Faq - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Forum Suggestions

Forum Suggestions Have a suggestion or comment for the forum? Post away...

Old 05-05-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Faq

Frequently Asked Questions.

Since people always scream at newbies for asking old questions, I think a faq is in order. Maybe put it so after someone registers, they are sent to the page or when they try their first post they get sent to the faq page. Just basic questions.

Questions:
How much to withdraw
How much to sell
What should I sell
Best vcc provider
Should I use proxy
Should I used my old/new name/address/pp/ebay/bank/cc with new/old whatever

Just a thought, but it might be counter production since newbie posts is what keep the forum going.
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyBoy For This Useful Post:
jesseinkaron (05-13-2009)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-05-2009

Longevity: 91%

JohnnyBoy, I haven't seen anyone "Scream" at newbie...? But when "newbie" says they have Stealth accounts and than asks question that has been answered zillion times and gets mad right away when asked to read the forum about it ...i makes you wonder.
So, it would be OK that same people here have to type all over the answers again, and it's not OK for them to read a little?

I really don't think we need FQA..We have the Stealth Book and numerous threads addressing different issues...FQA is: type in little box your FQA and see how many threads you gonna get on this subject.
Old 05-05-2009

Longevity: 89%

This is true. Just get the Stealth Book
Old 05-05-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

I see JohnnyBoy's point, I was actually thinking about posting the same thing. But I thought about it and decided just like Lyda says, the Stealth Ebook is what newbies really need to read. If they can't find an answer after they read the ebook, then they should search here or ask it.
The Following User Says Thank You to lakeman For This Useful Post:
Lyda (05-05-2009)
Old 05-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

There are changes under consideration. Trust me I frequently 'nag' aspkin
with these matters. Ya'll be be advised when anything happens.
Old 05-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

o o sounds like a banned member coming up
Old 05-07-2009
Threadstarter  

Was just making a suggestion. I know thats what the Stealth Book is for that why i said it might be counter productive. And I was just talking about basic questions that people ask even after they buy the Stealth Book.
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyBoy For This Useful Post:
jesseinkaron (05-13-2009)
Old 05-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

It is a valid point. aspkin constantly revises the forum. If there is no revision, the forum suffers. changes are happening
Old 05-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

you know, instead of making a FAQ thread. Why not get answers to some FAQ and aspkin can incorporate it into the stealth book. That would in turn, get more people to buy the stealth book, help the forum, and be a win win for everyone.
Old 05-17-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Burst, that seems like a good idea to me. There's a lot of questions that should be in the list.

Last edited by lakeman; 05-17-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

I hate it when a newbie or oldie asks an old question and the first reply is to "do a search - this has been asked and answered many times".

True it has been asked and I have spent the time through all the threads relating to my questions and yes I find my answers, a few I dont. - Other valuable answers have been deleted cause of a banned member or for secrecy reasons.

Many of us hate seeing the same questions and answers repeated.

BUT.

Why spend the time to read the same question form a new/old member just to say "do a search"? Instead, spend the same time to answer the question - the thread wont disappear if the question is not answered.

Here's a tough suggestion for someone with time on their hand - copy all the FAQ's and their best answers and paste them onto one thread - and make it a sticky icky

The stealth guide is a must and ppl are curious so they ask more questions - This will never go away.
Old 05-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Man, my diary is booked up to Halloween
Old 05-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

lol when i read the title, i thought it says "fag"
Old 05-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO ID View Post
I hate it when a newbie or oldie asks an old question and the first reply is to "do a search - this has been asked and answered many times".

True it has been asked and I have spent the time through all the threads relating to my questions and yes I find my answers, a few I dont. - Other valuable answers have been deleted cause of a banned member or for secrecy reasons.

Many of us hate seeing the same questions and answers repeated.

BUT.

Why spend the time to read the same question form a new/old member just to say "do a search"? Instead, spend the same time to answer the question - the thread wont disappear if the question is not answered.

Here's a tough suggestion for someone with time on their hand - copy all the FAQ's and their best answers and paste them onto one thread - and make it a sticky icky

The stealth guide is a must and ppl are curious so they ask more questions - This will never go away.
Why I post "do a search - this has been asked and answered many times" all the time...

Because I get sick of writing in depth answers for people who do not know how to use a search function.
Search is the basis of the internet.... Google is a prime example.
The name Google has turned from a company name into a verb.
Google is a search engine.

So do you think that any of the smart well versed people on this forum learned anything with our searching for it?
Do you think that Aspkin, Greenbean, Myself, Lakeman, Lyda, yaw1800, oompaloompa, vicvelcro, ebaykilla, or Bursy walked in here and on our first post started demanding all the answers to ALL the questions?
I am pretty sure we did not.
I can not speak for the other 9 people I listed above but I can speak for myself.
I surfed this site for about 4-5 months before I even joined.
Then I surfed for another few months before I ever asked a question.
I know how to learn information on my own, I use the search function.
I did not grow up in the GIVE ME world of today.
I grew up in the LEARN IT world of yesterday.

SO the next time a newbie walks in here and on their first post starts demanding answers to the most COMMON questions on this forum I will either not answer them or tell them "do a search - this has been asked and answered many times".

I am 100% for the FAQ and at the same time I am 100% against the FAQ.

The information is in the stealth guide. Buy it - Read it - Learn it - Live it - Its Worth It.
Nothing from the stealth guide should be listed in any FAQ.
That is what the Stealth Guide is for.

What should be in the FAQ is how to use the Forum.
How to search the forum.
How to buy eBay accounts and how to NOT buy eBay accounts.
It should be a FORUM FAQ and not a Stealth Guide FAQ.

My 2 cents and a dollar more.
Lyda (05-31-2009)
Old 05-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

This relates to ebay also

Its kind of like when customers asks questions about my listing and the answer is already in the listing - they just want some self assurance I guess. A few I answer others I just delete/ignore. This doesn't bother me cause the ppl who buy never ask questions.

But its up to you or the other members to keep referring to do a search, or to give them the shortened version of the answer...

Last edited by NO ID; 05-30-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
Why I post "do a search - this has been asked and answered many times" all the time...

Because I get sick of writing in depth answers for people who do not know how to use a search function.
Search is the basis of the internet.... Google is a prime example.
The name Google has turned from a company name into a verb.
Google is a search engine.

So do you think that any of the smart well versed people on this forum learned anything with our searching for it?
Do you think that Aspkin, Greenbean, Myself, Lakeman, Lyda, yaw1800, oompaloompa, vicvelcro, ebaykilla, or Orion walked in here and on our first post started demanding all the answers to ALL the questions?
I am pretty sure we did not.
I can not speak for the other 9 people I listed above but I can speak for myself.
I surfed this site for about 4-5 months before I every joined.
Then I surfed for another few months before I ever asked a question.
I know how to learn information on my own, I use the search function.
I did not grow up in the GIVE ME world of today.
I grew up in the LEARN IT world of yesterday.

SO the next time a newbie walks in here and on their first post starts demanding answers to the most COMMON questions on this forum I will either not answer them or tell them "do a search - this has been asked and answered many times".

I am 100% for the FAQ and at the same time I am 100% against the FAQ.

The information is in the Stealth Guide. Buy it - Read it - Learn it - Live it - Its Worth It.
Nothing from the Stealth Guide should be listed in any FAQ.
That is what the Stealth Guide is for.

What should be in the FAQ is how to use the Forum.
How to search the forum.
How to buy eBay accounts and how to NOT buy eBay accounts.
It should be a FORUM FAQ and not a Stealth Guide FAQ.

My 2 cents and a dollar more.
Another one of HWGA's brilliant posts! Save it on your computer, quote, copy and paste for when it happens again, cause it will! Problem solved!
Old 05-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO ID View Post
This relates to ebay also
Its kind of like when customers asks questions about my listing and the answer is already in the listing - they just want some self assurance I guess. A few I answer others I just delete/ignore. This doesn't bother me cause the ppl who buy never ask questions. Difference is it is your chance to make money for yourself. You get the advantage.

Quote:
But its up to you or the other members to keep referring to do a search, or to give them the shortened version of the answer...
Too many will take the shortened version as the full meaning. Ergo, they will make errors. Why? Because they given a quick answer and think that is all that is needed. They get no advantage, they make accounts that are not viable.
Old 06-09-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I have to say, in support of several expressed opinions in this thread:

I came, I lurked, I reg'd when I had something to contribute, and finally, when I couldn't FIND an answer to something I wanted to know, I asked. But I did have half my answer because I did search first. I'm housebroken, you see. I had the foresight to research what might potentially be necessary for me to know, before I needed to know it. I lurked. Maybe you aren't the type to plan ahead and now you are in need. If so, work on changing that aspect of your character. You'll keep coming back again and again with problems, if you don't realize now that you must include learning as part of your online commerce arsenal. Think ahead and learn to plan for option b and option c.

I do have a slightly different perspective than HWGA (not by much). Although his approach to the common questioner is well deserved, my approach suits my own personality better that his would suit me. Just the same as his suits him just fine, and probably better for him than if he tried my approach. A hell of a guy, really.

I'll answer a question. No prob. But if it's all over the forum already, I give a brief answer and maybe paste links. The reason I am willing to answer when perhaps I could just say "go search"? Because sometimes when I do my own searches, I get too many answers and many just fluff. Sometimes *I* find that I simply can't digest all the crap and/or obsolete info just to get one small nugget of value. I consider that maybe somebody really does need a quick and dirty fact, not a whole coarse in theory or whatever. Also, for me, typing a quick reply is sometimes less keystrokes than it takes to tell them to go search <grin>. In addition to that, I get to choose the victims of my long-windedness. Ask yozalo about that. Or if you have the guts, ask me to PM you an answer about something. My PM count is higher than my Post count. Believe it. Much higher.

FAQ section would be appropriate for forum related FAQs and should not include Stealth Guide FAQs. The guide speaks quite well for itself. Thank the man for that. He did a good job putting it all together.

If you don't have the Stealth Guide, get it. Use it later if you don't have the time right now. But get it and use it. Considering that you are here because you have been selling and for whatever reason need to get back to selling, it would be clear that you intend to profit. So spend a couple of coins for the Guide. It's more than worth it. Be willing to pay for the valuable information, just the same as you expect to be paid for your valuable goods.

My best answer to anyone with a question: If you have the time to search, then do it. If you have the time to browse, it would be to your benefit to do so. If you really need an answer fast, ask HWGA (just to amuse me), then ask me to PM you (again, just to amuse me). Then follow it up with some browsing and searching. You can't learn too much. The more you know, the better off you are. Try not to be annoying.

Remember who you are. Remember where you are. You are a guest at Aspkin's party pad of pleasure. You come here seeking something of value from people who possess what you seek. Be decent. Demanding data now now now is not going to make you very many friends. Acting poorly if you get an answer you don't like, well that's immature. Real info that is unfortunate to learn is still better than having smoke blown up your giggie. If you get bad news, deal with it. And thank whoever gave you the facts. If your mechanic says you need a new alternator, it sucks. But aren't you glad when the new alternator is installed? Aren't you glad there was a mechanic to take your money and give you the alternator? Keep it real. Be ready to return something valuable some day. When it's your turn to spill the beans, do a good job.

Some answers won't always come quickly. Believe it or not, we don't LIVE here. We don't HAVE all the answers. You may have to wait until somebody smart actually logs in and sees your question through all the other new questions. Or wait until somebody nice but not so smart, like me, logs in and take what you get... What we don't know, we are often willing to help figure out. I love a mystery. I love a tough puzzle. Tell me strange stories and ask me obscure questions.

Anything and everything is worth as much as you are willing to invest or willing to pay for. My advice is free and may only be worth about that much. You get what you pay for... BECAUSE what works for me might be completely useless to you. Everyone's problem is unique, even if it is similar to another person's problem. So each solution will also be unique and probably similar to another solution. If you aren't willing to convey all aspects of your problem, you won't get a complete answer. I realize quite well that some things can not be revealed. Most of us do. But if you must hold something back, you must realize that maybe we can't give good info because key elements have to be withheld...

Not everyone here is from the same country. Some answers will be different for different people because they are in a different place. You can bite your tongue, if you see something you think is completely opposite from what you believe YOU know. Check their flag first. Don't spout off too soon and regret your comments afterward.

Don't pretend to know something just to impress somebody. Your bad answer could ruin somebody. One minor detail could mean the difference of somebody keeping thousands of dollars or losing it. For real. If you tell me something and I trust you, then later it costs me big stash, you won't be my hero. If you do know something useful and you happen to be new, share with confidence. You might end up being my hero.

What worked last month or yesterday might not work today or next week. If you read something that looks a bit off, keep that in mind. Like the weather in Michigan - if you don't like it, wait 5 minutes for it to change.

Wear your tinfoil hat sometimes. Bring a sense of humor. Don't bring matches and gasoline.

In closing, I confess that this may be the strangest post to a FAQ section. But I think it fits well enough. Best advice is to read as much as you can, and ask questions when appropriate to the circumstance. Give back more than you take.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
bluemoon999 (09-12-2009), BooMer (06-10-2009), Burning (08-26-2009), Lyda (12-01-2009)
Old 08-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Man, vic. How long did it take you to type that damn long speach.
Old 08-26-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

That was 2.5 moons ago. But I vaguely remember about 2 minutes.
Old 12-01-2009

Just hope all is well with you...
Old 02-12-2010

Longevity: 82%

I searched for a specific thread before I posted a new one and this seemed a close fit.

I understand the views from most of the posters on this thread. How about this for an idea:

How about a subscriber area that only those who have purchased the Stealth book can enter? (The current subscriber area is paid or a free 6 month subscribtion to those who have purchased Stealth) The reason I suggest this is because while the Stealth book has excellent information, what works today may not work tomorrow.

It doesn't have to be a thread with numerous posts. I was thinking of maybe a FAQ that is edited on a regular basis. For example: Bank accounts that work(real info/stealth info), debit cards that work, etc.

Maybe even funnel that info to only 1 or 2 people that have rights to update the FAQ.

There is a two fold reason why I suggest this:

1)Newbies may have more trouble finding the info than someone that has been around awhile. Two different people may use the "search" function but one may find the info quicker because of experience.

2)I have noticed a lot of times that I do a seach and find a bunch of possible threads for my answer. I go into a thread and at the start of the thread, a certain gift card is great for verifing ebay/paypal. I read numerous posts in the thread and by the end of page 2 or 3, that card doesn't work anymore.

I think that this is what is frustrating. All the information is here and in the Stealth book but you have to sift through so much old information to find what is current.

Last edited by NTP; 02-12-2010 at 01:26 PM.