I found out why nothing sells on ecrater - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 05-28-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Angry I found out why nothing sells on ecrater

I found out why nothing sells on ecrater

eCrater claims they put things on google base. Well I checked and checked and no they never did. I googled searched and since January 2007 or so they had that problem. Well they never fixed it.

So I complained to them. eCrater responded by suspending my account with false accusations. Items I was a certified reseller for that I could fax them proof they cancelled it and said I wasn't. That was their response. And so all my inventory which I spent 40 hours putting up suddenly was taken down.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

If there is no appeal process, then it sounds like ecrater is related to ebay. Shaking my head at your bad luck.
Old 05-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

It's free.
Old 05-28-2008

Longevity: 92%

I never liked ecrater. Sure they may have alot of listings but I don't like the owner dude's attitude. I went to their forum and asked why ecrater doesn't support html in their listings and I got yelled at and then the owner logined and replied "because I want a simple website and I can do what I want because this is my site". He also said something to the effect that "if you love html so much, why don't you go back to ebay". Then I was banned the thread deleted. He does not listen to suggestions on anything either. He runs it the way he wants to. Its like a dictatorship.

HTML is crucial for my digital items because I embed a video feed of a sample channel to prove my "Watch TV on your PC for FREE" program works. If I list without embeded video, my sales drop 75% as I've noticed when I was on ebay.
Old 05-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

Has anyone addressed the issue of whether or not they log ips and ban you after they suspend your account? Assuming you use google checkout on their site wouldn't they have a record of your GC merchant id, etc. so you couldn't use it again? I don't know. Maybe it doesn't matter.

411guru, the owner sounds like a real douchebag. I can't imagine ecrater expanding any further with leadership like that. I think it comes down to the fact that it's a free service so the owner doesn't feel like he needs to respond to suggestions or complaints.
Old 05-29-2008

Longevity: 96%

Wow Jonas, I don't know what your talking about regarding Ecrater and google products. All my stuff get immediatly posted on google product search and my main ecrater page shows up in google organic search. Also I don't think stuff shows up on google base. It shows up on Google Product Search ......

Now regarding the HTML. Your right, its his site and he doesn't like HTML on it. Oh well, at least we don't pay for anything. Personally I never really used much HTML on Ebay or any other site. I do understand about your embedded video needs and you should make a suggestion.
Old 05-29-2008

why don't you use ioffer.com ?
i just made a huge sale on there.
Old 05-29-2008

Congrats exclusive, yeah thats where I'm selling the most, or at all. Sales do suck compared to ebay, but better than nothing. Made $100 thus far for this month. $100 in your pocket=better than nothing.
Old 05-29-2008

yea, exactly money is money even though its nothing compared to ebay.
Old 05-31-2008
Executive [VIP]

I think I've made a total of 45 dollars on ioffer from ads and that was over 2 years ago. I don't post many ads because the traffic is practically nill. I decided to post again and noticed that my listings are STILL up from 6 months ago without even one offer. So what I've done is I've started responding to want ads. A little tedious but the amount of replies I've gotten is quite shocking especially considering some of them are months old. Unfortunately only 2 sales amount to 40 dollars during the course of over a week or so but that's more than I made in the last 6 months on ioffer from my ads! lol.
Old 05-31-2008

yea, i know its not that much money, but its better then making $0.00
Old 12-03-2009

Longevity: 83%
Default Ecrater Does feed through to Google products

I am a seller on Ecrater and I do get a constant flow of orders. Not like Amazon or ebay but still it is some orders. I just want to say that all my adverts DO flow trough to Google Base or also Known as Google Products or Froogle.com.
We should support Ecrater because there is very little competition to Ebay and Amazon and that is not good for us as online sellers.
Old 01-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

iffer is really good
Old 01-18-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 97%

eBid.net was very good for me in 2009. you can use your own merchant like Google Checkout and others. you can pay also for life time membership and you can sell as many as you want. they rank very well in Google search enigne if you have a store with them even for a high volume keyword.
Old 01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411guru View Post
I never liked ecrater. Sure they may have alot of listings but I don't like the owner dude's attitude. I went to their forum and asked why ecrater doesn't support html in their listings and I got yelled at and then the owner logined and replied "because I want a simple website and I can do what I want because this is my site". He also said something to the effect that "if you love html so much, why don't you go back to ebay". Then I was banned the thread deleted. He does not listen to suggestions on anything either. He runs it the way he wants to. Its like a dictatorship.

HTML is crucial for my digital items because I embed a video feed of a sample channel to prove my "Watch TV on your PC for FREE" program works. If I list without embeded video, my sales drop 75% as I've noticed when I was on ebay.

lol this sounds very familar to what ive been hearing and getting non stop lately, not with e crater, but with this certain forum i joined not to long ago lol... some people are power trippers and everything has to be done their way. some people just get off on that kinda stuff.
Old 01-21-2010

ive had sucess using a combination of the various sites people have mentioned above. but you cant really generate to much revenue using just 1. i put all my auctions on various sites and worked pretty well. ecrater isnt that bad. it isnt great either.
Old 02-12-2010

I am thinking of selling AF clothes on ebid - how are the sales there?? also is it good to list as bid or fixed price? I need info please, for those who have good experience with ebid, please advice here...
Old 02-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

now i am doing wholesale dvds boxset now,but i want to do retail on ebid and ecrater now,i am doing very well on iffer ,but i do not know it will be same at ebid and ecrater or not,
Old 02-23-2010

Default ebid and ecrater

I sell a lot on ecrater and I believe it is better than ebid. Ecrater is 100% free so use it. You have to post many ads to get results but its free so go crazy.ITs worth the trouble because ecrater ads feed through to Google eventually, give your ads some time to mature and they will appear on Google on the first page(some of them) dont get too excited. Hope this helps
Old 06-26-2010

Longevity: 80%

what do you mean ads the items you have for sale?
Old 06-28-2010

Default ecrater is quite a good platform for selling.

Hi, yes I do mean your ecrater advert will eventually appear on page one of Google. Some of them will, some will not. If you keep the advert on ecrater long enough you have a good chance.Many of my ads appear on Google first page and it cost me nothing.
Old 07-13-2010

Longevity: 79%

Well... ecrater pretty much disappointed me in the first week. I didn't even sell a single item. I'd say iOffer is a better choice, considering the chance to import your hard earned feedback from other auction sites...