Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website? - eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Making Money

Making Money Flipping, Investing, You Name it. Letís discuss other ways of making money!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-23-2018
glacier922's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 656
Thanked 247 Times in 197 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (0)
Default Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

Thinking of doing this. It's probably for the long term, little by little every sale. Anyone here do it succesfully? Or is Ebay and Amazon's monopoly on traffic just that good?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 11-02-2018
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 3%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

Your idea is quite interesting but what I think is ebay/amazon will not allow you to divert it or if you get success to divert it people will not buy from your website.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-2018
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,127
Thanks: 1,418
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,804 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

Personally I throw all of those business cards from sellers inside shipments directly in the trashcan.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-02-2018
13obby's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 392
Thanks: 9
Thanked 90 Times in 77 Posts
Activity: 23%
Longevity: 16%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

Did try sending out leaflets with each order a few years ago probably got a few sales from it but like phaz0rz said 99% of buyers just through away any leaflets.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-02-2018
TOOKNAPA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 665
Thanks: 87
Thanked 167 Times in 142 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 30%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

the clue is to offer something more interesting on your website than the offer on amz/ebay.
As they are online buyers, business cards will not works well, you have to find the way to contact them by email or messages on the marketplace , so they just have to click on the link to go on your website.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-02-2018
Sunspot144's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,146
Thanks: 232
Thanked 226 Times in 183 Posts
Activity: 79%
Longevity: 7%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

Offer a coupon code up to or less than your EB+PP fees on a business card so you can track who uses the code. Doing this personally nets a profit each month after the monthly website fee and the cost of printing business cards (not a lot). Some website builders will offer a discount on the monthly fee after being a user for a year+.

Gotprint has the lowest prices for cards hands down. If you're serious 10,000 will cost you $150 with shipping. I figure as long as it's all worth it to you SEO will build up naturally over time. Paid ads is a complete wash but does bring in more clicks than you'll get anywhere else + a few sales here and there.

And don't be one of those guys who puts hard candy in as well. No one eats hard candy from a parcel.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-03-2018
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 136
Thanks: 11
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
Offer a coupon code up to or less than your EB+PP fees on a business card so you can track who uses the code. Doing this personally nets a profit each month after the monthly website fee and the cost of printing business cards (not a lot). Some website builders will offer a discount on the monthly fee after being a user for a year+.

Gotprint has the lowest prices for cards hands down. If you're serious 10,000 will cost you $150 with shipping. I figure as long as it's all worth it to you SEO will build up naturally over time. Paid ads is a complete wash but does bring in more clicks than you'll get anywhere else + a few sales here and there.

And don't be one of those guys who puts hard candy in as well. No one eats hard candy from a parcel.
LOL... Never heard of getting candy in a parcel. I do like what they were going for though, something cool and different. I spray air freshener before sealing some of my packages and it does stay in the box until it is opened which customers have commented on.

As for your best prices for cards hands down... I stand by the fact that EVERYTHING is ALWAYS cheaper on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5000-FULL-C...iba6:rk:2:pf:0
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-03-2018
Sunspot144's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,146
Thanks: 232
Thanked 226 Times in 183 Posts
Activity: 79%
Longevity: 7%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emporium View Post

As for your best prices for cards hands down... I stand by the fact that EVERYTHING is ALWAYS cheaper on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5000-FULL-C...iba6:rk:2:pf:0
Ehhhh never thought to consider ebay due to shadiness sometimes... nice share
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-04-2018
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 35
Thanks: 10
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 10%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emporium View Post
LOL... Never heard of getting candy in a parcel. I do like what they were going for though, something cool and different. I spray air freshener before sealing some of my packages and it does stay in the box until it is opened which customers have commented on.

As for your best prices for cards hands down... I stand by the fact that EVERYTHING is ALWAYS cheaper on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5000-FULL-C...iba6:rk:2:pf:0

Wow that's actually A good idea lol, a creative way to have your package stand out
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-04-2018
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 3%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

I think it is very difficult for us to divert the traffic to my own website
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-04-2018
Payelectronica's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 323
Thanks: 36
Thanked 73 Times in 60 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 27%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

At the moment I am seriously looking into but have not yet tried to divert traffic from my eBay accounts to my own website yet. But I do recall Aspkin mentioning in his book that this is something that will take time and may never be as big as your eBay or amazon accounts. It can become a decent income stream on a platform you control.. FYI if you get a ShipStation account it will provide you with name, phone number and email link info of all your customers.. Iím thinking I should be able to send an email or text message blast to all of my customers offering a discounted price with one click.. anybody have any experience with this method? That way I can avoid putting cards in each package or do both.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-04-2018
glacier922's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 656
Thanked 247 Times in 197 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

^^^^

shipstation doesn't work with Amazon though, as far as getting customer's contact info that is.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-27-2019
Sunspot144's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,146
Thanks: 232
Thanked 226 Times in 183 Posts
Activity: 79%
Longevity: 7%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payelectronica View Post
At the moment I am seriously looking into but have not yet tried to divert traffic from my eBay accounts to my own website yet. But I do recall Aspkin mentioning in his book that this is something that will take time and may never be as big as your eBay or amazon accounts. It can become a decent income stream on a platform you control.. FYI if you get a ShipStation account it will provide you with name, phone number and email link info of all your customers.. Iím thinking I should be able to send an email or text message blast to all of my customers offering a discounted price with one click.. anybody have any experience with this method? That way I can avoid putting cards in each package or do both.
Can do this with Mailchimp attached to a PP account. Adds all new order email addresses to a mailing list, then you get a certain # of free emails every month for unpaid service. Emailing spam without the recipient's consent violates privacy laws, so if the email(s) get reported Mailchimp will suspend their service to you. Not a problem with a new IP I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-29-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 1%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
Can do this with Mailchimp attached to a PP account. Adds all new order email addresses to a mailing list, then you get a certain # of free emails every month for unpaid service. Emailing spam without the recipient's consent violates privacy laws, so if the email(s) get reported Mailchimp will suspend their service to you. Not a problem with a new IP I guess.
You just need multiple IP's and an ISP thats eager to take your money. Jk, don't do that - but if you really really wanted to, its an avenue.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-01-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 1%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

Maybe transfer with your different ip country?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-06-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 134
Thanks: 61
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Have u all been able to succesfully divert Ebay/Amazon traffic to your website?

Paypal hides buyer's emails now. How can you find their emails to do marketing?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Website Traffic MM78 Sales & Marketing 19 01-11-2013 08:02 PM
buying website traffic to send to your ebay stores? w0144224 eBay Discussion! 1 07-26-2010 12:00 PM
ebay vs website traffic rafc Subscriber Discussions 32 05-28-2009 11:49 AM
Buying Website Traffic, does it work? fallingforme Sales & Marketing 4 03-29-2008 12:16 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts