Virtual machine - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 11-08-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Re: Virtual machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
If the VPN disconnected while a page was loading, they'd see the real one then, right? Since packets are being transferred.

The page wouldnt load if the VPN connection dropped

So basically what he is saying and this is really good information:

Your IP is only given to amazon/ebay when you load a page..after it is done loading no more information is being sent to amazon/ebay

so if your page is loaded and your connection goes out its a cached version basically and you can still browser but as soon as you click a link you will get a new page saying to check your connection bla bla

so then he just re connects to his VPN and he check his ip and he resumes business
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2017

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34505 View Post
The page wouldnt load if the VPN connection dropped
Why not? He isn't using a killswitch of any kind, so wouldn't the REAL ip address finish loading the page for him? (If the VPN disconnected mid-load)
Old 11-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Why not? He isn't using a killswitch of any kind, so wouldn't the REAL ip address finish loading the page for him? (If the VPN disconnected mid-load)
The only times I've ever had a connection drop in the middle of loading a page (extremely rare - most of the time it's when the connection sits idle for a while), exactly what MMjr said is what happened. The page just fails to load. If I were to refresh before reconnecting then I'd reveal my real IP. But softether immediately starts trying to reconnect so that would be a really stupid mistake to make with the "VPN Connecting" dialogue box open.

Just guessing, but it probably has something to do with the destination IP on the packets that come in after the VPN drops. Packets are addressed to specific IP's. So when the VPN drops and I lose my VPN IP the packets coming from eBay's servers no longer have the correct destination IP, so they're dropped.
Old 11-08-2017

Gotcha. With my luck, I'll just have to keep the Killswitch engaged!
Old 11-09-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
What are you doing for a killswitch, in case the VPN connection drops? I installed the program that closes the browser if the connection drops, but I think I also want to make the browser ONLY BE ABLE to connect through that IP.

Call me paranoid... I don't care!
I use a mobile hotspot and sometimes it drops especially if someone calls my viber and I answer it on mobile. I coulndn't figure out what to do, tried many softwares. The problem was is that I couldn't change private and public networks in the way I need. So all the tutorials were usless. Then I found that I can change it in windows registry. SO now it works ok! I just use windows firewall
Old 11-09-2017

interesting thread I will deffo use the virtual machine
Old 11-15-2017

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Some who use VM's to manage their accounts prefer to mix up it in regards to host OS's. This is done in an effort to make each account even more unique - since many web tracking techniques tell a website what OS/browser you use.

In my experience it's an unnecessary step on eBay but it most likely helps with Amazon accounts since they're so much more stringent with verification/linking.

Using any flavor of Windows or Linux or OSX is perfectly fine. It's just a matter of preference.

BTW - Non GUI (command line) versions of Linux are 100x harder to operate than GUI-friendly interfaces such as Ubuntu. Just putting that out there lol.
Ebay do use fingerprinting technology though maybe not so strictly. Paypal on the other hand use it very tightly.

For OP + others. If you installed windows 7 on 7 VM's + firefox you would give off the same fingerprints on them all. Install different OS. Then install different browsers too, Chrome and firefox and IE will give of different prints within the same VM. Try it for your self .. google. canvas fingerprint.

You can block it, but this is a big red flag to paypal too
Old 11-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigloganbt View Post
Ebay do use fingerprinting technology though maybe not so strictly. Paypal on the other hand use it very tightly.

For OP + others. If you installed windows 7 on 7 VM's + firefox you would give off the same fingerprints on them all. Install different OS. Then install different browsers too, Chrome and firefox and IE will give of different prints within the same VM. Try it for your self .. google. canvas fingerprint.

You can block it, but this is a big red flag to paypal too

How do you know paypal does the fingerprinting?
Changing browser to do different mobile browser for each account, will this eradicate fingerprinting?
Old 11-18-2017

Longevity: 37%

It would be naive to think any financial institute doesn't take simple measures to protect itself like fingerprinting. There are tonnes of different fingerprinting methods too. Browser and canvas being 2 common ones. Download a canvas blocking addon for chrome firefox and put the setting to " ask me when a canvas fingerprint is requested" you will then see every time a site requests it.

Use a different browser or diff os and 2 easy ways to get different fingerprints

You can also see your own browser + canvas fingerprints by googling it ( try it in chrome + firefox - the fignerprints will be different)