You will get your money back with the bank within 1 week. Under section 75 of the banking act, introduced by the financial omnibudsmen you are entitled to chargeback and for a full refund for any product/service not received. However first try going through paypal if you used them. if you used your card call your company and tell them. Any evidence you have - the box, emails, refusal to refund, video. Keep for the bank
Old 04-07-2013
Threadstarter  

Alright I will do so first thing tomorrow

Thanks very much

Last edited by iAlaminium; 04-07-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-07-2013

no worries..theres a great link here if you need any help

- Section 75 refunds: Free protection for ALL spending...
Old 04-07-2013

Longevity: 80%

This will be tough but in cases like this the weight of the package plays a big roll. Clearly if you were sent 2 and the package is lighter than it should be then you were not shipped what you were bought.

The bank may not side with you at all, so best to gather all the info before you do anything as you will have 1 shot at winning this case with
Old 04-07-2013

Default Advice needed please - Flannels

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyhustler88 View Post
You will get your money back with the bank within 1 week. Under section 75 of the banking act, introduced by the financial omnibudsmen you are entitled to chargeback and for a full refund for any product/service not received. However first try going through paypal if you used them. if you used your card call your company and tell them. Any evidence you have - the box, emails, refusal to refund, video. Keep for the bank
I don't believe the section 75 act applies to third party transactions such as PayPal.
Old 04-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I paid with a credit card so I will contact the bank asking for a charge back

However, understanding that many people may have attempted this in attempt to get money back whilst receiving the product, how can I differentiate myself from these people? Because I have no proof that I didn't actually receive the product

I did however take a video clip after it being first opened but that won't be sufficient enough to sue them will it? What are the chances of me winning a case in this situation anyways?

Moreover, the cost of the watch was £260, costs regarding a case would be more so would it actually be worth it?

Appreciate the support very much
You paid with credit card - good, most cards have fraud protection built in as long as you DONT abuse the system. Your chances are good - 260 is not a crazy high amount
Old 04-07-2013

Section 75 covers all transactions including paypal. The only catch is most banks sa you have to have given the party in question 14 days to resolve or refund you first.
Old 04-07-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 64%
Default This just happened to us also

The very same thing happened well with a few differences. We bought a gold necklace and when the box got here inside was packing paper and a stack of 4 quarters taped together and a packing slip. Now the box that came in is a huge box (much different than what we would ship a necklace in) We are very honest and this really took us by surprise and I have to admit we jumped to conclusions in thinking the seller did this quite intentionally. On to the case, when we opened the case the seller just kept sending messages but did not offer a solution other than saying the shipment was insured and he would have to file a claim withh the insurance but again not saying if he planned to have is wait for those funds or? Long story short the case was escalated and ebay is now requesting a long list of information from the police report we filed. The problem at this point is that the city I live in no longer has a personal property division so we call an organization called crimecheck and file the areport so there isn't an officers badge number or any of that. That is where it is to date so I would think your next action would be to file a police report. I apologize for the long winded reply lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to dc+4 For This Useful Post:
moneyhustler88 (04-07-2013)
Old 04-07-2013
Threadstarter  

No problem mate, when I first opened the box to see it empty I just assumed it was a mistake and was very calm about it, and Flannels is generally a very reliable business so thought I would get my money back or the watch, thought wrong
Old 04-07-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
This will be tough but in cases like this the weight of the package plays a big roll. Clearly if you were sent 2 and the package is lighter than it should be then you were not shipped what you were bought.

The bank may not side with you at all, so best to gather all the info before you do anything as you will have 1 shot at winning this case with
It has been 11/12 days since I purchased the watch and they checked the weight of the parcel and confirmed that both watches were dispatched

I have a feeling that the middle man, or the courier was involved in nabbing the watch, Yodel already has a bad reputation doesn't it?

But I will do tomorrow and gather everything I can, I shall update on what happens

Once again very appreciative with the support
Old 04-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Issue comes down to they are the supplier.

They take the responsibility.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
iAlaminium (04-07-2013)
Old 04-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Called up my credit card company, Post Office Mastercard, and they have said they cannot do anything if the company has proof that it was dispatched from their side

What now?
Old 04-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Called up my credit card company, Post Office Mastercard, and they have said they cannot do anything if the company has proof that it was dispatched from their side

What now?
Maybe its different in the US but here they always give a provisional credit while investigating the situation . Does the label u have show the weight of the package?
Old 04-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
Maybe its different in the US but here they always give a provisional credit while investigating the situation . Does the label u have show the weight of the package?
Nope but they also did mention that the weight of the package was infact the correct weight when dispatching
Old 04-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Of course they said that. If you do online tracking of the package, sometimes the scanned weight will show. Call the shipping company , explain the situation and make them help you get some info. It might take talking to a few people and calling back a few times but the info must be there
Old 04-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
Of course they said that. If you do online tracking of the package, sometimes the scanned weight will show. Call the shipping company , explain the situation and make them help you get some info. It might take talking to a few people and calling back a few times but the info must be there
Alright I will call up the delivery courier but I honestly doubt they will do anything about it regardless