Anyone selling on TikTok shop? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 01-04-2024

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Anyone selling on TikTok shop?

I bet they will not report the sales to HMRC or the IRS as it’s Chinese.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-04-2024

Activity: 35%
Longevity: 33%

Hehe sounds promising
Old 01-08-2024
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,562 Times in 2,213 Posts
Activity: 74%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
It is pretty good to be honest. I'm sure it all depends on what you sell but I noticed they spiked my visibility randomly about 2 weeks after I started selling. Like sometimes a video will randomly go viral and the rest of someones tiktoks have hardly any views, it was sort of similar. They did something to try and and promote me. It worked also, I got a few more sales. I have sold around $2000 worth and that's not with much items listed.

I can really see if you make a video format, and promote it you'll probably get good sales. My listings are just photos, the videos, maybe not all but it only takes one and it can really do well.

Also another nice thing is you are only charged around 2% in fees. They are increasing it to 6% in April then 8% in July which I figured would happen at some point.
That sounds good. Any issues with suspensions or people messing with you like on Amazon?
Old 01-14-2024

Activity: 44%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
That sounds good. Any issues with suspensions or people messing with you like on Amazon?
I don't sell on Amazon. I probably should get back on there but no issues so far. Lots of customers asking for free product which is funny to me. They want free products and in return will "promote it" on their page. Only on TikTok have I ever got people asking for free products.

I came across a seller who has 1,500+ items sold in under 1 year. That amount would be probably over $150,000 worth of goods. Seeing that lets me know the potential is defiantly real. I just submitted brand authorization, hopefully it gets approved. I am going to take the marketplace more seriously. We all have the option to get first mover advantage.

This is just my speculation but if TikTok sees you're a success, they will promote you even more. Once that happens, the money will flow. The MAU's on TikTok are non comparable to eBay. It's probably not good to think of it as a main marketplace, but as an addition to the overall stream of income.
Old 01-14-2024

Update: I just actually got rejected for brand authorization. I sent a trademark agreement for level one access, but was told I need distributor agreement. Going to send that over in a few minutes. Fingers crossed.

I got a fast response on Saturday night within an hour and it's midnight where I live. That makes me think this is maybe done via artificial intelligence. Therefore as I said about their customer service, they suck, but if you comply with their policy, which means you say what is needed to be said, then you're good to go.
Old 01-14-2024
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't sell on Amazon. I probably should get back on there but no issues so far. Lots of customers asking for free product which is funny to me. They want free products and in return will "promote it" on their page. Only on TikTok have I ever got people asking for free products.

I came across a seller who has 1,500+ items sold in under 1 year. That amount would be probably over $150,000 worth of goods. Seeing that lets me know the potential is defiantly real. I just submitted brand authorization, hopefully it gets approved. I am going to take the marketplace more seriously. We all have the option to get first mover advantage.

This is just my speculation but if TikTok sees you're a success, they will promote you even more. Once that happens, the money will flow. The MAU's on TikTok are non comparable to eBay. It's probably not good to think of it as a main marketplace, but as an addition to the overall stream of income.

Asking for free stuff is very social media influencer hive mindset mentality.
They ask for free stuff on instagram and other social media platforms too.
They also used to do this on amazon until amazon banned the practice a few years ago.

Hmmm.... I haven't looked into the tiktok store, but when you say more of a supplemental source, Mercari comes to mind.

But if yo ucan sell 6 figures worth of items per year though I don't think that's supplemental anymore. That's a major sales revenue
Old 01-14-2024
Super Moderator

Quote:
Update: I just actually got rejected for brand authorization. I sent a trademark agreement for level one access, but was told I need distributor agreement. Going to send that over in a few minutes. Fingers crossed.

I got a fast response on Saturday night within an hour and it's midnight where I live. That makes me think this is maybe done via artificial intelligence. Therefore as I said about their customer service, they suck, but if you comply with their policy, which means you say what is needed to be said, then you're good to go.

Tiktok is based in China, so if anything their customer service reps work American nights.

Good luck with that application, let me know how it goes.
Old 01-14-2024
Super Moderator

I'm sticking this thread to the top so it's easier to find and seems like this thread is getting good info.
Old 01-14-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 21%

tiktok shop looks interesting. Really opened my eyes to the potential
Old 01-15-2024

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 23%

Mainly Chinese sellers considering shipping time . Huge sales on some products 50k+! But shipping time is 14-20 days

Its like aliexpress ?=)
Old 01-15-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,955 Times in 8,246 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99p View Post
Mainly Chinese sellers considering shipping time . Huge sales on some products 50k+! But shipping time is 14-20 days

Its like aliexpress ?=)
Feels different - and higher price than aliexpress for tiktok reason it seems
Old 01-15-2024
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99p View Post

Its like aliexpress ?=)
That's rather long... again, Tiktok is a Chinese company so I'm not surprised they behave like aliexpress.

But unlike ali, perhaps the platform offers better sales for us?
Old 01-15-2024

I don't view this like Aliexpress because everyone who has the app on their phone has access to the TikTok shop. Therefore you are getting that massive MAU base. People download Aliepxress for one specific reason however TikTok is not for the shop generally speaking.

I also firmly believe once you start getting sales they will hyper promote your shop. For many reasons, but mainly because they are trying to build the marketplace. Those who perform well like the TikTok algo for videos will apply here. That means these extremely smart algorithms they have set up should eventually in time cross promote for the specific customers you want. Which will create more sales.

And yes, it's not like Mercari. Mercari IMO is the lowest tier marketplace for businesses. What I more so meant was I not view Tiktok as a marketplace where I could only have this one shop and build my life around that shop. No, that's way too risky. None of that thinking is generally promoted here anyways but it's a very good second tier marketplace to an eBay or Amazon IMO. It's still early in on their development but I would imagine that the potential is definitely there. I already see it for me.

Personally i think it's smart for everyone to apply so you at least have the account if you want to use it. That way if in 5 years it's worth having you have the account within its first year. I find this important, but maybe not necessary. I see plenty seller's selling branded goods like Nike. Sure there are many cheap products but if your market is not saturated yet then that gives you open field IMO.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-15-2024 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2024

During December my aliexpress orders got 1 week delivery to the UK...if you want to source an aliexpress product use a sourcing agent. They can ship with special lines that will deliver in just over a week. There's also plenty of local stock dropship suppliers but stock might not be as high. I heard from another user they are closing tiktok shops so often if there's any issues...aren't you afraid ali might blow up your account.
Old 01-15-2024
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't view this like Aliexpress because everyone who has the app on their phone has access to the TikTok shop. Therefore you are getting that massive MAU base. People download Aliepxress for one specific reason however TikTok is not for the shop generally speaking.

I also firmly believe once you start getting sales they will hyper promote your shop. For many reasons, but mainly because they are trying to build the marketplace. Those who perform well like the TikTok algo for videos will apply here. That means these extremely smart algorithms they have set up should eventually in time cross promote for the specific customers you want. Which will create more sales.

And yes, it's not like Mercari. Mercari IMO is the lowest tier marketplace for businesses. What I more so meant was I not view Tiktok as a marketplace where I could only have this one shop and build my life around that shop. No, that's way too risky. None of that thinking is generally promoted here anyways but it's a very good second tier marketplace to an eBay or Amazon IMO. It's still early in on their development but I would imagine that the potential is definitely there. I already see it for me.

Personally i think it's smart for everyone to apply so you at least have the account if you want to use it. That way if in 5 years it's worth having you have the account within its first year. I find this important, but maybe not necessary. I see plenty seller's selling branded goods like Nike. Sure there are many cheap products but if your market is not saturated yet then that gives you open field IMO.
that's some good advice. I guess I'll make a seller account just because.

Do they need ID or docs like amazon or is it free for all?
Old 01-16-2024

Anyone making sales without the videos?
Old 01-16-2024
Super Moderator

So is it your own videos you have to make to promote your sales or you depend on others to make a video for you?
Old 01-16-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
that's some good advice. I guess I'll make a seller account just because.

Do they need ID or docs like amazon or is it free for all?
Honestly I can't remember but it's nothing like Amazon where you need a bank statement, phone bill etc.

You will get approved, I have no doubts. When I did mine and added my bank account details and it was automatically accepted without any verification needed which really surprised me.
Old 01-17-2024

I signed up with company details and had to verify ID and send in company documents and proof of address.
It wouldn't let me use non UK residential address so I used the company address and it worked.

Anybody using stealth tiktok ads account in different countries? How long does it last? Can you use the same credit card?
Old 01-17-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENDEN76 View Post
I signed up with company details and had to verify ID and send in company documents and proof of address.
It wouldn't let me use non UK residential address so I used the company address and it worked.

Anybody using stealth tiktok ads account in different countries? How long does it last? Can you use the same credit card?
I would assume that is because of your country, or maybe it's because I signed up within a month of it going live. I'm sure security will only increase, it never decreases in any marketplace.
Old 01-18-2024

To sign up for a business account they require you to have a company. You select your company from a drop down box. So it seems they have access to all that information worldwide
Old 01-18-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,955 Times in 8,246 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENDEN76 View Post
To sign up for a business account they require you to have a company. You select your company from a drop down box. So it seems they have access to all that information worldwide
Did you end up registering your company outside of your country DENDEN76?