ebid.net anyone using that can help..... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 07-28-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default ebid.net anyone using that can help.....

Hi,
I'm new here at aspkin and I have purchased the stealth. Very much enjoy the reading, but I have also heard a lot about ebid.net. I browsed the website and like what I see. I also see that the only posts about this site on this forum go back to 2008.
Can anyone please tell me how they feel about ebid and if anyone is curretly using it now? I am very interested to use a different auction site and using google checkout instead of paypal.
Any input any one can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Hi there, I tried ebid when I was frustrated with ebay.

The problem with ebay is that there is simply not the traffic to it and it is very hard to make sales.

In my opinion...... If anyone else feels different then say.
Old 07-28-2010

Longevity: 83%

try amazon but we aware of how velocity limits work
The Following User Says Thank You to newtools For This Useful Post:
rsot (07-28-2010)
Old 07-28-2010
Threadstarter  

ebid.net says that when you sign up as a seller +, your items are linked through google searches. this is what caught my eye. they also have over 2.4 million items up for sale and pretty much NO FEES. Though they accept paypal, there are tons of others that are also approved. At first I thought it was out of the states, but contact info shows an address in Florida. So, I just didn't know if anyone had any recent experience with them, looks like an option. Plus I see everywhere how people are trying to get google to open an auction site and outdo ebay. I do not see how this could not happen since google is so big.
Just curious.
Old 08-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphinney View Post
ebid.net says that when you sign up as a seller +, your items are linked through google searches. this is what caught my eye. they also have over 2.4 million items up for sale and pretty much NO FEES. Though they accept paypal, there are tons of others that are also approved. At first I thought it was out of the states, but contact info shows an address in Florida. So, I just didn't know if anyone had any recent experience with them, looks like an option. Plus I see everywhere how people are trying to get google to open an auction site and outdo ebay. I do not see how this could not happen since google is so big.
Just curious.
Google gets a lot of money from eBay for advertising. Amazon and Yahoo both tried auctions before and failed. So Google may not really want to start an auction site.

It would be AWESOME if they did, though.
Old 08-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

I've been looking at eBid and I REALLY like it! I know thta most people say there are no sales, but since it is free to list ($49 per year is not a big deal) I think I'll try it. Maybe get some international sales that way. Even a few sales a month would be worthwhile.

And I like their automation. Easy to upload my 3,200 products.

Maybe it is a waste of time, but there is just something about that site...
Old 08-09-2010

can you let us know of the traffic and such that you get?
Old 08-09-2010

i have had an account since it started way back , i have two account now, i have ever only sold two items and have 74,000 feedback lol.

Saying that though it does really well in some category's, vinyl records looked good last time i check but i don't sell them also arts and crafts.

it is owned by two brother from london u.k, As a site it's o.k but i always get the impression that it's like the blind leading the blind, i see it as a bit of a revolving door unfortunately.

Another thing is they are just like ebay in the way they limit you and stuff .

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 08-10-2010

Longevity: 84%

Ebid IMHO is a waste of time. Virtually no sales, and when there are the low profit there is not worth it at all. You need to mark down your items by at least 50% lower than on ebay just to get a sale. And they will limit you even worse than ebay do, not even a warning with ebid. I tried it a few times, wouldnt waste my time again.
Old 08-10-2010

what the worthwhile alts then? Amazon is obvious if you know how velocity limits work that we have gone into great detail about in the Amazon thread. I never see much of anything from Ioffer! anyone else?
Old 08-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Thought I would update this if anyone was interested. I did end up going for the seller+ account with Ebid.net. I paid $49.99 for 1 year subscription, after confirmation I received a link to upgrade for lifetime membership for an additional $0.00, so I did. I listed approx. 12 items Sunday night (8/8/10). Every item has been receiving hits/views since listing and this morning I logged on to find I had my first sale. It was an item that was for auction and buy now, the customer took it at buy now.
So if anyone wants to give it a try, I'm already very happy with it. Easy to list items, with their listing feed. I am not going to get too overly excited, but only being 3 days in and received my first sale is a start.
Old 08-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%

Is the registration simple compared to eBay? What do you use to accept payments?

Seems interesting to me but any info you provide is nice of you.

Last edited by rsot; 08-11-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Yes, registration is very simple, name address, the norm. If you sign up seller+ you can run upto 5 stores.
I use google checkout/usps money orders/cc payments via propay. They also accept paypal and they say they are working on moneybookers. The forums are very informative. It's just way to simple to upload items. They have a listing feature like ebay's turbo lister, you download and it's done, click and done. They save all the photo's in a file for you. You can choose FREE Auction w/buy now features as well, and there are listing fees or final value fees. If you choose options then there is a fee, which is billed monthly. I'm using free auctions to test the waters. I really like the layout. Plus you can import your feedback from other auction sites as well. It won't show excatly what customers stated but show stats (150 positive, 1 nuetral, 0 negitive) Then you build your comments from selling here.
It's well worth it for me plus my lifetime membership was just 1/2 paid for with my first sale.
Old 08-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Final value fee 3% max? And you decide how you want to get paid? And lastly, stealth?
Old 08-12-2010
Threadstarter  

NO final value fee if you choose free auction. You decide how you want to get paid, including money orders. No need for stealth unless you need to use stealth for a stealth paypal, then yes, you should set up with your stealth info. Use google checkout as an alternative, I did. My listings are being sold with google checkout, usps money orders and accepting credit/debit cards with propay. They are still running the special of signing up for seller+ for $49.49/1 year, then you can immediately upgrade for lifetime membership for $0.
Old 08-12-2010
Threadstarter  

Oh sorry, I just noticed that in my earlier post I stated that there were fees for FREE AUCTION, my bad, NO FEES for checking free auction. No listing fee, no final value fee, the only you'll pay is to your payment processing company. You will however pay fees if you choose options such as bold, featured ect....
Old 08-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Thanks. Problem is traffic. I'm guessing its very light compared to eBay. But a few sales here and there cant hurt.
Old 10-01-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default it will get better

Quote:
Thought I would update this if anyone was interested. I did end up going for the seller+ account with Ebid.net. I paid $49.99 for 1 year subscription, after confirmation I received a link to upgrade for lifetime membership for an additional $0.00, so I did. I listed approx. 12 items Sunday night (8/8/10). Every item has been receiving hits/views since listing and this morning I logged on to find I had my first sale. It was an item that was for auction and buy now, the customer took it at buy now.
So if anyone wants to give it a try, I'm already very happy with it. Easy to list items, with their listing feed. I am not going to get too overly excited, but only being 3 days in and received my first sale is a start.
ive been on ebid for over a year and upgraded to seller+ i have a few sales and only use ebid feedback,the more we promote the better it will get so keep going and good luck
Old 10-11-2010

Longevity: 78%

I have heard the not many sales on ebid.net thing a few times but normally from sellers that were on some time ago before they got that step up by google, as most of your sales come from google products.

I listed on there a year ago and sold one thing and then ebay sales took off with that seasonal thing they do and I just let the stuff end with no sales.

But then listed some stuff recently and I only listed about fifty items but so far have had seven sales with most of the customers asking if I am listing more.
Most of them are new to ebid.net and one or two are overseas, where on ebay I would not sell overseas. Just too much work

The funny part I found, was the stuff I listed had ended on a disastrous ebay account and I just refunded the buyers, as paypal held the money anyhow. But that gave me an idea of what auction price it was worth, so I set the auction price as it was on ebay and then set the BIN price a little more.
All but one item of the seven sold at the BIN price, and with the penny fees I made a hell of a lot more than I did on ebay for the same items.

If your unsure of pricing, as I was with being an auction seller. Do a search on google products for each item, as the sellers on there are who you are competing against. Just ignore the silly prices.

I would accept paypal to increase sales, as ebay brainwashing has traveled.

I have also found the people that are getting a lot of sales a day seem to be the ones who have thousands of listings, and just like ebay, those selling low cost goods that sellers turn to for feedback.

Paypal is supposedly not as bad off ebay but. On saying that I have not had a problem, as you seem to get a better class of buyer

You are also allowed to have terms and conditions on there, which for a unique goods seller is a great thing.
The forum reminds me of ebay back in the day , when sellers would help each other or like this place now. And if you are not getting sales they will point out why.

I am trying to build it up as a feasible back up for my sales and to also cover those things that I can't sell on ebay any longer, due to stupid things like capping the shipping or just because some items sell better overseas.
Old 10-24-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

ebid is just far too small to compete with egay!
Old 08-06-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 73%

I started ebid.net last month, I'm not a power seller but I'm too afraid of eBay quite frankly.

I figure this. When eBay started, almost 15 years ago, there weren't any power sellers then either. All this power selling started in the late 90s early 2000s. Perhaps ebid.net will get there eventually too. I only use moneybookers on ebid.net. Not PP.

I have a website but I won't accept PP for my items. My items are low cost, not expensive items. Pet products, that's about it. Nothing illegal.
Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Just curious.
before you pay for any membership for ebid remember that they will require you to Fax in docs right away as soon as you pay,thats what happened with me...