Are people interested in a Bitcoin for PayPal section? (currency exchange) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Forum Suggestions

Forum Suggestions Have a suggestion or comment for the forum? Post away...

Old 10-13-2016
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 100%
Default Are people interested in a Bitcoin for PayPal section? (currency exchange)

I have seen these gain in popularity for awhile now.

Are people interested in a BTC for PayPal exchange section of the forums? I can see it being popular for those members who don't have a bank account for PayPal to withdraw funds (mostly outside UK, US, CA, AU). And for those people who want to withdraw funds to BTC.

Bitcoin is gaining in popularity (I use it everyday), it's easy to get started and more companies are accepting it as a payment option.

Are people interested in this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Are people interested in a Bitcoin for PayPal section? (currency exchange)

I think if the forum were to openly advocate cashing out unverified Paypals via BTC purchases, there would be a noticeable rise in people having their P/P's limited and also a rise in new forum members trying to cash out stolen/phished Paypal accounts.

Just my $.02. Totally up to you, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Play (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Are people interested in a Bitcoin for PayPal section? (currency exchange)

I'm siding with Phazors on this, it may attract the wrong attention and give rise to illicit activites. In turn making it harder for legitimate stealth users to operate.

But Bitcoin in and of itself, a great currency. Just the whole exchange/cash out, not fond of myself.

Would be nice to see what others have to say though.
Old 10-13-2016
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Possibly... but there are legit users too with no means of withdrawing funds. I push people daily to marketplaces to exchange PayPal funds for bitcoin because they're in a country where getting a bank account is difficult. Or those users who want to operate with a US or Uk PayPal account but have no US/UK bank account. This would be a good way for those users to operate accounts safely.
Old 10-13-2016

Longevity: 50%

yes, that's a great idea, even if I don't need it right now, I will have to think about that soon.
for those who think this will be mostly used for fraud, please understand what other people need, not only you, and remember this forum is already a great source of knowlege for unexperimented scammers.
The Following User Says Thank You to TOOKNAPA For This Useful Post:
sax4 (10-14-2016)
Old 10-13-2016

Longevity: 45%

It's a great idea, I also don't believe the limitation drawback people have raised is a legitimate concern. Bitcoin is becoming harder and harder to ignore and you can guarantee a significant % of the userbase of this forum will be utilising it; one way or another.
Old 10-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Make a Prius section, talk about nothing but the wonderful Prius
Old 10-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Frankly AK, I think you'd be better off getting someone to write you an E-book about cashing out with BTC and then selling the book. That would keep out some of the riff-raff and also allow you to profit on this idea, assuming you could come up with an almost foolproof method.
Old 10-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

I really don't think it's worth it, I have tried cashing out Paypal to BTC, and incurred a hell of a loss. Take Virwox for example, you have to cash PP into SLL first, then to BTC, lose a big chunk by time you get BTC. Also with Virwox you have daily limits, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

There is localbitcoins but the sellers want a sizable percentage to take PayPal and who could blame them.

I personally don't see how legitimate business people can afford to give a big percentage of their profits to buy into an unstable currency like BTC

There are tonnes of better methods used be people " in the know" and it seems like only newbies to stealth ask for paypal to btc options
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sax4 For This Useful Post:
easy.bake.oven (10-14-2016), jayne dunn (01-04-2017)
Old 10-14-2016

Longevity: 43%

Yes interested
Old 10-14-2016
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
I really don't think it's worth it, I have tried cashing out Paypal to BTC, and incurred a hell of a loss. Take Virwox for example, you have to cash PP into SLL first, then to BTC, lose a big chunk by time you get BTC. Also with Virwox you have daily limits, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

There is localbitcoins but the sellers want a sizable percentage to take PayPal and who could blame them.

I personally don't see how legitimate business people can afford to give a big percentage of their profits to buy into an unstable currency like BTC

There are tonnes of better methods used be people " in the know" and it seems like only newbies to stealth ask for paypal to btc options
This method preys on the desperate ones...pathetic
Old 10-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

So you do not have a bank and you have paypal funds and exchange to bitcoin....so what is the preferred method to then take those bitcoins and turn them in to real cash?
phaz0rz (10-15-2016)
Old 10-15-2016

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven

Maybe for some people, they cant add their bank to their pp, but can in bitcoin so can cash out like that.
Old 10-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oven.hot.pizza View Post
Maybe for some people, they cant add their bank to their pp, but can in bitcoin so can cash out like that.
ok, so you go to an exchange and sell your bit and get paid via bank transfer...ok that could work.
Old 10-15-2016

Longevity: 94%

think this is a great idea. actually been looking for a place to do just this
Old 10-18-2016

Longevity: 76%

I'd be interested.
Old 10-18-2016

Longevity: 56%

Quote:

I don't lol, I know this is a mad idea but we could start something where people share their knowledge on a niche without thinking that 10 people around the globe doing it aswell will ruin it for them. Kind of like a....forum
The Following User Says Thank You to dan_ebay For This Useful Post:
TOOKNAPA (10-18-2016)
Old 10-19-2016

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
and it seems like only newbies to stealth ask for paypal to btc options
This is really misguiding. I could probably list at least 10 reasons for legitimate, seasoned stealthers to want to incorporate BTC into their everyday practices. It's not for all business types- but for some it's an absolute godsend, perceived risks & all.

Furthermore, just because you don't endorse a particularly method yourself doesn't mean it has no use or should be avoided, and I'm struggling to see any real issues with adding a Bitcoin section. Hell, if you wanted to be extra safe you could have a sticky topic highlighting the perceived risks of such a method.

Last edited by UKGiftWarranty; 10-19-2016 at 10:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to UKGiftWarranty For This Useful Post:
jakobrockz (10-20-2016)
Old 10-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKGiftWarranty View Post
This is really misguiding. I could probably list at least 10 reasons for legitimate, seasoned stealthers to want to incorporate BTC into their everyday practices. It's not for all business types- but for some it's an absolute godsend, perceived risks & all.

Furthermore, just because you don't endorse a particularly method yourself doesn't mean it has no use or should be avoided, and I'm struggling to see any real issues with adding a Bitcoin section. Hell, if you wanted to be extra safe you could have a sticky topic highlighting the perceived risks of such a method.
It's my opinion and the way I see it, perhaps I don't have enough experience. As I said the methods I have used have entailed losing a hefty percentage, and I cannot see how people can afford to lose so much money just buying bitcoins, why not just buy with card etc?

Also buying Bitcoins with Paypal is always going to be dodgy because of chargebacks.

But by all means if there's a reliable and safe way to buy them with paying less than 5% then i'm all ears!

It might be worth more to people in countries where withdrawing to a card is not possible, I mean given the choice would you rather do?, withdraw cash to card for a small fee - cash in your hand, or buy bitcoin for Paypal?
Old 10-31-2016

Longevity: 73%

Yes

How do you go from PP to BTC?
Old 11-04-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%
Send a message via AIM to gines Send a message via Skype™ to gines

yes, please... very interested..

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
It's my opinion and the way I see it, perhaps I don't have enough experience. As I said the methods I have used have entailed losing a hefty percentage, and I cannot see how people can afford to lose so much money just buying bitcoins, why not just buy with card etc?

Also buying Bitcoins with Paypal is always going to be dodgy because of chargebacks.

But by all means if there's a reliable and safe way to buy them with paying less than 5% then i'm all ears!

It might be worth more to people in countries where withdrawing to a card is not possible, I mean given the choice would you rather do?, withdraw cash to card for a small fee - cash in your hand, or buy bitcoin for Paypal?
But in the US, we can no longer withdraw to a card anymore. We have a lot of non-US stealthers that operate a US stealth with no way of cashing out except buying goods or giftcards or PP to PP. So in these cases purchasing BTC with PP is a good option. You are correct about the percentage sucking ass, but that is something the stealther will have to determine if it is worth it or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
aspkin (11-16-2016)