Members not sharing Knowledge? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%
Default Re: Members not sharing Knowledge?

I personally wouldnt contact any Financial Ombudsman with regards to a stealth account.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
realdeals (03-28-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
Not sure this would work in the UK. Paypal asking for ID proof before they release funds, I don't see the FOS doing anything about it?
stop being lazy and read up on consumer rights in the UK. You need to know your seller rights and the rights of your buyers. FOS UK are there to make sure paypal are operating under UK consumer laws. Holding your money at ransom under certain circumstances could be a breach of your consumer seller rights. There are exceptions like anti-money laundering limits which are set by the government etc. It is best for you to research on UK consumer laws so you know if paypal has breached it.

you can start by reading about it here.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ab...ghts-act-2015/

Last edited by DotDot; 03-28-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

As an outsider, how would the financial Ombudsman (FOS) get your money back, a check, via PayPal, Bank Deposit? and what information does this FOS require from the seller? Also, do they require some type of Identification from the person filing the claim?
Old 03-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
As an outsider, how would the financial Ombudsman (FOS) get your money back, a check, via PayPal, Bank Deposit? and what information does this FOS require from the seller? Also, do they require some type of Identification from the person filing the claim?
No ID needed. You just fill out a form online and write the details on what you think is unfair and how you think paypal has breached your rights. If paypal took your money because a buyer scammed you. You need to provide them proof that you where scammed and that you deserve that money back. Something like tracking number showing you sent the item, messages with the buyer etc. They are not a government agency so you don't need to worry about your stealth info. They are kind of like 3rd party mediators. If they tell paypal that paypal is in the wrong then paypal will oblige.

It is also against the rules for paypal to punish you for making a complaint to FOS so paypal cannot limit you for making the complaint.

If They tell paypal that they think paypal is in the wrong then paypal will refund you the money through paypal. It isn't FOS who gives you the money. It's Paypal. FOS just tells paypal they made the wrong decision and paypal will oblige.

But I see you have a USA flag and you cannot lodge FOS UK for a Paypal USA account.

Lodging FOS UK is for Paypal accounts registered in UK only.

Last edited by DotDot; 03-28-2016 at 01:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DotDot For This Useful Post:
Klemantina (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDot View Post
But I see you have a USA flag and you cannot lodge FOS UK for a Paypal USA account.

Lodging FOS UK is for Paypal accounts registered in UK only.
I was just curious on this FOS system really, I don't have UK, AU accounts....just like learning.
Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Free advice is great and everything, but free advice is usually just a shortcut for a solution. If one wants to understand the reasoning behind the problem and how it happened, a quick free advice thing doesn't really help in the long run.

I've always felt that reading this forum and keeping an eye out for certain topics helps me. Some thing don't apply to me in my current situation, but they will in the future and some things don't apply to me anymore, but I still suggest the ideas to other members because maybe somebody else will read them, and it'll apply to their current situation in life.

Free advice is out there, the forum is full of information and experience- Just because it hasn't been written out as a "Guide to..." form, doesn't mean one can't put pieces together after couple of weeks of reading and learning.

Suggestion: If somebody wants advice, the forum could perhaps possibly have a mentor section where people can sell their advice- As a service.
The same way some of us consult accountants and business advisors, perhaps stealth could have its own little stealth service advisors as well. That means a total rookie could pay for 1 on 1 classes with experienced users.
It would be expensive, as most of the information is out there already and the stuff that is NOT out there, it shouldn't be out there(My opinion, to avoid patterns) BUT it would give a person in need a chance to have a crashcourse into stealth and they can have some much needed attention.

Just an idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I do throw hints and tips out there.... Little carrots here and there... However, you must be a regular contributing member to catch them....

Also, I often answer questions through private messages or trade info, but if I see a newbie or low participation, then I don't even respond.....

I have been given many tricks, how to get high limits when creating accounts for example. However, I feel it might be too close to illegal, or possibly illegal so I don't even bother to mention it for I don't want to create issues for people.

So my point is there are many "tricks" but some of them cross the line. There are people willing to cross that line and I wont help them do it....
bettahman (03-29-2016)
Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
No ID needed. You just fill out a form online and write the details on what you think is unfair and how you think paypal has breached your rights. If paypal took your money because a buyer scammed you. You need to provide them proof that you where scammed and that you deserve that money back. Something like tracking number showing you sent the item, messages with the buyer etc. They are not a government agency so you don't need to worry about your stealth info. They are kind of like 3rd party mediators. If they tell paypal that paypal is in the wrong then paypal will oblige.

It is also against the rules for paypal to punish you for making a complaint to FOS so paypal cannot limit you for making the complaint.

If They tell paypal that they think paypal is in the wrong then paypal will refund you the money through paypal. It isn't FOS who gives you the money. It's Paypal. FOS just tells paypal they made the wrong decision and paypal will oblige.
I find the no ID required will be used and abused by scammers. I find this kinda hard to believe that no ID is required.

And if this FOS department is not backed up by the UK government by who is it backed up with. The UK government is either watching this FOS thing or something.

How can Paypal just handle over money to a person because this FOS department said so. It doesnt make sense to me.
Old 03-29-2016

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I do throw hints and tips out there.... Little carrots here and there... However, you must be a regular contributing member to catch them....

So my point is there are many "tricks" but some of them cross the line. There are people willing to cross that line and I wont help them do it....

i looooove blackhat!!! its a passion since being kicked off ebay years ago. i been a monster ever since. they will hack and scam you if you dont stay oN point!!! hell we all are black hatting..WE HAVE NO LIMITS!!!!!
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I never mind helping members on here. I am forever grateful that I found this place. But some things cannot be posted in this forum because it is taboo to post it in public. Other things we do not want ebay and paypal to necessarily see we are doing, so its best to keep those secrets sacred. But it is not to keep them from members themselves. People posting should always keep the forum safe from unwanted predators and people looking to start trouble for the forum. Therefore, not everything should be posted in the open.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
bettahman (03-29-2016), DotDot (03-29-2016), Haidukken (03-29-2016), newjerseymax (03-30-2016)
Old 03-29-2016
Threadstarter  

I am not here to convince users to use FOS or not. It Simply is a tool that you could use if you wanted to. The more tools and knowledge you have. The better

In my first post I said I know a method on how to get funds back if a buyer has scammed you. People where curious on what this method is and My answer was FOS.

FOS is talked about in the "official" ebay forums and all the information is available on the FOS websites including "if they ask for ID" "how they operate" etc so for those of you interested in these kinds of information. Please just read the information on the FOS website. There is no need for me to copy and paste the same information here for you.

the link to their website.
our aims and values

I hope we could go back on topic now because this topic isn't about FOS.

I got the ball rolling and posted something helpful.

I would like to see others take my lead and share their knowledge because I thought that this is what this forum is about.
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

"THE MOST VALUABLE COMMODITY I KNOW OF IS INFORMATION" -Gordon Gekko
Old 03-29-2016

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I never mind helping members on here. I am forever grateful that I found this place. But some things cannot be posted in this forum because it is taboo to post it in public. Other things we do not want ebay and paypal to necessarily see we are doing, so its best to keep those secrets sacred. But it is not to keep them from members themselves. People posting should always keep the forum safe from unwanted predators and people looking to start trouble for the forum. Therefore, not everything should be posted in the open.
BY 'taboo' you mean illegal as fuark don't you? lol
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

I would like to see others take my lead and share their knowledge because I thought that this is what this forum is about.
1). Quick edit on that post where you took exception to what was quoted .
Nice one.

2). On behalf of other posters who have wondered, just what do YOU think is happening when we reply to posts we answer.

3). What happened here? Rebirth? Canonised?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...tml#post712668

Read YOUR post 62...

2nd time.... Contradiction what!

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-29-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-29-2016

Longevity: 46%

Sorry Completely off topic here I'm a new member but can't for the life of me find how to do a post or a thread where is the button??
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgcon View Post
Sorry Completely off topic here I'm a new member but can't for the life of me find how to do a post or a thread where is the button??
Go to the part of the forum on your topic.

Top line (left side) should say NEW THREAD.

Now here is a wee secret: there may already be an existing thread. You could add your post to it.

What is the question. Happy to wait to see if you post OK.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/introdu...-accounts.html

Did you want to add something to the above thread?

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-29-2016 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
I personally wouldnt contact any Financial Ombudsman with regards to a stealth account.
True that Ebayorbust and haven't needed to do so on UK account operations as yet /knock on wood.
Old 03-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...tml#post712668

Read YOUR post 62...

2nd time.... Contradiction what!
Actually it's not a contradiction because you seem to have failed to read the first post of this Topic properly. This is what I wrote In the first post.

Quote:

I don't have any problem sharing my information on what i learned over the years But I am hesitant in sharing because it seems like no one else that is knowledgeable is sharing.

I feel like... well why should i share my knowledge when no one else is?
So tell me Greenbean. Do you think People would've shared their cashout stores with me if i posted mine? We both know the answer is a big fat No.

which is exactly what I was trying to say in the first Post which you Failed to read properly.

No one in this forum is sharing anything. I don't mind sharing if other people shared back with me. Btw. it's not a contradiction because That's exactly what I said in the very first post of this topic.

I know you have moderator access to see when members edit their Posts and I haven't edited the first post since I posted it. You can check that those comments where Already there from the very start.

Last edited by DotDot; 03-29-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-29-2016

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
@realdeals. i actually replied to the posts about how to get paypal to refund you the money from buyers scamming you but i feel like greenbean and others won't be happy so i deleted it.

the post was readable for an hour then i deleted it . I PM'd the users the answer instead.
Pm me that one dotdot you never know when it comes to update come in handy!
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
ok.

I'll share but i hope greenbean pm's me with one of your tricks.

If Anyone having trouble with getting your money back when a buyers scams you.

File a complaint with financial Ombudsman. (FOS)

There is one for UK..
Financial Ombudsman | Free, fair, for everyone

and One for Australia
https://www.fos.org.au/

you can file a complaint on their websites. Paypal is obligated to do what FOS tells them to do so if you file a complaint with FOS for an unfair ruling and FOS takes your side. Paypal are forced to do the right thing and refund you any money you got scammed. You will need to submit proof to FOS that you where scammed or paypal took money from you unfairly. This is based on the Country's consumer law so whichever country you are in. Make sure you know the consumer laws of the country so you know if you are in the right or wrong.

Filing a complaint with FOS can also work to remove 21 day holds but only if your ebay account is already established. It can also remove some limitations that the FOS claim to be unfair.

I find it odd that this is a forum dealing with limitation and yet no one ever talks about what the FOS can do for paypal disputes and limitations. I searched this forum for ombudsman and hardly no one mentions it. Weird! However it is the #1 way to get paypal to do the right thing.
Rosie' allow ME to pass on what DotDot supplied.....

After all, team work etc etc etc
Old 03-29-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:

At the start of the thread I thought it was a worthwhile discussion about what and why members do or do not share information. Now it appears it was all trolling.

Take your lead? Are you for real?

You are the first and only one here to share info?

You are talking the biggest pile of horse poo ever.
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016

Longevity: 54%

Besides, as I already said.....why should the hard work of a few help the lazy?

To me this forum ISN'T about sharing all known knowledge.

It IS about supporting and helping others GAIN knowledge.

There IS a big difference in the two.

Last edited by realdeals; 03-29-2016 at 09:24 AM.