Wanted UK Sellers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 02-01-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Lightbulb Wanted UK Sellers

Because this forum has so many users I thought i would give this a go, its more for the UK peeps but anyone can join in

So since my post yesterday I've been reading through a lot of threads and forums across the internet and it seems to me that a lot of people have been removed or want a change from ebay for one reason or another and are looking to sell on another platform.

I post a thread about Ebid yesterday and didnt get much of a response, so my question is why dont sellers move to it? In my head if we can move enough sellers over to the site then surly buyers would follow (its how ebay started).

Would anyone be willing to give it a go? If enough people agree and we all email our current customers and hit social media (I have already done this and had 30 people have opened accounts) we could potentially help each other out and increase traffic to the site. The advantages to us all are huge, I have listed items on Ebid cheaper then I did on ebay due to not having to pay 10% sellers fees. I'm making more money and my customers are saving as well (win win)

Advantages:
1. No sellers fee or 2% if you want a gallery pictures
2. Easy to move products from ebay to Ebid (took me 15 mins)
3. One life time payment currently £49.99
4. Platform is easy to nav
Proberly more but dont want to drag this out

Disadvantages:
1. Low traffic to site (this is a huge issue but we could do something about it)
2. £49.99 is a lot if you dont make sales

So would anyone be willing to spend the £49.99 for an account? I would recommend seeing how many people want to have a go before joining if your sat on the fence. I have joined and can send you a link if anyone wants it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Wanted UK Sellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Complete waste of £50.

Only someone who works for them would suggest it’s a good idea.

But I do agree it would attract surly buyers.

I hope some do leave eBay for Ebid, better for those of us who stay.
I dont work for them lol, I know traffic is poor but I stand by my comment that its cheaper to sell on Ebid so I'm struggling to understand why it hasnt kicked on? Plenty of people out there would love to save 10% on all sales
Old 02-01-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisjohno View Post
I dont work for them lol, I know traffic is poor but I stand by my comment that its cheaper to sell on Ebid so I'm struggling to understand why it hasnt kicked on? Plenty of people out there would love to save 10% on all sales
Tinsoldier, do you have an account with them? if so apart from the traffic what are the disadvantages over ebay?
Old 02-01-2020
Threadstarter  

I would totally agree with you if I hadnt had sells on there over the last 2 days.
You are correct its nothing compared to ebay in terms of sales but if people did start using it then that would change.
Old 02-01-2020
Threadstarter  

Totally agree with you which was why I raised this thread, I dont want to waste anyones money either... Again you are right I'm by no way selling the same volumes I was on ebay but we are selling which shows that it isnt a scam and you can sell stuff on there.

The issue is they DONT have the traffic but if people like you sold on ebay and Ebid and encouraged your customers to buy from Ebid then traffic would increase.

You would be able to save money and pass some of that savings on to your customers.

I'm more than happy to take a snap shot of my sales to show you that I have sold items on Ebid over the weekend.

As sellers we could all help each other and I believe that if enough sellers sold on Ebid and asked their customers to move over the word would spread. Yes it a lot of work I spent the weekend sending out emails to old customers but they are buying from me as I'm offering them a saving.
Old 02-01-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It hasn’t worked because it’s a scam. They’ve been taking £50 from gullible sellers for years now and doing nothing more than providing a basic platform. No site improvements, no media advertising, no google placement.

It isn’t cheaper to sell on Ebid because time is money. Time wasted on messing with them for zero sales is an expense I can do without.

Anyway, good luck to anyone daft enough to waste time and money with them.

If they were seen as even a remote threat to eBay, however tiny, then eBay would have bought them years ago. The fact they haven’t tells you all you need to know about their future.
Just Wanted to let you know that if you download you listings with turbo lister into a CSV then uploaded them to Ebid using eBid Ninja Lister then it takes about 15 mins to move everything across. Not that much time wasted
Old 02-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
As sellers we could all help each other and I believe that if enough sellers sold on Ebid and asked their customers to move over the word would spread. Yes it a lot of work I spent the weekend sending out emails to old customers but they are buying from me as I'm offering them a saving.
I have not sold any item from my listings on ebid in 6 years!
Some other guy on Trustpilot is unhappy cos his listings haven't sold anything in 20 years.

So my question to you is: are you having an affair with someone at eBid?

I ask because it will take a connected person to get my fees back!
Old 02-01-2020

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Just Wanted to let you know that if you download you listings with turbo lister into a CSV then uploaded them to Ebid using eBid Ninja Lister then it takes about 15 mins to move everything across. Not that much time wasted
You just don't get it do you? take the advise from tinsoldier.
the 24 hour 1/2 price lifetime membership for £49.99 has been the same for 5+ years, they have been here as long as ebay have and has been no improvements on the platform whatsoever, the page visits per day are false is in real visits,
Once you move over to there i agree wouldn't take long and listings will be up until sold so you don't have to do much really,
If you have already paid your membership and have not used there services you can get your money back
Old 02-01-2020

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Because this forum has so many users I thought i would give this a go, its more for the UK peeps but anyone can join in

So since my post yesterday I've been reading through a lot of threads and forums across the internet and it seems to me that a lot of people have been removed or want a change from ebay for one reason or another and are looking to sell on another platform.

I post a thread about Ebid yesterday and didnt get much of a response, so my question is why dont sellers move to it? In my head if we can move enough sellers over to the site then surly buyers would follow (its how ebay started).

Would anyone be willing to give it a go? If enough people agree and we all email our current customers and hit social media (I have already done this and had 30 people have opened accounts) we could potentially help each other out and increase traffic to the site. The advantages to us all are huge, I have listed items on Ebid cheaper then I did on ebay due to not having to pay 10% sellers fees. I'm making more money and my customers are saving as well (win win)

Advantages:
1. No sellers fee or 2% if you want a gallery pictures
2. Easy to move products from ebay to Ebid (took me 15 mins)
3. One life time payment currently £49.99
4. Platform is easy to nav
Proberly more but dont want to drag this out

Disadvantages:
1. Low traffic to site (this is a huge issue but we could do something about it)
2. £49.99 is a lot if you dont make sales

So would anyone be willing to spend the £49.99 for an account? I would recommend seeing how many people want to have a go before joining if your sat on the fence. I have joined and can send you a link if anyone wants it.
Hey take a look at gumtree
Old 02-01-2020

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukjay View Post
Hey take a look at gumtree
its a classified advertising site owned by ebay
Old 02-02-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
When was the last time you used turbolister on ebay UK?
On Friday to move my listings from ebay to Ebid.
Old 02-02-2020
Threadstarter  

UpDate,

I have also joined Onbuy, now this is a good site if your looking for something different from ebay. uploaded my listings last night and have had 8 sales already.

As for Ebid sales have only been 3 since Friday so very slow but sales are sales I guess.

I will try and keep this page update with both sites to give everyone an idea of how they do.
Old 02-02-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
I have not sold any item from my listings on ebid in 6 years!
Some other guy on Trustpilot is unhappy cos his listings haven't sold anything in 20 years.

So my question to you is: are you having an affair with someone at eBid?

I ask because it will take a connected person to get my fees back!
Lol I wish I might be able to get them to push some promotions to increase traffic!
Old 02-23-2020

Nr 3.
"One life time payment currently £49.99"

Old 02-23-2020

otherwise guys - we have 2wait untill My child soon creates smth For You & and specially 4Me guys!
������
Old 02-24-2020

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

Signed up to eBid 3 years ago for £50. Absolute waste of money. They just don't have anyone using them.

Etsy has come out of nowhere and I still get a few unique sales on there from different buyers to ebay. So I don't know how they pulled it off.

eBid has been around for ages as well but they simply didn't make the same impact as other sites.