A few changes... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Forum Suggestions

Forum Suggestions Have a suggestion or comment for the forum? Post away...

Old 01-24-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 100%
Default A few changes...

Okay, so the first thing you'll probably notice is the sidebar is back!

Well it's not that I like it, but it seems guest like it. And if they like it, they'll register and subscribe to the site. I guess it makes it easier to see the whole forum from any angle.

Second, I made 3/4 the forum paid only. If you have eBay Stealth, you'll have 6 months free access, just send me a PM with your key and I'll set you up.

For everyone else either buy eBay Stealth to get free access or just buy a six month subscription to the forum. You can do both here.

You can also get eBay Stealth for free through TrialPay by going here. Get it free by signing up for any offer, send me a PM with your key and I'll set you up on the forums for six months.

Easy?

The Main forums and Off Topic forums are still open, but the eBay Specific forums, International eBay & PayPal forums, Marketplace forums, and the Subscribers Area forums are for people who subscribe.

Main thing is the Subscriber's Area, and eBay Specifics forums. I may add the eBay Suspensions forum, and PayPal limited forum later on once I get a lot of the people that bought eBay Stealth settled.

That's going to be fun... there are over 2000 of you guys.

Okay, that's it for now.

I'm sure there might be some bugs floating around, post if you see something. Otherwise if you bought eBay Stealth and want your six months free, pm me with your key and I'll set you up.

Aspkin,

Old 01-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Thank you.....
Maybe this will cut down the SPAMMERS and the 1 hit wonders.
Old 01-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

I have to agree with HWGA...I also think you will make more money too! Which definitely is a bonus
Old 01-25-2009

Longevity: 89%

Hi Aspkin
I think its a great thing that you have done with the forum. Dont think theres much area for improvement now, its more or less been mastered. Im sure you can see that im not a subscribed member. I do have your ebay Stealth Book but it was given to me by my brother. I dont want to get him into trouble or anything because he gave it to me but thats how i got hold of it. So this is the reason why i dont have a key.Ive been a member of your forum for a few months now and i try my best to give back as much as i get, somedays i will log onto the foum and browse questions that need answering and answer them.
If you can recall a previous thread i suggested that it may be a good idea if the subscribers area was opened to certain members that met a criteria of say 100 posts. This was suggested before the change to the forum. You said that was a good idea and others also agreed.This will make sure that you have members that are here due to there contribution on the forum or because they subscribed to your ebook.
I hope this is something that you will consider looking into still.
Thanks
Old 01-25-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

I think if a person subscribes to the book and to the members only area forum it should not be limited to how many posts they do. Not everyone is into posting. Besides if they pay then they should be allowed.
Just my opinion
Old 01-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

But you also have to look at it like this...Aspkin puts forth A LOT of effort into this and works his *** off to help us all. He deserves more than what he actually gets.
Old 01-25-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly387 View Post
But you also have to look at it like this...Aspkin puts forth A LOT of effort into this and works his *** off to help us all. He deserves more than what he actually gets.
I think you misunderstood me. I too believe the guy deserves what he gets. I didnt say anything to say that he didnt.
What I said was as far as the members go I dont think you should be banned from a members area if you had already paid your dues that aspkin required to gain entrance. Maybe Im the one that misunderstood and off base here but I took the conversation as being that you should only be allowed now if you have 100 posts.

Im only stating that if you paid and you bought the book and paid for the members area you should be allowed access to that area. Not change it up and only allow people that post 100 or so messages. I mean geez how about all the new people like me who just got here.
Old 01-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspended user View Post
I think you misunderstood me. I too believe the guy deserves what he gets. I didnt say anything to say that he didnt.
What I said was as far as the members go I dont think you should be banned from a members area if you had already paid your dues that aspkin required to gain entrance. Maybe Im the one that misunderstood and off base here but I took the conversation as being that you should only be allowed now if you have 100 posts.

Im only stating that if you paid and you bought the book and paid for the members area you should be allowed access to that area. Not change it up and only allow people that post 100 or so messages. I mean geez how about all the new people like me who just got here.
I understand what you are saying but its a mixup. Thats not what Gremlin was saying. Gremlin meant to also include those (if i myself am not mistaken) who have contributed to the forum in one way or another
Old 01-25-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
I understand what you are saying but its a mixup. Thats not what Gremlin was saying. Gremlin meant to also include those (if i myself am not mistaken) who have contributed to the forum in one way or another
OK thanks,
I reread everything and see your point.
Old 01-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Modee helps too.
Sorry, didn't mean to leave you out
Old 01-25-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

How about getting free access through TrialPay?

Sign up for any offer, and you'll get six months access to the subscriber's forums. I talked to TrialPay a couple days ago about this, and they're working on it for me.

If not I can probably come up with some auto promotion for people that have contributed a lot to the forums. I'll think of something.
Old 01-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
How about getting free access through TrialPay?

Sign up for any offer, and you'll get six months access to the subscriber's forums. I talked to TrialPay a couple days ago about this, and they're working on it for me.

If not I can probably come up with some auto promotion for people that have contributed a lot to the forums. I'll think of something.
TrialPay is awesome...I got the Stealth Book by doing this and now I am just waiting for my coffee to arrive!!!
Old 01-25-2009

Cheers for that Aspkin, its good you have an alternative method to offer. I'll just have to find a little time filling in the forms.

What i meant by my earlier post was that all buyers of ebay stealth get access to the members section as they are paying members. Before the forum was updated it was open to all members regardless if they were paying members or not, there was however a certain section which was allocated to paying members only. This was the time i made the suggestion of allowing non paying members into the subscribed section if they met a certain criteria(100 posts) Now that the forum has become subscibed members only i thought maybe this could still be taken into consideration for the people that reached the 100 post count before the new method of subscribed members only took place (a few days ago) So realistically this would now be available for members that were using Aspkins forum for a few months before today only.

Anyway i dont wanna sound like im nagging as the forum Aspkin has created deserves every penny he asks for.
Old 01-25-2009
Banned

Longevity: 92%

The contributing people who are already subscribed don't have to pay anything, correct?
Old 01-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

When your subscription runs out you will...
Old 01-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I define "WORK" as those who have been here at least two years, putting in thousands of posts, and moderating the forum. That kind of work adds up to thousands of hours spent helping the forums.
That's what... 4 or 5 people? I plan on being here until this site no longer exists. And if it moves...I will move with it I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! I can't thank you guys enough...Aspkin, Modee, GreenBean...sorry if i left any of you "Workers" out but thanks!
Old 01-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly387 View Post
TrialPay is awesome...I got the Stealth Book by doing this and now I am just waiting for my coffee to arrive!!!

:D OMG it's really good coffee, too! Did you get it yet?

I was gonna cancel after the first month but I'm hooked.

(Sorry for going off-topic - but consider it a plug for Trial Pay, the Auction Stealth Book and being a subscribed member!)
Old 01-29-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Lol, that's a plus for TrialPay, glad you like it.
Old 01-29-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eseller View Post
:D OMG it's really good coffee, too!
COFFEE? Did someone say Coffee! Hmmmmmmm...Definetly my drug of choice. :D

What else can you buy using Trial Pay?

Trial Pay is a EXCELLENT service if you want the Stealth Book for FREE! I received about 25 movies from Blockbuster in a month before I canceled.
Old 01-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eseller View Post
:D OMG it's really good coffee, too! Did you get it yet?

I was gonna cancel after the first month but I'm hooked.

(Sorry for going off-topic - but consider it a plug for Trial Pay, the Auction Stealth book and being a subscribed member!)
Haven't received it yet but they have shipped it. I will be trying it as soon as I get it! I hope it is as good as you say it is
Old 02-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Aspkin, Any more options instead of $20.00 for six months membership? For example Lifetime membership? Just asking for other users. not me.:D
Old 02-06-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

I was thinking about, maybe I'll add it back in later.