Mail carrier relationship - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 03-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Mail carrier relationship

Do you guys have personal relationships with your mail carrier now? I'm sure some of you see him or her multiple times a week with the volume of sales you have. Do they ever ask what you do? Not sure if they are even allowed to ask these kinds of questions or not.

Old 03-12-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Mail carrier relationship

Anyone know if you can pay for a personal carrier that delivers only your packages directly?
Old 03-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Tip him around Christmas - make small talk - build good relations.

I havent done something like pay for direct delivery however
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
SilentHill (03-14-2015)
Old 03-14-2015

Longevity: 55%

It will be possible to do that for anyone who gets up to the level of needing that, although by that time all kinds of carrier options will be available and crying out to be used by someone they can make that much money from.
Old 03-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

drop it in the box and RUN!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (03-14-2015), taerese (03-24-2015)
Old 03-14-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

I do have a very good relationship with my postal worker. I go in everyday and drop off my packages at the same time. It is always hit or miss though. One of the workers is very awkward, but the other is very nice/helpful. He also used to run e-commerce businesses so we have stuff in common
Old 03-14-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSSDistributing View Post
I do have a very good relationship with my postal worker. I go in everyday and drop off my packages at the same time. It is always hit or miss though. One of the workers is very awkward, but the other is very nice/helpful. He also used to run e-commerce businesses so we have stuff in common

WOW doesn't sound that postal worker is much if an advert for e-commerce RSSDistributing !, you gave him quite a build up there, and then for us to realise he now was working as a postal worker after as you say running e-commerce businesses, wonder what happened to his businesses!
Old 03-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

I love my ladies down at the Post Office... And they love me!
I go there three times a week and they can't get enough of me. No matter how long the que is, they always tell me to jump it and once even started an argument with this old lady who was shouting at them.
During busy Christmas period I bought them boxe of chocolate and other eadibles, just to keep them going.
When I drop my stuff off and I don't have enough money on my card, they always process my parcels and never cause a delay just because I was £10 short or something.

The Postman who delivers stuff for me is a funny guy as well because I almost always get at least a parcel a day- Either me or my other half. I once made him a cuppa as well because it was such a ******* of a weather outside. The guy is cool, never takes my stuff to local depo if I'm not home- Even if it's signed for. Always either tries to deliver on his way back home or brings it with him the next morning.

Also local Yodel and Hermes guys, they are allright- Bit of a nob that Hermes bloke, but I'll survive I guess. The dick once left my parcel not nextdoor, but 8 houses down- I don't even know the people!

I love my postal workers, they keep my business ticking nicely and I'm as nice towards them as I possibly can be.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
rsot (03-16-2015)
Old 03-14-2015

Longevity: 58%

The post office has one guy working in it near me. It's the same guy for all 5 days that it's open. We speak a bit whilst receipts are printing off, but the conversations are nice. He has never asked me anything about what I sell and we just speak about Royal Mail prices, eBay and Amazon.

I never had any problems with him, and he is a nice guy. My packages always get sent out as soon as possible and he is always giving me bags to guard against the elements.

I do a lot of buying from eBay to resell on Amazon and sometimes eBay, so the postman comes to my house everyday pretty much, but it's usually a different one every few days. They seem to be more nosy and started asking what i'm buying after a few days of me doing it.. I don't mind telling and showing my family what I do, but I don't like to give ideas to random people.

I buy my postage stamps at the post office, and should probably just buy postage online, but it's nice to support a local post office. A few years ago many of them closed around me and i'm lucky to have one literally 2 minutes walk from my house.

The postmen who seem to know me just put stuff through my letter box even if it's signed for.. which is nice, but i'm not sure if many people are as honest on eBay (Item not received).
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Free ship...
Old 03-24-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
drop it in the box and RUN!!!!
I like your humour... Cant stop laughing really. You really made me forget all worries today.
Old 03-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

My Mailman gets a large batch of Home-Made Cookies from my wife....and a Bottle of Tequila from me every year in X-Mas....Summer time, I provide him with cold water.
Old 03-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

personal relationship? everyone that comes to my door always tries to look down my top, when I bend over - does that count?

my postie and post office clerk always gets a christmas pressie....
Old 03-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
personal relationship? everyone that comes to my door always tries to look down my top, when I bend over - does that count?
Men can't be blamed for that one.....were only men after all!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Futuremogul888 (03-26-2015)
Old 03-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

There was a cute postal worker female way back in my other area around 2005...
Old 03-25-2015

Longevity: 60%

I represent 30 - 40 % of the total mail volume at my local post office. I sell them my product at my cost, every Christmas they give me there shopping lists, and I make sure I fill them. They treat me like a king, I bring all the mail in the side door, and never wait in a line. I ship six days a week. They give me curb side service as they will usually wait for my arrival, same time every day.
Its definitely a symbiotic relationship. I just wish they were private like UPS. It would benefit us both.
Old 03-26-2015

Longevity: 67%

i use a ups store for delivery which also offers dhl and fedex.
the relations are decent to the extent that in peak season they store 10-20k worth of my stock and I only email them the name,address and the book to ship .they bubble wrap and pack them self (no additional charge) and when i visit them next with stock to reload i usually pay at that time for past shipments
Old 03-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alim View Post
i use a ups store for delivery which also offers dhl and fedex.
the relations are decent to the extent that in peak season they store 10-20k worth of my stock and I only email them the name,address and the book to ship .they bubble wrap and pack them self (no additional charge) and when i visit them next with stock to reload i usually pay at that time for past shipments
Store 10-20k worth of your stock - interesting
Old 04-04-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

My PO Ladies love me.. I see them almost daily and always bring them in presents of anything new im selling that season..

As for my deliveries.. I use private couriers to receive my stock so relationships are key for bargaining costs
Old 04-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by joew8989 View Post
I represent 30 - 40 % of the total mail volume at my local post office. I sell them my product at my cost, every Christmas they give me there shopping lists, and I make sure I fill them. They treat me like a king, I bring all the mail in the side door, and never wait in a line. I ship six days a week. They give me curb side service as they will usually wait for my arrival, same time every day.
Its definitely a symbiotic relationship. I just wish they were private like UPS. It would benefit us both.
30-40% ...crazy
Old 04-04-2015

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post

my postie and post office clerk always gets a christmas pressie....

LoL I can relate to that. I had a female postal worker that was in her mid 50's that looked like she was in her mid 20's. She first asked me how old I was then a few weeks afterwards she asked me if I had a girlfriend. Every single time I would come into the post office to mail packages when she was at the register she would have a beautiful smile on her face and we would talk and she would occasionally hit on me. She would always change her appearances and ask me how her hair,nails,jewelry, etc. looked. One day she asked me what color I wanted her to dye her hair and she said when she gets older it will never be grey. I said back that if you do dye your hair grey or let it turn that color as you get older everyone will start calling you silver fox. She couldn't stop laughing and she asked what I was doing this weekend and wanted to know if I wanted to hangout. I refused because she is older than my own mother and I would never get into a relationship with someone that old because it would be so awkward. Recently USPS moved her away to a different location so I no longer see her but it was great when she was there because she would give me very large stacks of USPS labels sealed, free boxes, free bubble wrap, and she would even look up PID tracking numbers. I hate how she is gone because she was so sweet I think she would have done anything for me.

Last edited by secret storm; 04-04-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I'm nice to every USPS person I encounter. Ditto with FedEx, UPS and DHL. If you are friendly with them, you can get a lot of information about any issues that come up - like when there is a system bottleneck - and that can be valuable.

No need to go overboard, but Christmas presents are always a good idea and I always give them something when they help me with a problem.

Just think about it from their perspective - if YOU were the postal clerk, who is going to get better service from you - the nice guy who gives you stuff on occasion, or the loudmouth who comes in screaming as if 24 hour delivery on media mail is his God given right?