Members not sharing Knowledge? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 03-27-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Members not sharing Knowledge?

seems like most of the people in this forum hold their cards close to their chest.

I thought the whole point of this forum was the share the best ways for stealth. Share each other experiences etc.

I've learned alot of things by myself through experimentation.

- I Learned easiest countries to operate paypal in. (Although I prefer to use australian accounts because i am from australia)
- Learned how to avoid account limitations.
- I learned how to cash out without bank account and without the need to send the money to your real Account.
- I learned how to get money back from paypal if a buyer scams.
- I learned many more things which i would not mention.

I am constantly learning and tweaking my stealth methods based on trial and error.

I know i am not the only person in this forum that knows these things because Lots of you who are stealth users would come to the same conclusions by trial and error.

I don't have any problem sharing my information on what i learned over the years But I am hesitant in sharing because it seems like no one else that is knowledgeable is sharing.

I feel like... well why should i share my knowledge when no one else is?

Why is everyone on here holding their cards close to their chests?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-28-2016
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Members not sharing Knowledge?

Sure go ahead you can have my supplier info as well... here you go take it all... HAPPY?
The Following User Says Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
aking (03-31-2016)
Old 03-28-2016
Threadstarter  

I never mentioned anything about suppliers on my first topic.

I am talking about how to operate stealth accounts. Has nothing to do with suppliers.

Example, Today I PM'd someone and gave them advice about how to unlock their paypal account despite this person creating topics on it and no one helping this person. seems weird that no one wants to help this person except for me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DotDot For This Useful Post:
emings5 (03-30-2016), Klemantina (03-28-2016), newjerseymax (03-28-2016), oompaloompa (03-28-2016), pegasus (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@DotDot, I have learned a lot through experimentation as well.

See, one issue is that if things are laid out in the open...they tend to get overused, abused, and then don't work anymore.

We do have an inner subscription-only subforum that has a bit more comprehensive discussion.
Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

We can't possibly help everyone on a 1 on 1 basis, also people give out a ton of crappy advice on a daily basis, it's more work telling others NOT to listen to the crap advice. I would honestly think that we do give enough help. We can't possibly sit here and examine everyone's problem.

I can't even count the amount of times I see people asking how to sell phakes, Vero, High Risk, and Digital crap.....how do you suggest we help these people?

Quote:
I've learned alot of things by myself through experimentation.

I am constantly learning and tweaking my stealth methods based on trial and error.

I know i am not the only person in this forum that knows these things because Lots of you who are stealth users would come to the same conclusions by trial and error.
That right there is what it's about, getting enough knowledge to do things on our own.

Perhaps Aspkin can setup some type of 1 on 1 service where people pay to get "personal" help.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016

Longevity: 56%

"I learned how to get money back from Paypal if a buyer scams."
You will save me thousands if you can share this one. If the tracking doesn't show delivered but it shows that it landed in the local post, how do I get my money back from paypal?

Thanks a lot for your help
Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
"I learned how to get money back from Paypal if a buyer scams."
You will save me thousands if you can share this one. If the tracking doesn't show delivered but it shows that it landed in the local post, how do I get my money back from paypal?

Thanks a lot for your help
If that is happening with more than one buyer, then you might meed to tweak your practices.

Make a thread on subscribers to discuss would be a start.

Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I agree with OP, but when you learn stuff through experience, you do not want it patched.

I cannot post some stuff that works for me, as it is not considered good practice, risky or whatever......

I would not mind sharing cashout methods, I think I have seen so many over the years, most of which were not worth it and discarded, they usually cost you too much or too convoluted.....

Getting money back from buyer scams - nope not worked that out yet!!!
Old 03-28-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
We can't possibly help everyone on a 1 on 1 basis, also people give out a ton of crappy advice on a daily basis, it's more work telling others NOT to listen to the crap advice. I would honestly think that we do give enough help. We can't possibly sit here and examine everyone's problem.

I can't even count the amount of times I see people asking how to sell phakes, Vero, High Risk, and Digital crap.....how do you suggest we help these people?
THIS.

You will see that mostly the forum DOES try and help as much as possible. We are not here on 24/7 demand though, and some of us have lives, especially on double Bank Holiday Weekends.

It gets a little frustrating when:

People asking questions can't be arsed to search the forum to see if the same question hasn't been asked before a dozen times. (Fed up hearing people didn't do it as the wanted an 'up to date' answer. That is just BS for being too damn lazy. The answer is going be the same as when someone asked the question yesterday, someone else last week and someone else 2 weeks ago.)

The same people ask the SAME question 3 or more times in a *day/week/month. (delete as appropriate).

People ask a question, then argue the answer with no obvious grounds to.

People ask questions just so they can gain knowledge to scam/avoid fees.

People ask 30+ questions, in a very short period, expecting to be spoon fed every single minute detail. Instead of actually trying to do some ground work themselves, buy the stealth guide, do some back ground reading, and show evidence they are at least making an effort to help themselves.

People flood the forum with loads and loads of new threads in a very short time, (see above), instead of maybe making fewer threads with a few points in each. This results in people not being able to see those who really need help in the first place.

As MM78 rightly said, a lot of time is spent and wasted correcting bad and factually incorrect advice and misinformation on the forum. If this problem was able to be reduced, it would save a hell of a lot of wasted threads and time.

NO ONE is going to give away all their knowledge for free. Why the hell should we?, that is NOT what this forum is about. ( If it was, there wouldn't be a subscriber section.) The forum is more about offering guidance and support so people can find their own answers after they have learned the basics. After all, why should a very few do all the hard work so the rest can get an easy ride? When the majority of those getting that free info wouldn't be able to use it effectively anyway as they hadn't done any of the background work required. No point sharing all the info if people haven't got an understanding of the basic mechanics of stealth.
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (03-29-2016)
Old 03-28-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDot View Post
seems like most of the people in this forum hold their cards close to their chest.

I thought the whole point of this forum was the share the best ways for stealth. Share each other experiences etc.

....I learned many more things which i would not mention.
This made me chuckle.

Contradiction much?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
bettahman (03-28-2016), DotDot (03-28-2016), spindoctor (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016
Threadstarter  

@realdeals. i actually replied to the posts about how to get paypal to refund you the money from buyers scamming you but i feel like greenbean and others won't be happy so i deleted it.

the post was readable for an hour then i deleted it . I PM'd the users the answer instead.
Old 03-28-2016

had this discussion with someone before. TLDR version:

him: lots of us know how to make 1000 items a month accounts
me: maybe you should tell people how then
him: nah not fair on the account sellers
me: bit of a joke really, forums are for people to learn not be a sales thread
mod: posts deleted
Old 03-28-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
had this discussion with someone before. TLDR version:

him: lots of us know how to make 1000 items a month accounts
me: maybe you should tell people how then
him: nah not fair on the account sellers
me: bit of a joke really, forums are for people to learn not be a sales thread
mod: posts deleted
People can still learn.

Info is out there, just need to do the work and people will be rewarded.

At the end of the day.....forums are kinda here to make make money through sales of the book, subscriptions, whatever fees sellers have to pay the forum to be sellers, etc.....

There is a very, very generous amount of free info here also. I have never purchased an account, or read the Stealth Book. I have just used the free info on the forum. It really is all you need to operate well, but people have to put in the groundwork and research and not enough people seem willing to do that nowadays. Everybody wants everything immediately with no investment, (time or money), from themselves.
Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Why have you a double standard then, DotDot?

Complain about a lack of info being shared yet remove it yourself?

If you have such firm convictions then stand up for them and do not point fingers at others.
Old 03-28-2016
Threadstarter  

ok.

I'll share but i hope greenbean pm's me with one of your tricks.

If Anyone having trouble with getting your money back when a buyers scams you.

File a complaint with financial Ombudsman. (FOS)

There is one for UK..
Financial Ombudsman | Free, fair, for everyone

and One for Australia
https://www.fos.org.au/

you can file a complaint on their websites. Paypal is obligated to do what FOS tells them to do so if you file a complaint with FOS for an unfair ruling and FOS takes your side. Paypal are forced to do the right thing and refund you any money you got scammed. You will need to submit proof to FOS that you where scammed or paypal took money from you unfairly. This is based on the Country's consumer law so whichever country you are in. Make sure you know the consumer laws of the country so you know if you are in the right or wrong.

Filing a complaint with FOS can also work to remove 21 day holds but only if your ebay account is already established. It can also remove some limitations that the FOS claim to be unfair.

I find it odd that this is a forum dealing with limitation and yet no one ever talks about what the FOS can do for paypal disputes and limitations. I searched this forum for ombudsman and hardly no one mentions it. Weird! However it is the #1 way to get paypal to do the right thing.

Last edited by DotDot; 03-28-2016 at 10:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DotDot For This Useful Post:
MtMess (08-09-2016)
Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

You would be better to find out why the seller is being scammed...

Here is a little tip from me to you, DotDot.
eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - FAQ

Make sure to read the section on PM usage.

Night Night!
Old 03-28-2016

That's very generous. Thank you again!

I wonder if the FOS can force PP to refund me if there is orders that doesn't show "delivered" but does show that the package landed in the local post office and paypal gave the buyer a refund. Any chance to get my money back?

Another situation, 500$ item was sold, the seller wants to return it because hes an idiot and doesn't know how to properly use it and now I need to pay like 250 pound for shipping and I have no idea if he broke it.
Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
That's very generous. Thank you again!

I wonder if the FOS can force PP to refund me if there is orders that doesn't show "delivered" but does show that the package landed in the local post office and paypal gave the buyer a refund. Any chance to get my money back?

Another situation, 500$ item was sold, the seller wants to return it because hes an idiot and doesn't know how to properly use it and now I need to pay like 250 pound for shipping and I have no idea if he broke it.
Do you mean seller or buyer?

What country paypal?
Old 03-28-2016

My bad, I meant buyer "buyer wants to return it"
Aussie Paypal.

Also I wonder if there is any chance to get my eBay fees back when customers getting fully refunded.

On a 500$+ items I really want my 10% back.

Last edited by Klemantina; 03-28-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

Make sure to read the section on PM usage.

Night Night!
I am not selling anything or promoting any services.

The PMs i made had been about information about financial ombudsman helping sellers having trouble with paypal. Strangely the FOS is widely talked about in the "official" ebay forums as a tool to help sellers yet no one ever talks about it on this forum or even mentions it as a tool to help sellers. how come?

funny how there is also way to stop 21 day holds found on the official ebay forums but no one mentions it here either. which proves my point that no one here is being helpful or sharing information

Last edited by aspkin; 06-09-2016 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03-28-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDot View Post
ok.

I'll share but i hope greenbean pm's me with one of your tricks.

If Anyone having trouble with getting your money back when a buyers scams you.

File a complaint with financial Ombudsman. (FOS)

There is one for UK..
Financial Ombudsman | Free, fair, for everyone

and One for Australia
https://www.fos.org.au/

you can file a complaint on their websites. Paypal is obligated to do what FOS tells them to do so if you file a complaint with FOS for an unfair ruling and FOS takes your side. Paypal are forced to do the right thing and refund you any money you got scammed. You will need to submit proof to FOS that you where scammed or paypal took money from you unfairly. This is based on the Country's consumer law so whichever country you are in. Make sure you know the consumer laws of the country so you know if you are in the right or wrong.

Filing a complaint with FOS can also work to remove 21 day holds but only if your ebay account is already established. It can also remove some limitations that the FOS claim to be unfair.

I find it odd that this is a forum dealing with limitation and yet no one ever talks about what the FOS can do for paypal disputes and limitations. I searched this forum for ombudsman and hardly no one mentions it. Weird! However it is the #1 way to get paypal to do the right thing.
Not sure this would work in the UK. Paypal asking for ID proof before they release funds, I don't see the FOS doing anything about it?
Old 03-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
Not sure this would work in the UK. Paypal asking for ID proof before they release funds, I don't see the FOS doing anything about it?
According to this article.

Can I take my financial complaint to the financial ombudsman? - Which?

Quote:
You can also complain to the FOS if you've been a victim of credit or debit card fraud and your bank refuses to reimburse you the money that has been taken from your account.
so It should work in the UK if the buyer scams you and paypal took your money. Don't know about 21 day holds in the UK. The main thing I was talking about was how to get your money back if a buyer scams you. Answer. File a complaint with FOS but you will need to submit all proof like tracking number etc and need to make sure you have grounds to get a refund. You need to research consumer laws in the country that you sell.

Last edited by DotDot; 03-28-2016 at 11:13 AM.