Little to no Verizon 3G service for last 2 weeks. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 04-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%
Default Re: Little to no Verizon 3G service for last 2 weeks.

I got the 4620L today. Its better but its not perfect and only leaves me more confused. This device seems to work every where I've taken it (-96 to -85dBm) except for where I need it most... inside my apartment (-105dBm). I don't see how I could get a flawless 3G signal in my apartment for the last year then all of a sudden its gone...

I'm thinking its just this 4620L picks up signal better than the Zone 2 phones but not good enough to work in my house. If I leave it in my car I can get wifi to my desk. But I have to go outside to change IP's and then wait forever for it to stop searching for Verizon. or there is some kind of interference in my house and the Verizon sec update messed up the phones??? Doubt it, there has to be towers out around me.

I guess boost might have been more cost effective @ $50 a month. Now I'm in it 2 phones @ $90 a piece and a $120 MiFi plus $15 a month until I sell the phones and now I need to look into a 3G amplifier and antenna. Another $200+ Not even counting all the lost time trying to run accounts with 2G or no service at all.... or driving a mile down the street to pick up a good 3G signal.

What a Nightmare...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
I got the 4620L today. Its better but its not perfect and only leaves me more confused. This device seems to work every where I've taken it (-96 to -85dBm) except for where I need it most... inside my apartment (-105dBm). I don't see how I could get a flawless 3G signal in my apartment for the last year then all of a sudden its gone...

I'm thinking its just this 4620L picks up signal better than the Zone 2 phones but not good enough to work in my house. If I leave it in my car I can get wifi to my desk. But I have to go outside to change IP's and then wait forever for it to stop searching for Verizon. or there is some kind of interference in my house and the Verizon sec update messed up the phones??? Doubt it, there has to be towers out around me.

I guess boost might have been more cost effective @ $50 a month. Now I'm in it 2 phones @ $90 a piece and a $120 MiFi plus $15 a month until I sell the phones and now I need to look into a 3G amplifier and antenna. Another $200+ Not even counting all the lost time trying to run accounts with 2G or no service at all.... or driving a mile down the street to pick up a good 3G signal.

What a Nightmare...
Try putting the Mifi near a window?
Old 04-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

why are you so obsessed with verizon though? you're killing yourself sticking with them obviously. have you not tried others? i have att, vzw, sprint, tmob all working.
Old 04-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
why are you so obsessed with verizon though? you're killing yourself sticking with them obviously. have you not tried others? i have att, vzw, sprint, tmob all working.
How dare you question his commitment!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
any of them flashed other than Verizon? I would love a flashed ATT hotspot.
Old 04-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

no i live a simple life. regular mifi or tether

hint...lotta small prepaid carriers do not block personal hotspot features on phones
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
yankee (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

hint...lotta small prepaid carriers do not block personal hotspot features on phones
I think Dos XX just found their new spokesman......"I don't always Mifi, but when I do....I prefer the simple life"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (04-08-2017), yotano211 (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:

Cricket doesnt block the tmobile hot spot with a tmobile phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (04-08-2017), yankee (04-09-2017)
Old 04-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

What a Nightmare...
Get Cricket or metroPCS with the unlimited plan, both $65/month and buy at the android store PdaNet or easytether, both are $10. They will let you phone tether to your laptop with a USB cable. If you have a tmobile phone with the tmobile hotspot you can hotspot with Cricket on the ATT network. Dont hotspot with metroPCS since they run from the tmobile network, you only get 5gb with them, with cricket you get tons more. With Cricket I was common to download over 600gb per month over a cellphone.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
yankee (04-09-2017)
Old 04-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
Get Cricket or metroPCS with the unlimited plan, both $65/month and buy at the android store PdaNet or easytether, both are $10. They will let you phone tether to your laptop with a USB cable. If you have a tmobile phone with the tmobile hotspot you can hotspot with Cricket on the ATT network. Dont hotspot with metroPCS since they run from the tmobile network, you only get 5gb with them, with cricket you get tons more. With Cricket I was common to download over 600gb per month over a cellphone.
No Cricket!
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
yotano211 (04-09-2017)
Old 04-09-2017
Threadstarter  

I tested my phone and mifi from Melbourne which is east of Orlando to Daytona Bch FL on Interstate 95 and didn't get a 3G signal once on either one. Only 2G. That's 100 miles on one of the most heavily travled interstates. There's some kind of issue in Central Florida with flashed to Vzn3G.

If you live in east central FL don't go the Verizon 3G route for IPs right now. It hasn't worked since February. If anything changes I'll post.

I'm already using AT&T and have used up all 200 some ip's. Anyone have an idea if cricket would give me some of those same ip's?

What's the next best/cheapest option to Vzn3G? Boost, Metro, Cricket, or some other kind of prepaid?
Old 04-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I tested my phone and mifi from Melbourne which is east of Orlando to Daytona Bch FL on Interstate 95 and didn't get a 3G signal once on either one. Only 2G. That's 100 miles on one of the most heavily travled interstates. There's some kind of issue in Central Florida with flashed to Vzn3G.

If you live in east central FL don't go the Verizon 3G route for IPs right now. It hasn't worked since February. If anything changes I'll post.

I'm already using AT&T and have used up all 200 some ip's. Anyone have an idea if cricket would give me some of those same ip's?

What's the next best/cheapest option to Vzn3G? Boost, Metro, Cricket, or some other kind of prepaid?
Boost is 100% crap, the use Sprint network and owned by same company. Cricket used ATT network, MetroPCS uses Tmobile network. Metro's cheapest plan I think is 35/month but after you use up your data plan (1gb or 2.5GB) you'll get throttled to 128kps. I would cancel all of your cellphones with other companies and go with the truly unlimited plan with MetroPCS.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
nate (04-09-2017)
Old 04-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
Boost is 100% crap, the use Sprint network and owned by same company. Cricket used ATT network, MetroPCS uses Tmobile network. Metro's cheapest plan I think is 35/month but after you use up your data plan (1gb or 2.5GB) you'll get throttled to 128kps. I would cancel all of your cellphones with other companies and go with the truly unlimited plan with MetroPCS.
Does metro have a large ip pool? My AT&T gives me a little over 200 ip's and my Vzn3G count is at about 400 now and I've only hit a duplicate twice. Vzn3G seems to never end.
Old 04-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Does metro have a large ip pool? My AT&T gives me a little over 200 ip's and my Vzn3G count is at about 400 now and I've only hit a duplicate twice. Vzn3G seems to never end.
I dont know the total, I dont keep track of IPs. I just change them going from one account to another. I only know that the last 2 numbers change. I think they is around over 500+.
Old 07-31-2017

Longevity: 40%

I got my hands on a flashed verizon 890l. I have connected laptops and cell phones/tablets to it. How do I go about connecting a desktop to it that does not have a wireless ethernet card like the rest of these devices?
I did try connecting the usb cable to my desktop port but it was not picked up in my network connections... Any help would be appreciated!
Old 07-31-2017

Is a micro usb to ethernet adapter one way to do it?
Old 07-31-2017
Threadstarter  

You have to be careful connecting flashed mifi devices (890L) to a computer with a USB cable. If its a charge only cable there's no worries. But if its a straight up data or sync cable there is a chance it could get stuck in download mode and stop working. You can tether flashed phones to computer by data cable no problem.

Last edited by nate; 07-31-2017 at 11:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
HelpNeeded (08-01-2017)
Old 01-19-2018

I purchased the flashed Verizon mifi and it has worked great for the last 6 months. Just yesterday morning however I turned it on to connect and it would not receive any 3G connectivity, instead displaying 1X. For the last two days the device has not been working. The device has been renewed monthly and is still well within the service period.

I contacted the seller who I purchased the device from and notified them about my situation.. Still waiting to hear back. I also called Verizon and determined that their is no connectivity issues in my area. I did not provide them the phone number or imei as the device is flashed and this could cause problems right?

Flashed mifi has been my method of changing my IP address and am in need of something to change my IP until this can be resolved to log in and fulfill orders. I understand the free VPN options can be risky but is it okay if used temporarily or even just once until this issue can get fixed?

I would also appreciate if anyone has experienced this issue with this device and how you rectified it. Thank you!
Old 01-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Yep, OP here... most likely your f#ck3d. Verizon is switching over their network to get ready for 5G.

I'm in Florida.. They started over here 1st about a year ago. I drove up interstate 95 from Miami to Daytona while testing and only got 3G service in 2 little areas. Luckly one happened to be close enough to where I live that I was able to buy a Wilson WeBoost 3G amplifier and antenna and was able to get a usable signal up until a month or two ago. Now there are no 3G towers by me that work. This isnt all bad though because now 1x (2G) works flawlessly and I can use it the 1st 90 days of a new account before switching to VPN. Before it would switch back and forth between 2G and 3G causing disconnections and IP changes.

It may have something to do with the PRL (preferred roaming list) which tells the phone which towers to connect to. The only way to know is if your flasher could get remote access to your computer and try out different PRL's on your phone until you find one that works. I had someone in Kansas (KC Flash and Phone) that was going to do it for me but the WeBoost antenna solved the problem temporarily for me.

I had tried buying a new phone and a JetPack 4620L 1st. Then I drove around with the phone looking for a tower that worked when the new devices had the same issue.

I just ended up renting 13 VPS's and building VPN's on them. It was actually cheaper than paying the $5 a month on 3 flashed devices. Most of the VPS's I got for $9/year but 3 or 4 of them I was able to get for $6/year.

Using a VPN is amazing compared to a MiFi or tethered connection. I use a Chromebook which is Linux so its easy to make a VPN kill switch in shell with iptables once the Chromebook is in Developer mode. Window is even easier with a windows firewall killswitch. Other Linux you can use iptables or UFW firewall.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
HelpNeeded (01-29-2018)
Old 01-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

It's possible they know about your device and probably got it cancelled. It's happen to me several times, when that happens I just have it "Re-Flashed" and off I go again.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
HelpNeeded (01-22-2018)
Old 02-04-2018

After my device stopped receiving 3G data connectivity I did get my device re-flashed and it did the trick! If you search around there are ones who offer this service to be done remotely in just a few minutes.
Old 07-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Sorry... I dug this back out, but I finely broke down and sent my MiFi in to GLSelectronic to get reflashed...

His flash got me back on 3G in Central Florida.