eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   WooCommerce ?s (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/130497-woocommerce-s.html)

jack702 10-11-2019 06:12 PM

WooCommerce ?s

Anyone sell on WooCommerce? How is it? I'm thinking of having a store built up on there.

Any input or advice?

TIRED of eBay for the most part and want to explore other options.

busyguy 10-26-2019 03:06 PM

Re: WooCommerce ?s

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack702 (Post 1040635)
Anyone sell on WooCommerce? How is it? I'm thinking of having a store built up on there.

Any input or advice?

TIRED of eBay for the most part and want to explore other options.

Did you setup a store?

stsang14 10-31-2019 12:55 AM

woocommerce is a plugin on the wordpress engine
its just a webstore like shopify or bigcommerce

its not a marketplace.
that being said i have a woocommerce site and am building a 2nd one now.

i like it more than shopify as i can easily find developers for cheap and woo doesnt take a cut of my sales

The_Cynic 05-12-2020 11:40 PM

I agree with stsang14,

Woo commerce is a free plugin for wordpress websites with no monthly fee. You have to arrange your own payment processor. Also, woo commerce does NOT ban people like shopify.

I have added it to one of my sites on a sub domain and I'm pleased so far.

aspkin 05-14-2020 05:28 PM

Old thread but interesting topic.

WooCommerce is great but it has a steep learning curve.

It can do a lot though and as Cynic mentioned, since you control it there is no 3rd party going to ban you.

glacier922 05-14-2020 07:00 PM

Also got to be creative on how to divert traffic to your woocommerce site. I love it, I have websites fully functional and have some buyers the trick now is to divert tons and tons of traffic. Also I like how shipstation works with it as well

snoopyab 05-14-2020 10:16 PM

oh shopify will ban users too ? i didn't know that tho

TimTimmington 05-15-2020 09:46 PM

Generating traffic is the hard part. I am interested to know peoples methods. There are also allot of themes you can get for free and it's not to difficult to learn how to set up the store.

The_Cynic 05-16-2020 03:23 AM

After getting booted from the "river" for second time last year. Took some time to recharge and lick my wounds. I'm back now, and have done sites on both shopify and woo.

I recommend woo for those who know WP and how to use xls, shopify is easier for noobs to start. If you are worried about the copyright cartel, having your own domain & hosting while using woo is the best solution.

But with either, like @TimTimmington said traffic is the key.

TimTimmington 05-16-2020 08:34 AM

The_Cynic, have you got some tips on where to start for that? Does everything come down to social media? Seems so time consuming and just phoney to have to promote so much bs through social media but maybe that is the only way these days? I have absolutely no problem navigating my way round woocommerce an wordpress - well with the help of youtube but its the after but once the shop is set up. I would love to master this. Just yesterday I spent about 8hrs doing some t-shirt designs to sign up for my first etsy store, get pasy all the checks until.. - boom upload you ID... So dissheartening. If I knew how to SEO and drive traffic I would just do that instead and do away with eB and Etsy and AMZ. I know you don't get anywhere near the same exposure even with a good setup but way less pains in the ass to deal with.... If you can make sales

The_Cynic 05-18-2020 12:15 AM

Tips on traffic?

The easiest way is to just buy the clicks. Facebook, Google, Bing, Twitter, IG and pintrest all have programs. But with that the key is converting the traffic.

There are also a slew of automation bots for social media. I had success with pinbot for pintrest and tumbling jazz for tumblr.

One thing I am trying atm is getting free feeds into Google shopping. In April Google changed their shopping feeds back to allow free feeds into the shopping page results.

You can get your woo product feed into Google merchant center for free now. Some of the minor marketplaces like ecrater and Bonanza also get their feeds into Google shopping.

aspkin 05-20-2020 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimTimmington (Post 1093706)
Generating traffic is the hard part. I am interested to know peoples methods. There are also allot of themes you can get for free and it's not to difficult to learn how to set up the store.

SEO (but this takes awhile)

Retargeting on Facebook (those that land on your website, you track them with a retargeting pixel and target them with ads on Facebook)

Retargeting on Google platforms (same thing as above)

AdWords and other paid ads (Target your money keywords, the keywords which bring in Buyers)

Email Marketing (capture leads and setup an email sequence to bring people back to your site)

Etc.

Start with one method and build on it.

salemzaid1 06-12-2020 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 1094754)
SEO (but this takes awhile)

Retargeting on Facebook (those that land on your website, you track them with a retargeting pixel and target them with ads on Facebook)

Retargeting on Google platforms (same thing as above)

AdWords and other paid ads (Target your money keywords, the keywords which bring in Buyers)

Email Marketing (capture leads and setup an email sequence to bring people back to your site)

Etc.

Start with one method and build on it.

I left eBay and any selling platforms in 2016 November. Been selling independantly since then, now on Wordpress/Woocommerce.
1000000% times better if you can get through the rough start up period.

But at the end of the day it's about payment processing. For example, credit card processors shutting you down, Paypal account issues etc.
Literally today I got asked for documents on PayPal. Doesn't look good as I didn't set this one up with Stealth and sloppily just used my real info to get it set up (was in a rush, with lots of traffic)

lol anyways

dachilla 07-22-2020 12:53 AM

I never understood why people would use Shopify over woocommerce?

Do Shopify drive traffic to your shopify store?

If not, then what sense would it make to pay them a monthly fee that is by far higher than any hosting service charges and you run the risk to get banned if they don't like your face?

glacier922 07-22-2020 02:58 AM

Shopify is supposedly much easier to setup, like idiot proof in exchange for the possibility of suspensions and limitations. Woocommerce you're pretty free but it's a big learning curve. Not coding level but quite nice, I'd say even bigger than learning a new selling platform X 5

raAlfa 07-31-2020 04:34 PM

Woocommerce: Selfhosted, selfmanaged, selfmade.

Shopify: For Mom & Pop who cannot be selfmade, because worked in factory for 10-100 years. Or for the kid who thinks his new business model of dropshipping random cheap stuff from China is innovative. Or for wife bored with life and creating "artwork" (in her mind).

Some people really believe that there was no ecommerce solutions before shopfiy, its absolutely crazy. Magneto, Cscart, Xcart, etc. etc. - decades in the market. If you want to sell your own stuff, your own brands, if you want to make money and not creating clones, you need to use your own shop software.

The_Cynic 08-11-2020 04:16 AM

I agree with rsALFA but would add this from my experience. After learning the basics of WP and having your inventory on xls, woocommerce is the way to go.

I have been trying to improve conversions on both my shopify and woo sites. Woo is better for customization and upsells.