Do you guys do any investing? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Stock Market Traders > General Money Chat

General Money Chat Discuss other ways to make money online.

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Precious metals & bullion

Antiques

Puppy dogs

Old 09-25-2012

Longevity: 89%

and kittens. ::
Old 09-25-2012

Longevity: 84%

So there is a real example of what I was talking about earlier, about what's going on out there with people who happen to try a stock picking service.

The first image is a screen shot from my phone with the 2 alerts I got, first from yesterday with a buy alert and today with the sell alert (blurred out the name of the service, because as I said, I'm not here to advertise).

And this is the actual buy and sell trade from my own trading account:

Please do not misinterpret this post, my intention is not to show off something and not even to prove anything, this is just an eye-opener that if you put all the prejudice from the mass-media aside, there are ways to make some pretty serious, effortless and stress-free money.

Ok, take it easy and have a nice day!
Old 09-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

some things work for some people, not all people. i hope it works for you but it is a very dangerous game to play. it's blind investing
Old 09-25-2012

Longevity: 69%

I have just used the motto slow and easy wins the race...401K offered through the company...i max that every year...I have a roth IRA for both the wife and me(using e bay profits) and a little in a gold mutual fund...not actually gold...but the funds invest in mining companys, a little in gold...etc...

It has worked for me, not for everybody...I am just wanting to retire early

Steve
Old 09-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 76%

alnev examples are tempting. But, I'd freak if the numbers went the other direction in one day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (09-25-2012), slim jim (09-25-2012), smartshoppe (01-05-2013)
Old 09-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
alnev examples are tempting. But, I'd freak if the numbers went the other direction in one day.
Yes, and other times GOOD LUCK getting in ANYWHERE NEAR the "buy" price they mentioned.

I WILL agree with Alnev that if someone knows what they are doing, there are always going to be ways to make money. But day trading is profitable for a very small minority of the people who try it and it is NOT stress-free.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (09-26-2012)
Old 09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
if someone knows what they are doing
This is exactly what everything boils down to.

You go to the doctor, hire a lawyer and trust your accountant because "they know what they're doing". Interesting that one rarely questions these guys' expertise, even though you're taking huge risks with them.

Could you take care of your medical, legal and financial matters by yourself?
Maybe yes, maybe not. That's why most of us would rather outsource these jobs and hire people who have the proper education and expertise.
Lucky me, I looked, I found a guy who can trade and hired him. Now he's paying for my rent, bills and a whole lot of beer :P

---------------------------------------------

The world and life itself is a huge puzzle.
And I believe that the key to success (material, social, spiritual etc.) is to discover, understand and properly use the pieces of that puzzle.
If you stop discovering where other people didn't have the courage to move forward, if you stop trying to understanding where other people built prejudice and if you stop building your puzzle where other people got lazy, you will be locked in mediocrity with the rest of them.
Old 09-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
How well versed are you with scams?

Probably, AND luckily not too well versed. Loopie, the appearances of people often belie their true selves.

Just because you went to a house supposedly 'owned' by this dude, you have no idea of knowing if he even was the actual owner. Scammers create images to pull in victims. Re-read what you wrote. You 'saw' a mansion', the guy is legit. Trust me, that does not make him legit.

To proceed in a world of finance, either by buying stocks or buying real estate, your first and only rule must be the protection of YOUR MONEY.
It's an area where one starts slowly, surely and carefully. It's an area where, say your bank roll is $20,000, you retain $15,000.... another adage for you,Loopie

A fool and his money are soon parted.

That my young friend is based on watching people years older than you lose entire life savings, including superannuation because of glossy slick showmen. Those men were con artists.
Trust me i know this. I never said i was going to invest in this guy. I just said i saw his house and he seemed like he knew what he was doing. The point of the thread was to ask about investing. Not me investing with this particular guy. It was a thread just to get some opinions and thoughts. The story was just a story that got me interested in the whole investing thing. I think you and unknown understood me wrong.
Old 09-27-2012

Longevity: 98%

I did bitcoin day trading for a bit but the price kept doing bad things. It would stagnate forever and then randomly jump somewhere, and that's what it did. It never made any predictable swings up and down.
Old 09-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

honestly listening to 'conspiracy theorists' can be a way to also understand what is going on in a market. in no way do i say to listen to ANYONE but you can take these theories and look into them further because some topics will not be brought up publicly. plenty of people predicted the housing bubble but it was not talked about in everyday life. read EVERYTHING. as i say, somewhere between CNN and the conspiracy theorists lies the truth
Old 10-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

people that do well in trading, do not need to 'sell their secrets' to the public. They obviously are not doing that well or they would not need to supplement their income by teaching.

take note - applies to all the 'I know the secret and I can sell it to you' posters on this forum...
Old 10-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
take note - applies to all the 'I know the secret and I can sell it to you' posters on this forum...
Haha, all too often. One prominent member last year tried to sell me some lessons for $800...he is now off this forum thank God.
Old 10-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Ha! Legends in their own minds.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ing-deals.html

Couple of not too bright kids think they might score

Old 10-14-2012

Quote:
people that do well in trading, do not need to 'sell their secrets' to the public. They obviously are not doing that well or they would not need to supplement their income by teaching.
I wonder, after all that's been said in this topic, how many people actually tried to understand how stock picking services work or if they work at all?
How many have been at least a little bit curious and open-minded about all this and put their "I know better" arrogant attitude aside and made a measly google search to try to discover, to learn something new?

It's funny how nowadays even free and good advice has to be sold...
Old 10-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnev View Post
Don't take so much offense. Free and good are both enveloped by the insanely increasing number of sca.ms that are born every second, like a virus or a cancer. You need to understand what this forum is built around. Most of us who have become successful by means of the techniques discussed every day in this forum have done so by being very defensive and questioning everything. Throwing money at every fairy tale that comes along is not too sound. Many of us here have lost thousands of dollars and thousands of hours to achieve what we have and to finally find consistent income.

Some of us may research your advice and some won't. We watch our backs here a lot more than the average jackhole wandering through life chasing "free and good" because they are too ignorant to see the circles they run around in.

Advice is always appreciated either way, just don't expect experienced steal.thers to suckle your teat after every post you make. Again, this forum and its members are very different and diverse from most places you will find on the World Wide Web of nonsense. It seems like you've been here a decent amount of time, so I am surprised you aren't a bit more understanding.

Last edited by unkown5454; 10-14-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Advice is always appreciated either way, just don't expect experienced steal.thers to suckle your teat after every post you make.
Congrats on this great 1liner, but you misunderstand my point.
The only thing I expect is one not bash what I'm saying with a "been there, done that" attitude without actually taking the effort to educate oneself on that particular topic.

Anyway, I feel like this conversation is taking a bad turn, I smell some mocking and personal attacks (maybe it's also my fault, because I have a very low tolerance level for non-sense), so let's just stop all this while we're safe.

Have a great day and see you in a different thread!
Old 10-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnev View Post
I wonder, after all that's been said in this topic, how many people actually tried to understand how stock picking services work or if they work at all?
How many have been at least a little bit curious and open-minded about all this and put their "I know better" arrogant attitude aside and made a measly google search to try to discover, to learn something new?

I was not refering to you, with regard to selling secrets, I was talking in general and more about the guy loop refered to....

As for 'doing a google search' on stock-picking, I am currently sitting next to one of the 5%, and it would be quicker and easier to learn brain surgery. It is stressful. Your example of 10k making 2-3k per month cannot be consistant without being geared at up to x10. If the best traders make 25% pa on average without gearing and could make x10 more than your stock picker, with gearing, then that gives you an indication of where your picker is in the league. Gearing is ok, as long you manage your losses properly. Basically the results you state without gearing can only be explained with some kind of insider knowledge! The best traders do not stock pick for joe public, only a few select clients.

nobody said stock picking services did not work, it is how and to what degree, that we were discussing, no personal jibes thrown...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 10-14-2012 at 01:52 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
alnev (10-14-2012), unkown5454 (10-14-2012)
Old 10-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel etc etc
Old 10-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel etc etc
great movie! real life!
Old 12-23-2012

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbills10 View Post
I have just used the motto slow and easy wins the race...

401K offered through the company...i max that every year...I have a roth IRA for both the wife and me(using e bay profits)

and a little in a gold mutual fund...not actually gold...but the funds invest in mining companys, a little in gold...etc...

It has worked for me, not for everybody...I am just wanting to retire early

Steve
I agree with slow & easy.

Qualified Plans (IRA, 401k, etc...) were designed to Screw You, good for Gov't and Wall Street. Guess who controls the Rules of the Game?

Precious metals are fine. Stick to ETFs like GLD: https://www.spdrs.com/product/fund.seam?ticker=GLD
Old 12-27-2012
Banned

Longevity: 66%

Honestly stocks I wouldn't touch, or gold, or real estate.

Invest in a Stealth Book, if you are already making money and lost your account. If you make lets say $500 per month or $1500 per month with one account. Imagine having 10 of those! You can't go WRONG!

If you want to drive a semi truck in the US or Canada. Save up money, buy your own truck cause as a driver you make $4 to $5k. Buy your own then you make $10 to $12k get more money get a 2nd truck hire someone, get a 3rd one, hire a 2nd person then a 3rd person for the one you are driving and sit home and relax. I use to own a trucking company in Canada. Was good. No matter what the economy is like in this world, trash, paper, everything comes on a truck no matter what. And if the economy was so bad people wouldn't buy my crap on ebay either! lol.

If you got $100k cash invest into diamonds, as stone you'll make $50k if you cut them you'll make $100k off of it. You need different amounts of money for every project! You just need the brains, and life exp. to see what is out there in this world. Starting a lawn business to cut grass doesn't take much but to get the customers is another thing plus keeping them! If you see a market that has over $3 billion dollars in Northern America guess what? It's got enough money for you to have some of it!

Don't buy a business that someone is selling unless they are dying or old. Spend time researching! Each business needs a set price to start and you got to know what you are doing. Have a business in a location is not the best either cause the areas change over the years. Buying a mcds would be the only thing I would buy in this world. Americans will never stop to EAT!

Stay away from stocks if you want to invest keep it in the bank at 1.25% savings account until you know what you want. Don't jump the gun and be so greedy to make a buck! Relax you are young. I've lost a lot in my life due to my family. I've been scammed cause they seen I was in need of help and yeah sucks when it's your own family. Best thing I can say is NO BUSINESS PARTNERS! UNLESS IT'S YOUR WIFE OR HUSBAND! And that's all I can say too you!

If you want to make sales look at Coca Cola, their products are sold world wide. It sales for under $2.50 around the world. Women, Men, can both have it and any age as long as the kids are not too young. Sell products that are under $30. Most of this world is broke anyways and have low IQ so not everyone can start a business. If you got $30 in your pocket chances are you will spend it! People who live off of credit cards are a joke too me! I never had one in my life and don't plan on it! I buy with CASH! Someone who is selling a laptop out of 1,000 customers maybe only 50 will buy. And someone who is selling plates at $19.99 can have 300 customers. I would rather sell plates, then laptops cause plates if you don't sell them today, they won't expire in 5 years still good! Laptops you only got a month or 2 before getting rid of it and then you are out of money!

Be smart with your money! Know who too target! Know your business in and out with the market! I've talked business too so many around the world. I did travel and live in a lot of countries. Most people are in debt and blinded by the gov and live 9 to 5 paycheck to paycheck and all think alike with a low IQ. If everyone had a high IQ in this world and owned a business, no one would work or make bread for you, or serve you at mcds! Only kids of the owners maybe!

My thing is this, if you don't have the money! DON'T BUY IT! WORK YOUR WAY TO EARN IT! Why put your self in debt and pay high % on something? It's very stupid! I would say give out loans as a credit card company start small. Work your way up, you guys are young! Know the system if they don't pay up how can you get anything back? Barrow money to people under $500 and if they don't pay take them to small claims court. I know some countries pay you 20% of what you barrow in case they don't pay up and the gov pays you back and then those people are in debt with that gov so any money they make with a check, the gov will take it out of them ASAP before it's even cashed!

It's a very messed up world we all live in but a very nice one if you know the ins and outs and tricks!

Good luck just research a lot don't give your money too anyone unless it's mcds or you are buying products to resell for your self.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
alnev (12-28-2012), bpdoz (12-27-2012), Laritha (12-27-2012), unkown5454 (12-27-2012), yotano211 (01-08-2013)
Closed Thread