Day Trading - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Stock Market Traders > General Money Chat

General Money Chat Discuss other ways to make money online.

Old 01-26-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%
Default Day Trading

So I bought 2000 shares BAC the other day for 5.70

And sold today at 6.45..

After cost per trade, I made $1100.

Nice!

Now I think BAC will go back down to the low fives, and if it does I'll buy back in. Right now it closed at $6.

Anyone else see good stocks to buy into right now?

I know Modee likes APPL, and I would of bought some if it hit 75 like I wanted it to, but it ony hit 78 and now it's 89ish.

I knew it would go up, but it didn't reach my get in price.

I like CAT, they are hard hit right now but short term there could be some good spikes in them. Long term I'm not sure how they'll do.

The only other stock I like right now is AMZN, which has their quarter reports coming out soon, and from what I hear it's going to be very good. The bad thing is AMZN is priced pretty high already, so I can't see myself buying in at (49), even though they'll probably jump to 55-60 when the reports come out.

I'm waiting for AMZN to come down a bit, before the reports, and I'll try to jump in, but I'm not sure if it will.

Who else is trading?

Old 01-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

I trade a bit....
Usually into APPL, HOG, AMZN

HOG took a pretty good hit last Friday.
They announced their losses, factories closing, decreasing their shipping numbers and layoffs.
It went down to $9.89 in Pre-Trade.
It is currently at $11.54 at close of the day.
Up $.01 in after-hours.
52-Wk High: 09/19 $48.05
Dividend: 0.33
Prev. Close: $11.50
52-Wk Low: 01/23 $10.07
Old 01-26-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Short term for HOG I don't think is very good. They're expensive and mostly a toy for people. They have a good brand though, and it sells. Maybe if it goes down to $5 per share it would be good for long term, but other then that, I wouldn't touch it.

I'll most likely buy some shares of AMZN in the next few days.
Old 01-26-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

I read this article the other day about people who play video games a lot, or used to play a lot tend to take more risks in life. They do things that are risky.

Day Trading is risky stuff, I know this and I know it's better to hold long term. I'm sure BAC a few years from now will be 20 or more. But if you're a good trader, I'm not saying I am, you can make good money.

Most people don't make money with it because they can't watch what they're doing, or they have other jobs, etc and can't be online all the time. I don't have that problem.

By the way Modee, what system do you use to watch stocks. I don't use anything right now and I think it's hurting me.
Old 01-26-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Ah, the first time I read that I didn't really understand it.

Now that I read it again, it makes more since. Thanks for pointing back to it.
Old 01-28-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Ah BAC!! +20% in early morning trading... and I couldn't buy back in yesterday because of the 3 day rule... bah!
Old 01-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

So you lost out on about another grand??? CRAPPY!!!
Old 01-28-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Just about... bah..

I'm working on a new Brokerage account, and adding more funds so I won't be held back by this 3 day limit anymore.

I do believe we reached the bottom though.

Wait for the pull back and buy buy buy.
Old 01-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Do you mean until the stock drops back down and buy?
Old 01-28-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

To hold long in BAC may or may not be a good idea.

To hold in AAPL is different, but AAPL doesn't move like BAC.

BAC has increased 40% in the past three days...

I say take your money and run while you can.

My only problem was I couldn't buy back in like I wanted to.
Old 01-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

I plan on holding onto stocks for a while...Not sure where else to invest at the moment because of the economy :( Everyone says gold and silver!
Old 01-29-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Right, we had some great buying opportunities the last two weeks or so.

This week it seems a lot of the good news is here.

I do believe we have bottomed out.
Old 01-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

As long as BAC doesn't go bankrupt, I think in a few years it will go back up to where the price was in 2007. Boy would that be nice! Whenever we get out of this depression or whatever you want to call it.
Old 01-29-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

AMZN - Amazon.com, Inc. - Google Finance

Amazon.com Announces Fourth Quarter Sales up 18% to $6.70 Billion; 2008 Free Cash Flow Grows 16% to $1.36 Billion

Good call on AMZN.

I bought 300 shares earlier today. In after hours it increased so far 10%
Old 02-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Currently my $$ are all tied up in BOA stock.
I am waiting on the comeback...

When will it happen?????
This weekend?
Next week?

Any Clues??????????
Old 02-20-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Today...

I bought another 2000 shares of bac at 2.99 today

I'm holding long with them.

Eight Reasons Bank of America Is Going to $20 -- Seeking Alpha

I'm also stuck in SIRI and RDN...

I got greedy with siri.. and didn't sell when I had the chance... oh well it'll come back up in a couple weeks. I averaged down to .17 per share.
Old 02-20-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

I think BAC will continue to climb until late next week at least.. I'm not sure how high, but I want to say 5-6...

People were mostly scared that the banks would be nationalized... that was put to rest early today. It should be up for awhile..
Old 02-25-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Today...

I bought another 2000 shares of bac at 2.99 today

I'm holding long with them.

Eight Reasons Bank of America Is Going to $20 -- Seeking Alpha

I'm also stuck in SIRI and RDN...

I got greedy with siri.. and didn't sell when I had the chance... oh well it'll come back up in a couple weeks. I averaged down to .17 per share.
Quoting my own post.. yes!

BAC is currently at 5.33 with a high today at 5.45...

My predictions with it were right... and I'm holding on for 7-8ish

BAC - Bank of America Corporation - Google Finance
Old 02-25-2009

Longevity: 87%

Good job Aspkin! I had C at $2.09 bought Friday a/h...but sold Monday...b/c it kept dipping, and the "nationalization scare" wasn't completely squelched!

If you want to play the financial recovery play, than UYG near $2.00 is good!
BAC was a good buy, b/c it's much better off than C.

I must admit, I'm a Siriot...I know, stock sucks, but product rocks! You can buy a lot to now, not that I suggest it...but I'm married to it, and I like buying stocks of products I use!

Some people think GE below $9.00's a good buy....but beware of their financial arm and its dubiousness!

If you are a real, real gambler, AIG under $.45 But how can you really buy such a Co. when their financial-picture has bankruptcy written-all-over-it, provided the US Government would allow it!

Missed the Stem-Cell run(s)...there are others...and I'll keep my eyes-out for you!

Good job netting some BAC profits! Any profits are good profits in this Market from the long-side!

PS: AMZN is a great stock, but you are right to be hesitant buying at this level...too risky! Great stock, and nice profitable Co. though!
Old 02-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Anything medical/health is a fair stock to have. (fair as in good). Years back I brought stock in the Cochlear Bionic ear company. Great to this day.:D
People always want good health etc.
Old 02-26-2009

Longevity: 87%

Good to hear of fellow poster's success; Medical can be great...it just has never been my specialty! I would have bought ABT from Carter Worth's recommendation of a good "recession-proof stock" right before the Market's started to decline rapidly! In hindsight, you would have NOT LOST SO MUCH MONEY in it, but it never has had the bull-run it could have in a decent market; Also, I remember when Schering-Plough was bruised and battered under $13.00, and now it trades $17; But you would have been a little brave to buy-it-then, b/c it lost the efficacy of one of its major colesterol drugs, I believe, and Cramer was dissing it as a "betrayal" of his beleif in the Co. and CEO; I mention that one, b/c they have operations in my home city! Still THOR has been gaining attention, and I made a bit of money on WHRT, when it was a penny stock...

At any rate...I'm "stuck-in-SIRI" too, as most longs are...it is very manipulated, SHO-ed and its stock-structure is "penny-ish", meaning 4-billion+ shares outstanding, with a potential to 6-billion if Malone from DTV converts the preferreds into a 40% ownerhip stake! My position in SIRI is a very long-term investment, for two reasons: 1) The appeal and value of the product, and 2), It's current, near-monopoly status!

More about both...I just re-upped my two subs, to lock-in their rates, which will increase on the extended portion of your multiple sub-plan (they are not allowed to increase base-sub rates on 1-primary sub alone...per merger agreement with the FCC!), at a price of $226 for 1-year...and that includes up-graded web-Sirius, which will no longer be free after March 16th 2009; I could not stand to not have Sirius in my home/vehicle, b/c I don't do CD's or Ipods, and I love radio; I can't stand the annoyance of am/fm (although there are some programs I will listen to, and especially community radio and some late-night am-stuff-----although I don't now that I'm all SDAR!). Bottomline, I personally find subscribing to two subs (home and car) allows me all the radio I need, and I enjoy it immensley...a bit annoyed hearing too many commercials on CNBC (I listen less and less to that, b/c it is as annoying as any Rush Linbough type programming), and Bloomberg...but the music and the specialty programs, from Cofffe-House to Reggae to Greatful-Dead...Bob Dylon on XM, now Sirius too...in fact there's really too much good musical programming to be able to really enjoy it all! So, that's why I'm am huge believer in Satellite-Radio, the product!

2) The financials and eventual profitability of the Co., has in no way been validated yet with this PPS; They still have a lot of hoops to jump-through, even to assure their financing going forward; The $550 million commentment from DTV is conditional on their not getting a "going-concern" qualification in their 4th-quater 2008 report! Still, they need to finish some other financing, in order for DTV to commit all their funds they've stated they will provide! I happen to think SIRI will get-through these immediate hoops, which will allow it to survive until the Markets improve; That's the name of the game now, no only for SIRI, but for so many companies!

So, while I'm heavy in the bag-holding with SIRI, I would like to take the opportunity to average-down, strategically at these levels, betting that the Co. survives, and turns a profit sometime in 2010! Once SIRI shows they are about to turn-a-profit, that's when all-best-are-off with their penny-stock PPS; Of course, a lot can go wrong...still, and their headwinds are immense; But, I believe enough in the medium, that I think they'll make it, eventually! 20k shares could even be worth a lot some-day...and that's roughly $2,600...at $.13; Of course, it's a bit of a long shot thinking that $.13-cents could turn-into $1.00+ plus some day relatively soon, but it's not altogether improbable, IF financing is thoroughly complete, and a road to profitability is clearly demonstrated; We'll know a lot more in soon-to-be-released 4th-quarter results! Until then and even near-term beyond, expect "more-of-the-same" and even possible down-side on the un-certainty of it all, or heaven forbid, they show a strong loss-of-subscriber growth!~
There is a reason this stock is $.13-cents! But there's also a realistic posibility, based on logical assumptions, that this could easily be a $1.00+ dollar stock in the not-terribly too distant future!

At any rate, I'd better stop...b/c I could go on-and-on-and-on!

Good luck to everyone in their trades and investments; We certainly need it from the long-side of things!
Old 02-26-2009
Administrator
Threadstarter  

I have 23500 shares of SIRI...

I actually bought a lot at 7 cents per share.. and I felt it would go higher, maybe up to .50 per share so I bought more at .24 per share and so right now I'm averaged in at .16 cents per share. :(

I got greedy... and didn't sell when I had the chance.

But I feel okay with SIRI.. it's starting to SLOWLY climb back up.. SLOWLY...

Lol.. it'll be a couple months to reach back to .16 a share at this rate..